PDA

View Full Version : Herm Apologizes

prough91
12-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Herm just apologized in his press conference to the fans that misunderstood him.

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Well we all knew he was sorry.

hermhater
12-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Misunderstood what?

His disregard for the people that pay his salary?

prough91
12-18-2007, 01:33 PM
Misunderstood what?

His disregard for the people that pay his salary?

Actually, he mentioned you by name and thanked you for your contribution. You can quit hating him now.

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Actually, he mentioned you by name and thanked you for your contribution. You can quit hating him now.

HA! :lol:

Not likely.

hermhater
12-18-2007, 01:40 PM

I turned the press conference on with about 10 minutes left in it.

The website went down so I couldn't respond, but he was comparing himself to a weatherman???

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 01:44 PM
I turned the press conference on with about 10 minutes left in it.

The website went down so I couldn't respond, but he was comparing himself to a weatherman???

Heh! :lol:

hermhater
12-18-2007, 01:45 PM
Heh! :lol:

Chiefster I wish you would go and get a photobucket account!!!

I can't quote you with your pics in my reply!!!

Very funny stuff though!

:lol:

prough91
12-18-2007, 01:47 PM

Very funny stuff though!

Couldn't you put his pics in your photobucket account and repost them that way?

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 01:52 PM

Very funny stuff though!

Meh, I use imageshack; anyway it's just simpler to do it like this. I'm lazy. :lol:

hermhater
12-18-2007, 01:53 PM

I guess that would work.

Chiefster has so many posts though, my photobucket account would go over the bandwidth limit!

j/k

Good idea!

(Since Chiefster knows that the more you know, the more is expected of you!)

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 01:53 PM

Heh; he's almost as lazy as I am. :lol:
j/k

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 01:54 PM
I guess that would work.

Chiefster has so many posts though, my photobucket account would go over the bandwidth limit!

j/k

Good idea!

(Since Chiefster knows that the more you know, the more is expected of you!)

Exactly!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

hermhater
12-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Wow the cable guy has finally freakin' showed up.

2 weeks and he comes and tells me my signal is horrible coming from outside the apartment.

I have been telling them that over the phone the entire time.

I hate Comcast!!!

prough91
12-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Do either of you know of somewhere online you can go to resize pics? Like from 1 mb to 500 kb, you know, make them smaller memory wise I guess?

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 01:56 PM
Do either of you know of somewhere online you can go to resize pics? Like from 1 mb to 500 kb, you know, make them smaller memory wise I guess?

Send it to me via e-mal and I'll do it for and send it back to ya. :)

hermhater
12-18-2007, 01:57 PM

You can do it with MS Paint.

Click on Image > Stretch Skew.

Then put 50% in both horizontal and vertical dimensions!

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 01:59 PM

Yup. I have a photo program that does that quite nicely as well.

prough91
12-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Send it to me via e-mal and I'll do it for and send it back to ya. :)

Thanks for the offer man, but I've got tons and I really doubt you want to spend all your free time doing that. lol
:drunkhb:

Oh yeah, has anyone else been having periodic problems with this site?

prough91
12-18-2007, 02:04 PM

Do I have MS paint? I'm about totally computer ignorant. See, tim? That's how ignorant is used.

hermhater
12-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Do I have MS paint? I'm about totally computer ignorant. See, tim? That's how ignorant is used.

Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint.

Or you could just right click on the picture you want to resize and then left click "Edit" and it should open it up in Paint!

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 02:10 PM

Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint.

Or you could just right click on the picture you want to resize and then left click "Edit" and it should open it up in Paint!

What operating system do you use?

hermhater
12-18-2007, 02:14 PM
I am assuming he has Windows XP.

Paint is included in every operating system from Windows 95 all the way to Vista.

So unless he has Vista (which I doubt) the instructions are pretty much the same for all OS'es!

Comcast fixed my problem, I have my NFL network back!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!

It only took 2 weeks, 2 different cable boxes and about 1,000 hours of missed programming!

greg3564
12-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Herm states "The way the fans took it, in my opinion, was probably wrong" followed by "If it was misinterpreted, I apologize." Wow, a real heart felt apology there Herm. I'm not sure how I misinterpreted "Get over it."

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 02:16 PM
I am assuming he has Windows XP.

Paint is included in every operating system from Windows 95 all the way to Vista.

So unless he has Vista (which I doubt) the instructions are pretty much the same for all OS'es!

Comcast fixed my problem, I have my NFL network back!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!

It only took 2 weeks, 2 different cable boxes and about 1,000 hours of missed programming!

Unless he runs Lenux; which is also doubtful..

hermhater
12-18-2007, 02:24 PM
Unless he runs Lenux; which is also doubtful..

If he is running Linux then he can use the Gimp to edit his pictures!

The Gimp is harder than hell to get used to.

I wouldn't be able to explain that easily.

Photobucket has the ability to resize photos to Avatar size (100 x 75 pixels) or Thumbnail (160 x 120 pixels).

I would use Paint, or whatever program Chiefster is using.

There are other free ones out there to download and I hear you can just right click on the picture and choose a percentage or something like that.

Guru
12-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Talk about getting off topic fast.

hermhater
12-18-2007, 02:34 PM

I have been embarrassed and insulted all friggin' year by Herms comments and job performance.

I don't really have much to say about him wanting to make the fans feel better at this point.

He apologized because Carl told him that Clark wasn't happy with that comment or this weeks fan turnout at Arrowhead.

prough91
12-18-2007, 02:42 PM
What operating system do you use?

I have 2000, but if I right click on a picture it always opens it up in Kodak easyshare.

prough91
12-18-2007, 02:44 PM

Herm sucks. Better?

hermhater
12-18-2007, 02:47 PM
I have 2000, but if I right click on a picture it always opens it up in Kodak easyshare.

Then use Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint.

Then click File > Open > (browse for you picture) then edit it.

There is a way to change it in Kodak Easy Share but I don't remember how, and I don't use it anymore.

nigeriannightmare
12-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Herm states "The way the fans took it, in my opinion, was probably wrong" followed by "If it was misinterpreted, I apologize." Wow, a real heart felt apology there Herm. I'm not sure how I misinterpreted "Get over it."

He could care less what we as fans think, he knows his job is secure for at least one more season and this was upper managements way of handling damage control.
Thumbs up Clark and Carl it worked...if you believe that then Santa Claus will be here in a week!!!!!

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 03:04 PM

Par for the course around here dude! :D

prough91
12-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Is it our fault we have ADD?

Q. How many ADD kids does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A. Let's go ride bikes.

Before anyone gets their panties in a wad, my daughter has ADD so I can say that.

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Is it our fault we have ADD?

Q. How many ADD kids does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A. Let's go ride bikes.

Before anyone gets their panties in a wad, my daughter has ADD so I can say that.

Really; she can add??? :lol:
j/k

prough91
12-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Really; she can add??? :lol:
j/k

Sadly, no, she has ADD.

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Sadly, no, she has ADD.

I know bud; just making a small joke - very small.

I know a little of what you're going through I have two sons; one is LD and the other is BD.

prough91
12-18-2007, 03:27 PM
I know bud; just making a small joke - very small.

I know a little of what you're going through I have two sons; one is LD and the other is BD.

Oh, I know, ADD isn't that big a deal when you get the right medication. She even jokes about it. Come to think of it, she's the one that told me the joke.

Chiefster
12-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Oh, I know, ADD isn't that big a deal when you get the right medication. She even jokes about it. Come to think of it, she's the one that told me the joke.

:lol::lol::bananen_smilies046:

Hayvern
12-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Thought I would chime in on the image resizing thing. If you can get a copy of Photoshop LE or you know someone with Photoshop or Fireworks, you can actually record a script that will go through and update the size of every picture in a golder for you without having to actually visit each one.

I know those are a lot of ifs, and since we are talking about using Paint to change image sizes, then it does not bode well in someone having that on their system.

Just wanted to let you know.

hermhater
12-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Thought I would chime in on the image resizing thing. If you can get a copy of Photoshop LE or you know someone with Photoshop or Fireworks, you can actually record a script that will go through and update the size of every picture in a golder for you without having to actually visit each one.

I know those are a lot of ifs, and since we are talking about using Paint to change image sizes, then it does not bode well in someone having that on their system.

Just wanted to let you know.

This is an image resizer for Windows XP.

I don't have a windows 2000 machine running anymore, but you might give it a shot prough, and see if it works in 2000.

Simplest way I've found so far, and free!

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

I know it has been brought up by someone before, but it was before prough was back to the site.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/12/198.jpg

Just download and install the program (it is tiny) then right click on the picture you want to resize!

Good luck!

IlovetheChiefs
12-18-2007, 11:15 PM

Just like a politician's apology there, which is not really an apology. "I apologize if anyone was offended" ,"I regret if my remarks caused anyone to be offended", etc. I hate when the media calls these non-apologies "apologies". Statements like these are really saying, "I did and said nothing wrong. But if people took it incorrectly then I am sorry they didn't see that I was absolutely right."

Here's a funny exchange from "I Love Lucy":

Fred: "She said my mother looks like a weasel!"
Lucy: "Tell him you're sorry, Ethel."
Ethel: "Okay. I'm sorry your mother looks like a weasel!"

In the 50's everyone got the joke and realized Ethel did NOT apologize! But in today's world of non-apology apologies, the media would report: "Ethel apologizes to Fred" since she technically did say the words, "I'm sorry".

timsatt1
12-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Just like a politician's apology there, which is not really an apology. "I apologize if anyone was offended" ,"I regret if my remarks caused anyone to be offended", etc. I hate when the media calls these non-apologies "apologies". Statements like these are really saying, "I did and said nothing wrong. But if people took it incorrectly then I am sorry they didn't see that I was absolutely right."

Here's a funny exchange from "I Love Lucy":

Fred: "She said my mother looks like a weasel!"
Lucy: "Tell him you're sorry, Ethel."
Ethel: "Okay. I'm sorry your mother looks like a weasel!"

In the 50's everyone got the joke and realized Ethel did NOT apologize! But in today's world of non-apology apologies, the media would report: "Ethel apologizes to Fred" since she technically did say the words, "I'm sorry".

i agree ^^ that it was not an apology

however, in politics...the #1 rule (if you are a candidate running for office) is NEVER APOLIGIZE! that shows weakness.

IlovetheChiefs
12-18-2007, 11:25 PM
i agree ^^ that it was not an apology

however, in politics...the #1 rule (if you are a candidate running for office) is NEVER APOLIGIZE! that shows weakness.

But what I hate is how often the media will report, "Senator issues apology" only to find out it was not an apology at all. If politicians, celebrities, coaches, or whoever don't want to admit to being wrong, fine. But I hate the way the media lets them get away with their slippery rhetoric.

timsatt1
12-18-2007, 11:27 PM
But what I hate is how often the media will report, "Senator issues apology" only to find out it was not an apology at all. If politicians, celebrities, coaches, or whoever don't want to admit to being wrong, fine. But I hate the way the media lets them get away with their slippery rhetoric.

yes agreed again

and i dont like anything the media does for the most part anyways.

prough91
12-18-2007, 11:28 PM

I don't have a windows 2000 machine running anymore, but you might give it a shot prough, and see if it works in 2000.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

I know it has been brought up by someone before, but it was before prough was back to the site.

Just download and install the program (it is tiny) then right click on the picture you want to resize!

Good luck!

It didn't work for 2000, thanks though.

prough91
12-18-2007, 11:29 PM
A sincere apology can undo all kinds of harm.

hermhater
12-18-2007, 11:34 PM
Herm can suck it, and I don't apologize for saying it.

I hope I never have to hear his voice again, unless he is apologizing for ruining the Chiefs.

prough91
12-18-2007, 11:37 PM
Herm can suck it, and I don't apologize for saying it.

I hope I never have to hear his voice again, unless he is apologizing for ruining the Chiefs.

You'll hear his voice again in FOOTBALL HELL!

Hayvern
12-19-2007, 02:08 AM

Well it all depends on whether the reporter cares to be able to have the politician's ear again. What you are describing here is the reporter's politics that say, "Never piss off an interviewee that one day might have the power to detrimentally effect your future."

Of course, if you are a republican candidate, then no holds barred.

Guru
12-19-2007, 03:00 AM
Back on topic please. There is not enough Herm sucks going on here.

hermhater
12-19-2007, 03:25 AM
The Eagles Examiner, Week 11: Desperation Is a Rank Cologne (http://www.phillymag.com/blogs/philly/2007/11/19/the-eagles-examiner-week-11-desperation-is-a-rank-cologne/)

http://www.phillymag.com/blogs/philly/wp-content/uploads/Philly/1107DailyExaminer/mcnabblimpingjpg.jpgRemember, we have a new addition: Ciara Todd, our dutiful intern and resident Eagles fanatic, has graciously agreed to add her comments underneath our points. Disagree with her in the comments or at ctodd@phillymag.com. (ctodd@phillymag.com)
McNabb, tweaked again: Donovan McNabb kept up his annual streak of injuring himself in November, as he went down (http://www.pennlive.com/lehighvalley/index.ssf/2007/11/down_goes_donovan.html) in the second quarter with what the team is calling an ankle sprain. Before this sprain, McNabb was on pace for one of his worst days ever, racking up just 34 yards and two picks before he limped off the field. Just one week removed from a four-touchdown day against the Redskins, Five came out against what some would argue is the worst team in the league and looked flat. Balls were high, balls were wobbly, and the longest completions were to players on the other team. Backup quarterback and former Heather Mitts infiltrator (http://sportsbybrooks.com/aj-feeley-plays-field-on-heather-mitts-but-shes-ready-to-take-him-back-13156.php) A.J. Feeley came in to salvage the win, but it was Brian Westbrook who did most of the heavy lifting. Once again, the Eagles showcased a confusing game plan to only run the ball early and often — when McNabb isn’t behind center. Why? (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20071119_Rich_Hofmann___Macs_injuries___wounded_du cks_cloud_picture.html)

Ciara’s take: Here’s one theory of the “Andy Reid Playbook Philosophy”: There isn’t one. Face it, Andy loves McNabb and McNabb loves Andy. As long as the two are together, Andy will ensure that McNabb is used to the best of his ability. It’s that type of relationship. If you take a poll today, most teams would take McNabb over half the quarterbacks in the league. Also, the Kevin Kolb/A.J. Feeley talk should cease immediately (Angelo Cataldi, that would be you). There is no justifiable reason to put Kolb in there. If that’s not waving the white flag, what else is?
Brian Westbrook is God: If it wasn’t obvious, oh, the last two years that the Eagles offense begins and ends with Westbrook, yesterday didn’t prove otherwise. Westbrook had a career best 148 yards rushing (http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071119/SPORTS02/711190351/1002/SPORTS), zipping through the gaping holes provided by dominant-looking left side of the line all day. The Eagles offense is consistently less than mediocre without his contributions and, yet, still seems content to be pass-oriented. Westbrook’s career day comes off a week in which he practiced very little, thanks to a banged-up knee and probably a slew of other injuries to his 5′8″ frame. If McNabb’s not 100 percent the rest of the year (or even if he is), the Eagles would be better served keeping Westbrook out of practice if they want to hang onto that sliver of hope that they’re actually a playoff team this time.
Ciara’s take: Westbrook is this team. Point. Blank. Period. There’s nothing more you can say. We are a playoff team simply by the fact that the rest of the NFC sucks so bad.
Defense didn’t have to do that much: Yes, they came up with that big 4th-down stop. (http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/99-11192007-1443354.html) But, remember, this is still a Dolphins offense helmed by quarterback John Beck (first career start) and Jesse Chatman(backup running back), so let’s not start comparing them to the ‘85 Bears even in the deepest throes of mescaline-induced ruminations. The Eagles obviously missed defensive end Jevon “The Freak” Kearse yesterday. (Kidding. Just wanted to see if that sentence could be typed without without chuckling. The answer is “No.”)
Ciara’s take: This defense is all right. Whoever told Takeo Spikes that he should be the spokesperson for this defense needs to be slapped. Except his 21-tackle game last week, he’s been invisible. Also, this team does not tackle well. I know touch football teams that make better contact than we do.
The Patriots could possibly score 70 points next week: There was a point earlier in the year where this Sunday’s game against the New England Patriots actually seemed like it would be enjoyable. It still will be, if only to watch how quickly the world-beating Patriots will dispose of the hapless Eagles and prove once and for all that this team is pathetically ordinary. Honestly, if McNabb doesn’t play, the line on this game could be 22 points. If he does play, it could be 20. Forget about the notion that this is some sort of “revenge game” for the Birds because of the Super Bowl loss three years ago: This will be the most demoralizing loss these players will ever experience in their professional careers. At least it will be memorable.
Ciara’s take: I don’t like the Patriots. They’re not quite as high on the “hate” scale as the Cowboys, but I don’t like them. Pure hate. Watching the Buffalo game last night solidified it (http://www.latimes.com/sports/printedition/la-sp-patriots19nov19,1,2720764.story?coll=la-headlines-pe-sports). Who in their right mind would go for it on 4th and 1 with a 36,000 point lead? Yes, its understood that players play to win the game (thanks, Herm Edwards), but this is out of line. If the Pats attempt — just attempt — to pull this off next week, someone should knock the pretty boy off of Tom Brady. Not take out his knee Theismann-style (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGbmctX9WBQ), but something to that effect. Some team in the league has to stand up to this. The Eagles’ chances to win are slim, but if they come out and make it competitive, it’ll be satisfying enough.

rbedgood
12-19-2007, 04:26 AM

HH doesn't spend money...he waits until another fan can't go to the game, and then takes their free tickets...:lol: :lol:

J/k...he spent money on beer and hot dogs...of course the cleanup from him trying to finish a 2nd beer probably costs more than the profit on the concessions...but alas, he tried.

hermhater
12-19-2007, 04:29 AM
HH doesn't spend money...he waits until another fan can't go to the game, and then takes their free tickets...:lol: :lol:

J/k...he spent money on beer and hot dogs...of course the cleanup from him trying to finish a 2nd beer probably costs more than the profit on the concessions...but alas, he tried.

My GF ralphed half a polish sausage in the chicks bathrooom!

I ate before the game and had no problem... at the stadium...

DTFan4life
12-19-2007, 01:31 PM
i do not understand all this hatred for herm edwards. He is under his second year in a major rebuilding process, and he is OUR COACH! i dont see how you can root against our coach as chiefs fans.

Just wait, he will get us a superbowl in a couple years. We need to fix the offensive line and we are going to be good. Next year, you guys will forget that the 07-08 season ever existed. You will fall in love with Herm and you will be the one apoligizing to him instead of vise versa.

DrunkHillbilly
12-19-2007, 01:35 PM
i do not understand all this hatred for herm edwards. He is under his second year in a major rebuilding process, and he is OUR COACH! i dont see how you can root against our coach as chiefs fans.

Just wait, he will get us a superbowl in a couple years. We need to fix the offensive line and we are going to be good. Next year, you guys will forget that the 07-08 season ever existed. You will fall in love with Herm and you will be the one apoligizing to him instead of vise versa.
Are you a closet Jets fan? Look what he did to that team!

DTFan4life
12-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Are you a closet Jets fan? Look what he did to that team!

no i support my team through thick and thin. I can't stand bandwagon fans.

hermhater
12-19-2007, 01:59 PM

As far as I am concerned Herm is not part of this team, he is the freakin' enemy!!!

I stick with my team through thick and thin too, bud, but Herm is not part of the team, and he never will be...

Chiefster
12-19-2007, 02:02 PM

...Smart man.

Hayvern
12-19-2007, 09:03 PM

I can speak for myself here when I say that I do not like him because he should have never been the coach of this team in the first place. He was a mediocre at best coach during his time in New York and he is not the guy I would want to rebuild this team.

Would you ask the kid at Jiffy Lube to rebuild the engine on your car. Sure he might know what end of the wrench to hold, but he sure is not going to have the expertise to do major repair. That is what I think of Herm, he needs to go back to work at Joffy Lube, if they would have him.

McLovin
12-19-2007, 09:14 PM

Good luck!

That would have been me, but no it is an XP Powertoy and I am fairly sure it will not work with 2k.

hermhater
12-19-2007, 09:19 PM
That would have been me, but no it is an XP Powertoy and I am fairly sure it will not work with 2k.

You're right, it doesn't work with 2k.

Thanks for posting it for others before bryonc!

:sign0098:

Canada
12-19-2007, 11:34 PM

You're right, it doesn't work with 2k.

Thanks for posting it for others before bryonc!

:sign0098:

The problem you guys are having with the XP Powertoy not being compatible with 2K is because you need to upload a helix worm into the mainframe so that the XP Powertoy can integrate the cyberchain multithread into 2K allowing the Powertoy to run concurrently with your 2K or 3K operating system. The quickest way to get the helix work is to load DOS into your hardwired laptop and then bounce a signal off the matrix. This should clear up any compatibility issues that you may hav between the XP Powertoy and 2K!

.....and Herm sucks!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
12-20-2007, 12:01 AM
The problem you guys are having with the XP Powertoy not being compatible with 2K is because you need to upload a helix worm into the mainframe so that the XP Powertoy can integrate the cyberchain multithread into 2K allowing the Powertoy to run concurrently with your 2K or 3K operating system. The quickest way to get the helix work is to load DOS into your hardwired laptop and then bounce a signal off the matrix. This should clear up any compatibility issues that you may hav between the XP Powertoy and 2K!

Are all those names of Australian football teams too?

(Nice!)

McLovin
12-20-2007, 12:07 AM

Ahhh what the heck I havent given out Rep for a few days, but there is no way I can ever follow this methodology, if you could please work this out for him I would be forever grateful. Fore I dont have half the intelligence to repeat what you said much less implement it. LOL

greg3564
12-20-2007, 12:15 AM
Ahhh what the heck I havent given out Rep for a few days, but there is no way I can ever follow this methodology, if you could please work this out for him I would be forever grateful. Fore I dont have half the intelligence to repeat what you said much less implement it. LOL

It's oooooookkkaayyyyyy! Thats oooooookkkaayyyy! We play to win the game! It's ooooooookkkaayyyyyyy!!!!!

Now......Get over it and don't misunderstand that!

Chiefster
12-20-2007, 01:10 AM

HA! :lol:

I'll bet [he] could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch.