PDA

View Full Version : Anybody care at this point???

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 11:55 PM
Larry Johnson, RB KC
News: Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said Tuesday that running back Larry Johnson (http://rick1424.football.sportsline.com/players/playerpage/396164), sidelined the past six games with a foot injury, might get on the field this week at Detroit. Johnson has been slowly doing more and more and could actually go through a full practice this week. "We're going to try to limit him some and see what he can do in practice, see where he's at," Edwards said

timsatt1
12-18-2007, 11:56 PM
Larry Johnson, RB KC
News: Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said Tuesday that running back Larry Johnson (http://rick1424.football.sportsline.com/players/playerpage/396164), sidelined the past six games with a foot injury, might get on the field this week at Detroit. Johnson has been slowly doing more and more and could actually go through a full practice this week. "We're going to try to limit him some and see what he can do in practice, see where he's at," Edwards said

Why won't any body listen to me? I am being totally seriel with you guys, but you just won't listen. Why can't I be cool? I wanna be cool guys. Could you please just pretend like I am a grown-up? I need to feel important. You guys are hurting my feelings.

DrunkHillbilly
12-18-2007, 11:57 PM
i care...just not sure what my opinion is at the moment.

maybe he can get in and do well and bring his trade value up?

what reason does he have to play anymore this year?

for his sake, he would be better off resting the injury as long as he can until he has to start getting ready for next season.
His trade value is zero even when healthy.

Guru
12-18-2007, 11:58 PM
After the contract we gave him, he has absolutely no trade value whatsoever. Good work there Carl.

timsatt1
12-18-2007, 11:59 PM
His trade value is zero even when healthy.

Why won't any body listen to me? I am being totally seriel with you guys, but you just won't listen. Why can't I be cool? I wanna be cool guys. Could you please just pretend like I am a grown-up? I need to feel important.

hermhater
12-19-2007, 12:00 AM
I watched the press conference and Herm was as evasive as ever, and said nothing specific about Larry's injury...

Almost as if he wanted to trade him in the off season.

Herm hasn't a clue.

DrunkHillbilly
12-19-2007, 12:00 AM
sad and true.

i need to go search and find my post back when they redid his contract where i said that move will haunt the chiefs for the next few years.
I'm not sure it will haunt them if they retool the line and he runs like he did last year.

chief31
12-19-2007, 01:49 AM
I have to admit that I wouldn't be entirely shocked if the Chiefs decided to trade Kolby Smith. I believe that that would be a huge mistake, but with L.J. locked-in, I doubt that they are going to be able to get rid of him.

Although, the fact that he is trying so hard to get back on the field leads me to wonder if he might not be willing to take a pay-cut to go play somewhere else.

As stated above, there is no other reason to rush back from this injury, than to prove that the injury isn't a big deal.

Why bother? If youa are happy with the contract, and certainly don't feel like you are going to be benched, (due to the contracts size), then it makes perfgect sense to rest it, and allow it to heal to the fullest, in order to be ready for next season.

The same rationality would apply for the organization. Why let him back on the field? Of course you want to win, but the guy who is playing in his stead is doing better than he was anyway.

All of this is making me wonder if they aren't trying to make LJs trade-value go back up, just enough to let him get away.

But, I don't think that it will work without LJs cooperation, in renegotiating with another team. Because he simply doesn't have the value to constitute his current contract.

Guru
12-19-2007, 01:57 AM
There is absolutely no reason to play LJ this year at all. I don't understand why they would even consider this. Personally, I think they are just blowing more smoke.

hermhater
12-19-2007, 04:13 AM
I have to admit that I wouldn't be entirely shocked if the Chiefs decided to trade Kolby Smith. I believe that that would be a huge mistake, but with L.J. locked-in, I doubt that they are going to be able to get rid of him.

Although, the fact that he is trying so hard to get back on the field leads me to wonder if he might not be willing to take a pay-cut to go play somewhere else.

As stated above, there is no other reason to rush back from this injury, than to prove that the injury isn't a big deal.

Why bother? If youa are happy with the contract, and certainly don't feel like you are going to be benched, (due to the contracts size), then it makes perfgect sense to rest it, and allow it to heal to the fullest, in order to be ready for next season.

The same rationality would apply for the organization. Why let him back on the field? Of course you want to win, but the guy who is playing in his stead is doing better than he was anyway.

All of this is making me wonder if they aren't trying to make LJs trade-value go back up, just enough to let him get away.

But, I don't think that it will work without LJs cooperation, in renegotiating with another team. Because he simply doesn't have the value to constitute his current contract.

You said it all in the last paragraph guy.

This injury he suffered, along with our line, is the end of my favorite players career.

He never quite did Shaun Alexander records, but while LJ was on the field (the other last couple of years), I thought he would run over anyone.

I hope he can make a comeback, big time.

hermhater
12-19-2007, 04:16 AM
There is absolutely no reason to play LJ this year at all. I don't understand why they would even consider this. Personally, I think they are just blowing more smoke.

Exactly.

LJ has Doctor-patient confidentiality?

I can't understand that.

Isn't there betting going on?

I have never heard of another player saying they don't want to release their status to the team before.

rbedgood
12-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Exactly.

LJ has Doctor-patient confidentiality?

I can't understand that.

Isn't there betting going on?

I have never heard of another player saying they don't want to release their status to the team before.

HH,

Herm and the team know the extent of the injury. However LJ has cited patient confidentiality in refusing to allow them to talk about the nature of his injury to the public. Per NFL rules they have to release the basic (Foot), however that could be a break, a sprain, a bone bruise, a dislocated toe, etc, etc, etc.

Most likely it is a sprain of the worst kind, and LJ's refusal to put the nature of the injury on the open market leads one to believe that he wants out. The information on the open market would hurt his value even more than it currently is. However if he can get back on the field and have a good game or two, then finding out he had a Lis Franc sprain would be less critical to the Chiefs ability to move him. Agreed with the poster(s) above who stated LJ would have to be willing to renegotiate with any new team.

However I can't think of very many good homes for LJ...working through the teams division by division, most either have a very high draft pick, or have a quality young running back (of the future). The only team that comes to mind at all is Houston.

Chiefster
12-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Smoke and mirrors.

DrunkHillbilly
12-19-2007, 01:28 PM
HH,

Herm and the team know the extent of the injury. However LJ has cited patient confidentiality in refusing to allow them to talk about the nature of his injury to the public. Per NFL rules they have to release the basic (Foot), however that could be a break, a sprain, a bone bruise, a dislocated toe, etc, etc, etc.

Most likely it is a sprain of the worst kind, and LJ's refusal to put the nature of the injury on the open market leads one to believe that he wants out. The information on the open market would hurt his value even more than it currently is. However if he can get back on the field and have a good game or two, then finding out he had a Lis Franc sprain would be less critical to the Chiefs ability to move him. Agreed with the poster(s) above who stated LJ would have to be willing to renegotiate with any new team.

However I can't think of very many good homes for LJ...working through the teams division by division, most either have a very high draft pick, or have a quality young running back (of the future). The only team that comes to mind at all is Houston.
Really? I think there are a lot of teams that could use him.
Atlanta....Jerious Norwood???? Dunn is done!
Baltimore..??????McGahee is good some of the time
Carolina....Williams and Foster. Uh no.
Chicago....Benson...Should of kept Jones!!!!
Cincy......Johnson is hurt all the time and getting old. Watson??

Denver....Travis Henry doesn't impress me.
Detroit....Jones can't stay healthy.
Giants????? Jacobs and Ward????
Oakland.....need I say more
Seattle...needs a running game in a bad way!!!
Tennessee..White Ehhhhh????

Chiefster
12-19-2007, 02:04 PM

Yes, but are they willing to pay for him?

DrunkHillbilly
12-19-2007, 02:33 PM
Yes, but are they willing to pay for him?
I'm sure one of those teams holds him in high regards.

greg3564
12-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Couple schools of thought on this one.

1. LJ is wanting to be traded, even with a pay cut, and wants to get back on the field, against the Chiefs wishes, to show he's healthy to potential teams.

2. The Chiefs want him gone and are pressuring him to get on the field to show potential teams he's ok.

One side or the other wants LJ out. Why would it make any sense to have him play one or two final games in a losing season? Smith is running well and even if he wasn't, why would you risk agravating an injury at this point in the season? Add to the fact LJ and the Chiefs are keeping his injury top secret and something is brewing.

My gut feeling is LJ wants out. I think he sees this team is not bowl bound for another 3 or 4 years and his career will be coming to an end by then. He probably wants a shot and is not here to help rebuild. Maybe he and the Chiefs have come to an agreement but neither one is going to say anything until LJ can play a game or two. I think that anything goes at this point. Even Gonzales said he would be willing to leave the team if it meant the team would get better.

greg3564
12-19-2007, 02:44 PM

Denver has Selvin Young. Travis Henry will probably get traded after pulling a "Ricky Williams" and dodging a bullet. Selvin Young has talent and how he went undrafted is beyond me.

Chiefster
12-19-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm sure one of those teams holds him in high regards.

Oh I'm sure, but will they pay 45 mil for him.

DrunkHillbilly
12-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Denver has Selvin Young. Travis Henry will probably get traded after pulling a "Ricky Williams" and dodging a bullet. Selvin Young has talent and how he went undrafted is beyond me.
Obviously the days of just plugging in a RB is over for Denver. Young isn't anything special in my book. I think they would love the oppurtunity to get LJ!!

DrunkHillbilly
12-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Oh I'm sure, but will they pay 45 mil for him.
It would probably take more than anyone has or is willing to part with.

DTFan4life
12-19-2007, 04:44 PM
I like them french fried taters with some mustard.

MMMMMMMPPPHHHH.

nigeriannightmare
12-19-2007, 05:26 PM

Cant' we just cut his ***, like the Eagles did to TO, or do we have to pay all 19 million in guarantees, in todays nfl there has to be some thing in the contract about conduct detrimental to the team. I don't voice this opinion often, but it was my undersanding, that Willie would have played one more year if it weren't for LJ and Herm. No offense to the LJ lovers, but he's not a team player. Takes all the credit and gives all the blame.

Chiefster
12-19-2007, 06:24 PM
It would probably take more than anyone has or is willing to part with.

Agreed.

DrunkHillbilly
12-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Cant' we just cut his ***, like the Eagles did to TO, or do we have to pay all 19 million in guarantees, in todays nfl there has to be some thing in the contract about conduct detrimental to the team. I don't voice this opinion often, but it was my undersanding, that Willie would have played one more year if it weren't for LJ and Herm. No offense to the LJ lovers, but he's not a team player. Takes all the credit and gives all the blame.
Have to pay all guarranteed money and he hasn't done anything that warrants him being cut. It would be silly to cut him anyway. You watch, if we get our O line in order next season, he will run rough shod over everyone like he did last year and all will be ok. Weird how everyone forgets 1800yds and 16 or 18 TD's so fast!!!!

Canada
12-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Have to pay all guarranteed money and he hasn't done anything that warrants him being cut. It would be silly to cut him anyway. You watch, if we get our O line in order next season, he will run rough shod over everyone like he did last year and all will be ok. Weird how everyone forgets 1800yds and 16 or 18 TD's so fast!!!!

I don't think anyone "forgot" it, but I would have liked to see a similar performance. I hope LJ comes back and tears it up, but i would not be upset if he got traded either.

nigeriannightmare
12-19-2007, 08:02 PM

I just don't think this guy is a guy that will give you a 100 pecent every time he's out there, unlike Tony G, unless the team is winning or in the playoff hunt. I know the line sucks, but he just didn't seem like he was trying all that hard this year. You may be right, but I think that team unity is more important than having to accomodate a selfish superstar.

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
12-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Hey Canada i was reading you sig and its crazy that its cheaper to fly from canada then to stay in a hotel room! Its just wrong that they charge that damn much for a damn room.:D

DTFan4life
12-19-2007, 10:57 PM
Hey Canada i was reading you sig and its crazy that its cheaper to fly from canada then to stay in a hotel room! Its just wrong that they charge that damn much for a damn room.:D

...well it isnt just any hotel room, probably pretty high demand for that hotel across the stadium ;)

Canada
12-19-2007, 11:17 PM

I don't even want to get started on how much I spent on beer!!

DrunkHillbilly
12-20-2007, 06:17 PM
L.J. suffers setback in practice
(javascript:void(0);)

Larry Johnson, RB KC
News: Chiefs RB Larry Johnson (http://rick1424.football.sportsline.com/players/playerpage/396164) received a heavier workload in practice Wednesday than he has since the injury in early November. Johnson shared the first-team snaps with Kolby Smith (http://rick1424.football.sportsline.com/players/playerpage/436530) and appeared as if he was preparing to play Sunday against the Lions in Detroit. But about halfway through practice, according to the Kansas City Star, Johnson headed for the sideline and spoke with one of the trainers, careful the whole time not to put weight on the injured foot. He then left the practice field and didn't return. "I don't know if it was a setback," coach Herm Edwards said. "We'll find out (Thursday) and the next day. He got a little sore. I've got to see where that's at. He's limited right now and I've got him questionable."

hermhater
12-20-2007, 06:42 PM
Sounds like Herm likes to keep his players injured...

Geez...

wolfpack
12-22-2007, 11:13 AM
let LJ heal the rest of the year. if it dosent hit the cap hard see what we can get for him in a trade.

Chiefster
12-22-2007, 10:50 PM
Sounds like Herm likes to keep his players injured...

Geez...

This surprises you?