PDA

View Full Version : 7 game owning streak

cowboys07
12-17-2007, 06:53 PM
is it just me, or have our beloved kansas city chiefs started 4-2 and somehow blown 7 consecutive games. brodie croyle is really living up to his expectations. :sign0098:

YZILLA
12-17-2007, 07:38 PM
I wouldn't hang this one on Croyle, Tom Brady would be on his back and throwing of his back foot with our stinkin o' Line blocking for him ! This is 90% not enough time and 10 % inexperience of croyle not knowing how to handle the blitzes. If he had time to look around the field he would be a very fine quarterback .Instead, we will never know until we get some beef on the line to protect his blind side !

Coach
12-17-2007, 10:56 PM
I don't think Montana could have a good year behind this line.

Chiefster
12-17-2007, 11:07 PM
is it just me, or have our beloved kansas city chiefs started 4-2 and somehow blown 7 consecutive games. brodie croyle is really living up to his expectations. :sign0098:

It ain't just you.

Hayvern
12-18-2007, 01:05 AM
YZILLA!, I saw you bus at the Raiders game, even took some pictures of it.

How I envy you guys that are closer to God's country. Someday!

Guru
12-18-2007, 01:45 AM
4-3.

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 01:46 AM
4-3.

Yup.

prough91
12-18-2007, 07:09 AM

If Huard hadn't been sucking it up all year, I'd blame Croyle. It's the o-line. I think Croyle thinks he has to perform beyond his capabilities for the team to win, which I pretty common with young QBs. The one thing I've noticed, he seems almost fearless going down the field, but when he gets in the red zone, it seems he starts floating his passes. Anyone else notice that?

YZILLA
12-18-2007, 12:39 PM
I agree

hermhater
12-18-2007, 12:41 PM
If Huard hadn't been sucking it up all year, I'd blame Croyle. It's the o-line. I think Croyle thinks he has to perform beyond his capabilities for the team to win, which I pretty common with young QBs. The one thing I've noticed, he seems almost fearless going down the field, but when he gets in the red zone, it seems he starts floating his passes. Anyone else notice that?

For some reason he starts throwing of his back foot near the endzone.

I'm not sure if it is a holdover from his 'Bama days, or what.

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 12:47 PM

He does taking snaps behind our "O" line.

prough91
12-18-2007, 12:55 PM
For some reason he starts throwing of his back foot near the endzone.

I'm not sure if it is a holdover from his 'Bama days, or what.

I went back over the last couple of games to watch him. They call them plays for the corner of the endzone, probably because they're less likely to get intercepted to keep his confidence up, most times the receivers aren't open. He might put it up there where he figures either his receiver can go up and get it if they can or it will just be incomplete. Plus, he only has 1.2 seconds to throw it.

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 01:24 PM
I went back over the last couple of games to watch him. They call them plays for the corner of the endzone, probably because they're less likely to get intercepted to keep his confidence up, most times the receivers aren't open. He might put it up there where he figures either his receiver can go up and get it if they can or it will just be incomplete. Plus, he only has 1.2 seconds to throw it.
Now we're calling plays for him that are less likely to be INT's??? PROBLEM!!!!

prough91
12-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Now we're calling plays for him that are less likely to be INT's??? PROBLEM!!!!

Dude, you miss the point every time someone says something. I think the coaching staff is smart enough to know that this o-line isn't good and the season's pretty much a waste. So why not call some low risk plays to keep him from getting intercepted and ruining his confidence for next year.

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Dude, you miss the point every time someone says something. I think the coaching staff is smart enough to know that this o-line isn't good and the season's pretty much a waste. So why not call some low risk plays to keep him from getting intercepted and ruining his confidence for next year.
This is the NFL!!! If we have to baby these QB's, then they should either be on the bench with a clipboard or selling insurance! Dude's been watching for almost two years! Incompletions in the Red Zone are a confidence builder???? How about calling a play where he actually has a chance of making a completion? Worry about building confidence not ruining it!!

prough91
12-18-2007, 01:52 PM
This is the NFL!!! If we have to baby these QB's, then they should either be on the bench with a clipboard or selling insurance! Dude's been watching for almost two years! Incompletions in the Red Zone are a confidence builder???? How about calling a play where he actually has a chance of making a completion? Worry about building confidence not ruining it!!

Carrying a clipboard is a damn sight different than playing on the field. As for this being the NFL, name me two QBs in the last 10 years besides Big Ben and Brady that really tore it up their first season.

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Carrying a clipboard is a damn sight different than playing on the field. As for this being the NFL, name me two QBs in the last 10 years besides Big Ben and Brady that really tore it up their first season.
You can't pamper these guys! They have to learn somehow! I just don't think Croyle has what it takes! Is that ok? Just like I thought we were going to have a bad season!

Funny how you had to preface your question with two QB's!! BTW, how are Romo and Derek Anderson doing this year? I haven't noticed!!!

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 02:24 PM
I think Romo has had a pretty decent season from what I understand.

hermhater
12-18-2007, 02:27 PM
You can't pamper these guys! They have to learn somehow! I just don't think Croyle has what it takes! Is that ok? Just like I thought we were going to have a bad season!

Funny how you had to preface your question with two QB's!! BTW, how are Romo and Derek Anderson doing this year? I haven't noticed!!!

They are both doing pretty good, except Romo breaks down and has multiple int games too.

7 against the Bills (which they somehow pulled a win out of their asses), and I think 2 or 3 this weekend.

It happens to all young QB's.

Brodie would look much better without all our cement handed receivers dropping fully HALF of Brodies passes.

prough91
12-18-2007, 02:50 PM

Then quit b*#@hing about him while he's learning! And THAT was my 500th post. Going to crack open a brew and celebrate.

:drunkhb::bananen_smilies046::toast2:

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Then quit b*#@hing about him while he's learning! And THAT was my 500th post. Going to crack open a brew and celebrate.

:drunkhb::bananen_smilies046::toast2:
Did you notice I named your two in the last 10 years??? I decided on the last 2 years and I'm sure there are plenty in the last 10

nigeriannightmare
12-18-2007, 03:25 PM

Cleveland has a lot of weapons, a tackle you build a franchise around as does Romo in Dallas. Croyle hasn't played with LJ, D-Bowe is still learning and our o-line might be the worst line in the league give the kid a chance...hoping that the needs of the o-line are fixed over the next year!!!!!!

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 03:28 PM
Cleveland has a lot of weapons, a tackle you build a franchise around as does Romo in Dallas. Croyle hasn't played with LJ, D-Bowe is still learning and our o-line might be the worst line in the league give the kid a chance...hoping that the needs of the o-line are fixed over the next year!!!!!!

Don't hold your breath.

Canada
12-18-2007, 08:51 PM

Anderson isn't in his first year....and he wasn't good before. Almost like there is some sort of resemblance. Some QB's are not good in their first few seasons. I noticed you jump right to Romo. How about Tavaris Jackson, Vince Young did not start out well, I doubt Jamarcus Russel would have been great. Some QBs need time to develop. If you threw every draft pick into a game on his first day, NFL QBs would suck.

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Anderson isn't in his first year....and he wasn't good before. Almost like there is some sort of resemblance. Some QB's are not good in their first few seasons. I noticed you jump right to Romo. How about Tavaris Jackson, Vince Young did not start out well, I doubt Jamarcus Russel would have been great. Some QBs need time to develop. If you threw every draft pick into a game on his first day, NFL QBs would suck.
He asked for two. I gave them to him. You don't like Romo I take it? Sorry, Anderson had 3 starts last year. One of which he threw 2 4th quarter TD's against the Chiefs!

hermhater
12-18-2007, 10:58 PM
He asked for two. I gave them to him. You don't like Romo I take it? Sorry, Anderson had 3 starts last year. One of which he threw 2 4th quarter TD's against the Chiefs!

Who hasn't?

:lol:

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Who hasn't?

:lol:
Damn scooter!!!:lol:

Canada
12-19-2007, 12:07 AM

I don't mind Romo, I am just saying that comparing Croyle to other QB's dosen't mean a damn thing.

rbedgood
12-19-2007, 03:27 AM

If you're talking about first season as a starter
Tony Romo (last year)
Derek Anderson (this year)
Kurt Warner (1999)
Phlllip Rivers (last year)
David Garrard (this year)