PDA

View Full Version : So who still thinks.....

sling58
12-24-2007, 07:47 AM
.....that Brodie Croyle was going to save the season?

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
12-24-2007, 10:59 AM
It looks to me that brodie is gonna be like mcnab out for half of every season with injury:lol:

YZILLA
12-24-2007, 11:50 AM
I had hopes that Brodie would do well, Guess Huard wasnt that bad afterall. We had better production overall with Huard this season. Bet we are shopping for a QB in the offseason. Neither QB we have should be considered anything but a back up as far as I am Concerned. Was Thigpen Hurt Sunday ? I heard on 101 the Fox that Sippio was our emergency QB for yesterdays game.

Guru
12-24-2007, 12:12 PM
Based on these first few posts, you guy would have dumped Manning after his first year.

greg3564
12-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Based on these first few posts, you guy would have dumped Manning after his first year.

No kidding! Guys, he's played all of a few games in his first year as starter. Do you honestly expect him to go in and perform miracles? I never thought he would save our season. I knew when he finally started the season was over. I just wanted to get him some playing time. He has the same terrible line that kept Huard on the ground all season. Wasting any pick in the draft would cement Carls stupidity. Stick with Croyle and I really think he will get better. He needs help up front and time.

luv
12-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Exactly. Was he going to save the season and win every game? No. Has he been developing and learning? Yes. He's learning to throw the ball away when pressured, he's learning how to hit our receivers, his release is good, he remains composed. Yes, he made a mistake yesterday. How many times did Huard get sacked? Nothing against Huard. I'm just saying his release is slower than Croyle's. With our Oline, you've got to get the ball out of your hands. I think that Croyle will continue to improve once we get a few new Olinemen. Poor guy, everyone wants him in to see what he can do, but are ready to discard him just because he hasn't won and makes mistakes. I believe someone else said it. Time. Everyone wants everything right now. Can't say I blame people, but geesh!

Three7s
12-24-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm not worried as much about his mistakes, rather than his ability to stay healthy. I know it would be easier for him with a better O-line, but still come on.

stlchief
12-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Croyle has skills - no one disputed that. But after some starts, he is still making stupid decisions. I don't think time will fix that.

But, I am sure he will be our starter next year. Hopefully the line will improve. If they do, we should do better, but I don't think he will take us to the play-offs. Bad decisions kill a team more than a slow release...

That said, I think we should give Croyle next season -- another in the rebuilding process -- to prove himself. I'll support him and the Chiefs that long.

Then if he has not improved, I'll still support the Chiefs...

luv
12-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Croyle has skills - no one disputed that. But after some starts, he is still making stupid decisions. I don't think time will fix that.

But, I am sure he will be our starter next year. Hopefully the line will improve. If they do, we should do better, but I don't think he will take us to the play-offs. Bad decisions kill a team more than a slow release...

That said, I think we should give Croyle next season -- another in the rebuilding process -- to prove himself. I'll support him and the Chiefs that long.

What stupid mistake has he made more than once? Or more than just a very few times?

Not trying to argue. I want to know more about what to look for when I watch.

greg3564
12-24-2007, 02:26 PM

First years-

John Elway Comp% 47.5, TD 7, INT 14
Peyton Manning Comp% 56.7, TD 26, INT 28
Terry Bradshaw Comp% 38.1, TD 4, INT 24
Rich Gannon Comp% 52.1, TD 16, INT 16
Jeff Garcia Comp% 60.0, TD 11, INT 11
Warren Moon Comp% 57.6, TD 12, INT 14
Phil Simms Comp% 50.6, TD 13, INT 14
Steve Young Comp% 52.2, TD 3, INT 8
Troy Aikman Comp% 52.9, TD 9, INT 18

All these great QBs had pretty rough starts. Had they not been given another year or two, we would never have ever heard of them. There have only been a handful of great QBs that can come out of college and start playing at the NFL level right away.

And what exactly does Croyle have to work with? Bowe and Gonzales. Both of whom draw the best coverage a defense can give. That leaves old man Kennison(and he wasn't even there for the first half of the season), Sammie "I like to drop footballs" Parker and an unproven Jeff Webb.

Guru
12-24-2007, 02:38 PM

manning made 28 stupid decisions in his rookie year. Get off your high horse man.

luv
12-24-2007, 02:50 PM
First years-

John Elway Comp% 47.5, TD 7, INT 14
Peyton Manning Comp% 56.7, TD 26, INT 28
Terry Bradshaw Comp% 38.1, TD 4, INT 24
Rich Gannon Comp% 52.1, TD 16, INT 16
Jeff Garcia Comp% 60.0, TD 11, INT 11
Warren Moon Comp% 57.6, TD 12, INT 14
Phil Simms Comp% 50.6, TD 13, INT 14
Steve Young Comp% 52.2, TD 3, INT 8
Troy Aikman Comp% 52.9, TD 9, INT 18

All these great QBs had pretty rough starts. Had they not been given another year or two, we would never have ever heard of them. There have only been a handful of great QBs that can come out of college and start playing at the NFL level right away.

And what exactly does Croyle have to work with? Bowe and Gonzales. Both of whom draw the best coverage a defense can give. That leaves old man Kennison(and he wasn't even there for the first half of the season), Sammie "I like to drop footballs" Parker and an unproven Jeff Webb.
Webb did make a catch where he made sure to plant both feet before stepping out of bounds. He's learning too.

Pro_Angler
12-24-2007, 03:37 PM
nO ONE SAID bRODIE WAS GOING TO SAVE THE SEASON GET OVER YOUR SELF. tHIS IS HIS FIRST SEMI STARTING YEAR. wITH THE o-LINE IN THERE THERE ISNT A qb IN THE LEAGUE THAT WOULD HAVE DONE MUCH BETTER.

Guru
12-24-2007, 03:57 PM
nO ONE SAID bRODIE WAS GOING TO SAVE THE SEASON GET OVER YOUR SELF. tHIS IS HIS FIRST SEMI STARTING YEAR. wITH THE o-LINE IN THERE THERE ISNT A qb IN THE LEAGUE THAT WOULD HAVE DONE MUCH BETTER.

Turn off your caps lock will ya.:D

texaschief
12-24-2007, 04:05 PM

this is exactly why he should've been the starter from day one. Now that we're gonna have a top 5 or 10 draft pick, we would have better knowledge as to what Brodie is capable of. Then we could make a better decision about whether to take a QB or OL.... Jake Long will be tough to pass on....but so will Matt Ryan.

Guru
12-24-2007, 04:47 PM
this is exactly why he should've been the starter from day one. Now that we're gonna have a top 5 or 10 draft pick, we would have better knowledge as to what Brodie is capable of. Then we could make a better decision about whether to take a QB or OL.... Jake Long will be tough to pass on....but so will Matt Ryan.

Easy decision. Long.

McLovin
12-24-2007, 05:03 PM
I personally would have liked to see Huard out sooner, but with this O-Line if Croyle would have been in from day 1 he prolly would have been on IR already and then everyone would be wanting to throw him under the bus. His injuries worry me some but dont know if that is that he is fragile or that Herm is an idiot and the O-Line is pathetic. My guess is that Bruce Willis in unbreakable would have been injured behind this line, look how many times Huard has been hurt this year.

I think this was a good start to a career from Croyle, but also think it is too early to tell whether or not he will be any good. He seems to make good decisions and has a strong arm and a quick release, if this O-Line doesn't scare him like Carr got scared in Houston, Croyle could be really good if not great.

tornadospotter
12-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Lets see, J.A. can play DE, J.A can play TE, can Jared play QB?

tornadospotter
12-24-2007, 07:35 PM
I think Brodie will keep improving, I am concerned about his survival! If we don't get some major improvements on the O-line, no Qb is going to survive a full season.

hermhater
12-24-2007, 09:06 PM
I have read this thread, and not heard much about the terrible play calling all season? That has as much, if not more effect on a QB's ability to have a good season, as the poor O line.

I respect how he went after the guy who was running back one of his interceptions, but why a QB would run into a PACK of blockers to get to the ball carrier is beyond me.

No QB would have good, or even decent, numbers with the combo of the O line and this terrible play calling.

Merry Christmas everyone!

YZILLA
12-24-2007, 09:58 PM
I knew I should have just stayed out of this thread and kept my posts to non-chiefs issues-lol It always bites me in the *** when I speak up . Anyways ... merry Christmas everyone or happy holidays to those who dont celebrate christmas !

Chiefster
12-24-2007, 11:14 PM

I never believed that he was going to save the season, but I did think that by starting him it was an excellent opportunity to develop him for the future.

PawnshopMarimba
12-25-2007, 09:37 AM
I guess the one good thing about having a crummy O-Line this season was that it forced Brodie to learn to be composed in the pocket.

Keep the faith people. Brodie hasn't been THAT bad, considering the circumstances. If you refuse to believe that he's improved at all this season, simply go back and watch one of the pre-season games.

hermhater
12-26-2007, 02:26 AM
I guess the one good thing about having a crummy O-Line this season was that it forced Brodie to learn to be composed in the pocket.

I disagree, it has made him scared.

But I don't blame him.

Keep the faith people. Brodie hasn't been THAT bad, considering the circumstances. If you refuse to believe that he's improved at all this season, simply go back and watch one of the pre-season games.

If I could go back and watch one of his preseason games, then I would have the power of a god...

If that were the case, then I would also change the outcome of several games this season!

:lol:

wolfpack
12-26-2007, 10:20 AM
i just wish he had an o-line to protect him. some of his throws i wonder about but he`s young. the o-line is bad but his three biggest problems are,,,,,,, Herminator the offensive terminator,his lapdog Solari and curly.

Canada
12-26-2007, 10:21 AM
i just wish he had an o-line to protect him. some of his throws i wonder about but he`s young. the o-line is bad but his three biggest problems are,,,,,,, Herminator the offensive terminator,his lapdog Solari and curly.

:lol: :bananen_smilies046:

IlovetheChiefs
12-26-2007, 11:58 AM
"Herm says Croyle will be No. 1 quarterback in 2008" said the KC Star a couple days ago.

I think that's our best bet. Go with Brodie in '08. As pointed out in this thread, he's had good moments, has a good arm, and is still very young and just a rookie. Don't give up on him yet. He still may be our QB of the future. His experience from playing the second half this year, combined with (hopefully) improving our blocking for him in the next draft, also shape my opinion in favor of sticking with Brodie next year. Go Croyle!

PawnshopMarimba
12-26-2007, 07:08 PM
If I could go back and watch one of his preseason games, then I would have the power of a god...

...or the power of a VCR or TiVo ;-)

hermhater
12-26-2007, 07:11 PM
...or the power of a VCR or TiVo ;-)

Exactly my point.

I didn't get my capture card until this terrible losing streak started.

Now I have a stack of Chiefs losses next to me, and no desire to watch any of them.

I will jump on the superstition bandwagon, and say that since I have been recording the games the Chiefs haven't won.

But then 3 weeks ago Comcast (I hate them) decided they didn't care if I have cable anymore, so I haven't been able to record them.

I guess the recording superstition doesn't hold water. :D