PDA

View Full Version : New to the Crowd?

Chiefster
03-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Swing by here and introduce yourself! :)

khosier
03-12-2007, 09:28 AM
My name is Kyle I live in NW Arkansas. I have been a chiefs fan for 20 years.

Chiefster
03-12-2007, 10:17 AM
My name is Kyle I live in NW Arkansas. I have been a chiefs fan for 20 years.

Welcome to the "Crowd" Kyle; make yourself at home. :)

YZILLA
03-14-2007, 05:11 PM
My name is Ryan , I am 35, father of three ,Spent my Youth a cowboys fan. Kinda rooted for the vikings up until my brother in Law from DesMoines Iowa invited me the Chiefs Bengals game( Coach Vermeil's last game ) . Instantly I fell in love with every aspect of Kansas City, Arrowhead , and the Chiefs. I drove Six hours(one way ) to watch 5 home games last season, Niners,Raiders,Seahawks,Ravens, and The Jaguars. I have been looking for a team I can root for with all my heart again. After the Cowboys turned into outlaws IE: Drugs, hookers, Jail. I lost faith on them. The Vikings were much closer to where I live but I never bought tickets or merchandise ( just half heartedly rooted for them ) . The First ever Chiefs game gave me a place where I can hang my hat. I am not a bandwagon guy. I love the Chiefs ! I even got a chiefs Tattoo to show my pride . I hope you forgive the fact that I havent been a lifelong fan. I will do my best to represent the Chiefs Crowd ! Thanks

Chiefster
03-14-2007, 10:31 PM
My name is Ryan , I am 35, father of three ,Spent my Youth a cowboys fan. Kinda rooted for the vikings up until my brother in Law from DesMoines Iowa invited me the Chiefs Bengals game( Coach Vermeil's last game ) . Instantly I fell in love with every aspect of Kansas City, Arrowhead , and the Chiefs. I drove Six hours(one way ) to watch 5 home games last season, Niners,Raiders,Seahawks,Ravens, and The Jaguars. I have been looking for a team I can root for with all my heart again. After the Cowboys turned into outlaws IE: Drugs, hookers, Jail. I lost faith on them. The Vikings were much closer to where I live but I never bought tickets or merchandise ( just half heartedly rooted for them ) . The First ever Chiefs game gave me a place where I can hang my hat. I am not a bandwagon guy. I love the Chiefs ! I even got a chiefs Tattoo to show my pride . I hope you forgive the fact that I havent been a lifelong fan. I will do my best to represent the Chiefs Crowd ! Thanks

First of all welcome aboard the "Crowd" YZILLA we are happy to have ya. I don't think anyone here will question you're fandom or loyalty to the team; we all love our Chiefs and welcome a fan as dedicated as you. I hope you will make yourself at home here and feel free to speak your mind. :smil3dbd4e5e7563a:

Chiefsfan27
03-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Hi, My name is Chris from Pickering, Ontario, Canada but I am a huge Chiefs fan. I'm 16 and have been a Chiefs fan for 5 years.

Chiefsfan27
03-14-2007, 10:42 PM
I drove from Pickering (which is near Toronto) to Indianapolis to see the playoff game and saw a Chiefs Bills game last year

Chiefster
03-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Hi, My name is Chris from Pickering, Ontario, Canada but I am a huge Chiefs fan. I'm 16 and have been a Chiefs fan for 5 years.

Welcome to the "Crowd"! :D

I drove from Pickering (which is near Toronto) to Indianapolis to see the playoff game and saw a Chiefs Bills game last year

I admire the dedication, but please don't remind us of that painful memory. LOL!
j/k

chief31
03-18-2007, 02:17 PM

I would have no trouble forgiving someone for joining the legions of Chiefs fans. However, I'm not sure that I could forgive anyone for being a Cowboys fan.J/K. I guess, since you have abandoned that affliction, I would be willing to give you a chance.

Coach
03-18-2007, 09:25 PM
Welcome to the board guys. I look forward to reading your posts!

Chiefster
03-19-2007, 01:35 AM
Welcome to the board guys. I look forward to reading your posts!

Ditto here! :D

Hey admin ya need to work on that post count. :D

YZILLA
03-19-2007, 04:11 AM
I appreciate the welcome. Like I said the cowboys were a childhood team ( although my mom always bought me steelers crap for B-days and christmas) LOL . Man its funny how that still kinda bothers me . Anyways I am Red Blooded now ( So to Speak ) . Im sure everyone that sees me anymore says ...Dang all he wears is that chiefs jersey ! I have been wanting a new vehicle .Cant afford Brand New , but Everything I look at has to be Red or White . . Then I picture what chiefs stuff I can deck it out with . I see a guy up here in South Dakota wearing anything Chiefs and I just want to go talk to him. everyone in this area is a Vikings Fan. I laugh when they tell me they are gonna go to a game in Minnesota . They have no Idea what football is . watching a game in the Dome . There is also no Tailgating there like they do at Arrowhead . They just have no idea-lol ! Best of all is After I brought my wife to her first game She totally supports me on every trip I take to missouri now . YEEEHAAAAAA!!

Chiefster
03-19-2007, 04:24 PM
I appreciate the welcome. Like I said the cowboys were a childhood team ( although my mom always bought me steelers crap for B-days and christmas) LOL . Man its funny how that still kinda bothers me . Anyways I am Red Blooded now ( So to Speak ) . Im sure everyone that sees me anymore says ...Dang all he wears is that chiefs jersey ! I have been wanting a new vehicle .Cant afford Brand New , but Everything I look at has to be Red or White . . Then I picture what chiefs stuff I can deck it out with . I see a guy up here in South Dakota wearing anything Chiefs and I just want to go talk to him. everyone in this area is a Vikings Fan. I laugh when they tell me they are gonna go to a game in Minnesota . They have no Idea what football is . watching a game in the Dome . There is also no Tailgating there like they do at Arrowhead . They just have no idea-lol ! Best of all is After I brought my wife to her first game She totally supports me on every trip I take to missouri now . YEEEHAAAAAA!!

LOL!

Well we'll just have to go with a since of responsibility here and show Viking fans what football is really like. :character0013: :D

stlchief
03-20-2007, 10:28 AM
Hello All,

I am a transplanted KC Chiefs fan living in St. Louis, MO.

I have been her about 12 yrs, but still am loyal only to my home town. I was lucky enough to go to a world series game last year. The only red I could wear was my Priest Holmes jersey. When the Chiefs came to play the Rams, my brother drove in and we painted our faces red and wore red pain in our hair (he chickened out - I sported a new red mohawk).

Looking forward to chatting with other Chiefs fans in the off-season to fill the void until the Royals start up...

Indep-MO native,
Chris

stlchief
03-20-2007, 01:58 PM
just checking avatar....

chief31
03-22-2007, 03:13 PM
I disagree. I have thirty-one "second favorite" teams.
Seriously though, I am a fan of the N.F.L. after being a chiefs fan.

Coach
03-22-2007, 10:00 PM
Because of fantasy football, I am a fan of several teams/players depending on how my draft goes. The most annoying part of fantasy football is that you end up rooting for players on teams that you can't stand.

smlltwnchief
03-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Hey guys- I spent 26yrs in KC-moved to a small town to get the kids away about 4 yrs ago- since then out of the people i have met there have been very few CHIEFS FANS- help me out- i am surrounded by fair weather, band-wagon, and rams fans. My brother found this site and was nice enough to show me.

stlchief
03-23-2007, 01:35 AM
YO - that's my bro (the one without the mohawk)!

Props to Morrisville! We now have IndepMo properly represented on ChiefsCrowd!

And for definition of a true fan -- This picture of us is on our way to the Cheifs / Rams regular season 06 game in ST. LOUIS and BEFORE we painted our faces red!

Chiefster
03-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Hey guys- I spent 26yrs in KC-moved to a small town to get the kids away about 4 yrs ago- since then out of the people i have met there have been very few CHIEFS FANS- help me out- i am surrounded by fair weather, band-wagon, and rams fans. My brother found this site and was nice enough to show me.

Welcome aboard! Make yourself at home.:bananen_smilies032:

Chiefster
03-23-2007, 08:20 PM
I disagree. I have thirty-one "second favorite" teams.
Seriously though, I am a fan of the N.F.L. after being a chiefs fan.

Yup!

Because of fantasy football, I am a fan of several teams/players depending on how my draft goes. The most annoying part of fantasy football is that you end up rooting for players on teams that you can't stand.

Man I absolutely hate that. LOL!

chief31
03-23-2007, 09:10 PM
I don't have that problem. I root against T.O., rather he is starting, on my FF team, or not.

bluv
03-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Hey all. I was looking for a place to talk about Chiefs football and found you. I will try and jump in from time to time and talk about the Chiefs.

stlchief
03-27-2007, 11:17 PM
I stand behind the no second favorite teams line. My cousin asked me last year who I would like to see if the Chiefs didn't make it to the Super Bowl and after thinking for a second, I had to say honestly the thought of any team being there other than the Chiefs made me sick.

Maybe it's silly, but I'll root for a winless Chiefs team, and still get sick if they lose again. If they are not playing, I root for both teams in the game I am watching to LOSE. I want a tie game after a sloppy, error-proned spectacle.

Sign me "ONLY KC".

Coach
03-28-2007, 06:54 PM
I stand behind the no second favorite teams line. My cousin asked me last year who I would like to see if the Chiefs didn't make it to the Super Bowl and after thinking for a second, I had to say honestly the thought of any team being there other than the Chiefs made me sick.

Maybe it's silly, but I'll root for a winless Chiefs team, and still get sick if they lose again. If they are not playing, I root for both teams in the game I am watching to LOSE. I want a tie game after a sloppy, error-proned spectacle.

Sign me "ONLY KC".
That's a diehard fan. We need more diehards around here, so welcome to the board!. We'll see if you stick by your word next year if the Chiefs stumble as most posters are expecting.
:armee_smilies104:

diehardkcfan
03-28-2007, 06:56 PM
im kevin im 18 from bellevue, nebraska. i was raised a chiefs and royals fan, and now thats all i now is chiefs football and royals baseball.

Coach
03-28-2007, 07:02 PM
im kevin im 18 from bellevue, nebraska. i was raised a chiefs and royals fan, and now thats all i now is chiefs football and royals baseball.

Welcome to the board. You'll meet a lot of KC fans here that have followed the Chiefs for 20+ years. I look forward to hearing your perspective.
:gran: :sign0098:

stlchief
03-28-2007, 11:36 PM
If the Chiefs stumble, I'll still be in Red. I've been in STL for 13 yrs and when people talk about the Cardinals, I say I don't follow them because I'm a Royals fan. I wore my Priest Holmes jersey to a Cardinals World Series game, because that's what I own that is red.

The Chiefs fans are the BEST! A game at Arrowhead is lightyears better than a Rams game. You know what they do at Rams games? They sit down. Unbelievable. They MIGHT stand up and yell during a big 3rd down play. Other than that, no way during the game.

As my brother, smlltwnchief, will tell you - we are not fair-weather.

Coach
03-29-2007, 12:24 AM
A game at Arrowhead is lightyears better than a Rams game. You know what they do at Rams games? They sit down. Unbelievable. They MIGHT stand up and yell during a big 3rd down play. Other than that, no way during the game.

No doubt that the Chiefs own the Rams.
:character0087:

Canada
03-29-2007, 10:57 AM
It is great to be around so many Chiefs fans. I feel a sense of comfort being surrounded by a SEA OF RED!!!! I am Canada's biggest Chiefs fan and have been for the past 17 years. Huge fan of the late great Derrick Thomas (god rest his soul). I went to my first game ever at Arrowhead last year (41-0 vs the niners) and it was the greatest weekend of my life. I will be back for opening day. I live near buffalo and the close games for me are going o watch the B_lls play but after tailgating in Kansas City, being at a buffalo tailgate is like drinking beer in a ditch while people yell at you. The people the party and of coure the greatest football team on the planet the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!! Thanx for having me and I will talk to you all soon.

Dave

P.S. The Chiefs have never been scored on when I am at Arrowhead!!

Canada
03-29-2007, 11:00 AM
I agree with no second favorites. There are the Chiefs and then there are other games to watch so I can pass the time until the Chiefs play again!!!

Chiefster
03-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Hey all. I was looking for a place to talk about Chiefs football and found you. I will try and jump in from time to time and talk about the Chiefs.

Welcome aboard the "Crowd"! Make yourself at home and "jump in" often! :)

Chiefster
03-29-2007, 11:17 AM
That's a diehard fan. We need more diehards around here, so welcome to the board!. We'll see if you stick by your word next year if the Chiefs stumble as most posters are expecting.
:armee_smilies104:

Yup, and Yup! :D

Chiefster
03-29-2007, 11:19 AM
It is great to be around so many Chiefs fans. I feel a sense of comfort being surrounded by a SEA OF RED!!!! I am Canada's biggest Chiefs fan and have been for the past 17 years. Huge fan of the late great Derrick Thomas (god rest his soul). I went to my first game ever at Arrowhead last year (41-0 vs the niners) and it was the greatest weekend of my life. I will be back for opening day. I live near buffalo and the close games for me are going o watch the B_lls play but after tailgating in Kansas City, being at a buffalo tailgate is like drinking beer in a ditch while people yell at you. The people the party and of coure the greatest football team on the planet the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!! Thanx for having me and I will talk to you all soon.

Dave

P.S. The Chiefs have never been scored on when I am at Arrowhead!!

Great to see ya here from the Great White North! Welcome aboard the "Crowd"; make yourself right at home my friend! :D

Chiefster
03-29-2007, 11:23 AM
I agree with no second favorites. There are the Chiefs and then there are other games to watch so I can pass the time until the Chiefs play again!!!

I like your enthusiasm, and faithfulness! I gave up on my beloved Chiefs once and have been ashamed of myself ever since. I have vowed never to do that again. Word to the wise; never, ever mail in your Chiefs fandom.

Canada
03-29-2007, 01:02 PM
You never gave up on them or u wouldn't be here. It is like your kids. You love them to death but sometimes u want to choke them. We all have our ups and downs but we will come out on top in the end. And once a Chiefs fan always a Chiefs fan. Its like the Mob. You can never get out!!

Chiefster
03-29-2007, 01:18 PM
You never gave up on them or u wouldn't be here. It is like your kids. You love them to death but sometimes u want to choke them. We all have our ups and downs but we will come out on top in the end. And once a Chiefs fan always a Chiefs fan. Its like the Mob. You can never get out!!

LOL! True; I like your perspective. :)

TheLateGreat#58Fan
03-31-2007, 12:24 AM
Hey my name is Jason- I am 28 diehard Chiefs fan since watching Barry Word, Christian Okoye, DT, and Neil Smith playing smashmouth football I love. I live in Atlanta, GA. let me tell you how bad dome football is- Last time KC came to atlanta to play the Falcons I went to the game at the Dome and I was by far the loudest person- reminding again why I am a Chiefs fan there are no half hearted KC fans. Since I have made it to a game at Arrowhead the past two years (Denver 2 years ago-Jacksonville last year) both victories if I need to remind anyone lol j/k. I live and breath following my KC Chiefs and cant way for the season to start.
Lets Go Chiefs

Chiefster
03-31-2007, 08:40 AM
Hey my name is Jason- I am 28 diehard Chiefs fan since watching Barry Word, Christian Okoye, DT, and Neil Smith playing smashmouth football I love. I live in Atlanta, GA. let me tell you how bad dome football is- Last time KC came to atlanta to play the Falcons I went to the game at the Dome and I was by far the loudest person- reminding again why I am a Chiefs fan there are no half hearted KC fans. Since I have made it to a game at Arrowhead the past two years (Denver 2 years ago-Jacksonville last year) both victories if I need to remind anyone lol j/k. I live and breath following my KC Chiefs and cant way for the season to start.
Lets Go Chiefs

Welcome aboard TheLateGreat#58Fan! Great user name BTW; nice rhyming. I think you'll be able to make yourself at home nicely here. :)

Coach
03-31-2007, 12:00 PM
Lets Go Chiefs
Welcome to the board!!!! Derrick was and probably still is my favorite Chiefs player. So I love your name. It's good to see people from all over the US supporting the Chiefs. I have never lived in Georgia but have spent a lot of time down there because of business. Lot's of beautiful women in your city. I look forward to seeing more of you here in the forums.

Canada
03-31-2007, 01:39 PM
Welcome to the board!!!! Derrick was and probably still is my favorite Chiefs player. So I love your name. It's good to see people from all over the US supporting the Chiefs. I have never lived in Georgia but have spent a lot of time down there because of business. Lot's of beautiful women in your city. I look forward to seeing more of you here in the forums.
Derrick Thomas was is and always will be the king. If my daughter had beena boy her name was to be Derrick Thomas. Welcome LG58. I am glad i am not the new guy anymore

Chiefster
03-31-2007, 01:42 PM
DT was simply the best in my book!

stlchief
03-31-2007, 06:50 PM
Fellas,

It's good to see there are those of us out there that represent when the Chiefs are on the road. Here in STL in '06, it was probably 30% red. What a time! After the game, every hall in the stadium was filled the Arrowhead chant (OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-ooo-ooo-oo, ooooooooooooooo-ooo-ooo-ooo). Lots-o-fun!

ADMIN - I would like to recommend a map be placed somewhere with "stick pins" for registered forum uses. I know we have Canada / Atlanta / Nebraska / STL / Morrisvile, MO, etc. Might be nice to see where everyone is graphically.

Coach
03-31-2007, 08:42 PM
Fellas,
ADMIN - I would like to recommend a map be placed somewhere with "stick pins" for registered forum uses. I know we have Canada / Atlanta / Nebraska / STL / Morrisvile, MO, etc. Might be nice to see where everyone is graphically.

Great suggestion, let me see what I can get done.

Canada
03-31-2007, 08:43 PM
U can put my pin right on top of Arrowhead cause when I retire I am living there. They will try to get me out but it will never happen.

Coach
03-31-2007, 08:44 PM
From the sounds of your first story, I'd tend to believe you.

Chiefster
03-31-2007, 08:48 PM
U can put my pin right on top of Arrowhead cause when I retire I am living there. They will try to get me out but it will never happen.

LOL! You must be rich, I hear rent there is pretty steep. :lol:

Chiefster
03-31-2007, 08:50 PM
Fellas,

It's good to see there are those of us out there that represent when the Chiefs are on the road. Here in STL in '06, it was probably 30% red. What a time! After the game, every hall in the stadium was filled the Arrowhead chant (OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-ooo-ooo-oo, ooooooooooooooo-ooo-ooo-ooo). Lots-o-fun!

You forgot Kansas dude! LOL

Excellent idea! Athough, it could become quite an undertaking; there are Chiefs fans all over the world.

Coach
03-31-2007, 09:08 PM
Fellas,

Would something like this be sufficient?
http://www.stonyarc.com/forums/vbgooglemapme.php

jgunn1966
03-31-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm a life time Chiefs fan and saw my first game at Arrowhead in 1975 or 76 vs PGH Steelers. Willie L. was my first football hero and Ed P.(RB) was a close second. Two of my saddest days ever was hearing of Joe Delaney passing and watching ESPN News when the news of D.T. death came across the wire.I miss Marty but I don't and Carl P. is about five years away from looking like Al Davis and some of his draft picks.........Let hope last year wasn't a fluke and Herm is the man. Keep LJ,Allen and Trent(we need a back up plan, not sold on Damon or Croyle) and make a run next year. To Willie Roaf get in shape and make or for last years snub, it might keep Shields and Waters around for 1 more year. Please no more one and done in the Playoffs, it's been a long time since Joe's magic in the post-season. I still hate Bruce Smith and Kimble catch the ball! Hope to hear from some Great Fans from the Home of the KC Chiefs. Hank...R.I.P... miss you.

Canada
04-01-2007, 12:51 AM
LOL! You must be rich, I hear rent there is pretty steep. :lol:
They have to catch me to get me out.

Chiefster
04-01-2007, 07:37 AM

Well I'm sure there's pleanty of places to hide. :D

Coach
04-01-2007, 08:59 AM

And if they do catch you, you'll probably just beat them down and write 'Rent Paid' on their forehead with permanent marker.
:smil3dbd4e5e7563a: :smil3dbd4e5e7563a:

Coach
04-01-2007, 09:06 AM
I'm a life time Chiefs fan and saw my first game at Arrowhead in 1975 or 76 vs PGH Steelers. Willie L. was my first football hero and Ed P.(RB) was a close second. Two of my saddest days ever was hearing of Joe Delaney passing and watching ESPN News when the news of D.T. death came across the wire.I miss Marty but I don't and Carl P. is about five years away from looking like Al Davis and some of his draft picks.........Let hope last year wasn't a fluke and Herm is the man. Keep LJ,Allen and Trent(we need a back up plan, not sold on Damon or Croyle) and make a run next year. To Willie Roaf get in shape and make or for last years snub, it might keep Shields and Waters around for 1 more year. Please no more one and done in the Playoffs, it's been a long time since Joe's magic in the post-season. I still hate Bruce Smith and Kimble catch the ball! Hope to hear from some Great Fans from the Home of the KC Chiefs. Hank...R.I.P... miss you.

Welcome JGunn!!! It's great to see so many long time Chiefs fans there are in these forums. Most people posting in these forums have been following the Chiefs for at least 10-20 years at least. Lot's of good insight in here.
:bananen_smilies068:

Canada
04-01-2007, 09:07 AM
It is like we have known each other for years. Thats what I like about Chiefs Fans. They are smarter than everyone else. As for living at Arrowhead, I figure I can just pretend that I work there and people will just think that I am a really good employee!! I will be the first guy there every day and the last guy to leave. And I will make sure that the beer is alwyas fresh too :) That is the kind of work ethic I bring to the table.
P.S. I believe that this is my 30th post.

Canada
04-01-2007, 09:08 AM
WOOOO HOOOO!!!! Made the team! What position am I coach?

Coach
04-01-2007, 09:12 AM
What position would you like to be? If you are the guy in the red in your avatar, then you look like you could be a beast on the D-Line.

Canada
04-01-2007, 09:19 AM
I played 5 years at DE. I loooooooooooove hitting QBs :)

Chiefster
04-01-2007, 01:48 PM
It is like we have known each other for years. Thats what I like about Chiefs Fans. They are smarter than everyone else. As for living at Arrowhead, I figure I can just pretend that I work there and people will just think that I am a really good employee!! I will be the first guy there every day and the last guy to leave. And I will make sure that the beer is alwyas fresh too :) That is the kind of work ethic I bring to the table.
P.S. I believe that this is my 30th post.

But I thought you said you wouldn't leave?? :p

Look who made the team. :D

Canada
04-06-2007, 06:19 PM
Hey man...another Canadian!! woo hoo. We should get together for a game or two this year. I feel so alone with no other Chiefs fans around here. :( I was at that game too. The game sucked but it was fun getting out of the stadium.:)

jgunn1966
04-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Hey Canada #1 Chiefs fan PLEASE GET SEASON TICKETS....LOL

Canada
04-13-2007, 05:01 PM
I want to, it only costs me 200 bucks to fly down

stlchief
04-13-2007, 08:51 PM
2 Canadians in love with a MidWest football team. There is probably a joke in there somewhere....

Props to the fellas up North, eh!

Canada
04-14-2007, 11:29 AM
lol lol

Chiefster
04-14-2007, 09:32 PM
2 Canadians in love with a MidWest football team. There is probably a joke in there somewhere....

Props to the fellas up North, eh!

Hey our Chiefs brothers in the Great White North are hard core fans! :)

Coach
04-14-2007, 11:50 PM
If you guys end up going to a game, shoot me a message. I think I'm going to do some kind of promo for this site at one of the games. I've got a couple of ideas, but would be intersted in yours.

Canada
04-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Sept 23 home opener v Min. I will be there. 156 more days till i leave!!

Chiefster
04-15-2007, 11:18 PM
If you guys end up going to a game, shoot me a message. I think I'm going to do some kind of promo for this site at one of the games. I've got a couple of ideas, but would be intersted in yours.

What kind of ideas? :D

raptorcox
04-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Hey fellas! I am new to this board!

chief31
04-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Well, welcome to the crowd.

Chiefster
04-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Well, welcome to the crowd.

Ditto that; make yourself at home raptocox! :)

Coach
04-21-2007, 01:08 PM

Welcome Raptor.

Coach
04-21-2007, 01:09 PM
What kind of ideas? :D

Ideas on things that I could give away that would bear the name of this site. Eg. keychains, t-shirts, beer can coolers, etc.

Chiefster
04-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Ideas on things that I could give away that would bear the name of this site. Eg. keychains, t-shirts, beer can coolers, etc.

If there's anything I can do to assist with this let me know via PM. :)

Canada
04-23-2007, 08:20 PM
beer!! lots and lots of sweet cold beer!!

Coach
04-24-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm not going to be brewing it, but I could certainly sponsor a ChiefsCrowd.com Tent with a few kegs. We would all need to try to make the game. This could be fun.

Chiefster
04-24-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm not going to be brewing it, but I could certainly sponsor a ChiefsCrowd.com Tent with a few kegs. We would all need to try to make the game. This could be fun.

Absolutely!!!

Canada
04-25-2007, 09:19 AM
beer tent...kegs...I;m just gonna start walking now to make sure I get there on time :)

Chiefster
04-25-2007, 09:36 AM
beer tent...kegs...I;m just gonna start walking now to make sure I get there on time :)

RUN FORREST RUN!!!

Canada
04-25-2007, 10:05 AM
RUN FORREST RUN!!!
U aren't the first person to say that to me. I am starting to worry. :)

Canada
04-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Face painting too!! I look good with a RED and GOLD head!! GO CHIEFS!!

Chiefster
04-25-2007, 11:45 AM

It would be cool to have a lap top on hand with wireless internet with which to sign up new members. Just a suggestion.

stlchief
04-27-2007, 09:16 PM
The beer can coolies are a good idea. You need something that people will see. I would say get a 100 nerf footballs / frisbees / something you throw (with ChiefsCrowd.com on them), get a large flag made with ChiefsCrowd.com on it, park it in the parking lot at a home game, get a couple of cute young ladies to walk around the parking lot and direct people to sign up at the flag to get a gift. I don't think there is a hot spot that will reach into the parking lot, so you'll need a Cingular wireless card or something like that. I would be happy to help (love the site).

Canada
04-27-2007, 10:01 PM
The beer can coolies are a good idea. You need something that people will see. I would say get a 100 nerf footballs / frisbees / something you throw (with ChiefsCrowd.com on them), get a large flag made with ChiefsCrowd.com on it, park it in the parking lot at a home game, get a couple of cute young ladies to walk around the parking lot and direct people to sign up at the flag to get a gift. I don't think there is a hot spot that will reach into the parking lot, so you'll need a Cingular wireless card or something like that. I would be happy to help (love the site).
and I am game for helping to round up the cute young ladies!!

Chiefster
04-27-2007, 11:54 PM

Thank you for your willingness to help, and you have great ideas, however, I don't know what the budget is like. Everything about the site now has come straight out of admin's pocket, and, trust me, it isn't cheep, and he hasn't asked for any donations nor has he charged for use of the site. The only reason I bring this up, and I'm talking to myself here as well, is that if we are serious about our suggestions then it might be prudent to contribute more then ideas.

Not tryin to preach, I just wanted to temper the enthusiasm with some real world logistics.

Chiefster
04-27-2007, 11:57 PM
and I am game for helping to round up the cute young ladies!!

Ok, but no nappy headed ho's. :D
j/k

Canada
04-28-2007, 08:57 AM
Thank you for your willingness to help, and you have great ideas, however, I don't know what the budget is like. Everything about the site now has come straight out of admin's pocket, and, trust me, it isn't cheep, and he hasn't asked for any donations nor has he charged for use of the site. The only reason I bring this up, and I'm talking to myself here as well, is that if we are serious about our suggestions then it might be prudent to contribute more then ideas.

Not tryin to preach, I just wanted to temper the enthusiasm with some real world logistics.
I can make a donation (in Candaian money :) ) j/k. I would happily donate some $$ to help out. Not a lot mind you. Flight hotel car rental gets expensive. Not to mention I drink A LOT of beer. :) Just let me know what I can do to try and help.

Coach
04-28-2007, 10:52 AM

Lot's of good ideas here. Let me give them some thought. I definitely love the idea of hiring some hot girls to hand them out. Or directing people to our beer tent, even better. Keep the ideas coming.

Coach
04-28-2007, 10:55 AM

Yeah, it does come out of my pocket so that limits the budget a bit. But, I don't want you guys to have to pay for it either. You do enough by continuing to visit the site. I'll probably look into selling some ads on the site to pay for some of it.

Chiefster
04-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Yeah, it does come out of my pocket so that limits the budget a bit. But, I don't want you guys to have to pay for it either. You do enough by continuing to visit the site. I'll probably look into selling some ads on the site to pay for some of it.

If there is anything I can do to help then PM me with the details and I'll do my best buddy! :)

grimes82
05-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Hey Im Mike, and have been a chiefs fan since I was a kid in the Christian Okoye days. I wasnt too big in to them though until a few years ago...and now I pretty much know all about the team. I can say I am a little dissapointed in the Trent situation, just because I have liked him for so long. I agree he prob needs to go, but it looks like it might start getting ugly, which I hate to see after all he has been through in kc. Everybody from where I live in Maryland are dogging me out saying that Chiefs are going to be one of the worst teams in the leage this year....I dont see it. I know we need OL but I think CP will pick some up before the offseason. That is really our only weakness in my opinion. Well anyone feel free to write me, I love discussing chiefs info.

Chiefster
05-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Hey Im Mike, and have been a chiefs fan since I was a kid in the Christian Okoye days. I wasnt too big in to them though until a few years ago...and now I pretty much know all about the team. I can say I am a little dissapointed in the Trent situation, just because I have liked him for so long. I agree he prob needs to go, but it looks like it might start getting ugly, which I hate to see after all he has been through in kc. Everybody from where I live in Maryland are dogging me out saying that Chiefs are going to be one of the worst teams in the leage this year....I dont see it. I know we need OL but I think CP will pick some up before the offseason. That is really our only weakness in my opinion. Well anyone feel free to write me, I love discussing chiefs info.

Welcome aboard the "Crowd" Mike! AAAAHHH, I remember the Okoye days well; loved watching that guy run. Anyway, please feel free to make yourself at home. :D

Canada
05-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Hey Mike! GO CHIEFS!!

chief31
05-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Hey, Mike, Glad to have you aboard. Feel free to inform me of anything that you feel like I am F.O.S. on.

Chiefster
05-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Hey, Mike, Glad to have you aboard. Feel free to inform me of anything that you feel like I am F.O.S. on.

LOL!!! You don't have to inform me of such; I already know it.

Coach
05-09-2007, 12:17 AM

The Chiefs certainly won't be one of the worst teams, but they need to do some more work if they plan to contend for an AFC West title. Next year will hinge on the success of the QB change in my opinion.

Chiefster
05-09-2007, 12:22 AM
The Chiefs certainly won't be one of the worst teams, but they need to do some more work if they plan to contend for an AFC West title. Next year will hinge on the success of the QB change in my opinion.

That and how well our new "O" line performs.

grimes82
05-10-2007, 03:15 PM
So who thinks Croyle is going to be the real deal? I was kind of upset that we got a kicker in the 5th round when Troy Smith was still out there. I havnt seen any films of Croyle, but I wasnt too impressed in preseason or when he got in when we were being crushed by the Steelers. I know it takes time though, just wondered if anyone thinks he will be the man this year.

Chiefster
05-10-2007, 03:21 PM
So who thinks Croyle is going to be the real deal? I was kind of upset that we got a kicker in the 5th round when Troy Smith was still out there. I havnt seen any films of Croyle, but I wasnt too impressed in preseason or when he got in when we were being crushed by the Steelers. I know it takes time though, just wondered if anyone thinks he will be the man this year.

Hard to say; I've spoken to Bama fans who swear by the guy while others don't have nearly as high an opinion of him. However, it looks as if he will have the same opportunity to compete for the starting position as Huard and who knows, maybe even Green.

grimes82
05-10-2007, 03:24 PM
so you think Green still has a chance for KC even though he has openly said he wont play there?

YZILLA
05-10-2007, 03:40 PM
I think Smith would have been a great pickup. Everyone says his size is why he went so far down in the draft. (Anyone remember a guy named Doug Flutie ) ? He was a miracle worker on the field for a guy his size. Although Smith may never turn out to have Fluties stats.He would have been nice to have in the lineup!

Chiefster
05-10-2007, 03:49 PM
so you think Green still has a chance for KC even though he has openly said he wont play there?

What I'm saying is that, at least, for the time being he and the Chiefs seem to be stuck with one another.

chief31
05-11-2007, 02:11 AM

I have been hearing good things, from some people, but, I haven't seen anything, from him, that gives me any hope. Stricktly speculating, I am gonna guess no, Bringing in a "rookie" to play behind a "srap-work" offensive line, likely won't be a good scenario.

Chiefster
05-11-2007, 05:16 AM
I have been hearing good things, from some people, but, I haven't seen anything, from him, that gives me any hope. Stricktly speculating, I am gonna guess no, Bringing in a "rookie" to play behind a "srap-work" offensive line, likely won't be a good scenario.

Nice sig! :D

chief31
05-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Nice sig! :D

Yeah, I'm trying to help Kenny keep the :wheelchair: away.lol.

Chiefster
05-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Yeah, I'm trying to help Kenny keep the :wheelchair: away.lol.

Your efforts are much appreciated. :D