PDA

View Full Version : KC Kings and Scouts

IlovetheChiefs
12-24-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm sure a lot of you remember the NBA Kings and NHL Scouts from the 70's (and into early 80's for the Kings). Been a long time since Kansas City had an NBA or NHL team. I was just reading that the new Sprint Arena may attract interest in a basketball and/or hockey team in K.C. in the future. I'd like to see that happen. But I hate when teams relocate from another city, so I hope it happens in the form of expansion clubs.

I don't like hockey too much but do like basketball. But it'd be cool for Kansas City to have teams from all 4 of the NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL.

Canada
12-24-2007, 08:29 PM
I'm sure a lot of you remember the NBA Kings and NHL Scouts from the 70's (and into early 80's for the Kings). Been a long time since Kansas City had an NBA or NHL team. I was just reading that the new Sprint Arena may attract interest in a basketball and/or hockey team in K.C. in the future. I'd like to see that happen. But I hate when teams relocate from another city, so I hope it happens in the form of expansion clubs.

I don't like hockey too much but do like basketball. But it'd be cool for Kansas City to have teams from all 4 of the NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL.

There was a lot of talk about the Pittsburg Penguins moving to KC, but then Mario Lemieux saved them (financially) Gotta love them Canadian boys eh!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
12-24-2007, 08:47 PM
There's not enough support in KC for a hockey team.

NBA on the other hand would be a smash hit!

Bring it on!

IlovetheChiefs
12-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Yeah let some of the great talent that comes from the Jayhawks every year get to stay in the area!

hermhater
12-24-2007, 08:52 PM
If the Kings hadn't stunk so bad in KC they probably would have stayed.

Of course having the roof collapse on Kemper Arena didn't help much either!

My Grandma was a security guard there the night that it happened!

IlovetheChiefs
12-24-2007, 09:06 PM
If the Kings hadn't stunk so bad in KC they probably would have stayed.

Of course having the roof collapse on Kemper Arena didn't help much either!

My Grandma was a security guard there the night that it happened!

Yikes! Well I just looked up Kemper Arena and good thing it said, "Since the Arena was not in use at the time, no one was injured." But security (including your grandma, yikes!) was there nonetheless, of course, so still, WHEW! By the way, did you mean to say grandPA? :)

And the Kings did have mostly bad years but they did have one of the really greats, Nate Archibald.

hermhater
12-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Yikes! Well I just looked up Kemper Arena and good thing it said, "Since the Arena was not in use at the time, no one was injured." But security (including your grandma, yikes!) was there nonetheless, of course, so still, WHEW! By the way, did you mean to say grandPA? :)

And the Kings did have mostly bad years but they did have one of the really greats, Nate Archibald.

Nope I meant my GrandMA!!!

She had just taken her hourly rounds inside the arena itself and was walking back to the security desk when she heard a huge crash!!!

She worked 5 jobs after Grandpa died to take care of my mom, 3 aunts, and uncle!

She was a hell of a woman!

IlovetheChiefs
12-24-2007, 09:13 PM

She had just taken her hourly rounds inside the arena itself and was walking back to the security desk when she heard a huge crash!!!

She worked 5 jobs after Grandpa died to take care of my mom, 3 aunts, and uncle!

God was looking out for her that night. And He knew that her family on earth needed her here. She sounds like a real QUEEN who worked at the KINGS arena. :)

hermhater
12-24-2007, 09:17 PM
God was looking out for her that night. And He knew that her family on earth needed her here. She sounds like a real QUEEN who worked at the KINGS arena. :)

Yep, she was!

Merry Christmas Grandma!!!

prough91
12-24-2007, 11:35 PM

Does she need a boyfriend?

hermhater
12-25-2007, 12:15 AM
Does she need a boyfriend?

I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that about my saint of a DEAD grandma...

:sign0153:

prough91
12-25-2007, 01:05 AM
I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that about my saint of a DEAD grandma...

:sign0153:

Make me feel like crap. Sorry, brother, I didn't know she had passed on.

hermhater
12-25-2007, 01:07 AM
Make me feel like crap. Sorry, brother, I didn't know she had passed on.

I think you're a classy guy, so I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

I figured you hadn't read that she "was" a great woman.

Forgiven.

Merry Christmas!

prough91
12-25-2007, 01:20 AM
I think you're a classy guy, so I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

I figured you hadn't read that she "was" a great woman.

Forgiven.

Merry Christmas!

I didn't see the bottom line. I just read the part about how hard she worked and everything. I tend to kind of "skim" the posts when I have a bunch to read. Merry Christmas to you too.

hermhater
12-25-2007, 01:36 AM
I didn't see the bottom line. I just read the part about how hard she worked and everything. I tend to kind of "skim" the posts when I have a bunch to read. Merry Christmas to you too.

At one point or another, we have all suffered from the ol' foot in mouth disease!

:lol:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/12/230.jpg

:D