PDA

View Full Version : Croyle likely to start in 2008

bighitstick
12-26-2007, 06:12 PM
The kid has a cannon for an arm….let’s hope he develops in the off-season

http://www.sportsultra.com/nfl/player/brodie_croyle/522/news.jsp?cp=f&a=30

Guru
12-26-2007, 06:24 PM
he damn well better be the starter. If we even consider Huard again I will scream.

hermhater
12-26-2007, 06:36 PM
The issue isn't with Huard being the starter, it seems from the comments posted after the article bighitstick posted, that Chiefs fans are looking for us to pick up another QB in the draft.

Guru
12-26-2007, 06:49 PM
That is a waste of a draft pick then. We need to bolter the line and find a CB first. If they can get another Tom Brady in the 6 slot then fine.

PawnshopMarimba
12-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Correct. If ANYONE besides a CB and an OL is drafted in the first three rounds, I'm going to be ticked off.

hermhater
12-26-2007, 07:15 PM
That is a waste of a draft pick then. We need to bolter the line and find a CB first. If they can get another Tom Brady in the 6 slot then fine.

Yep...

Correct. If ANYONE besides a CB and an OL is drafted in the first three rounds, I'm going to be ticked off.

...and Yep!

With this terrible losing streak we should be able to get an outstanding O lineman, and a pretty good corner.

Let's see how bad Herm can screw up this draft.

:mob:

Chiefster
12-26-2007, 07:23 PM
he damn well better be the starter. If we even consider Huard again I will scream.

...And you don't want to hear Guru scream! :11:

luv
12-26-2007, 07:32 PM
...And you don't want to hear Guru scream! :11:
I've never heard him really even raise his voice.

IlovetheChiefs
12-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Yes as I said on another thread today, I think Brodie as our starter in '08 is our best bet to go with. Don't give up on him yet, he may well become great.

By the way, when I've talked football with Philly fans here and we talk about the trouble the Chiefs are having, a lot of them say it's because Larry Johnson got injured. Now I know these folks don't follow the Chiefs enough to be equipped to engage in a hardcore Chiefs discussion (for example, hardly any Philly fan I've talked to even knows Brodie Croyle has been the Chiefs starter!) but that does seem to be a valid point. I know there's other factors for our 8 game losing streak, but don't you think it is true that had LJ not got injured we would have pulled out some of these close games, like Oakland, Indi, Tennessee and Detroit?

hermhater
12-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Yes as I said on another thread today, I think Brodie as our starter in '08 is our best bet to go with. Don't give up on him yet, he may well become great.

By the way, when I've talked football with Philly fans here and we talk about the trouble the Chiefs are having, a lot of them say it's because Larry Johnson got injured. Now I know these folks don't follow the Chiefs enough to be equipped to engage in a hardcore Chiefs discussion (for example, hardly any Philly fan I've talked to even knows Brodie Croyle has been the Chiefs starter!) but that does seem to be a valid point. I know there's other factors for our 8 game losing streak, but don't you think it is true that had LJ not got injured we would have pulled out some of these close games, like Oakland, Indi, Tennessee and Detroit?

Honestly, I don't think it would have mattered.

I actually think Kolby has had a pretty good year, and has ran better than LJ behind this line.

LJ has been pissed off at Herm since the beginning of the season, and never really got his mind into the games.

Chiefster
12-26-2007, 09:31 PM

Heh! Me either, but I'll just bet that you don't want to hear him scream. :D

IlovetheChiefs
12-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Honestly, I don't think it would have mattered.

I actually think Kolby has had a pretty good year, and has ran better than LJ behind this line.

LJ has been pissed off at Herm since the beginning of the season, and never really got his mind into the games.

Yes I think Kolby is pretty good and will be good. I guess I (and the Philly fans) are going by LJ's outstanding years in 2005 and 2006. But I guess the offensive line really has declined that significantly and that's what needs to be kept in mind.

for ever red
12-26-2007, 10:26 PM
I dont want to dog on LJ, but i just didnt see the hard hitting running with a chip on his shoulder that we had seen in the past.It was like I`m the man now and I dont have to earn it any more.Kolby looks like he wants the job more then LJ. An stay with Coryle look was happen to the QB in Denver untill they play threw these growing pains we will not know if you let a all pro go...

hermhater
12-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Heh! Me either, but I'll just bet that you don't want to hear him scream. :D

I tried to find the post where Guru yelled "DON"T YOU DARE!" to prough91, but it seems it has been deleted...

Interesting...

prough91
12-26-2007, 11:55 PM
I tried to find the post where Guru yelled "DON"T YOU DARE!" to prough91, but it seems it has been deleted...

Interesting...

I tend to bring out the best in people.

Chiefster
12-27-2007, 01:16 PM
I tend to bring out the best in people.

One must go with ones strengths.

hermhater
12-28-2007, 03:50 AM
One must go with ones strengths.

As we all do!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/12/256.jpg

:D

Guru
12-28-2007, 04:34 AM
You would have heard it if I had stuck around for that Houston debacle.

texaschief
12-28-2007, 04:43 AM
If there were some stand out QBs this year, i'd say draft one early, but Matt Ryan? Really? If he's the best in the draft, i'd pass. He's Brodie Croyle's clone. If we were lookin at a Vince Young or Matt Leinart or Tim Tebow, i'd say hell yeah!! But not with these guys this year. Perhaps we could stick with Croyle until Tebow comes out and trade to get him.....perhaps. Tebow is the next great thing....count on it.

Guru
12-28-2007, 04:59 AM
If there were some stand out QBs this year, i'd say draft one early, but Matt Ryan? Really? If he's the best in the draft, i'd pass. He's Brodie Croyle's clone. If we were lookin at a Vince Young or Matt Leinart or Tim Tebow, i'd say hell yeah!! But not with these guys this year. Perhaps we could stick with Croyle until Tebow comes out and trade to get him.....perhaps. Tebow is the next great thing....count on it.

Imagine the hold out we would be in for if we drafted a QB with the first pick.

texaschief
12-28-2007, 05:01 AM
Imagine the hold out we would be in for if we drafted a QB with the first pick.

I don't think there will be much of one honestly. Our new GM won't allow it. I've said it before and i'll say it again....Carl is gone.

Guru
12-28-2007, 05:44 AM
I don't think there will be much of one honestly. Our new GM won't allow it. I've said it before and i'll say it again....Carl is gone.

I think there will be a hold out either way. AS a young QB coming into the league, would you want to play behind our O-line?

Chiefster
12-28-2007, 09:13 AM
I think there will be a hold out either way. AS a young QB coming into the league, would you want to play behind our O-line?

Good question; in light of how things went for LJ this season I wish he was still holding out.

Hayvern
12-28-2007, 08:44 PM

That is the key to it all. No one can tell you how good Croyle can be in a game at this point because everytime he touches the ball, he is smacked around.

Truthfully, I think neither Huard nor Croyle look forward to a sunday morning. They are not coached well, not prepared well, and everyone in the trenches around them are dealing with the same deficiencies. You have a couple of stand outs, Gonzales because basically Edwards has not had a chance to ruin him, and Bowe because Edwards has not had a chance to ruin him either.

I think Croyle can play, he needs some protection and some time to allow those weapons to get open for him.

Chiefster
12-28-2007, 10:13 PM
That is the key to it all. No one can tell you how good Croyle can be in a game at this point because everytime he touches the ball, he is smacked around.

Truthfully, I think neither Huard nor Croyle look forward to a sunday morning. They are not coached well, not prepared well, and everyone in the trenches around them are dealing with the same deficiencies. You have a couple of stand outs, Gonzales because basically Edwards has not had a chance to ruin him, and Bowe because Edwards has not had a chance to ruin him either.

I think Croyle can play, he needs some protection and some time to allow those weapons to get open for him.

Agreed!

prough91
12-28-2007, 11:30 PM
It looks like Croyle is forcing the ball sometimes because he don't have the time, where if he had another second the play would be fully developed.