PDA

View Full Version : Pats and Giants on free tv

IlovetheChiefs
12-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Breaking news: Saturday night's game between the Patriots and Giants on NFL Network will be simulcast on CBS and NBC, so everyone in the country will get to see it (unless they don't have a tv or their power is out, of course).

I hope the Pats lose and fail to achieve the 16-0!

The Pats are 14 and a half point road favorites against the Giants? Too high again. And they'll fail to cover that bloated spread once again. Such exaggerated spreads tick off the teams the Pats play and that will help the Giants. But losing the game outright is a different story, of course.

Guru
12-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Now the entire country will be exposed to the idiot known as Gryant Bumble.

Chiefster
12-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Now the entire country will be exposed to the idiot known as Gryant Bumble.

You're being kind.

hermhater
12-26-2007, 07:08 PM
3/4 of the time Gumbel doesn't even know what down it is, or which players are on the field.

I can't stand that guy.

Collinsworth I like though.

prough91
12-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Breaking news: Saturday night's game between the Patriots and Giants on NFL Network will be simulcast on CBS and NBC, so everyone in the country will get to see it (unless they don't have a tv or their power is out, of course).

I hope the Pats lose and fail to achieve the 16-0!

The Pats are 14 and a half point road favorites against the Giants? Too high again. And they'll fail to cover that bloated spread once again. Such exaggerated spreads tick off the teams the Pats play and that will help the Giants. But losing the game outright is a different story, of course.

How come?

IlovetheChiefs
12-26-2007, 10:10 PM
How come?

Well I don't care for Belichick and am tired of the Patriots this decade. I respect and acknowledge them as a great team but my desire would be for them to go down.

Just like in the NFC I respect that the Cowboys have a great team this year but I've never liked them, they've had enough glory over the years, and I don't want to see T.O. (again, a talented receiver but an *** of a person) get the satisfaction of a ring.

Ugh, what if it's Dallas and New England in the Super Bowl? PLEASE no!!

I'm also a traditionalist so I'd like to see Miami keep the '72 perfect season achievement. But the Kansas City Chiefs can feel free to have a perfect season by all means!

prough91
12-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Well I don't care for Belichick and am tired of the Patriots this decade. I respect and acknowledge them as a great team but my desire would be for them to go down.

Just like in the NFC I respect that the Cowboys have a great team this year but I've never liked them, they've had enough glory over the years, and I don't want to see T.O. (again, a talented receiver but an *** of a person) get the satisfaction of a ring.

Ugh, what if it's Dallas and New England in the Super Bowl? PLEASE no!!

I'm also a traditionalist so I'd like to see Miami keep the '72 perfect season achievement. But the Kansas City Chiefs can feel free to have a perfect season by all means!

Good reasons, but for some reason, I don't know why, I have a deep seated hatred for Miami. I just want to see them go down. Plus, It's a once in a lifetime record to see.

hermhater
12-26-2007, 11:56 PM
Good reasons, but for some reason, I don't know why, I have a deep seated hatred for Miami. I just want to see them go down. Plus, It's a once in a lifetime record to see.

Because they beat us in triple OT in the longest game ever played up to the time.

McLovin
12-27-2007, 12:13 AM
First this is the Chiefs timeslot, it worthless or not this was the only game anything other then early or afternoon slot for the Chiefs this year, now they take it and give it to the PATS, if this was STL, KC, or Cincy going undefeated there wouldnt be a big deal made about it, but it isnt it is another New England team this one just happens to have the New England name, and since so many channels have their offices there then they think everyone in the country wants to see this crap.

I too hope the Giants beat the Pats, and not by 3 points but beat the snot out of them. I want to see Brady cry, I want to see Bellabit** shown for the a$$ he is and I want to stop hearing about the damn Pats, we get it already they have a good team.

Get the Red Sox to go undefeated in Baseball and I will watch the last game of the year, but this I could care less. The only reason I would turn this game on is if I heard that Eli Whining was wiping up the field with them.

Guru
12-27-2007, 12:21 AM

Dude, we have to be related some how.

Guru
12-27-2007, 12:22 AM
First this is the Chiefs timeslot, it worthless or not this was the only game anything other then early or afternoon slot for the Chiefs this year, now they take it and give it to the PATS, if this was STL, KC, or Cincy going undefeated there wouldnt be a big deal made about it, but it isnt it is another New England team this one just happens to have the New England name, and since so many channels have their offices there then they think everyone in the country wants to see this crap.

I too hope the Giants beat the Pats, and not by 3 points but beat the snot out of them. I want to see Brady cry, I want to see Bellabit** shown for the a$$ he is and I want to stop hearing about the damn Pats, we get it already they have a good team.

Get the Red Sox to go undefeated in Baseball and I will watch the last game of the year, but this I could care less. The only reason I would turn this game on is if I heard that Eli Whining was wiping up the field with them.
The Chiefs were playing Sunday NIGHT not Saturday night. The Pats were always in this slot.

McLovin
12-27-2007, 12:24 AM
The Chiefs were playing Sunday NIGHT not Saturday night. The Pats were always in this slot.

Ok so again my hatred of the Pats and my love of the Chiefs has blurred my vision.

hermhater
12-27-2007, 12:26 AM
Ok so again my hatred of the Pats and my love of the Chiefs has blurred my vision.

It happens to the best of us.

I don't hate the Pats though.

I wish we had their style of football in KC.

Guru
12-27-2007, 12:26 AM
Thats OK. We forgive ya.:D

Chiefster
12-27-2007, 12:31 AM
It happens to the best of us.

I don't hate the Pats though.

I wish we had their style of football in KC.

Carl will never allow it.

hermhater
12-27-2007, 12:58 AM

And that is another reason we need to get rid of Carl.

:mob:

Guru
12-27-2007, 12:59 AM
Nor Herm. It is arena football.

prough91
12-27-2007, 01:00 AM

Who would want a well oiled machine of excellent athletes in Arrowhead?

spiman
12-27-2007, 01:01 AM
$$$$$$ And you don't have a bet 4.........

hermhater
12-27-2007, 01:03 AM
Nor Herm. It is arena football.

I am still dumbfounded by Herm's offensive philosophy.

How could any coach in the NFL not want to score points every time the Offense is on the field?

I still can't wrap my head around what he is trying to teach our players.

I hope TG has enough of this crap and calls him out in the offseason.

I believe he is the only player on the team left, that still has enough clout to get him canned.

Canada
12-27-2007, 07:47 AM
I am still dumbfounded by Herm's offensive philosophy.

How could any coach in the NFL not want to score points every time the Offense is on the field?

I still can't wrap my head around what he is trying to teach our players.

I hope TG has enough of this crap and calls him out in the offseason.

I believe he is the only player on the team left, that still has enough clout to get him canned.

When did Herm get an offensive philosophy?? Or do you just mean that his philosophy about scoring is offensive.

hermhater
12-27-2007, 08:55 PM
When did Herm get an offensive philosophy?? Or do you just mean that his philosophy about scoring is offensive.

What you said!

IlovetheChiefs
12-29-2007, 01:28 PM
Good one Canada!

And I mentioned in another thread how the Philly metro sports section played this week's games on Madden '08 and had the Jets defeating the Chiefs 19-7. Well for this game they have the Giants over New England 27-20. That's an impressive feat right there, actually!

The New York Post says, "The Giants have a fearsome foursome that prides itself on harassing the quarterback. Big Blue needs to understand that it doesn't necessarily have to sack Brady - but hurry him, harass him, hound him, hit him."

Yeah while the Patriots are probably going to win, it'll be interesting to see whether the Giants d line can at least challenge and pressure Brady, something most teams rarely are able to do.

Chiefster
12-29-2007, 01:41 PM
What you said!

What he said Canada said.

prough91
12-29-2007, 02:32 PM
I was soooo looking forward to the game tonight. I rented the UFC fight and thought it was on Friday. Then realized it was tonight. At least I might be able to catch the first half.

for ever red
12-29-2007, 02:51 PM
:mob: The G-men were on the radio this morning and saying they are sick of hearing about how good the offence is for New England.......go BIG BLUE

IlovetheChiefs
12-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Off the topic here but thought this was a funny line in the Philly metro about the 76ers basketball team not getting much fan support. It says the noise has been a little louder than a library. Good one!

hermhater
12-29-2007, 03:47 PM
I was soooo looking forward to the game tonight. My buddy rented the UFC fight and is coming over to watch it at my house and thought it was on Friday. Then realized it was tonight. At least I might be able to catch the first half.

FYP!

:bananen_smilies046::lol:

IlovetheChiefs
12-29-2007, 11:35 PM
Good game. Giants had em' for a while at 28-16. Pats are just to darn good. Frustrating though how often the Pats convert on those immediate quick short passes after the hike. It's like how are you supposed to go from being lined up to covering the receiver in less than one second.

The game tomorrow at the Meadowlands will be even better, though. JUST BECAUSE the Chiefs will be on the field, yeah baby! :)

hermhater
01-01-2008, 05:20 AM
That game sucked.

Perhaps we can get a new leader like Belicheck.

That would be nice to have a system that works.