PDA

View Full Version : Just heard on ESPN...

Chiefster
02-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Miami showing interest in Trent.

kenny1937
02-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Miami showing interest in Trent.

Why not, given adequate protection, he is a winner.

:Tomcat: :rock_dj:

wolfpack
02-28-2007, 05:59 PM
maybe we can tradeut the salary cap hit maybe to big for this.

Chiefster
02-28-2007, 06:30 PM
maybe we can tradeut the salary cap hit maybe to big for this.

Yeah, a trade is what they were talking about; sorry I didn't mention that in the thread starter.

chiefs27
02-28-2007, 06:33 PM
i think we need to get rid of green or huard since we need the salary money. we already signed huard so trade green. i do think that we need some offensive lineman but the biggest need is at WR. kennison who is our biggest WR threat is getting

Chiefster
02-28-2007, 06:36 PM
i think we need to get rid of green or huard since we need the salary money. we already signed huard so trade green. i do think that we need some offensive lineman but the biggest need is at WR. kennison who is our biggest WR threat is getting
...old?

Chiefster
02-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Why not, given adequate protection, he is a winner.

:Tomcat: :rock_dj:
So true!

Coach
03-01-2007, 04:48 PM
I agree o-line and wr need to be addressed.

Chiefster
03-01-2007, 06:03 PM
I agree o-line and wr need to be addressed.

Exactly, as I stated in another thread, I'm thinking that the holes that need filled on this team can not all be addressed this season.

Coach
03-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Exactly, as I stated in another thread, I'm thinking that the holes that need filled on this team can not all be addressed this season.

Agreed. We probably don't have the cap money to address al of these problems.

kenny1937
03-02-2007, 12:49 AM
I think the biggest need is the O line, fix it first, we can get by with LJ, Tony G, and Kennison for another season if we fix what is our Achilles heel, and that is the O line in MHO.

:Tomcat: :6: :armee_smilies095:

wolfpack
03-02-2007, 07:40 AM
i think a 8-8 season or worst this season. to many holes,not enough draft picks or cap space,if the queen would sign someone, but i`ll always hope for better than 8-8.

Chiefster
03-02-2007, 10:49 AM
i think a 8-8 season or worst this season. to many holes,not enough draft picks or cap space,if the queen would sign someone, but i`ll always hope for better than 8-8.

Yeah; it's pretty optimistic to think the play offs are in the works next season.

chief31
03-02-2007, 12:25 PM

It is a long-shot, but I think all of those problems could be addressed, this season.

Here goes.....

Green to the 'Phins......for a second rounder.
L.J.(and our third round pick) to the Browns for a first and a second round pick.
The 'Phins' second round and our first round picks to the Redskins....for the fourth, overall pick. ( maybe we have to throw in our own second round pick on this one.)

That leaves us with....the third and fourth, overall, selections, this season. And the third pick, in the second round. (not done yet.)

Sign T.J. Duckett as a free-agent.

Then, draft two of theses three players with those two top picks.....
Alan Branch DT; Joe Thomas OT; or, Calvin Johnson. (If two of those guys are gone, we could pick between QBs, Jemarcus Russell and Brady Quinn.)

Then, with the thirty-fifth, overall selection, (second round pick from Cleveland) fill the remaining hole. Examples: DT Tank Tyler; OT Joe Staley; WR Robert Meachem.

I know, rookies aren't guaranteed to "pan-out" but it would be an impressive attempt to balance this team out.

wolfpack
03-02-2007, 08:00 PM
i would try to find a RB that can give us atleast 1000 yds.
i could see the brownies giving us that for LJ but not the phin`s giving us a 2nd for Green. other than that sounds great to me. trouble is the queen isnt smart enough to figure this out.

Chiefster
03-02-2007, 10:13 PM
It is a long-shot, but I think all of those problems could be addressed, this season.

Here goes.....

Green to the 'Phins......for a second rounder.
L.J.(and our third round pick) to the Browns for a first and a second round pick.
The 'Phins' second round and our first round picks to the Redskins....for the fourth, overall pick. ( maybe we have to throw in our own second round pick on this one.)

That leaves us with....the third and fourth, overall, selections, this season. And the third pick, in the second round. (not done yet.)

Sign T.J. Duckett as a free-agent.

Then, draft two of theses three players with those two top picks.....
Alan Branch DT; Joe Thomas OT; or, Calvin Johnson. (If two of those guys are gone, we could pick between QBs, Jemarcus Russell and Brady Quinn.)

Then, with the thirty-fifth, overall selection, (second round pick from Cleveland) fill the remaining hole. Examples: DT Tank Tyler; OT Joe Staley; WR Robert Meachem.

I know, rookies aren't guaranteed to "pan-out" but it would be an impressive attempt to balance this team out.

I think you're absolutely right; it is a long shot, but it sounds pretty good. :bananen_smilies091:

chief31
03-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Yeah, since I hadn't posted, in a while, I thought I should throw some freshh ideas out there.

Coach
03-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Yeah, since I hadn't posted, in a while, I thought I should throw some freshh ideas out there.

I'll throw some ideas out there as well:

I think Green is going to get traded to Miami for Mcintosh.
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/16823747.htm?source=rss&channel=kansascity_kansas_city_chiefs

Then, I'd keep LJ. Jared Allen isn't going anywhere. Draft a WR in the first couple of rounds. As you can see from this chart, good WR's aren't typically found in the late rounds.
http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/images/740674A2E5674A3F98D6352E3CB60755.GIF?0.81735690695 56731

I'd use lour later picks to shore up some needs on defense. I'd spend some of the money that we saved from getting rid of Green on some O-line help. I think O-line is where you spend your free agency money. Drafting O-linemen is a complete guessing game it seems.

:feedback: :punk: :feedback::punk:

Chiefster
03-03-2007, 04:05 PM
I'll throw some ideas out there as well:

I think Green is going to get traded to Miami for Mcintosh.
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/16823747.htm?source=rss&channel=kansascity_kansas_city_chiefs

Then, I'd keep LJ. Jared Allen isn't going anywhere. Draft a WR in the first couple of rounds. As you can see from this chart, good WR's aren't typically found in the late rounds.
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

I'd use lour later picks to shore up some needs on defense. I'd spend some of the money that we saved from getting rid of Green on some O-line help. I think O-line is where you spend your free agency money. Drafting O-linemen is a complete guessing game it seems.

:feedback: :punk: :feedback::punk:

That is our biggest need IMO; it all starts up front.

Coach
03-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Well. We signed Mcintosh. What do you guys know about him?
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/03/03/chiefs_agree_to_terms_of_a_sixyear_contract_with_u fa_t_damion_mcintosh2/

Chiefster
03-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Well. We signed Mcintosh. What do you guys know about him?
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/03/03/chiefs_agree_to_terms_of_a_sixyear_contract_with_u fa_t_damion_mcintosh2/

I don't know anything about him, but one things for sure we will all find out eventually. :113:

wolfpack
03-04-2007, 09:02 AM
i still think we need to sign a vet wideout and draft one. we also need to sign a vet DT and draft one. the trouble with a vet DT is there isnt any great ones in FA, just average. but average is better than we had. by signing vets,if not to much $$$, they can groom the rooks.

Chiefster
03-04-2007, 09:36 AM
i still think we need to sign a vet wideout and draft one. we also need to sign a vet DT and draft one. the trouble with a vet DT is there isnt any great ones in FA, just average. but average is better than we had. by signing vets,if not to much $$$, they can groom the rooks.

I really don't look for vets in this league to do much 'grooming". Football players tend to want to play as long as possible and "grooming" younger players to take their spots is not what I see them doing.

wolfpack
03-04-2007, 08:42 PM
yea there is no grooming. but i was thinking along the lines of rotation. i think its to hard for a rookie to come in and start. its beening done at DT but its rare.

Chiefster
03-04-2007, 10:48 PM
Well, one thing's for sure next year should be interesting.

kenny1937
03-05-2007, 07:10 PM
How interesting will result in how well we fare in the free agency and draft, as well as resigning, I have my fingers crossed, that somehow by some miracle we get lucky and have a offense and defense that will make it past the first playoff game.

:wos_armee_053: :character00247: :34: :armee_smilies097:

Chiefster
03-05-2007, 08:28 PM
How interesting will result in how well we fare in the free agency and draft, as well as resigning, I have my fingers crossed, that somehow by some miracle we get lucky and have a offense and defense that will make it past the first playoff game.

:wos_armee_053: :character00247: :34: :armee_smilies097:
Aint optimism a wonderful thing?

Canada
04-03-2007, 10:54 PM
So far we got better. Starting to feel like a more balanced team with a D that can lay the wood to some people!!

Chiefster
04-04-2007, 05:24 AM
So far we got better. Starting to feel like a more balanced team with a D that can lay the wood to some people!!

It would be nice.

chief31
04-06-2007, 10:49 AM

See, I don't believe that the '06 Chiefs were better than the '05 Chiefs. Not even close. The '06 team was a fortunate 9-7, while the '05 team was "blew it" by dropping to 10-6. The '05 team made teams fearful, about how they were going to try and slow down the Chiefs' offense. The '06 team was unable to make teams worry.

While the defense clearly improved, I don't see us as a better team.....yet. I hope that Herms defense will be good enough to carry a team that refuses to put up points. Because I worry, that that is what we will have.

Canada
04-06-2007, 12:16 PM
I am refering to the talent that we have aquired in the offseason so far. Positionally we got better with Napoleon Harris, Donnie Edwards and McGraw as well as some experience for Page and Pollard. I agree that the offence does not strike fear into the hearts of opponents, but I think that we are building a defence that might. Maybe it balances out being better on offence and/or defence but our high powered offence got us one playoff appearance in 5 years with Vermeil and I think if a downgrade in the offence is what we need to do to improve our defence then that is what we should do. If Herm goes out on the field this year and runs the same offence as last year, then I agree that there is no improvement, but I do believe that with the right play calling there is more than enough talent on the offence to keep up with the defence and take this team deep into the playoffs. So I guess the only thing left to say is GO CHIEFS!!!

chief31
04-06-2007, 12:22 PM
I am refering to the talent that we have aquired in the offseason so far. Positionally we got better with Napoleon Harris, Donnie Edwards and McGraw as well as some experience for Page and Pollard. I agree that the offence does not strike fear into the hearts of opponents, but I think that we are building a defence that might. Maybe it balances out being better on offence and/or defence but our high powered offence got us one playoff appearance in 5 years with Vermeil and I think if a downgrade in the offence is what we need to do to improve our offence then that is what we should do. If Herm goes out on the field this year and runs the same offence as last year, then I agree that there is no improvement, but I do believe that with the right play calling there is more than enough talent on the offence to keep up with the defence and take this team deep into the playoffs. So I guess the only thing left to say is GO CHIEFS!!!

Oh, I misinterpreted the previous post. I do agree,then. We have definitely made some improvements in personell. I usually sound rather negative, about the outlook, for our Chiefs. But I have alot more HOPE than I may let on. I simply don't trust Herm, to do the right things, with this team. I pray he proves me wrong.

Canada
04-06-2007, 12:24 PM
I will give him a call Monday and make sure that he does what he is supposed to :)

kenny1937
04-06-2007, 01:30 PM
I will give him a call Monday and make sure that he does what he is supposed to :)

Great idea my friend, let us know if he gets the drift, (grin).

:Sports Car 2: :sign0156: :bananen_smilies100:

Chiefster
04-06-2007, 03:07 PM
I am refering to the talent that we have aquired in the offseason so far. Positionally we got better with Napoleon Harris, Donnie Edwards and McGraw as well as some experience for Page and Pollard. I agree that the offence does not strike fear into the hearts of opponents, but I think that we are building a defence that might. Maybe it balances out being better on offence and/or defence but our high powered offence got us one playoff appearance in 5 years with Vermeil and I think if a downgrade in the offence is what we need to do to improve our offence then that is what we should do. If Herm goes out on the field this year and runs the same offence as last year, then I agree that there is no improvement, but I do believe that with the right play calling there is more than enough talent on the offence to keep up with the defence and take this team deep into the playoffs. So I guess the only thing left to say is GO CHIEFS!!!

I'm not exactly sure what you mean with this statement.

Chiefster
04-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Oh, I misinterpreted the previous post. I do agree,then. We have definitely made some improvements in personell. I usually sound rather negative, about the outlook, for our Chiefs. But I have alot more HOPE than I may let on. I simply don't trust Herm, to do the right things, with this team. I pray he proves me wrong.

I tend to be the same way.

Canada
04-06-2007, 06:15 PM
i meant if we need to sacrifice some offence to improve on defence. my thoughts go way faster than i can type. sorry

Chiefster
04-06-2007, 06:25 PM
i meant if we need to sacrifice some offence to improve on defence. my thoughts go way faster than i can type. sorry

Gotcha; I thought that was probably it but I wasn't sure.

kenny1937
04-06-2007, 06:26 PM

Not to worry mate, I get afflicted by the same bug myself, I chase it away with GO CHIEFS!!

:bananen_smilies084: :bananen_smilies084: :bananen_smilies084: :hallo:

Canada
04-06-2007, 06:29 PM
GO CHIEFS...hey that does work!! :)

Chiefster
04-06-2007, 06:30 PM

He should know. :D

kenny1937
04-06-2007, 06:48 PM

Yes it does, can't wait till preseason, I know we are going to have some fun, mate!!

Chiefster
04-14-2007, 09:49 PM
As we near draft date I just thought I'd give this a bump just show the progression of all our various thought processes and speculations. :)

...Enjoy!