PDA

View Full Version : Tony Richardson!!!!!

nigeriannightmare
12-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Anyone else see who the starting fullback for the NFC is...drum roll please....TONY RICHARDSON! Another brilliant move by this administration...full back we don't need no stinking full back..good job CARL!

hermhater
12-18-2007, 07:26 PM
It wasn't just Carl, man.

Herm has yet to get us a fullback and we have 2 games left.

God I hope that guy doesn't last through the off season

prough91
12-18-2007, 07:30 PM
I've got to be honest, I didn't think it was that bad a deal when they let T-Rich go. I really liked him, but he was 32 and it freed up quite a bit of cap space. Also, the year before we let him go, we didn't use him that much and the running game was awesome.

nigeriannightmare
12-18-2007, 07:55 PM
I've got to be honest, I didn't think it was that bad a deal when they let T-Rich go. I really liked him, but he was 32 and it freed up quite a bit of cap space. Also, the year before we let him go, we didn't use him that much and the running game was awesome.

What players were aquired/signed with that freed up cap space? Don't know if you know but that would be an interesting tidbit of info....

hermhater
12-18-2007, 08:00 PM
What players were aquired/signed with that freed up cap space? Don't know if you know but that would be an interesting tidbit of info....

I'll bet Drummond got a pretty good share...

prough91
12-18-2007, 08:41 PM

I'm going to be real honest, I can't find what exactly it was. I can't remember if his contract was going to cause a big hit the following year or if he just plain wanted more money, but I think it was the first.

nigeriannightmare
12-18-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm going to be real honest, I can't find what exactly it was. I can't remember if his contract was going to cause a big hit the following year or if he just plain wanted more money, but I think it was the first.

He's only making 1.3 million in Mnnesota-don't know the details to the contract. I think that is rather cheap for a pro bowl caliber full back. Anyway, you may be right, but I just can't understand why we don't have a legitimate full back, especially with this horrid line.

prough91
12-18-2007, 11:20 PM
He's only making 1.3 million in Mnnesota-don't know the details to the contract. I think that is rather cheap for a pro bowl caliber full back. Anyway, you may be right, but I just can't understand why we don't have a legitimate full back, especially with this horrid line.

When he left, I believe he only had one year left on his contract which usually will have the biggest effect on cap space, so he would have signed a new contract with Minnesota since then.

chief31
12-19-2007, 06:21 AM

I am pretty sure he was an unrestricted FA. And, in hindsight, he sure is doing alot to make the Vikings' running game look good.

Guru
12-19-2007, 06:38 AM
It wasn't just Carl, man.

Herm has yet to get us a fullback and we have 2 games left.

God I hope that guy doesn't last through the off season

herm has hardly ever utilized the FB position. Check the Jets on that.

Chiefster
12-19-2007, 07:03 AM
herm has hardly ever utilized the FB position. Check the Jets on that.

Yup; thus proving once again what an idiot he is.

hermhater
12-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Yup; thus proving once again what an idiot he is.

I doubt that even Herm has any idea how big of an idiot he actually is.

:mob:

Chiefster
12-19-2007, 03:42 PM
I doubt that even Herm has any idea how big of an idiot he actually is.

:mob:

That in itself is why he is such an idiot.

greg3564
12-20-2007, 12:28 AM

We have a FB, the only problem is Herm can't decide which one is it. Kris Wilson just does not look comfortable in that role and he has no business playing back there.

Boomer Grigsby has shown great speed and hitting ability. He can also pick up a blitx pretty well. Grigsby is one of those fierce competitors and gives it 110% every time. Stick with Grigsby full time and see what an improvement he can bring. Add him to the improvements we may see in the off season and his level of play will go up.

McLovin
12-20-2007, 12:32 AM
We have a FB, the only problem is Herm can't decide which one is it. Kris Wilson just does not look comfortable in that role and he has no business playing back there.

Boomer Grigsby has shown great speed and hitting ability. He can also pick up a blitx pretty well. Grigsby is one of those fierce competitors and gives it 110% every time. Stick with Grigsby full time and see what an improvement he can bring. Add him to the improvements we may see in the off season and his level of play will go up.

Agreed let him play and don't be wishy washy with him (Boomer) as for Wilson is he worth anything in the off season, if not I think cutting him would be a good start. With all respect to Boomer and what he can become why did we ever get rid of T-Rich.

Anyone know what we got for T-Rich (Draft Picks, trade etc. also if we did get a pick who did we pick up with it)

Chiefster
12-20-2007, 12:52 AM

If boomer could have stayed healthy then perhaps the season my have gone better despite Herm's ineptness.

chief31
12-20-2007, 12:53 AM
Agreed let him play and don't be wishy washy with him (Boomer) as for Wilson is he worth anything in the off season, if not I think cutting him would be a good start. With all respect to Boomer and what he can become why did we ever get rid of T-Rich.

Anyone know what we got for T-Rich (Draft Picks, trade etc. also if we did get a pick who did we pick up with it)

Nothing. He left through free-agency. The Chiefs refused to match the Vikings' offer.

Chiefster
12-20-2007, 01:04 AM
Nothing. He left through free-agency. The Chiefs refused to match the Vikings' offer.

Yup! Again, another one of Carl's brilliant moves. :rolleyes:

hermhater
12-20-2007, 03:41 AM

So what was who thinking?

How did that happen?

Was getting rid of T Rich the only way we could keep LJ?

Money wise?

hermhater
12-20-2007, 03:53 AM
So Herm learned from someone how to be a yes man for sure...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/12/211.jpg

:lol: :D

chief31
12-20-2007, 04:16 AM
So what was who thinking?

How did that happen?

Was getting rid of T Rich the only way we could keep LJ?

Money wise?

I think Herm wanted to run the offense without a fullback.

But, no. T-Rich left the year before LJs contract got done.

anaeelbackwards
12-20-2007, 04:48 AM
i'd personally like to see Boomer take that FB position. and see him be just as good as T-RICH was. What's the 411 on him anyways? Is he year to year? (contract-wise)

yeah tony richardson was and still is a class-act guy, im going to miss him. but im not going to sit and talk about the past.

hopefully boomer can deliver and be good or even better than t-rich was for our team.

McLovin
12-20-2007, 11:41 AM
T-Rich is up for free agency again this year, think there is any chance that we can grab him back like we did edwards.

nigeriannightmare
12-20-2007, 01:30 PM

For a guy that switched to this position this year, you are absolutely correct, in reference to Boomer.

Three7s
12-20-2007, 01:43 PM
I agree with everything said about Boomer, I've seen him make some absolutely killer blocks, he could become a great FB, just gotta watch the injuries. Btw, I think Kris Wilson is arguably the worst player, not on this team, but in the actual NFL!

Chiefster
12-20-2007, 03:57 PM
T-Rich is up for free agency again this year, think there is any chance that we can grab him back like we did edwards.

Interesting notion, but I think it takes at least five years for Carl to realize what a stupid bonehead move it really is.

Canada
12-20-2007, 07:44 PM
I agree with everything said about Boomer, I've seen him make some absolutely killer blocks, he could become a great FB, just gotta watch the injuries. Btw, I think Kris Wilson is arguably the worst player, not on this team, but in the actual NFL!

Easy now....its not like he has a fubbalo logo on his helmet!! :lol:

Coach
12-20-2007, 09:03 PM
I am pretty sure he was an unrestricted FA. And, in hindsight, he sure is doing alot to make the Vikings' running game look good.

He and Steve Hutchinson. Just goes to show what can happen with a good o-line and a quality lead blocker.

Doubtful. That would send a signal to KC that Carl made a mistake by not keeping him the first time. I would also guess that he will get top dollar free agency money for a FB. I wish we could get a look at Grigsby. What else do we have to lose at this point?

tornadospotter
12-20-2007, 09:19 PM

Easy now....its not like he has a fubbalo logo on his helmet!! :lol:
I say we trade him to the Canadian League for Printers!

anaeelbackwards
12-20-2007, 11:34 PM
[quote=Canada;57814]
I say we trade him to the Canadian League for Printers!

Printers? The guy who makes chicken salad outta chicken ****?

YEAH BRING HIM BACK! maybe canada can bring him back for the home opener next season!

MullettMafia69
12-20-2007, 11:54 PM
T-Rich was a big part of the offensive explosion and the emergence of LJ and Priest it's a damn shame King Carl is so ignorant.

Canada
12-21-2007, 06:35 AM
[quote=tornadospotter;57831]

Printers? The guy who makes chicken salad outta chicken ****?

YEAH BRING HIM BACK! maybe canada can bring him back for the home opener next season!

He is just down the street from me now!! :bananen_smilies046:

anaeelbackwards
12-21-2007, 11:19 AM
[quote=anaeelbackwards;57852]

He is just down the street from me now!! :bananen_smilies046:

hahahaha. is he playing for the canadian league up there? whats he doing?

Canada
12-21-2007, 12:07 PM
[quote=Canada;58011]

hahahaha. is he playing for the canadian league up there? whats he doing?

QB for the Hamilton Tiger Cats!!

prough91
12-21-2007, 12:11 PM
T-Rich was a big part of the offensive explosion and the emergence of LJ and Priest it's a damn shame King Carl is so ignorant.

I'm as big a T-Rich fan as anybody, but I haven't really heard anyone talking about him until he made the pro bowl this year. I think he's an awesome player too, but I wonder if he made the pro bowl for Adrian Peterson's performance this year more than his own.

hermhater
12-21-2007, 07:03 PM
I'm as big a T-Rich fan as anybody, but I haven't really heard anyone talking about him until he made the pro bowl this year. I think he's an awesome player too, but I wonder if he made the pro bowl for Adrian Peterson's performance this year more than his own.

Rarely do you year about a full back in the NFL.

It's the nature of the position.

If he were still here perhaps we would be asking if he only made the pro bowl because of how well he blocked for LJ all season. And perhaps LJ wouldn't have been hurt with better blocking.

prough91
12-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Rarely do you year about a full back in the NFL.

It's the nature of the position.

If he were still here perhaps we would be asking if he only made the pro bowl because of how well he blocked for LJ all season. And perhaps LJ wouldn't have been hurt with better blocking.

My point exactly, he toiled rather obscurely until Priest came along and got all the attention for the yards he was getting. Also, I never really heard anyone complaining when he left too much, rather it was here, on the radio or in the newspaper. I mean a lot of people hated to see him go, but most people realized he was getting a little long in the tooth and also his last year the announcers at one game said he was on the field for less than 25% of the plays.

hermhater
12-21-2007, 10:23 PM
My point exactly, he toiled rather obscurely until Priest came along and got all the attention for the yards he was getting. Also, I never really heard anyone complaining when he left too much, rather it was here, on the radio or in the newspaper. I mean a lot of people hated to see him go, but most people realized he was getting a little long in the tooth and also his last year the announcers at one game said he was on the field for less than 25% of the plays.

I wasn't on this site then, I could go back and look at the archives, but people in KC were pretty pissed when he was let go.

I wonder who's fault that was HERM???