PDA

View Full Version : OK alot of draft pics... any thoughts

Pro_Angler
12-17-2007, 10:21 PM
We have what looks to be 10 draft picks comming and possibly if all goes well the last 2 games a top 5 pic maybe top 3.
Any thought's??
We need offensive line, a corner or 2 A line backer or safety (esp safety)
I say running back as well.
OH AND A FRIKIN PUNT RETURNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach
12-17-2007, 10:29 PM
I think they should take O-line with the first 9 picks.

timsatt1
12-17-2007, 10:31 PM

yes, first and foremost, address the O line.

then special teams.

then a few defensive positions. new cornerbacks.

i think after those things are addressed, we can compete with any team except the cowboys, patriots, and jaguars.

anaeelbackwards
12-17-2007, 10:32 PM
agreed. o-line across the board. :drunkhb:

what are we gonna do with our kicker situation?

timsatt1
12-17-2007, 10:39 PM
agreed. o-line across the board. :drunkhb:

what are we gonna do with our kicker situation?

Hermhater can probably put it in between the poles. we will give him a try. if not him, then canada.

timsatt1
12-17-2007, 10:40 PM
hillbilly, i see you are viewing this thread. i will speak for you. Draft a quarterback. :)

Coach
12-17-2007, 11:21 PM
Here's a mock draft updated as of yesterday.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

The big question is whether STL would take OT with that pick. They also have many needs.

mxpxHERO
12-17-2007, 11:26 PM
my memory needs refreshed

why are the pats with the 2nd pick?

Chiefster
12-17-2007, 11:28 PM

Yep! :D

Coach
12-17-2007, 11:37 PM
my memory needs refreshed

why are the pats with the 2nd pick?

San Fran traded their 2008 1st rd pick to New England to acquire New England's 1st round 2007 pick. San Fran took Joe Staley with that pick.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/12/03/SPTTTN3R3.DTL

drstandley31
12-17-2007, 11:47 PM
We trade all those pic's for a coach. Herm ball, I've had enough. what difference does it make who we get, he'll ruin them. Look what he's done with the stars we have. Why would I wish that on anybody.

Coach
12-17-2007, 11:55 PM
We trade all those pic's for a coach. Herm ball, I've had enough. what difference does it make who we get, he'll ruin them. Look what he's done with the stars we have. Why would I wish that on anybody.

First of all, congrats on your first post.

Let me assure you that you are not the only person on this board that is frustrated with Hermie.

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 12:37 AM

Let me assure you that you are not the only person on this board that is frustrated with Hermie.

Yup! Welcome aboard! :)

chief31
12-18-2007, 02:14 AM
Here's a mock draft updated as of yesterday.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

The big question is whether STL would take OT with that pick. They also have many needs.

I believe they will be looking to replace Orlando Pace, who has been injured for almost two entire seasons now.

Guru
12-18-2007, 03:00 AM

Wait a minute. Herm is our savior. He is taking us to the promised land. :D

chief31
12-18-2007, 03:03 AM
Well, if the promised land has Jake Longs name on it, then that might not be so bad. :D

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 03:05 AM
Wait a minute. Herm is our savior. He is taking us to the promised land. :D

If by promise land you mean straight down the toilet then I agree. :lol:

Guru
12-18-2007, 03:08 AM

Well, it is Herm. That makes your post extremely valid.

chief31
12-18-2007, 03:10 AM

One of the very few... :D

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 03:22 AM

One of the very few... :D

:lol::lol:

I do what I can. :D

prough91
12-18-2007, 06:44 AM
Well, if the promised land has Jake Longs name on it, then that might not be so bad. :D

I don't think I ever want to go to church with you guys.

Guru
12-18-2007, 06:47 AM
OK. Now THAT was funny!!!!:lol:

chief31
12-18-2007, 07:54 AM

You'd get lost going to church with me. I wouldn't even know how to find one. :D

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 10:28 AM
hillbilly, i see you are viewing this thread. i will speak for you. Draft a quarterback. :)
Honestly, I'm not sure right now who will be available but I would prefer to get a veteren FA if the right guy were out there. Of course this is after we address the O line and some help in the secondary.

greg3564
12-18-2007, 10:33 AM
Honestly, I'm not sure right now who will be available but I would prefer to get a veteren FA if the right guy were out there.

Why? This team will not even be close to playoff contention for a few years. Draft some offensive line players and use FA there too. But why spend good money in FA on a QB that can accomplish nothing and will be washed up or close to it when this team is finally ready for serious playoff football. Give Broyle a chance people. Jeez, the guys played how many games? And you've already given up?

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Why? This team will not even be close to playoff contention for a few years. Draft some offensive line players and use FA there too. But why spend good money in FA on a QB that can accomplish nothing and will be washed up or close to it when this team is finally ready for serious playoff football. Give Broyle a chance people. Jeez, the guys played how many games? And you've already given up?
If he's going to be the guy, he needs someone to walk him through things. Someone who has had some success. Not Damon Fricken Huard for gods sake!!! Obviously for the 100,000,000,000th time, we definetly need to address the O line above all!!

greg3564
12-18-2007, 11:14 AM
If he's going to be the guy, he needs someone to walk him through things. Someone who has had some success. Not Damon Fricken Huard for gods sake!!! Obviously for the 100,000,000,000th time, we definetly need to address the O line above all!!

Good point. But after we draft a bunch of players and get some free agents, how much money does that leave to get a QB? And a good one at that? Or even one who can teach anything? The QB market is thin and I'm not sure if anyone of quality will be available. Many other good young QB's have been able to grasp the game in a year or two of playing. But a year and a half holding the clipboard is the same as sitting home watching the game. I think the more he plays the better he'll get.

They probably will bring in a new backup, as Huard is worthless, but another veteran backup won't be a lot of help to Croyle. Printers should have been kept around as a backup, that was one of the dumbest things(well one of many) Peterson and Farmer have done.

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Good point. But after we draft a bunch of players and get some free agents, how much money does that leave to get a QB? And a good one at that? Or even one who can teach anything? The QB market is thin and I'm not sure if anyone of quality will be available. Many other good young QB's have been able to grasp the game in a year or two of playing. But a year and a half holding the clipboard is the same as sitting home watching the game. I think the more he plays the better he'll get.

They probably will bring in a new backup, as Huard is worthless, but another veteran backup won't be a lot of help to Croyle. Printers should have been kept around as a backup, that was one of the dumbest things(well one of many) Peterson and Farmer have done.
Veteran back ups are cheap. The two guys we are speaking of don't make hardly anything.

Garcia as a backup...'04.....$500,000
'05.....$800,000
'06.....$700,000
'07(starter) $2 million

Garrard '07 $1 million and change

Kurt Warner as a backup in '04 for the Giants only made $1 million.

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 03:38 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

nigeriannightmare
12-18-2007, 03:50 PM

No doubt about it they made a bunch...I know I said this before but Ray Farmer and Lamont Winstead knew that this was going to be a bad year and that the coaching staff would get a pass, talking about pissing off a season tix holder. I got them though I charged $180 gas tax for the drive to Indy and they would have paid, but better judgement told me to point out the humor in it all. Got off on a little tangent there, the Chiefs have the 2nd lowest payroll in the NFL, that's right 31 out of 32 so theoretically one would think that there is money for a QB.

prough91
12-18-2007, 03:54 PM
No doubt about it they made a bunch...I know I said this before but Ray Farmer and Lamont Winstead knew that this was going to be a bad year and that the coaching staff would get a pass, talking about pissing off a season tix holder. I got them though I charged $180 gas tax for the drive to Indy and they would have paid, but better judgement told me to point out the humor in it all. Got off on a little tangent there, the Chiefs have the 2nd lowest payroll in the NFL, that's right 31 out of 32 so theoretically one would think that there is money for a QB.Is that counting cap hits from players they released too? I'm not arguing, I just wondered.

nigeriannightmare
12-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Is that counting cap hits from players they released too? I'm not arguing, I just wondered.

No, we are taking hits against the slary cap (Trent Green/Pat Surtain-highest paid Chief) However, the Chiefs are still about $6 million under the cap, which I think will increase even more for next season. (room under the cap)

hermhater
12-18-2007, 04:36 PM
No, we are taking hits against the slary cap (Trent Green/Pat Surtain-highest paid Chief) However, the Chiefs are still about $6 million under the cap, which I think will increase even more for next season. (room under the cap)

I thought LJ was the highest paid Chiefs player?

nigeriannightmare
12-18-2007, 05:37 PM
I thought LJ was the highest paid Chiefs player?

I don't believe his salary will be added until next season. Surtain is getting over 7 million this season.

hermhater
12-18-2007, 05:39 PM
I don't believe his salary will be added until next season. Surtain is getting over 7 million this season.

And he is old and busted!

:mob:

nigeriannightmare
12-18-2007, 05:41 PM
And he is old and busted!

You ain't lied yet.....

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 06:43 PM
I know the cap is going up next year. Just not sure how much so that will mean even more money that they don't spend again!!! Maybe the fact that this season was one of the worst in franchise history will stun them into using ALL the cap room instead of 75% of it!!

hermhater
12-18-2007, 06:47 PM
I know the cap is going up next year. Just not sure how much so that will mean even more money that they don't spend again!!! Maybe the fact that this season was one of the worst in franchise history will stun them into using ALL the cap room instead of 75% of it!!

When the Chiefs don't use all of the cap, who gets the bonus?

Just wondering...

prough91
12-18-2007, 06:54 PM

The last updated salary cap I could find was from February 12 of this year. Chiefs were using 95% of it. If anyone could find a more updated list, please let me know.

nigeriannightmare
12-18-2007, 07:57 PM
The last updated salary cap I could find was from February 12 of this year. Chiefs were using 95% of it. If anyone could find a more updated list, please let me know.

95.4 percent to be exact, but that still leaves close to 5 million that could have been used....

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 08:01 PM
75% was an exaggeration. My point was that they always seem to leave somewhere between 5 and 8 million in their pocket. The never spend it all! It's not like they save it to re up guys in the middle of the season. They just pocket it.

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 08:03 PM
When the Chiefs don't use all of the cap, who gets the bonus?

Just wondering...

I don't think anyone gets a bonus. I think it just stays in the owners account. At any rate, the bonus should have turned into a dock in pay this season!!!!!!!!

prough91
12-18-2007, 08:22 PM
95.4 percent to be exact, but that still leaves close to 5 million that could have been used....

I couldn't help but notice that of the 8 or so teams that had spent more than the Chiefs, the only one I would consider a top tier team was the Colts.

nigeriannightmare
12-18-2007, 08:57 PM
I couldn't help but notice that of the 8 or so teams that had spent more than the Chiefs, the only one I would consider a top tier team was the Colts.

That said. we were still around 12 million under the cap going into free agency, and spent it on MacIntosh, Edwards, and Harris...oh yeah and Eddie fuking Drummond!!!! If I am incorrect in my analysis please enlighten me!

prough91
12-18-2007, 11:50 PM
That said. we were still around 12 million under the cap going into free agency, and spent it on MacIntosh, Edwards, and Harris...oh yeah and Eddie fuking Drummond!!!! If I am incorrect in my analysis please enlighten me!

Like I said, I only found the one deal. I didn't think Edwards was too bad a pick up, the rest pretty much sucked though.

timsatt1
12-18-2007, 11:53 PM
Like I said, I only found the one deal. I didn't think Edwards was too bad a pick up, the rest pretty much sucked though.

Why won't any body listen to me? I am being totally seriel with you guys, but you just won't listen. Why can't I be cool? I wanna be cool guys. Could you please just pretend like I am a grown-up? I need to feel important. You guys are hurting my feelings.

prough91
12-18-2007, 11:54 PM
which edwards? herm edwards???????????? :mob:

Donnie

texaschief
12-19-2007, 12:41 AM
Previously posted, but relevant to this thread:

The following are players the Chiefs should be looking at during the offseason.
Free Agents:

Max Starks, OT UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
Starks is young and massive. He’s 25 and is listed at 6’7” while weighing 337 pounds. His size and age will make him a desired player on many team’s list. A top tier tackle will always garner interest and Starks may lead the free agent class at the spot because of the high level of play he has shown on the field.

Alan Faneca, OG UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers
Faneca seems to be the most likely of this group to leave his current team. Rumors suggest that he plans on leaving after the season and has not discussed an extension with the Steelers. Faneca is a quality guard who has started in five Pro Bowls and been selected as a first team All-Pro five times as well. He also still has some prime seasons of his career remaining. Faneca will receive the most interest at his position, could be the most coveted offensive linemen after the season, and should also be one of the most coveted players available in all of the NFL.

Travelle Wharton, OT UFA Carolina Panthers
A late third-round selection in 2004, Wharton has developed into a solid starting left tackle. He has been a key reason for the successes that the Panthers have had, and his absence last season was a key reason for the team’s struggles. Wharton’s rookie contract will expire at season’s end, and his value on the market should be fairly strong. A quality left tackle is hard to find, and team’s looking to bolster an offensive line will have to consider Wharton. Carolina will likely make every effort to work out an extension.

Jared Allen, DE UFA, Kansas City Chiefs
Allen’s sack total dropped in ’06, but he still posted 7.5 and raised his tackle total a good deal. He’ll be back in Kansas City for the upcoming season, but there’s a good chance that he’ll try the market out come next offseason. He’s just 25 years of age, and has shown that he is among the league’s best at his position. He’ll be a high priority for several teams once the signing period opens.

Asante Samuel, CB UFA, New England Patriots
Samuel is quickly becoming known as one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL, having posted a league-best ten interceptions last season. His interception total was impressive, but so was his ability to stick to receivers on a regular basis. In the first six games of the current season, he has three picks, and has kept up his strong play, continuing to shutdown receivers and helping the Patriots to an undefeated record to this point. If Samuel is not signed to an extension, he’ll command big dollars on the market, especially if he keeps the pace up.

descriptions found at http://footballsfuture.com

2008 DRAFT: These are the players the Chiefs could be lookin at in the draft.

1st RD-
Jake Long, OT Michigan-The best OT in the draft
Ryan Clady, OT Boise St.-The next best OT in the draft
Matt Ryan, QB Boston College-Could be too good to pass on
Sam Baker, OT USC-3rd best OT in the draft
Malcom Jenkins, CB Ohio St.-Best CB in the draft
Glenn Dorsey, DT Miami-Probably the best player in the draft.
Brian Brohm, QB Louisville-could be too good to pass on
Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas-could be too good to pass on

2nd RD-
Jeff Otah, OT Pittsburgh
Limus Sweed, WR Texas
Mario Manningham, WR Michigan
Quentin Groves, DE Auburn
Gosder Cherilus, OT Boston College

3rd RD-
Cheevis Jackson, CB LSU
Chad Henne, QB Michigan
Drew Radovich, G USC
Tashard Choice, RB GT
Eric Young, G Tennessee
Tracy Porter, CB Indiana

These are the players I as the GM for the Chiefs would be looking at, assuming they are still on the board when we pick (which, most will be).

Now that you've seen some of the "important" FA players and a few of the players who will be available in the draft, here's what i think the Chiefs could/should do.

Fire Carl Peterson as GM, keep him as the President of the organization.

Demote Mike Solari back to the O-line.

Free agents signees:

Jared Allen- I don't care if we have to use the franchise tag, you don't let a top tier DE go to free agency.

Asante Samuel- The Patriots have shown a reluctance to sign FAs to big contracts and would've probably already signed him to an extension if it was going to happen. The Chiefs need to bring in a CB at the top of his game at some point. Law and Surtain are too old to keep up THIS year, let alone NEXT year.

Alan Faneca- Could be a huge sign for the Chiefs' O-line. With the money we could save with Holmes leaving and the extra cap money we already have, these 4 FAs could be signed.

Max Starks- One of the best OTs in this year's FA class and he's only 25. His upside is huge and he'll keep getting better.

DRAFT-

1ST Rd- I'd love Jake Long, but Ryan Clady out of Boise St. is probably the one that will be on the board when the Chiefs pick. Also, don't be shocked if the Chiefs take a QB here if Brodie doesn't get back on the field and perform the rest of this season.

2nd Rd- Limus Sweed from Texas would be awesome if he fell this far because of his injury his Sr. year, but if it's WR the Chiefs are looking for at this point, Mario Manningham will probably have to be their guy. Personally, I think the Chiefs should take their second OL with Jeff Otah, the tackle from Pitt. (only if they can't sign Starks).

3rd Rd- Cheevis Jackson, CB from LSU would be a popular pick in KC but if we're bringing in 2 OTs with our first 2 picks, we might as well finish off our O-line with another young player in Drew Radovich, G USC. (only if we can't sign Faneca) But, CB would be great here. Another interesting name could be Chad Henne considering how Brodie does from here on out.

in a recap, the Chiefs would add:

Asante Samuel, CB
Max Starks, OT
Alan Faneca, OG
Ryan Clady, OT
Mario Manningham, WR
Cheevis Jackson, CB

So, the new O-line would be:

TE-Gonzo
OT-Starks
OG-Waters
C-Wiegman
OG-Faneca
OT-Clady
TE-Dunn

i think with adding another WR, 2 new CBs and i rebuilt O-line, our offense could take a big step forward next season, not to mention turn our defense from good to dominant.

Ok....rip it apart.

Canada
12-19-2007, 12:48 AM

Free Agents:

Starks is young and massive. He’s 25 and is listed at 6’7” while weighing 337 pounds. His size and age will make him a desired player on many team’s list. A top tier tackle will always garner interest and Starks may lead the free agent class at the spot because of the high level of play he has shown on the field.

Faneca seems to be the most likely of this group to leave his current team. Rumors suggest that he plans on leaving after the season and has not discussed an extension with the Steelers. Faneca is a quality guard who has started in five Pro Bowls and been selected as a first team All-Pro five times as well. He also still has some prime seasons of his career remaining. Faneca will receive the most interest at his position, could be the most coveted offensive linemen after the season, and should also be one of the most coveted players available in all of the NFL.

A late third-round selection in 2004, Wharton has developed into a solid starting left tackle. He has been a key reason for the successes that the Panthers have had, and his absence last season was a key reason for the team’s struggles. Wharton’s rookie contract will expire at season’s end, and his value on the market should be fairly strong. A quality left tackle is hard to find, and team’s looking to bolster an offensive line will have to consider Wharton. Carolina will likely make every effort to work out an extension.

Allen’s sack total dropped in ’06, but he still posted 7.5 and raised his tackle total a good deal. He’ll be back in Kansas City for the upcoming season, but there’s a good chance that he’ll try the market out come next offseason. He’s just 25 years of age, and has shown that he is among the league’s best at his position. He’ll be a high priority for several teams once the signing period opens.

Samuel is quickly becoming known as one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL, having posted a league-best ten interceptions last season. His interception total was impressive, but so was his ability to stick to receivers on a regular basis. In the first six games of the current season, he has three picks, and has kept up his strong play, continuing to shutdown receivers and helping the Patriots to an undefeated record to this point. If Samuel is not signed to an extension, he’ll command big dollars on the market, especially if he keeps the pace up.

1st RD-

2nd RD-
Jeff Otah, OT Pittsburgh
Limus Sweed, WR Texas

3rd RD-
Cheevis Jackson, CB LSU
Chad Henne, QB Michigan
Drew Radovich, G USC
Tashard Choice, RB GT
Eric Young, G Tennessee
Tracy Porter, CB Indiana

These are the players I as the GM for the Chiefs would be looking at, assuming they are still on the board when we pick (which, most will be).

Now that you've seen some of the "important" FA players and a few of the players who will be available in the draft, here's what i think the Chiefs could/should do.

Free agents signees:

Jared Allen- I don't care if we have to use the franchise tag, you don't let a top tier DE go to free agency.

Asante Samuel- The Patriots have shown a reluctance to sign FAs to big contracts and would've probably already signed him to an extension if it was going to happen. The Chiefs need to bring in a CB at the top of his game at some point. Law and Surtain are too old to keep up THIS year, let alone NEXT year.

Alan Faneca- Could be a huge sign for the Chiefs' O-line. With the money we could save with Holmes leaving and the extra cap money we already have, these 4 FAs could be signed.

Max Starks- One of the best OTs in this year's FA class and he's only 25. His upside is huge and he'll keep getting better.

DRAFT-

1ST Rd- I'd love Jake Long, but Ryan Clady out of Boise St. is probably the one that will be on the board when the Chiefs pick. Also, don't be shocked if the Chiefs take a QB here if Brodie doesn't get back on the field and perform the rest of this season.

2nd Rd- Limus Sweed from Texas would be awesome if he fell this far because of his injury his Sr. year, but if it's WR the Chiefs are looking for at this point, Mario Manningham will probably have to be their guy. Personally, I think the Chiefs should take their second OL with Jeff Otah, the tackle from Pitt. (only if they can't sign Starks).

3rd Rd- Cheevis Jackson, CB from LSU would be a popular pick in KC but if we're bringing in 2 OTs with our first 2 picks, we might as well finish off our O-line with another young player in Drew Radovich, G USC. (only if we can't sign Faneca) But, CB would be great here. Another interesting name could be Chad Henne considering how Brodie does from here on out.

Asante Samuel, CB
Max Starks, OT
Alan Faneca, OG
Ryan Clady, OT
Mario Manningham, WR
Cheevis Jackson, CB

TE-Gonzo
OT-Starks
OG-Waters
C-Wiegman
OG-Faneca
OT-Clady
TE-Dunn

i think with adding another WR, 2 new CBs and i rebuilt O-line, our offense could take a big step forward next season, not to mention turn our defense from good to dominant.

Ok....rip it apart.

I like it!! Plus I need poker money!!

hermhater
12-19-2007, 12:54 AM
I like it!! Plus I need poker money!!

Another lucky quote from the homo!

How you get those cards in Hold 'em is beyond me!

:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
12-19-2007, 01:44 AM

Free Agents:

1st RD-

2nd RD-
Jeff Otah, OT Pittsburgh
Limus Sweed, WR Texas

3rd RD-
Cheevis Jackson, CB LSU
Chad Henne, QB Michigan
Drew Radovich, G USC
Tashard Choice, RB GT
Eric Young, G Tennessee
Tracy Porter, CB Indiana

Free agents signees:

DRAFT-

Asante Samuel, CB
Max Starks, OT
Alan Faneca, OG
Ryan Clady, OT
Mario Manningham, WR
Cheevis Jackson, CB

TE-Gonzo
OT-Starks
OG-Waters
C-Wiegman
OG-Faneca
OT-Clady
TE-Dunn

Ok....rip it apart.

Delete this if u must....just gimme the money

nigeriannightmare
12-19-2007, 02:05 PM

i love Donnie, but MacIntosh he doesn't warrant the 8 million dollar contract he got. Anyone know why we didn't make a play on Petigout. He left the Giant for the bucs and i think he was signed after Macintosh did.

Canada
12-19-2007, 06:20 PM
i love Donnie, but MacIntosh he doesn't warrant the 8 million dollar contract he got. Anyone know why we didn't make a play on Petigout. He left the Giant for the bucs and i think he was signed after Macintosh did.

I don't know but didn't he get hurt halfway through the season. Dodged a bullet I guess!!

Chiefster
12-19-2007, 06:22 PM
I don't know but didn't he get hurt halfway through the season. Dodged a bullet I guess!!

He really must be super man.

hermhater
12-19-2007, 06:38 PM

Yeah back in October.

He would probably still be able to pass block better than Macintosh, with one knee!

:lol:

Canada
12-19-2007, 07:28 PM
He really must be super man.

Yeah back in October.

He would probably still be able to pass block better than Macintosh, with one knee!

:lol: :bananen_smilies046:

Coach
12-20-2007, 09:41 PM
DRAFT-

Asante Samuel, CB
Max Starks, OT
Alan Faneca, OG
Ryan Clady, OT
Mario Manningham, WR
Cheevis Jackson, CB

TE-Gonzo
OT-Starks
OG-Waters
C-Wiegman
OG-Faneca
OT-Clady
TE-Dunn

Ok....rip it apart.

I like your newly rebuilt line. I also agree that if Manningham is still there in the 2nd rd, we need to take a loop at him. He's got some talent. I don't know much about Alex Starks though.

Pro_Angler
12-27-2007, 09:00 PM
ok ALMOST CRUNCH TIME.. lOOKS LIKE MAYBE 4 PICK FIRST ROUND?

hermhater
12-27-2007, 09:15 PM
ok ALMOST CRUNCH TIME.. lOOKS LIKE MAYBE 4 PICK FIRST ROUND?

Where'd you get that info from?

I would love to know.

texaschief
12-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Any idea what it would take to bring in Quinn Gray from the Jags? Perhaps a combonation of draft picks? The guy has been in the league for a couple years now and seems to be cut in the early Leftwitch, Garrard mold.

He doesn't look too bad. Could give Brodie a run for his money during the spring and end any discussion of drafting a QB early. Gray looked great last season in their finale against the Chiefs. He almost brought that team back to beat us. The Jags look pretty content with Garrard as the starter.

Just a thought.

Northcountry68
12-30-2007, 04:08 PM
A key for the chiefs to win more than four games is to rebuild the Oline by adding solid hogmolly's through the draft or free agency preferably the draft that was they could may get a guy like will shields who had a solid long career in KC. Also the cheifs need to add solid corners, although law and surtain were good in there day they are now old.

luv
12-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Punt returner, QB, O-linemen, WR, RB......

hermhater
12-30-2007, 08:58 PM
A key for the chiefs to win more than four games is to rebuild the Oline by adding solid hogmolly's through the draft or free agency preferably the draft that was they could may get a guy like will shields who had a solid long career in KC. Also the cheifs need to add solid corners, although law and surtain were good in there day they are now old.

Not sure what a hogmolly is, but if it is a guy like Shields then let's do it!

Northcountry68
12-31-2007, 04:17 PM
Hermhater, a hogmolly is a big ole s.o.b. who plays angry while his gut hangs over his belt and he kicks butt and takes names!

hermhater
01-01-2008, 03:40 AM
Hermhater, a hogmolly is a big ole s.o.b. who plays angry while his gut hangs over his belt and he kicks butt and takes names!

Then let's get 'em!

I want some O linemen that push people around and make fun of them!!!!

The Chiefs need to get that swagger back, and an improved O line will do it!

Northcountry68
01-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Kyle turley used to be a hogmolly with new orleans to bad he never brought that to KC. Waters is still a solid lineman but the tackle spot is huge. I don't care who the quarterback is they aren't going to do anything when they have to pick themselves up off the grass after every pass play.

prough91
01-01-2008, 11:11 PM
If we can wait, here's the Chiefs new left tackle in 2008! Hey that rhymed, no biggie, I do it all the time. Again? I was a poet and didn't know it.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/5.jpg

hermhater
01-01-2008, 11:21 PM
If we can wait, here's the Chiefs new left tackle in 2008! Hey that rhymed, no biggie, I do it all the time. Again? I was a poet and didn't know it.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/5.jpg

But your feet did, because they sure are Longfellows!

tammietailgator
01-01-2008, 11:21 PM
rep for having such a cute kid!!!!

prough91
01-01-2008, 11:23 PM
But your feet did, because they sure are Longfellows!

Ouch, that was almost as bad as me bustin' a rhyme.

prough91
01-01-2008, 11:25 PM
rep for having such a cute kid!!!!

Funny story, my wife went to the doctor to get an appointment to get her tubes tied. They did a pregnancy test and guess what?

McLovin
01-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Agreed on having a cute kid, good job lol.

tammietailgator
01-01-2008, 11:30 PM
I had just had my baby girl.... went snowboarding 2x while unknowingly pregnant with this little guy - fell hard a few times, surprised he made it! but he is worth it.

hermhater
01-01-2008, 11:33 PM
You guys are some randy Chiefs fans!

Babies all over the place!

prough91
01-01-2008, 11:34 PM
You guys are some randy Chiefs fans!

Babies all over the place!

What else do we have to do during the playoffs?

McLovin
01-01-2008, 11:35 PM
What else do we have to do during the playoffs?
With Hermie as coach NOTHING.

prough91
01-01-2008, 11:37 PM
With Hermie as coach NOTHING.

No doubt, and it's getting harder to fill my time since I quit drinkin.

hermhater
01-01-2008, 11:41 PM
No doubt, and it's getting harder to fill my time since I quit drinkin.

I tried that today, and it didn't stick.

I guess I will try again in a few more days!

Wish me luck! :D

prough91
01-01-2008, 11:43 PM
I tried that today, and it didn't stick.

I guess I will try again in a few more days!

Wish me luck! :D

What, when you sober up?

:yahoo:

McLovin
01-02-2008, 12:30 AM
What, when you sober up?

Nope when he runs out of money.

KUHAWKS
01-02-2008, 12:32 AM

i think there is some sort of mathematical equation to when HermHater does sober up.

Hermhater sobering up is directly related to Hermhater running out of money.

Hermhater sober = hermhater with no money

hermhater drunk = havent spent all my paycheck yet

hermhater
01-02-2008, 12:33 AM
What, when you sober up?

I am sober now dude. (Haven't hit the last 6 beers yet!)

No I have decided that Thursday is my New Years and will try again then!

hermhater
01-02-2008, 12:35 AM
i think there is some sort of mathematical equation to when HermHater does sober up.

Hermhater sobering up is directly related to Hermhater running out of money.

Hermhater sober = hermhater with no money

hermhater drunk = havent spent all my paycheck yet

I drink Natty Light, so money is less of a problem than you would think.

If I run out of money I go to m0ef0es and drink his beer!

prough91
01-02-2008, 12:36 AM

H-squared will never be broke. Do you have any idea how much cat whisperers make?

hermhater
01-02-2008, 02:49 AM
H-squared will never be broke. Do you have any idea how much cat whisperers make?

I have that effect on all animals.

My GF has a scarf that is 70% rabbit hair.

I have never pet an elephant before.

I'm pretty sure they are smarter than me...

Canada
01-02-2008, 11:10 AM
I am gonna quit drinkin too!

Canada
01-02-2008, 11:10 AM
OK.....I don't like it :beer:

rbedgood
01-03-2008, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't work too hard to get Q Gray. He is athletic and can scramble, but he's not a very good passer. The Chiefs, need to focus their energy on 2-3 offensive linemen (2 in the draft and 1 in FA) and then focus on the defensive side of the ball (DBs and a big DT)