PDA

View Full Version : Wierd fact for the week

prough91
12-18-2007, 08:04 AM
Just heard this on Sportscenter. Brett Favre has thrown the equivalent of 11.6 miles.

Brodie Croyle is just 11.4 miles behind him.

On a side note, looked at the Mitchell Report last night and McGwire is not linked with any illegal steroids in any way. Time to put him in the hall.

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Just heard this on Sportscenter. Brett Favre has thrown the equivalent of 11.6 miles.

On a side note, looked at the Mitchell Report last night and McGwire is not linked with any illegal steroids in any way. Time to put him in the hall.
LOL!!! Have you seen McGuire lately? He looks like a shriveled up old man. I bet he doesn't way 190 pounds. Looks almost sick.

prough91
12-18-2007, 11:38 AM
LOL!!! Have you seen McGuire lately? He looks like a shriveled up old man. I bet he doesn't way 190 pounds. Looks almost sick.

McGwire never did steroids. He was big, but there was a pic in magazine one time at a beach with his shirt off. He was not cut at all. He was just a big man with big arms.

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 11:57 AM
McGwire never did steroids. He was big, but there was a pic in magazine one time at a beach with his shirt off. He was not cut at all. He was just a big man with big arms.
Are you actually saying you don't think he did steroids?

prough91
12-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Are you actually saying you don't think he did steroids?

Hell no, Look at him over the years, he didn't blow up suddenly like Bonds or Giambi, he slowly got bigger. That's just lifting weights.

hermhater
12-18-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm gonna say he took 'em, just was smarter about it than idiots buying them from some one in the locker room.

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Hell no, Look at him over the years, he didn't blow up suddenly like Bonds or Giambi, he slowly got bigger. That's just lifting weights.
WOW!!!! I bet congrees would disagree with you along with 99% of the world!!!! "I'm not here to talk about the past, I'm here to talk about the future"!!!

prough91
12-18-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm gonna say he took 'em, just was smarter about it than idiots buying them from some one in the locker room.

What pisses me off is when he showed up at the Senate hearings the media ripped him because he was smaller and didn't talk well before the Senate. Now, the Mitchell Report is out and his name is not even mentioned, except for referring about the andro, which was legal at the time, and now the media isn't saying a word about that. Heck, I was even taking andro. Should I quit posting because it might have given me an edge with more finger strength and stamina?

hermhater
12-18-2007, 12:44 PM
What pisses me off is when he showed up at the Senate hearings the media ripped him because he was smaller and didn't talk well before the Senate. Now, the Mitchell Report is out and his name is not even mentioned, except for referring about the andro, which was legal at the time, and now the media isn't saying a word about that. Heck, I was even taking andro. Should I quit posting because it might have given me an edge with more finger strength and stamina?

I don't really care what baseball players do, I'm sick of what is happening with the Royals.

There is no parity in Baseball and I'm not going to root for some bigger market because they are successful.

If he took them than fine, so were all the pitchers, it leveled the field.

Until the Royals have a .500 season, I won't even pay attention to that sissy sport!

:lol:

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 12:44 PM
The Mitchell report only verified what everyone already knew. Grimsley coming out was what outed everyone. Actually, Canseco's book is what did it! That dude looks pretty right at this point! There will be soooooo many other names to come out on this it isn't even funny!

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 12:46 PM

Time to put Pete Rose in to.

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 12:46 PM
I don't really care what baseball players do, I'm sick of what is happening with the Royals.

There is no parity in Baseball and I'm not going to root for some bigger market because they are successful.

Until the Royals have a .500 season, I won't even pay attention to that sissy sport!

I definetly watch baseball but I do think they HAVE TO HAVE a salary cap like every other sport!!! Not that money buy championships but if there were a cap, other teams would have a chance at landing some bigtime free agents.

prough91
12-18-2007, 12:47 PM

Agreed, he did bet on his own team, but he always bet that they'd win. Big deal. Oh, and they need to put in "Shoeless" Joe Johnson too. He had a hell of a series in 1918. Can't find any way that he tried to throw the series.

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 12:47 PM
I personally think Pete Rose should go in long before McGuire ever does!!! Niether of them ever will though!

prough91
12-18-2007, 12:49 PM
WOW!!!! I bet congrees would disagree with you along with 99% of the world!!!! "I'm not here to talk about the past, I'm here to talk about the future"!!!

It's not my fault congress and 99% of the world is wrong.

prough91
12-18-2007, 12:51 PM

Wow, tough talk from a man that owns what? Fifteen cats?

:drunkhb::beer:

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 12:52 PM
It's not my fault congress and 99% of the world is wrong.
:funnypost: :lol:

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Agreed, he did bet on his own team, but he always bet that they'd win. Big deal. Oh, and they need to put in "Shoeless" Joe Johnson too. He had a hell of a series in 1918. Can't find any way that he tried to throw the series.

I personally think Pete Rose should go in long before McGuire ever does!!! Niether of them ever will though!

Yup! Their moral compass is so screwed up I'm surprised they can find their way out to the front door.

hermhater
12-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Wow, tough talk from a man that owns what? Fifteen cats?

:drunkhb::beer:

Well I have had well over 100 in my lifetime, but right now it is only 4.

One of them is 20 and probably doesn't have that much time left, but I raised her with an eyedropper feeding her milk.

I am all she has ever known.

The other cats are my GF's and are kind of *****es!

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Well I have had well over 100 in my lifetime, but right now it is only 4.

One of them is 20 and probably doesn't have that much time left, but I raised her with an eyedropper feeding her milk.

I am all she has ever known.

The other cats are my GF's and are kind of *****es!

inaccurate; "*****es" are dogs not cats. :p

hermhater
12-18-2007, 01:24 PM
inaccurate; "*****es" are dogs not cats. :p

OK, then those cats of hers are catty!

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 01:30 PM
OK, then those cats of hers are catty!

Better! :D

timsatt1
12-18-2007, 10:44 PM

from what mark mcgwire looked like coming into the league to what he looked like at the end of his career, that hardly looks like it could be "natural." im not saying he did steroids, but i sure am not gonna believe for sure that he didnt.

....but either way, whether he did em or not....i dont care! let em take steroids!

prough91
12-18-2007, 11:14 PM
from what mark mcgwire looked like coming into the league to what he looked like at the end of his career, that hardly looks like it could be "natural." im not saying he did steroids, but i sure am not gonna believe for sure that he didnt.

....but either way, whether he did em or not....i dont care! let em take steroids!

If you look back year after year he got bigger gradually which could be explained by regular weight lifting as well as better legal supplements. I could never for sure say he never took steroids, I just don't personally think he did. Even if he did, his home run totals didn't jump up suddenly, he could always mash it from day one.

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 11:24 PM
If you look back year after year he got bigger gradually which could be explained by regular weight lifting as well as better legal supplements. I could never for sure say he never took steroids, I just don't personally think he did. Even if he did, his home run totals didn't jump up suddenly, he could always mash it from day one.
Day one??? Really? He had 3 bombs his first year! Went up from year 2 and beyond.

prough91
12-18-2007, 11:40 PM
Day one??? Really? He had 3 bombs his first year! Went up from year 2 and beyond.

He only played in 18 games his first year. Stats, dammit, they're all over the internet. Which would project to 27 home runs over a season, not too shabby for a rookie.

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 11:42 PM
He only played in 18 games his first year. Stats, dammit, they're all over the internet. Which would project to 27 home runs over a season, not too shabby for a rookie.
Projections now huh? Just going by what you said.

prough91
12-18-2007, 11:47 PM

Sports analysts use projections all the time. He had 3 in 18 games, that was a HR every six games. That's not too bad for any kid called up.

chief31
12-19-2007, 07:30 AM

Rose bet on his team when he thought they would win. He didn't bet on them when he though they were going to lose.... Might as well have bet against them. Knowing that Pete wasn't betting on them, gave his bookies an idea that Pete may not coach as well, or that he had some inside information. He may as well have bet against them in that case.

Having said that, I don't care what he did as a manager. He belongs in the HOF for his playing career. So does Mark Mcguire.

Well, seriously, some guys have zero home runs in a season, (Because they only had one at-bat) then hit twenty, the following year. You can't compare a season that a guy played 18 games in, to a season that he played 160 games in, without projections.

I mean you can... But noone is going to bother listening to that, because it is the same as saying that since he didn't score an touchdowns in his rookie season, that something is up, because he hit twelve home runs in his second season.

McLovin
12-20-2007, 12:28 AM

If your only going to cheer for the Royals then you might wanna look into figure skating or something, because the Royals are the next Cubs in 70 years they will still be saying I remember when the Royals were good.
As far as the big market thing, StL is not much bigger then KC but usually has a playoff caliber team, as far as parity in the past 10 years the MLB has had 9 different winners of the World Series with only Boston (who hadn't won in a long time) winning twice. The NFL in the same period has had 7 with Denver winning 2 times and NE winning 3 times, likely this year the Super Bowl winner will be a past winner from recent years (Indy or NE).

If you really want to watch baseball HH why dont you pick a real team like StL.

BTW Big Mac (McGuire) should absolutely be in the Hall.

hermhater
12-20-2007, 12:42 AM
If your only going to cheer for the Royals then you might wanna look into figure skating or something, because the Royals are the next Cubs in 70 years they will still be saying I remember when the Royals were good.
As far as the big market thing, StL is not much bigger then KC but usually has a playoff caliber team, as far as parity in the past 10 years the MLB has had 9 different winners of the World Series with only Boston (who hadn't won in a long time) winning twice.

If you had added five more years to that then I think the Yankess won 4 in a row, or 4 out of 5...

That changes your stats quite a bit..

The NFL in the same period has had 7 with Denver winning 2 times and NE winning 3 times, likely this year the Super Bowl winner will be a past winner from recent years (Indy or NE).

You're probably right there guy, no arguement there! In the NFL it is up to getting the BEST TALENT and building it... You can't just buy it from somewhere else!

If you really want to watch baseball HHwhy dont you pick a real team like StL.

I don't want to watch baseball because it bores me 8/9ths of the time...

BTW Big Mac (McGuire) should absolutely be in the Hall.

Sure, fine with me guy.

Let them all in, they all cheated.

Babe Ruth used performance enhancing broads, hot dogs, and beer...

During the game!!!

Chiefster
12-20-2007, 12:49 AM
Sure, fine with me guy.

During the game!!!

Strike him out of the HOF!!!!! :p

McLovin
12-20-2007, 12:53 AM
Sure, fine with me guy.

During the game!!!

Actually I went to 2000 then jumped to 89 not 99 so my facts are off, I see where NY won it 3 times in the last 10 years, although since the strike I haven't watched baseball and could care less about it.

The one thing I do know though is the last time I was in KC the Royals were in the middle of a long long losing skid and the fans were actually cheering for more losses so that they would hold the record. I lived in KC in 1990 and I don't think that the Royals had any fans then, and they haven't made it to the World Series since. plain and simple Royals suck.

Now lets get back to how great my Chiefs are, bad year and all the Chiefs are still the best and are only a couple small pieces away from the Super Bowl.

Chiefster
12-20-2007, 01:00 AM
Actually I went to 2000 then jumped to 89 not 99 so my facts are off, I see where NY won it 3 times in the last 10 years, although since the strike I haven't watched baseball and could care less about it.

The one thing I do know though is the last time I was in KC the Royals were in the middle of a long long losing skid and the fans were actually cheering for more losses so that they would hold the record. I lived in KC in 1990 and I don't think that the Royals had any fans then, and they haven't made it to the World Series since. plain and simple Royals suck.

Now lets get back to how great my Chiefs are, bad year and all the Chiefs are still the best and are only a couple small pieces away from the Super Bowl.

I'm with ya there bud.

hermhater
12-20-2007, 01:07 AM

I think the Chiefs are a left and right O tackle, fullback, nose tackle (still called that?), and 2 corners away from winning the SB.

And not having the worst decision maker in the NFL as the Chiefs head coach...

The man clipped his toenails on camera for Hard Knocks for gods sake.

McLovin
12-20-2007, 01:15 AM
I think the Chiefs are a left and right O tackle, fullback, nose tackle (still called that?), and 2 corners away from winning the SB.

Agreed on the Hermie thingy, but even though we are missing a fair amount of pieces, we can still win the Super Bowl with just a portion of those needs addressed.

chief31
12-20-2007, 02:24 AM

Agreed on the Hermie thingy, but even though we are missing a fair amount of pieces, we can still win the Super Bowl with just a portion of those needs addressed.

I would actually have to add some things, before I would expect a Super Bowl appearance. At least a OG and some depth all-around.

hermhater
12-20-2007, 02:37 AM
I would actually have to add some things, before I would expect a Super Bowl appearance. At least a OG and some depth all-around.

That is the only other thing I forgot (in my opinion).

I don't know what the situation with our center(s) is right now, but it is looking like Herm is gonna get rid of everyone.

Expect everyone besides Brodie, LJ, and JA next year.

TG and all the rest are going to be gone.

Herm thinks he can build a team from scratch by getting rid of Pro Bowlers.

Chiefster
12-20-2007, 02:42 AM

Glad I missed that...