PDA

View Full Version : A few UFAs

chief31
12-20-2007, 11:23 AM
A few likely free agents, this coming offseason...

DT Albert Haynesworth - Tennessee Titans

WR Randy Moss - New England Patriots

DT Sam Adams - Denver Broncos

QB Phillip Rivers - San Diego Chargers

OT Flozell Adams - Dallas Cowboys

WR Patrick Crayton - Dallas Cowoys

S Ken Hamlin - Dallas Cowboys

PK Lawrence Tynes - NY Giants

DT Kimo Von Oelhoffen - Philadelphia Eagles

OT Jason Fabini - Washington Redskins

LB Lance Briggs - Chicago Bears

LB Boss Bailey - Detroit Lions

OT George Foster - Detroit Lions

DE Mike Rucker - Carolina Panthers

C Jeff Faine - New Orleans Saints

OG Matt Lehr - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

OT Kwame Harris - San Francisco 49ers

Just thought I would throw out a few names that are likely to be availale this offseason.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL+Zone/Team+Reports/default.htm?mode=nfcwest

Hayvern
12-20-2007, 03:55 PM
I got this off the site that Chief31 referenced. Here is the analysis for the Chiefs this season.

Potential UFAs: DE Jared Allen, RS Eddie Drummond, WLB Keyaron Fox, WR Samie Parker, CB Benny Sapp, OT Chris Terry, OT Kyle Turley, C Casey Wiegmann, DE Jimmy Wilkerson, TE-FB Kris Wilson.

Potential RFAs: P Dustin Colquitt, FB Boomer Grigsby, OT Will Svitek.

Analysis: The centerpiece of the free-agent class in Kansas City is DE Jared Allen, who is among the league leaders in sacks despite missing the first two games with a suspension. That suspension — stemming from a pair of DUI arrests in 2006 — is what will keep the Chiefs away from the bargaining table until after the season. GM Carl Peterson told PFW they want to analyze where he’s at both on and off the field before making a long-term commitment to him financially, and Peterson noted they have room under the salary cap to use the franchise tag if necessary. C Casey Wiegmann is getting up there in age and isn’t the same without Will Shields next to him. If he is brought back, it would be only for a year or two. Beyond that, it’s a lackluster group. OLB Keyaron Fox has been hurt too often, Kris Wilson’s future is unknown at fullback, WR Samie Parker has played his way out of town and a serious upgrade is needed at offensive tackle. Nickel CB Benny Sapp has his moments and should be back, and it seems likely the Chiefs will pay a premium price to keep P Dustin Colquitt in the fold.

If there is any question whether Allen deserves to come back next year, then we are in more trouble than even I could see. We have a two player defense at this point with Allen and Edwards, it would be stupid to let Allen go to because of a mistake he made last year.

I am also of the mindset that a person needs a veteran player or two around to help those younger guys get up to speed faster, but it would depend on what Wiegman thinks he can get if he were to test the market. I honestly see him being let go if the current administration remains in place.

Other than Colquitt, whom I also believe we should keep around, the rest of those on this list I could give you two cents for.

Chiefster
12-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Nothing at all against our very own Brody Croyle but I think Rivers would be a good acquisition.

greg3564
12-20-2007, 04:10 PM
We should re-sign Tynes! Granted, the guy wasn't a legendary kicker, but we wasn't so bad that we had to get rid of him either. Now we're going to probably waste another draft pick on a kicker.

Chiefster
12-20-2007, 04:13 PM
We should re-sign Tynes! Granted, the guy wasn't a legendary kicker, but we wasn't so bad that we had to get rid of him either. Now we're going to probably waste another draft pick on a kicker.

Yep, again, another example of Carl's brilliance. :rolleyes:

nigeriannightmare
12-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Nothing at all against our very own Brody Croyle but I think Rivers would be a good acquisition.

I don't like Rivers, he has talented wide receivers/tight end, all star LT, pro bowl Lorenzo Neal, a good line and can't get it done and he has a coach that is known for his ability to develop quarterbacks. Are there any other veteran quarterbacks worth anything out there???

Chiefster
12-20-2007, 05:11 PM
I don't like Rivers, he has talented wide receivers/tight end, all star LT, pro bowl Lorenzo Neal, a good line and can't get it done and he has a coach that is known for his ability to develop quarterbacks. Are there any other veteran quarterbacks worth anything out there???

He's still young and has good experience; any good QB in the league is surrounded by talent. Now, grant it your argument does have merit in that he would not have said "OL" talent surrounding him here, but all the other offensive pieces are in place.

Canada
12-20-2007, 07:42 PM
I got this off the site that Chief31 referenced. Here is the analysis for the Chiefs this season.

Potential UFAs: DE Jared Allen, RS Eddie Drummond, WLB Keyaron Fox, WR Samie Parker, CB Benny Sapp, OT Chris Terry, OT Kyle Turley, C Casey Wiegmann, DE Jimmy Wilkerson, TE-FB Kris Wilson.

Potential RFAs: P Dustin Colquitt, FB Boomer Grigsby, OT Will Svitek.

Analysis: The centerpiece of the free-agent class in Kansas City is DE Jared Allen, who is among the league leaders in sacks despite missing the first two games with a suspension. That suspension — stemming from a pair of DUI arrests in 2006 — is what will keep the Chiefs away from the bargaining table until after the season. GM Carl Peterson told PFW they want to analyze where he’s at both on and off the field before making a long-term commitment to him financially, and Peterson noted they have room under the salary cap to use the franchise tag if necessary. C Casey Wiegmann is getting up there in age and isn’t the same without Will Shields next to him. If he is brought back, it would be only for a year or two. Beyond that, it’s a lackluster group. OLB Keyaron Fox has been hurt too often, Kris Wilson’s future is unknown at fullback, WR Samie Parker has played his way out of town and a serious upgrade is needed at offensive tackle. Nickel CB Benny Sapp has his moments and should be back, and it seems likely the Chiefs will pay a premium price to keep P Dustin Colquitt in the fold.

If there is any question whether Allen deserves to come back next year, then we are in more trouble than even I could see. We have a two player defense at this point with Allen and Edwards, it would be stupid to let Allen go to because of a mistake he made last year.

I am also of the mindset that a person needs a veteran player or two around to help those younger guys get up to speed faster, but it would depend on what Wiegman thinks he can get if he were to test the market. I honestly see him being let go if the current administration remains in place.

Other than Colquitt, whom I also believe we should keep around, the rest of those on this list I could give you two cents for.

I wouldn't go as far as to say a two player defence. don't forget Derrick Johnson, Pollard and Page.

tornadospotter
12-20-2007, 09:10 PM
I wouldn't go as far as to say a two player defence. don't forget Derrick Johnson, Pollard and Page.
And Tamba Hali.

Coach
12-20-2007, 09:13 PM

I also think that Phillip rivers is overrated. Marty camoflaged it well last year by running a lot and limiting his playbook to mainly short pass routes. This year, it became more apparent.

Coach
12-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Don't forget these UFA's, any one of them I think would be a nice addition:
Alan Fanaca OG
Jabar Gaffney WR
OT Stacy Andrews
QB Derek Anderson
WR Nate Washington
S Bob Sanders
OG Jacob Bell
PK Rob Bironas
WR Bernard Berrian
OT Jordan Gross
WR Devery Henderson
FB Mike Alstott

MichaelVicksDog
12-20-2007, 11:24 PM
Alan Fanaca OG
Jabar Gaffney WR
OT Stacy Andrews
QB Derek Anderson
WR Nate Washington
S Bob Sanders
OG Jacob Bell
PK Rob Bironas
WR Bernard Berrian
OT Jordan Gross
WR Devery Henderson
FB Mike Alstott

What? I like to play with soap. I like how it slips all around.

garciakcfan
12-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Nice thread, I have been wondering about this for about two weeks now.. I like Haynesworth, he's a beast in the middle, him and boone would be a terrific duo... Flozel Adams, not sure if he's a right or left tackle but a solid OL. From the looks of it not really much to pick from at least for an immediate patch on anything, these young guys just need to develop.. Comment on the Rivers thing, Are you kidding me???? And Tynes, am I the only one that remembers the chip shot he missed last year against the Colts in a freakin' DOME!!!! Like I said though good post and thanks for the info

MullettMafia69
12-20-2007, 11:59 PM
Personally I would like to see us make a play at Trufant or Asomugah (?) and Faneca or Starks. I can't see Carl spending any more than that. Then with Jake Long or Sam Baker in the first round there would already be a big improvment

chief31
12-21-2007, 12:00 AM
Nice thread, I have been wondering about this for about two weeks now.. I like Haynesworth, he's a beast in the middle, him and boone would be a terrific duo... Flozel Adams, not sure if he's a right or left tackle but a solid OL. From the looks of it not really much to pick from at least for an immediate patch on anything, these young guys just need to develop.. Comment on the Rivers thing, Are you kidding me???? And Tynes, am I the only one that remembers the chip shot he missed last year against the Colts in a freakin' DOME!!!! Like I said though good post and thanks for the info

Haynesworth, aside from have made a total *** of himself at times, Is definitely a monster. And Rivers may have just been struggling due to a whole new system. That tends to happen with a QB who's learning an entirely new offense.

And Tynes? He is a lot better than what we have had this season.

garciakcfan
12-21-2007, 12:09 AM
I dunno, i'm having nightmares about chiefs kickers still... Maybe Colquitt can do double duties, I would feel better about that...Still don't like the Rivers idea..I think Croyle is gonna be good

Guru
12-21-2007, 12:18 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if we do nothing in the FA market this year.

Coach
12-21-2007, 12:29 AM
That would really put Carl on the hot seat.

DrunkHillbilly
12-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Alan Fanaca OG
Jabar Gaffney WR
OT Stacy Andrews
QB Derek Anderson
WR Nate Washington
S Bob Sanders
OG Jacob Bell
PK Rob Bironas
WR Bernard Berrian
OT Jordan Gross
WR Devery Henderson
FB Mike Alstott
After all the speculation about Faneca this last off season, with the success they have had this year, he may be harder to obtain than we once thought.

prough91
12-21-2007, 10:40 AM

I don't think anything Carl would do or not do would put him in the hot seat. He should have been fired ten years ago.

IlovetheChiefs
12-21-2007, 12:59 PM
I was watching the CBS preview of the Chiefs-Lions game and Pat Kirwan said, "They're gonna have to make a decision at quarterback. Chad Pennington in that red uniform's gonna look real good for ol' Herm Edwards."
He seemed like he was saying it rather tongue-in-cheek but then Jason Horowitz said, "Especially since we know that they don't want Chad Pennington in New York anymore".

What do you all think about Pennington as a Chief? I think he did pretty good overall for the Jets but still some inconsistenices and prone to injuries and that we can do better than him.

nigeriannightmare
12-21-2007, 04:56 PM
I was watching the CBS preview of the Chiefs-Lions game and Pat Kirwan said, "They're gonna have to make a decision at quarterback. Chad Pennington in that red uniform's gonna look real good for ol' Herm Edwards."
He seemed like he was saying it rather tongue-in-cheek but then Jason Horowitz said, "Especially since we know that they don't want Chad Pennington in New York anymore".

What do you all think about Pennington as a Chief? I think he did pretty good overall for the Jets but still some inconsistenices and prone to injuries and that we can do better than him.

This move wouldn't surprise me one bit. Probably get him fairly cheap, and he would be the yes man that Herm wants. I can't wait for this guy, Herm, to get fired!!!

hermhater
12-21-2007, 06:37 PM

Well he would fit in just fine here as a QB.

He gets hurt for Herm consistently, isn't that what ol' Hermie likes to do to QB's?

Then he doesn't have to take the blame for anything that is going wrong with the team.

Just talks about his "bad luck" with QB's and it's off his shoulders.

chief31
12-22-2007, 09:25 AM

Meh. I'm rather unconcerned about him. Without some serious upgrades on the offensive line, I don't believe that it matters who plays there. And, if we do upgrade appropriately, then I believe that almost anyone will do. Specifically Brodie Croyle.

wolfpack
12-22-2007, 10:59 AM
spend the money to pick up the best,youngest OT on the market. hopefully he`s a left one. move big mac to right.maybe even a guard. and try to pick up a DT.

Chiefster
12-22-2007, 10:53 PM

...Same here.

We could only hope.

PawnshopMarimba
12-25-2007, 10:06 AM

Chad Pennington in a Chiefs uni.... wait... Chad Pennington?

Chad Pennington??

....CHAD PENNINGTON???? Seriously???
It'll be like Dave Krieg all over again. Whoopee.

m0ef0e
12-25-2007, 10:42 AM
I wonder if Jake Plummer would still like to play? Maybe we can chew the Bronc-hoes up with that bootleg they used to kill us with.

The snake had like the 5th best winning percentage of all-time for QB's right before the donkeys canned him...

PawnshopMarimba
12-25-2007, 10:57 AM
I wonder if Jake Plummer would still like to play? Maybe we can chew the Bronc-hoes up with that bootleg they used to kill us with.

The snake had like the 5th best winning percentage of all-time for QB's right before the donkeys canned him...

One condition: He shaves the pedophile mustache.

m0ef0e
12-25-2007, 11:00 AM
One condition: He shaves the pedophile mustache.

:lol: Agreed.

Three7s
12-25-2007, 11:43 AM

They still do kill us with the bootleg! Well, every team, actually, for that matter.

Chiefster
12-25-2007, 11:52 AM

Yeah, but he'd get his butt kicked the first time he flipped off Canada.