PDA

View Full Version : Jake Long....

jerhart
01-01-2008, 04:05 PM
...Been watching Jake Long today in the Capital One Bowl....Does anyone see him falling that far? :D

for ever red
01-01-2008, 07:28 PM
:11: we can only hope he does:drunkhb:

hermhater
01-01-2008, 10:19 PM
How did he do in the Bowl game today?

chief31
01-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Not a chance. There are at least two teams ahead of us that should draft him. (Actually, all three/four of them need him.)

hermhater
01-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Not a chance. There are at least two teams ahead of us that should draft him. (Actually, all three/four of them need him.)

So how about Clady?

Do we have a shot at him?

chief31
01-02-2008, 10:03 PM
So how about Clady?

Do we have a shot at him?

Certainly. Although he may be viewed as a reach where we will be drafting. (Fourth or fifth.)

hermhater
01-02-2008, 10:06 PM
So who do we draft if they are not available?

chief31
01-02-2008, 10:31 PM
So who do we draft if they are not available?

Hopefully, they will find a way to move up/down in the draft but I feel that if we don't get a shot at Long, we will take Clady. But we need alot more than that too.

hermhater
01-02-2008, 10:37 PM
How do we move up in the draft?

The guys above us need linemen as bad as us don't they?

Who's gonna give up the opportunity to get the guys we want?

chief31
01-03-2008, 01:43 AM
How do we move up in the draft?

The guys above us need linemen as bad as us don't they?

Who's gonna give up the opportunity to get the guys we want?

I don't think that Miami will be looking at him. Unfortunately, they are in the highly expensive first spot, and might not want to drop as far as three/four spots. They may have their eye on a player that would go second or third, should they trade out.

hermhater
01-03-2008, 01:46 AM
I don't think that Miami will be looking at him. Unfortunately, they are in the highly expensive first spot, and might not want to drop as far as three/four spots. They may have their eye on a player that would go second or third, should they trade out.

So are you saying we have a shot at Long or not?

One of the players that another team between us and Miami will trade to get Long?

I don't get it.

chief31
01-03-2008, 01:47 AM
So are you saying we have a shot at Long or not?

One of the players that another team between us and Miami will trade to get Long?

I don't get it.

I think go will be gone before draft.

rbedgood
01-03-2008, 08:29 PM
I think the Chiefs could get Long...things would have to drop in place though....

Miami for one needs a ton of players...they could trade down, but assuming they keep the #1 pick, they could draft a number of positions...lets assume McFadden or Dorsey

St Louis had problems on the O-line this year, but most were caused by injuries not necessarily lack of talent. I'd draft defense if I was them and take either Dorsey or Long.

Oakland could draft Jake Long, but Lane Kiffin has been clear that he's disappointed in the defense, stopping the run is critical in the AFC West with all the teams having good to great running games (KC's will recover next year)...I say Sedrick Ellis is their pick.

Atlanta needs a lot, but I'd guess they start with a QB...Matt Ryan.

This scenario would leave Jake Ryan for the Chiefs, but if I was them I'd seriously consider Sam Baker...he's coming out of USC and is a very athletic and very big guy. I actually like him as well or better than Long.

Canada
01-04-2008, 08:56 PM
So you are saying that it is a LONG SHOT??

sorry....

texaschief
01-04-2008, 09:15 PM
There's no way Long drops past the Rams. Unless we trade up or trade down, we're not drafting an OT in the first round.

Pro_Angler
01-05-2008, 01:27 PM
screw that trade the 4/5 pic for a lower 1st and another 2nd and maybe also a third to the right team out of our division.

YZILLA
01-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Dont the Steelers have a badass O lineman coming into free agency ? I cant remember his name , he has a beard ! We need some experience on the line right now I think . But not someone who is on the verge of retirement .

Coach
01-05-2008, 03:18 PM
I think Jake Long will still be there as long as Oakland doesn't pick in front of us.

hermhater
01-05-2008, 03:46 PM
I think Jake Long will still be there as long as Oakland doesn't pick in front of us.

Well then he is gonna be gone. I don't see anyone giving us their draft pick that is choosing higher than us, and Oakland will pick before us because we beat Minnesota.

Coach
01-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Well then he is gonna be gone. I don't see anyone giving us their draft pick that is choosing higher than us, and Oakland will pick before us because we beat Minnesota.

A coinflip will decide the 3-5 spots that ATL, OAK, and KC hold.

hermhater
01-05-2008, 11:51 PM

I thought that the coin flip was between Oakland and Atlanta and the best we could get is a 4th round pick.

I was under the impression that Oakland was choosing before us because of the head to head record.

Coach
01-06-2008, 12:02 AM
I thought that the coin flip was between Oakland and Atlanta and the best we could get is a 4th round pick.

I was under the impression that Oakland was choosing before us because of the head to head record.

Yes and no. You are correct though that Oakland is a lock to draft ahead of us.

NFL.com:
Atlanta, Kansas City, and Oakland had the same strength-of-schedule in the 2007 season. Since Kansas City finished third in the AFC West Division and the Raiders fourth (the tie was broken on the basis of record in common games), the Raiders will draft ahead of the Chiefs. Atlanta and Oakland will flip a coin for the third position at the NFL Combine in February. If Atlanta wins, the Falcons will draft third, the Raiders fourth, and the Chiefs fifth. If the Raiders win the coin flip, they will draft third, and the Falcons and Chiefs will flip a coin to determine the fourth and fifth positions.

rbedgood
01-07-2008, 01:20 PM

Yeah, but even with the coinflip it is already pre-determined that Oakland will pick before KC. Oakland has the tiebreaker over KC but not over ATL. Oakland and Atlanta will flip for the 3rd pick.

If Oakland wins, then ATL and KC flip for the 4th.

If ATL wins then Oakland gets the 4th and KC gets the fifth.

The coin flip will occur in February at the NFL Combine...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d805a3a57&template=without-video&confirm=true

chief31
01-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Yes and no. You are correct though that Oakland is a lock to draft ahead of us.

NFL.com:
Atlanta, Kansas City, and Oakland had the same strength-of-schedule in the 2007 season. Since Kansas City finished third in the AFC West Division and the Raiders fourth (the tie was broken on the basis of record in common games), the Raiders will draft ahead of the Chiefs. Atlanta and Oakland will flip a coin for the third position at the NFL Combine in February. If Atlanta wins, the Falcons will draft third, the Raiders fourth, and the Chiefs fifth. If the Raiders win the coin flip, they will draft third, and the Falcons and Chiefs will flip a coin to determine the fourth and fifth positions.

Yeah, we can move ahead of the Falcons with this coin-flip, but the Raiders are ahead of us either way.

Coach
01-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Yeah, but even with the coinflip it is already pre-determined that Oakland will pick before KC. Oakland has the tiebreaker over KC but not over ATL. Oakland and Atlanta will flip for the 3rd pick.

If Oakland wins, then ATL and KC flip for the 4th.

If ATL wins then Oakland gets the 4th and KC gets the fifth.

The coin flip will occur in February at the NFL Combine...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d805a3a57&template=without-video&confirm=true

Isn't this exactly what I said?

Canada
01-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Isn't this exactly what I said?

Yeah, but he put more spaces in his post so it looked better!! :beer:

rbedgood
01-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Sorry about the dupe...responded before I read the rest of the thread.

hermhater
01-08-2008, 01:10 AM
Sorry about the dupe...responded before I read the rest of the thread.

Bad Rich, bad boy!

:lol: