PDA

View Full Version : Change at QB!

Coach
02-27-2007, 07:35 PM
With the news of the Chiefs resigning Huard and asking Green to take a pay cut, it sounds like we will have a changing of the guard. I'm guessing that I'm in the minority here, but I am OK with the change. I'd love to be able to keep Green. But I'd rather have Huard start the season. If he stinks it up, then we can go back to Green. What do you guys think?????? Here is the full story:
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=173&Itemid=2

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

wolfpack
02-27-2007, 07:54 PM
i think huard was a 8 game wonder. he has never shown in the past that he is "the man" for any team. green seemed to do alright with dickie`s offense but i dont think he can do as good under boringball. green`s salary willbe a hit on the cap now or june 1st.
i

Chiefster
02-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Well, I'd kinda like to keep Green as starting QB, until it is aparent that he is unable to do the job. Huard is a decent backup, and I don't believe any QB will do great with hermie ball

Coach
02-28-2007, 12:32 AM
You guys are probably right about keeing Green at QB. Hopefully we can keep him signed as well. But, I just wonder if we have something special sitting on the sidelines. I don't see Green as the long term solution. He has contemplated retirement in the past.

It just seems that this team isn't one year away from a superbowl. So why not put the kid in and let him learn and also see what you got. We're going to have to make some decisions regarding Croyle at some point as well. How do you decide what to do with Croyle if you don't know what you've got with Huard.

LJ is young. Tony G has some years left. I'd love to see us get a bonafide #1 WR to complete this threat. Insert a young Qb and we have some staying power on offense.

Let Herm work his magic on D. Then maybe in a couple of years we can threaten to win our division again.

Chiefster
02-28-2007, 01:35 AM
You guys are probably right about keeing Green at QB. Hopefully we can keep him signed as well. But, I just wonder if we have something special sitting on the sidelines. I don't see Green as the long term solution. He has contemplated retirement in the past.

It just seems that this team isn't one year away from a superbowl. So why not put the kid in and let him learn and also see what you got. We're going to have to make some decisions regarding Croyle at some point as well. How do you decide what to do with Croyle if you don't know what you've got with Huard.

LJ is young. Tony G has some years left. I'd love to see us get a bonafide #1 WR to complete this threat. Insert a young Qb and we have some staying power on offense.

Let Herm work his magic on D. Then maybe in a couple of years we can threaten to win our division again.

Sounds like a plan to me. :)

Guru
02-28-2007, 03:00 AM

If we don't fix that line, no one will be a great QB for us.

kenny1937
02-28-2007, 03:06 AM

It is a thought, Coach, unless some major changes in the offense line happens, I don't see Green lasting, He took some major hits, and on a aging QB they begin to add up. The youngster may be more mobile, I don't know, but if he is the future, it wouldn't hurt to see what he is made out of. I agree with the rest of your assessments, we are at the stage where we will either improve, or sink in the sea of mediocrity, with just an average team.

:sterb200: :sterb200:

Coach
02-28-2007, 09:52 AM
If I were going to sum up the last 7 years of Chiefs football, I think mediocrity would be a good word to describe it. Maybe even longer than that.

If this isn't a sign and trade deal, I think Green is gone. We are now paying almost $11 million/yr to QB's. Seems excessive when you don't even know who the #1 QB is.

Chiefster
02-28-2007, 12:02 PM
If we don't fix that line, no one will be a great QB for us.

Excellent point; that, IMO, needs to be the drafts number one concern.

Chiefster
02-28-2007, 12:07 PM
If I were going to sum up the last 7 years of Chiefs football, I think mediocrity would be a good word to describe it. Maybe even longer than that.

If this isn't a sign and trade deal, I think Green is gone. We are now paying almost $11 million/yr to QB's. Seems excessive when you don't even know who the #1 QB is.

At some point I would really like to see what Croyle can do.

kenny1937
02-28-2007, 05:36 PM

Exactly right, that is way to much, we need to fix some things, but it seems that the right things doesn't seem to get fixed, sigh!!

:scooter: :scooter: :scooter:

Chiefster
02-28-2007, 06:32 PM
Exactly right, that is way to much, we need to fix some things, but it seems that the right things doesn't seem to get fixed, sigh!!

:scooter: :scooter: :scooter:

Like maybe who the Gm is.

khosier
03-01-2007, 04:32 PM
It just seems that this team isn't one year away from a superbowl. So why not put the kid in and let him learn and also see what you got
What kid?? Hurd is 33. he hasn't been able to hold starting jobs with other teams that gave him chances. i think you keep Green and get a reciever that can strech the field, there are some good free agents. but then Herm would have to let him throw it...... remember Green's stats are in the top 5 in the league up until last season. was it Green or the coach? or the line?

Coach
03-01-2007, 04:46 PM
What kid?? Hurd is 33. he hasn't been able to hold starting jobs with other teams that gave him chances. i think you keep Green and get a reciever that can strech the field, there are some good free agents. but then Herm would have to let him throw it...... remember Green's stats are in the top 5 in the league up until last season. was it Green or the coach? or the line?

Good points. Who are the big name WR's FA's that you mention?

khosier
03-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Good points. Who are the big name WR's FA's that you mention?
the top 2 are Donte Stallworth from the Eagles and Kevin Curtis from the Rams... they both can fly... but i don't see Herm wanting to strech the field.

Coach
03-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Neither one are the WR's I would hope for. But certainly an improvement over the scrubs we have now.

Chiefster
03-01-2007, 05:57 PM

I could be wrong, but I think the "kid" he is referring to is Croyle.

Chiefster
03-01-2007, 06:00 PM
I still believe that there are too many holes in this team, currently, to be addressed in only one season; not the least among them is the "O" line.

Chiefster
03-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Neither one are the WR's I would hope for. But certainly an improvement over the scrubs we have now.

I just heard that former Chief Joe Horn was cut by the Saints.

wolfpack
03-02-2007, 07:35 AM
Horn is getting old and banged up.Stallworth only had a couple of fair years. sign maybe Curtis and draft a young one. untill the line is fixed the qb will have to run for his life. boringball,i mean hermieball wont strech the feild much. as far as green,his good days are gone. but under dickie, he was second to none. different offense,different times.

Chiefster
03-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Horn is getting old and banged up.Stallworth only had a couple of fair years. sign maybe Curtis and draft a young one. untill the line is fixed the qb will have to run for his life. boringball,i mean hermieball wont strech the feild much. as far as green,his good days are gone. but under dickie, he was second to none. different offense,different times.

Yeah, Horn also probably comes with a price tag that the Queen wouldn't pony up for anyway; not that he should.

kenny1937
03-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Hey wolfpack, I like your phrase "boringball,i mean hermieball" wish I had said that, grin.

:1374: :character00249: :1374: :hyper:

chief31
03-02-2007, 12:03 PM
i think huard was a 8 game wonder. he has never shown in the past that he is "the man" for any team. green seemed to do alright with dickie`s offense but i dont think he can do as good under boringball. green`s salary willbe a hit on the cap now or june 1st.
i

The only other chance that Huard has been given, was in Miami. Where, even Duante Culpepper is worthless. Either way, Trent can't survive without a top-notch offensive line. He is too slow in his decision making. I'd like to see us rip-off some team by trading Trent.
Huard did what he did last season, with Jordan Black at LT. I am impressed.

Chiefster
03-03-2007, 04:39 PM
The only other chance that Huard has been given, was in Miami. Where, even Duante Culpepper is worthless. Either way, Trent can't survive without a top-notch offensive line. He is too slow in his decision making. I'd like to see us rip-off some team by trading Trent.
Huard did what he did last season, with Jordan Black at LT. I am impressed.

Well let's not also forget that when Green did come back as our number one QB the play calling got very vanilla, and many times the receivers had a bad case of the dropsies that they didn't have with Huard. I'm not saying there was a conspiricy; just pointing out that Trents off year was not intirely his fault.

wolfpack
03-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Hey wolfpack, I like your phrase "boringball,i mean hermieball" wish I had said that, grin.

:1374: :character00249: :1374: :hyper:
thats is the offense he runs. only the ravens that i can remember,lately, have won a super bowl with all deffense. just ask the bears. i want a strong "D" but i want my offenses to attack,attack and attack. this run,run,pass,punt is for loser teams. even the steelers acouple of years ago attacked with their "O".

Chiefster
03-04-2007, 09:32 AM
thats is the offense he runs. only the ravens that i can remember,lately, have won a super bowl with all deffense. just ask the bears. i want a strong "D" but i want my offenses to attack,attack and attack. this run,run,pass,punt is for loser teams. even the steelers acouple of years ago attacked with their "O".

Yeah, we've only had one year of the return of the loser offense and already I'm sick of it.

kenny1937
03-05-2007, 06:59 PM
You're sick of it, it is a full bloom epidemic with me, and the doctors have no cure for it, being a dyed in the wool Chief Fan, you just live with it.
Hey :character00247: are you going to balance the team out and make a winner out of it or not?

:wos_armee_053: :character00247: So what is it going to be!! (grin)

Chiefster
03-05-2007, 08:32 PM
You're sick of it, it is a full bloom epidemic with me, and the doctors have no cure for it, being a dyed in the wool Chief Fan, you just live with it.
Hey :character00247: are you going to balance the team out and make a winner out of it or not?

:wos_armee_053: :character00247: So what is it going to be!! (grin)

Well if I were a betting man my money would be on "not".