PDA

View Full Version : Why did we depart with Hall?

MullettMafia69
12-21-2007, 12:02 AM
I'm questioning the point of letting go of Dante Hall, it's not like he could cost that much. Plus though I agree his skills have diminished, have you seen the clowns that are returning for us now. I know it's too little too late but I just can't figure out what purpose that served going backwards on a position that was already solid.

Guru
12-21-2007, 12:06 AM
Gotta love hindsight.

I was all for having him gone. If I would have known our return game would be this awful, I would have kept him.

garciakcfan
12-21-2007, 12:11 AM
Just curious why would you wanted him gone??? I was kind of hoping Roscoe Parrish was going to become available in a year but the Bills wrapped him up

Guru
12-21-2007, 12:14 AM
I really got tired of him going everywhere but forward.

garciakcfan
12-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Now that you say that and I thought about it you are correct. He was always going for the home run. Roscoe would have been nice

spiman
12-21-2007, 12:19 AM
Like being able to get positive yards running a straight line.. Never turned out to B the receiver we needed him to be-also..

Coach
12-21-2007, 12:53 AM
Hall wasn't the solution. But neither was Drummond.

hermhater
12-21-2007, 12:55 AM
I have noticed that Drummond has quite a few returns where he ran for over 10 or 15 yards... laterally...

Guru
12-21-2007, 01:00 AM
I have noticed that Drummond has quite a few returns where he ran for over 10 or 15 yards... laterally...

yep, there is a reason I call him Mr. Twenty

anaeelbackwards
12-21-2007, 11:16 AM
eddie drummond wasn't the problem. our special teams is the problem. how many people did we have back there? eddie kennison, jeff webb, and who else? and still the same result. yes eddie drummond was a wasted sign, but not all our poor return game problems shouldn't be blamed solely on drummond. no one was opening seams and people weren't blocking. lets face it, our ST sucks and needs to be fixed.

IlovetheChiefs
12-21-2007, 12:20 PM
I love and miss Dante Hall. He was our Devin Hester. Whenever the Chiefs were not being telecast here in Philadelphia and the game that was on would switch to an NFL update of the Chiefs game, it would be SO often that it'd be Dante Hall returning a kick for a td! He was incredible.

Prior to the start of this season I had worried that 2007 could be a rough one for us due to what seemed to me to be serious losses: Dante Hall and Trent Green.

nigeriannightmare
12-21-2007, 05:00 PM
eddie drummond wasn't the problem. our special teams is the problem. how many people did we have back there? eddie kennison, jeff webb, and who else? and still the same result. yes eddie drummond was a wasted sign, but not all our poor return game problems shouldn't be blamed solely on drummond. no one was opening seams and people weren't blocking. lets face it, our ST sucks and needs to be fixed.

I don't know about that. Benny Sap does a better job of returning than Eddie. He at least gets to the 30 or 35 with Drummond we were luck to get to the 20. Eddie 'fuking' Drummon!!!!!! No doubt the special teams coach blows. It amazes me that these coaches still have jobs-Solari, Curl, Pfiefer, Herm, Ray Farmer-man that guy knows talent.

greg3564
12-22-2007, 08:49 PM
Say what you will about Hall, but he's ranked 27th among all returners for average yards per return for kicks and 4th for punts.

Our buddy Eddie Drummond is ranked 71st for kicks and 32nd for punts.

I would gladly have Hall over Drummond. I have to question the coaches again when they put Kennison in there after he had just returned from a hamstring injury and the guy is 34. Yes, he was a decent returner in his day, but that's another Herm decision that leaves you scratching your head. Webb looks like he had some potential, but they never stuck with him long enough to figure it out. Then, they bring Drummond back. That solidified to me how stupid Herm's decision making abilities are.

Chiefster
12-22-2007, 10:09 PM
We got rid of him because he forgot which direction in which to return kick offs and punts, but at least he had good hands and could catch the ball.

hermhater
12-23-2007, 12:27 AM
Say what you will about Hall, but he's ranked 27th among all returners for average yards per return for kicks and 4th for punts.

Our buddy Eddie Drummond is ranked 71st for kicks and 32nd for punts.

I would gladly have Hall over Drummond. I have to question the coaches again when they put Kennison in there after he had just returned from a hamstring injury and the guy is 34. Yes, he was a decent returner in his day, but that's another Herm decision that leaves you scratching your head. Webb looks like he had some potential, but they never stuck with him long enough to figure it out. Then, they bring Drummond back. That solidified to me how stupid Herm's decision making abilities are.

Thank you for some sanity!

Exactly!

:11:

tammietailgator
12-23-2007, 01:13 AM
I did a double take when I seen drummond back in..... is he dating someones daughter????

hermhater
12-23-2007, 01:41 AM
I did a double take when I seen drummond back in..... is he dating someones daughter????

I think he is related to the special teams coach somehow...

Makes you wonder about the parrot Herm eh?

:11:

Polleo Pit Man
12-23-2007, 02:26 AM
I think they are actually trying for good draft picks and DO wanna lose all the games?

Polleo Pit Man
12-23-2007, 02:27 AM
I think they are actually trying for good draft picks and DO wanna lose all the games?
Its the only explanation!

hermhater
12-23-2007, 02:29 AM

"They" is actually HERM.

And no I don't think this is how Herm seen the season happening.

Herm is ACTUALLY trying and this the best he can do.

This is the best we will ever be until Herm is gone.

:mob:

hermhater
12-23-2007, 02:30 AM
Its the only explanation!

You're wrong!

My explanation rules!

:bananen_smilies046:

Polleo Pit Man
12-23-2007, 02:38 AM
You're wrong!

My explanation rules!

:bananen_smilies046:
Well at least herm will run us down till we get tons of good pics then!

hermhater
12-23-2007, 02:40 AM
Well at least herm will run us down till we get tons of good pics then!

I really can't argue with this.

Herm has actually made some pretty good draft choices... for the positions he has chosen.

His biggest neglect is signing poor FA guys.

The biggest mistake he has made (assuming it was only Herm's choice) was deciding to let the Offensive line be neglected.

Period.

Polleo Pit Man
12-23-2007, 02:46 AM
I really can't argue with this.

Herm has actually made some pretty good draft choices... for the positions he has chosen.

His biggest neglect is signing poor FA guys.

The biggest mistake he has made (assuming it was only Herm's choice) was deciding to let the Offensive line be neglected.

Period.
I think thats all we got is the draft and hopefully they will continue to pick well! Apparently they dont wanna pay anybody so they are stickin with rookies?

hermhater
12-23-2007, 02:53 AM
I think thats all we got is the draft and hopefully they will continue to pick well! Apparently they dont wanna pay anybody so they are stickin with WOOKIES?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/12/227.jpg

I fully expect this to be nominated for post of the month.

If I don't win, then the Empire wins...

:D

Polleo Pit Man
12-23-2007, 02:58 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/12/227.jpg

I fully expect this to be nominated for post of the month.

If I don't win, then the Empire wins...

:D
DUDE.......Thats it! If we could get a team full of WOOKIES, we would be completely JEDI like and well nobody could touch us!

hermhater
12-23-2007, 03:08 AM
DUDE.......Thats it! If we could get a team full of WOOKIES, we would be completely JEDI like and well nobody could touch us!

Anyone think that the Emperor is Bellichick?

PawnshopMarimba
12-23-2007, 03:43 PM
We got rid of him because he forgot which direction in which to return kick offs and punts

Exactly. Ever since that crazy kick return against Denver (which, admittedly, is one of the greatest plays in the history of the game) he's been trying to re-create that moment. Changing directions, giving up better field position, not calling for a fair-catch when he should.

I HATE who we have returning our kicks now, but I don't blame the team for parting company with Dante when they did. It just made sense.

stlchief
12-23-2007, 03:50 PM
Exactly. Ever since that crazy kick return against Denver (which, admittedly, is one of the greatest plays in the history of the game) he's been trying to re-create that moment. Changing directions, giving up better field position, not calling for a fair-catch when he should.

I HATE who we have returning our kicks now, but I don't blame the team for parting company with Dante when they did. It just made sense.

Yes - some frustrating runs, but also some home runs. Trading him, we picked someone w/ no home runs this year. I myself think we should have kept him. He would bust 30 / 40 / 50 yrd returns to offset his -5 / 0 / 5 yard dances....

luv
12-23-2007, 07:36 PM
I don't think it was a mistake to trade Hall when we did. However, our new returner ended up on that same team's practice squad.

chief31
12-24-2007, 03:31 AM
Dante Hall was still pretty good, even when he was working with the special teams coach that we have right now, last season. Which, in my opinion, is the real problem with our return game.

For those who think it was the right time to get rid of Hall... Do you also agree that it was the right time, when we allowed T-Rich to leave? (Some of you might)

Why would you get rid of a pro-bowler, when you have nothing to replace him with? For that matter, why release Lawrence Tynes, just to hope that some draft pick works out?

Why release OT Kevin Sampson and OG Tres Stallings, and pin your hopes, for those backup spots, on aged "gambles"?

It just doesn't make sense to get rid of players, without having some kind of reliable replacement. And certainly not in as many positions as what we have done that to recently.

If you want to blame the decreased production from Hall on Hall alone, that's o.k. But, what was the plan for filling the void that that creates?

I, for one, would credit the absence of Dante Hall for at least two of our losses this season.

drstandley31
12-24-2007, 11:01 AM
Because we needed the draft pick, says Herm. Got to get younger. This team that's had a winner record the past several years and had a top 5 offense is just the wrong way to go. Git rid of a great QB, FB, Return man, lose linemen, replace them all with nobody and see how we do. Ahhhhh, the Great Plan. I wonder what color the sky is in Herm's world. Oh, and New England is older than us, figure that out.

Guru
12-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Not to disagree with you as our ST does suck, but why did all our other returners do better than Drummond with the same ST unit out there.

stlchief
12-24-2007, 01:51 PM
You trade one of the best ever because of a philosphy difference on return with the head coach? It's like trading Michael Jordan because you want to run a ball control offense.

Not that Hall is on an MJ level, but he is one of the tops at his specialty.

hermhater
12-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Not to disagree with you as our ST does suck, but why did all our other returners do better than Drummond with the same ST unit out there.

We were talking about this in Ventrilo during the game.

Did anyone else notice the HUGE seam Drummond had yesterday?

Well he decided to run AROUND it and into tacklers.

That was the biggest hole we have had on a return all year and I guess he was scared to run through it.

m0ef0e
12-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Why did they reactivate Drummond in the first place!?!?!? We should be seeing if there's anybody who may be able to handle the returns next year. (i.e, Sapp or Webb, ANYBODY besides thummond)

Canada
12-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Why did they reactivate Drummond in the first place!?!?!? We should be seeing if there's anybody who may be able to handle the returns next year. (i.e, Sapp or Webb, ANYBODY besides thummond)

I don't think Herm ever planned on scoring so he figured he didn;t really need a returner.

prough91
12-25-2007, 12:27 PM
They ought to have #69 field punts and kick returns.

McLovin
12-25-2007, 12:58 PM
You trade one of the best ever because of a philosphy difference on return with the head coach? It's like trading Michael Jordan because you want to run a ball control offense.

Not that Hall is on an MJ level, but he is one of the tops at his specialty.
No actually Hall had a good year or so, he wasn't worth squat on the Rams this year either, I still agree with trading away Hall I think it was a great move, Hall was ruined when they had to use him to cover for a worthless Eddie Kennison.

I think the biggest mistake in the return game was thinking that Drummond was the answer and letting Phinisee go. Bad mistake, bad bad mistake.

Anyway to recap, glad to see Hall go, I wish him luck but somewhere else. Drummond needs to go, need to get someone along the lines of a Hester (LOL), Steve Breaston, Darin Sproles, or maybe a Ted Ginn Jr. Drummond needs to go away.