PDA

View Full Version : This one's kinda freaky

prough91
12-28-2007, 11:16 PM
YouTube - Freak Accident at Football Match!

hermhater
12-28-2007, 11:17 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NIKdK-T-jZM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NIKdK-T-jZM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Damn, that IS freaky!

:lol:

tammietailgator
01-01-2008, 11:26 PM
wow! a true act of God..... maybe, He can play a part in our next season

prough91
01-01-2008, 11:28 PM

I hear He's awesome at left tackle, but I really doubt we could afford Him. I heard He was going to play for the Saints anyway. Get it? Saints?

tammietailgator
01-01-2008, 11:31 PM
I hear He's awesome at left tackle, but I really doubt we could afford Him. I heard He was going to play for the Saints anyway. Get it? Saints?

Your on a roll!!!:lol:

Chiefster
01-02-2008, 12:33 AM

The only time insurance companies acknowledge His existence.

tammietailgator
01-02-2008, 12:37 AM
:lol:Not even then my friend... talk to the people in New Orleans... it wasn't God - it was Bush!

hermhater
01-02-2008, 12:41 AM
I thought we had God on our side until the Devil showed up in the form of Herm!

Were those advertisements blowing around?

They should do digital advertisements like the NFL!

prough91
01-02-2008, 12:51 AM

Just wait until you get to football hell.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii307/prough91/hermedwards.jpg

Hello, h-squared. I've been waiting for you. Bwaa ha ha ha ha ha

McLovin
01-02-2008, 12:54 AM

You ever seen someone hit by a digital sign, bad news.

hermhater
01-02-2008, 02:05 AM
Just wait until you get to football hell.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Hello, h-squared. I've been waiting for you. Bwaa ha ha ha ha ha

We as Chiefs fans are living in Hell right now.

I am not afraid of the afterlife.

hermhater
01-02-2008, 02:08 AM
You ever seen someone hit by a digital sign, bad news.

I meant the way the networks digitally impose different advertisements behind batters in baseball, and the sidelines of soccer games, arena football, etc... during the broadcast.

Never seen anyone hit by a digital sign, but I did see a guy get hit in the head (and paralyzed) by a freak gust of wind while he was directing a sign top being lowered onto it's stand.

About the same thing?

chief31
01-02-2008, 09:04 PM
I meant the way the networks digitally impose different advertisements behind batters in baseball, and the sidelines of soccer games, arena football, etc... during the broadcast.

Never seen anyone hit by a digital sign, but I did see a guy get hit in the head (and paralyzed) by a freak gust of wind while he was directing a sign top being lowered onto it's stand.

About the same thing?

But those digital images are there covering up actual signs.

hermhater
01-02-2008, 09:28 PM
But those digital images are there covering up actual signs.

Oh. I thought they used green screens or something.

That would look pretty stupid for the fans in the stadium. The advertisers would be losing a lot of eye balls if the sign wasn't there already.

chief31
01-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Oh. I thought they used green screens or something.

That would look pretty stupid for the fans in the stadium. The advertisers would be losing a lot of eye balls if the sign wasn't there already.

I hate the way they do that. If you notice a game that is on two differnt channels, usually they will have two different advertisments there.

hermhater
01-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Unless an ad is going to injure the players on the field, I could care less what it says...

chief31
01-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Unless an ad is going to injure the players on the field, I could care less what it says...
Same here. But I hate the digital image during the game. Plus, somebody paid alot to get their ad in that spot, then the league decides that it is ok to re-sell that spot.

hermhater
01-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Same here. But I hate the digital image during the game. Plus, somebody paid alot to get their ad in that spot, then the league decides that it is ok to re-sell that spot.

It is the networks that are screwing whoever paid to have their ad "really" there at the stadium.

prough91
01-02-2008, 10:17 PM
It is the networks that are screwing whoever paid to have their ad "really" there at the stadium.

There isn't really an ad there. Watch the replays, it's just a green board that fox or whoever can superimpose whatever ad they want.

hermhater
01-02-2008, 10:20 PM
There isn't really an ad there. Watch the replays, it's just a green board that fox or whoever can superimpose whatever ad they want.

Well I thought that was true, but I wasn't sure.

Read down a few posts, I think I said something about that.

What about the fans in the stadium? The advertisers don't get to reach them.

Doesn't that bother the advertisers?

prough91
01-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Well I thought that was true, but I wasn't sure.

Read down a few posts, I think I said something about that.

What about the fans in the stadium? The advertisers don't get to reach them.

Doesn't that bother the advertisers?

I've actually only seen it done on baseball and it's the one right behind homeplate plus they only do it for nationally televised games. So, millions of people see it and I doubt they're real concerned with the 40,000 or so that are at the Stadium. I notice Fox uses it mostly to tout their new shows.

hermhater
01-02-2008, 10:52 PM
I don't watch baseball very often, but that was the one advertisement that I was talking about.

prough91
01-02-2008, 11:03 PM
I don't watch baseball very often, but that was the one advertisement that I was talking about.

I never knew it wasn't really there until I was watching Sportscenter highlights of a game I had seen the night before and I was like, "Wait a minute, there were advertisements there last night."

chief31
01-03-2008, 01:40 AM

Not that I watch alot of baseball, but I have noticed on several occaisions a real banner at the game, only to see that on another channel there is a superimposed banner over it.

Cubs/Cardinals games are my primary scource.

hermhater
01-03-2008, 01:44 AM
Not that I watch alot of baseball, but I have noticed on several occaisions a real banner at the game, only to see that on another channel there is a superimposed banner over it.

Cubs/Cardinals games are my primary scource.

That's too bad!

:D