View Full Version : Smoking bans

Pages : 1 [2]

DrunkHillbilly
02-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Do Crowders get a free bar tab?
Some possibly! Some....it's double!!!!:11: :D

Chiefster
02-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Unless that kid killed someone, then there is nothing that could possibly warrant that type of abuse of power...

I'm not condoning the officer's actions as far as laying his hands on the kid; completely uncalled for. I'm just saying that I think there's more here then meets the eye. What the video does, IMO, is portray just one side of this particular issue. I don't believe it was asking too much of the kid to respect the police officers authority, however, the officer did cross the line and should be dealt with.

chief31
02-16-2008, 01:27 AM
I'm not condoning the officer's actions as far as laying his hands on the kid; completely uncalled for. I'm just saying that I think there's more here then meets the eye. What the video does, IMO, is portray just one side of this particular issue. I don't believe it was asking too much of the kid to respect the police officers authority, however, the officer did cross the line and should be dealt with.

It does appear to me that the police officer was just arriving at the scene. If that's the case, then we did see the entire incident.

But there could easily be more to the story. Either way, I think the officer should be charged with at least aggrevated battery on a minor. That is what a civilian would be charged with, and a policeman is someone that needs to be held to a higher standard, given the amount of trust that they are awarded.

hermhater
02-16-2008, 01:31 AM
It does appear to me that the police officer was just arriving at the scene. If that's the case, then we did see the entire incident.

But there could easily be more to the story. Either way, I think the officer should be charged with at least aggrevated battery on a minor. That is what a civilian would be charged with, and a policeman is someone that needs to be held to a higher standard, given the amount of trust that they are awarded.

The kid had on headphones (earbuds, whatever) and hadn't heard the cop tell him to stop.

The cop got even angrier when the kid tried to explain.

That cop was SO in the wrong, it just kills me that he is still getting paid after the crap he pulled, and all of his bullying.

chief31
02-16-2008, 01:56 AM
The kid had on headphones (earbuds, whatever) and hadn't heard the cop tell him to stop.

The cop got even angrier when the kid tried to explain.

That cop was SO in the wrong, it just kills me that he is still getting paid after the crap he pulled, and all of his bullying.

Well, they can't just stop someones livelihood without any investigation. (They can, but not when the public is watching.) :D

hermhater
02-16-2008, 02:01 AM
Well, they can't just stop someones livelihood without any investigation. (They can, but not when the public is watching.) :D

It looks to me like camcorders and YouTube are kind of like what you were talking about earlier, when discussing the letter you wrote.

The market has actually worked itself out with technology, where citizens are able to expose corruption.

I still hate Cheaters though!

:sign0098:

chief31
02-16-2008, 02:08 AM
It looks to me like camcorders and YouTube are kind of like what you were talking about earlier, when discussing the letter you wrote.

The market has actually worked itself out with technology, where citizens are able to expose corruption.

I still hate Cheaters though!

:sign0098:

But, many areas are making it illegal to video a police officer.

hermhater
02-16-2008, 02:10 AM
But, many areas are making it illegal to video a police officer.

This is the first I have heard of this.

Is this in Illinois, or a national thing?

chief31
02-16-2008, 02:12 AM
This is the first I have heard of this.

Is this in Illinois, or a national thing?

All I heard was a short piece about it in MSNBC or FOX News or something. So I am not sure where this has been put into effect.

hermhater
02-16-2008, 02:19 AM
All I heard was a short piece about it in MSNBC or FOX News or something. So I am not sure where this has been put into effect.

They are getting away with arresting the people recording them by charging them with violating wiretapping laws.

That is ridiculous.

hermhater
02-16-2008, 03:27 AM
Sounds more to me like freedom of press issues.