PDA

View Full Version : Mlb

chief31
03-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Scout.com is reporting that the Detroit Lions have shown interest in Kawika Mitchell.
Also, that the Chiefs will be hosting a visit from Napoleon Kaufman, MLB of the Minnesota Vikings.

I just didn't see anything about this on here, thought I'd present it for discussion.

IMO, If we can't afford Mitchell, how can we afford Kaufmann?

I think Kawika is under-rated. I like Napoleon too, but I don't believe that we needed to make a change at that position. In fact, we will, probably, pay more for a MLB than we would have, if we had worked a deal with Mitchell, before free-agency.

Chiefster
03-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Scout.com is reporting that the Detroit Lions have shown interest in Kawika Mitchell.
Also, that the Chiefs will be hosting a visit from Napoleon Kaufman, MLB of the Minnesota Vikings.

I just didn't see anything about this on here, thought I'd present it for discussion.

I think Kawika is under-rated. I like Napoleon too, but I don't believe that we needed to make a change at that position. In fact, we will, probably, pay more for a MLB than we would have, if we had worked a deal with Mitchell, before free-agency.
Exactly! Good post.

kenny1937
03-02-2007, 06:54 PM

Exactly right, chief31, it is maddening, the way things work out for the Chiefs, I sometimes wonder if :character00249: can see the forest for the trees, I will probably be a bundle of nerves by the time April and draft day gets here.

:1374: :character00249: :hyper:

wolfpack
03-02-2007, 07:45 PM
two words DONNIE EDWARDS!. I saw supposibly that he has been talking to us and the saints.

Guru
03-03-2007, 12:16 AM
I would take Edwards back as long as he is not asking for a ton of money. I am sick of the older players pushing for the big payday to end their career on.

wolfpack
03-03-2007, 07:01 AM
dont know if its true or not but read edwards signed with donkies.

Coach
03-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Where have I been? When did Napolean Kaufman become a MLB? I thought he was a RB.

Chiefster
03-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Where have I been? When did Napolean Kaufman become a MLB? I thought he was a RB.

It exist that way in the evil Chiefs Crowd alternate universe. :D

Chiefster
03-03-2007, 11:52 AM
I would take Edwards back as long as he is not asking for a ton of money. I am sick of the older players pushing for the big payday to end their career on.

Same here, but fear that we probably couldn't aford him.

chief31
03-03-2007, 01:21 PM

Dammit! I caught myself on that, last night at work. I always call him that. For a correction, it's Napoleon Harris. I had hoped that noone would notice, and I could edit it. But, coach was too quick. Harris is, however, also a former Raider. They have that in common.

Coach
03-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Dammit! I caught myself on that, last night at work. I always call him that. For a correction, it's Napoleon Harris. I had hoped that noone would notice, and I could edit it. But, coach was too quick. Harris is, however, also a former Raider. They have that in common.

I thought I was losing it. I always expected Napoleon Kauffman to be much better than he turned out to be.

wolfpack
03-04-2007, 05:54 PM
the queen needs to sign Harris. if the lions are after Mitchell they`ll overpay what he`s worth. they always do.

Coach
03-04-2007, 06:31 PM
the queen needs to sign Harris.

I agree that we need to sign a FA starting LB rather than trying to draft one that is ready to start in the NFL. Harris is probably our best option.

Chiefster
03-04-2007, 08:12 PM
I agree that we need to sign a FA starting LB rather than trying to draft one that is ready to start in the NFL. Harris is probably our best option.

Either way I still believe we are at least a couple of seasons away from another play off run, but I hope I'm wrong.

kenny1937
03-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Any sign of improving our situation, will be a shot in the arm. Maybe :character00247: is seeing some light, and things will get better.

:wos_armee_053: :character00247: How about it, you seeing any light!! (grin) :34:

Chiefster
03-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Any sign of improving our situation, will be a shot in the arm. Maybe :character00247: is seeing some light, and things will get better.

:wos_armee_053: :character00247: How about it, you seeing any light!! (grin) :34:

Well if he does I encourage him to "go into the light!"

chief31
03-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Well, it's done. Napoleon Kauhman....AHEM....Harris.... will be wearing a Chiefs uniform, this season. He was an excellent MLB for the Raiders and, after recovering from an injury, he was a pretty good one for the Vikings.

I don't hate this move, but I liked Mitchell and didn't care for the way we allowed him to go. I just feel that we probably could have saved some scratch, by getting a deal done, with Mitchell, before the free-agent signing period.

Chiefster
03-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Well, it's done. Napoleon Kauhman....AHEM....Harris.... will be wearing a Chiefs uniform, this season. He was an excellent MLB for the Raiders and, after recovering from an injury, he was a pretty good one for the Vikings.

I don't hate this move, but I liked Mitchell and didn't care for the way we allowed him to go. I just feel that we probably could have saved some scratch, by getting a deal done, with Mitchell, before the free-agent signing period.

I think it highly unlikely that we will retain Mitchell.

wolfpack
03-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Mitchell will probably want the same money that Harris got so my 1st guess wouldbe Mitchell wontbe a chief.

Chiefster
03-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Mitchell will probably want the same money that Harris got so my 1st guess wouldbe Mitchell wontbe a chief.

Agreed!

Coach
03-08-2007, 12:59 AM

For equal money, I'd take Harris.

Chiefster
03-08-2007, 05:15 AM
For equal money, I'd take Harris.

Yup, I'd be very surprized to see Mitchell in a Chiefs uniform next season under those terms.

wolfpack
03-08-2007, 10:20 AM
the NFL network is reporting that the chiefs are still one of the top teams bidding for Donnie Edwards.

Chiefster
03-08-2007, 11:21 AM
the NFL network is reporting that the chiefs are still one of the top teams bidding for Donnie Edwards.

I would be glad to have him back in a Chiefs uniform.

Coach
03-08-2007, 05:36 PM

I have bee n watching the NFL network the last couple of weeks. They have showing footage of the NFL combine that is taking place in Indy. There are a lot of impressive defensive players in this draft. It's hard to believe that guys 300+ lbs can run sub 5 second 40's.

Chiefster
03-08-2007, 09:43 PM
I have bee n watching the NFL network the last couple of weeks. They have showing footage of the NFL combine that is taking place in Indy. There are a lot of impressive defensive players in this draft. It's hard to believe that guys 300+ lbs can run sub 5 second 40's.

Man that is freakish; are they Nazi genetic experiments gone terribly wrong?

kenny1937
03-09-2007, 02:34 AM
I don't know Chiefster, but they can send a car load (box car that is) over our way, and some WR too.

:bananen_smilies063: :bananen_smilies063: :bananen_smilies063: :bananen_smilies063:

wolfpack
03-10-2007, 09:44 AM
put edwards and dj on the outside, harris in the middle. this sounds like a very solid LBing core. the only thing wrong wouldbe if our d-line couldn`t keep offenses off them.

Chiefster
03-10-2007, 11:43 AM
put edwards and dj on the outside, harris in the middle. this sounds like a very solid LBing core. the only thing wrong wouldbe if our d-line couldn`t keep offenses off them.

We also need to look at backups figuring in the inevitable injury factor.

wolfpack
03-11-2007, 11:36 AM
fox,bell.carver are the backups. i wouldn`t be surprised to see bell on the DE side when allen gets his 4 games off.

Chiefster
03-11-2007, 10:59 PM
fox,bell.carver are the backups. i wouldn`t be surprised to see bell on the DE side when allen gets his 4 games off.

Yeah that still hacks me off! I think that Carl ought to right a required designated driver clause into his contract.

wolfpack
03-12-2007, 10:06 AM
with all his money you would have thought he could have got a cab or a limo. or a true freind would have called him one.

Chiefster
03-12-2007, 10:29 AM
with all his money you would have thought he could have got a cab or a limo. or a true freind would have called him one.

Exactly! Good post! :smil3dbd4e5e7563a: