PDA

View Full Version : The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

hermhater
01-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.jpgDemocratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.

rbedgood
01-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Doesn't really matter that she won...NH was close enough that she and Barrack got the same number of delegates. Heading to the south, Barrack will regain momentum.

hermhater
01-09-2008, 12:08 AM
Doesn't really matter that she won...NH was close enough that she and Barrack got the same number of delegates. Heading to the south, Barrack will regain momentum.

I was actually more pissed off that McCain won the Republican primary.

The Dems are gonna lose this election if they nominate a female or minority.

The American public is not ready to vote for either of them, even though they would do better than any of the Republican nominees.

IlovetheChiefs
01-09-2008, 12:18 AM
I was very happy after Iowa the other night but now dejected after New Hampshire. I think Hillary is by far the worst and most dangerous and power obsessed. She wants the White House more than the New England Patriots want a perfect season!
And there was talk of her possibly being finished if she lost tonight. Oh well, woulda been fun to see but as Chiefs fans know from this past season, ya can't win em' all :)

prough91
01-09-2008, 12:25 AM
I was actually more pissed off that McCain won the Republican primary.

The Dems are gonna lose this election if they nominate a female or minority.

The American public is not ready to vote for either of them, even though they would do better than any of the Republican nominees.

McCain is the best option the GOP has. He's more middle of the road and willing to work with the other party also.

tammietailgator
01-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Wow, I have such a different view of this election year than you all. It's scary to me that I agree with you all on the football field....or virtual football field. But when it comes to politics - I am completely at the other end of the spectrum.... this is going to be a long run.

:sign0153:

hermhater
01-09-2008, 12:32 AM
McCain is the best option the GOP has. He's more middle of the road and willing to work with the other party also.

You're right about that, but I still can't stomach any liars...

YouTube - John McCain vs. John McCain

:mob:

hermhater
01-09-2008, 12:35 AM
Wow, I have such a different view of this election year than you all. It's scary to me that I agree with you all on the football field....or virtual football field. But when it comes to politics - I am completely at the other end of the spectrum.... this is going to be a long run.

What do you mean?

You want Hillary?

I don't think she can win an election, and that is what I am basing my opinions on.

I can't take another Republican in the White House.

I am not a Dem either, but since there are only 2 nominees that could possibly win the election I would rather a Dem win.

And they have no chance with a female or minority.

No bigotry or prejudice here, I wold vote for either one of them over a Rep, but I hope John Edwards gets the Dem nod, so the Dems have a chance to win.

IlovetheChiefs
01-09-2008, 12:39 AM

But I think you had said that you thought all of the candidates were a pretty bad field this year and therefore you and I are in huge agreement there.

You're right about that, but I still can't stomach any liars...

Which is why I detest virtually all politicians!

rbedgood
01-09-2008, 12:40 AM

Ugh...as an AZ resident, I'll respectfully disagree. McCain is the worst candidate.

Guru
01-09-2008, 12:40 AM
This is going to be the ugliest election we have seen in years.

rbedgood
01-09-2008, 12:44 AM
This is going to be the ugliest election we have seen in years.

I agree that Hillary is ugly...but what does that have to do with the election?!:lol: :lol:

Guru
01-09-2008, 12:50 AM
I agree that Hillary is ugly...but what does that have to do with the election?!:lol: :lol:

U G L Y!!! You UGLY. UH UH UH YOU UGLY!!!!!

rbedgood
01-09-2008, 12:53 AM

HAHAHAHAHA...your funny Mr G

hermhater
01-09-2008, 12:55 AM

I agree with rbedgood!

That was very funny Guru!

Didn't expect that from you...

:lol:

IlovetheChiefs
01-09-2008, 12:56 AM
Indeed!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/64.jpg

hermhater
01-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Indeed!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/64.jpg

Damn dude, I need some eye bleach!

Guru
01-09-2008, 01:02 AM
Damn dude, I need some eye bleach!

Well, at least eye bleach will sting less.

tammietailgator
01-09-2008, 01:05 AM
I never want to see Hillary in office.. Condoleezza Rice YES! if there were to be a woman in office. I am more right wing. I do not want to become disagreeable here, but man oh man... I am voting for McCain more than likely, but I need to do some more research.

IlovetheChiefs
01-09-2008, 01:09 AM
Ugh, I'm with rbedgood that McCain is my least liked of the GOP field.
Maybe this won't be too good a year: Dallas and New England in the Super Bowl (UGH!) and McCain vs. Hillary (UGH!)

hermhater
01-09-2008, 01:10 AM
Well, at least eye bleach will sting less.

Mr. Hilarity tonight Guru!

:sign0098: :lol:

tammietailgator
01-09-2008, 01:12 AM
I know there are better GOP candidates out there, but they are not running. So, yes this year sucks, but I cannot vote for the dems... they are already the majority - I refuse to give them more rope.

prough91
Mr. Hilarity tonight Guru!

:sign0098: :lol:

Maybe chiefster gave him one of those little blue pills.

hermhater
I never want to see Hillary in office.. Condoleezza Rice YES! if there were to be a woman in office. I am more right wing. I do not want to become disagreeable here, but man oh man... I am voting for McCain more than likely, but I need to do some more research.

Disagree away!

Personally I don't base my friendships / aquaintainces
on political opinions because then I wouldn't be able to talk to anyone!

Guru
01-09-2008, 01:13 AM
Maybe chiefster gave him one of those little blue pills.
I don't need those stinking blue pills. Ask my wife.:D

IlovetheChiefs
01-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Disagree away!

Personally I don't base my friendships / aquaintainces
on political opinions because then I wouldn't be able to talk to anyone!

Same for me! Like a friend of mine is a big supporter of Hillary. Heck, I've even befriended Raider fans before! :lol:

Guru
01-09-2008, 01:21 AM
I just listen to Rush.

IlovetheChiefs
01-09-2008, 01:23 AM
I just listen to Rush.

Uh oh, tim is back yet again and this time as a mod in disguise! Heh, JK!

tammietailgator
01-09-2008, 01:23 AM
Good, I don't want to make enemies over politics. I just want everyone here to remember... Vote your local freaking elections also! The dems are the majority right now and you need to remember this when voting. Oh, and dont watch the media reports... study the elections yourself, don't count on fox if you are a righter.... but Don't count on ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, etc... if you are a lefty

:D

hermhater
01-09-2008, 01:24 AM
I just listen to Rush.

Ditto!

IlovetheChiefs
01-09-2008, 01:27 AM
I like to listen to Mike Gallagher but I wouldn't be surprised if no one else here knows who he is. :)

hermhater
01-09-2008, 01:27 AM
Good, I don't want to make enemies over politics. I just want everyone here to remember... Vote your local freaking elections also! The dems are the majority right now and you need to remember this when voting. Oh, and dont watch the media reports... study the elections yourself, don't count on fox if you are a righter.... but Don't count on ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, etc... if you are a lefty

That was very diplomatic!

I listen to them all and make my own decisions based upon the most reputable of the various sources on the subject they are reporting.

I have subscriptions to only 2 magazines. Newsweek and Playboy.

Voting is the most important thing, I agree.

hermhater
01-09-2008, 01:28 AM
I like to listen to Mike Gallagher but I wouldn't be surprised if no one else here knows who he is. :)

The guy that smacks watermelons with a big log hammer?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/65.jpg

IlovetheChiefs
01-09-2008, 01:29 AM
That was very diplomatic!

I listen to them all and make my own decisions based upon the most reputable of the various sources on the subject they are reporting.

I have subscriptions to only 2 magazines. Newsweek and Playboy.

Voting is the most important thing, I agree.

So it is true what I've long heard, that Playboy has good articles to read, heh.

Guru
01-09-2008, 01:30 AM
Uh oh, tim is back yet again and this time as a mod in disguise! Heh, JK!

Actually, I meant THIS Rush....

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/66.jpg

IlovetheChiefs
01-09-2008, 01:32 AM

Not quite!

tammietailgator
01-09-2008, 01:32 AM

Thats funny!

IlovetheChiefs
01-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Actually the watermelon guy does kind of resemble the radio (http://mikeonline.com/) guy (besides the moustache)

hermhater
01-09-2008, 01:55 AM
Actually the watermelon guy does kind of resemble the radio (http://mikeonline.com/) guy (besides the moustache)

That guy looks like Bill Bradley.

rbedgood
01-09-2008, 02:48 AM

I do...he's not my favorite, but I like him.

hermhater
01-09-2008, 03:22 AM
I do...he's not my favorite, but I like him.

How many sources of news do you pay attention to?

rbedgood
01-09-2008, 03:28 AM
How many sources of news do you pay attention to?

In my travels I often surf the radio looking for a station. I have heard many, many different talk show hosts. Gallagher is a very insightful guy. I personally prefer Bill O'Reilly or Glen Beck on the radio, but I follow many. I generally prefer ESPN radio, but unfortunately in some remote areas they don't have an affiliate station.

hermhater
01-09-2008, 03:30 AM
In my travels I often surf the radio looking for a station. I have heard many, many different talk show hosts. Gallagher is a very insightful guy. I personally prefer Bill O'Reilly or Glen Beck on the radio, but I follow many. I generally prefer ESPN radio, but unfortunately in some remote areas they don't have an affiliate station.

Sucks to be away from home so often man.

O'Reilly is pretty good for a laugh!

Guru
01-09-2008, 03:40 AM

Glen Beck ROCKS man. Oh, and I do like Rush too.

hermhater
01-09-2008, 03:42 AM
Glen Beck ROCKS man. Oh, and I do like Rush too.

Ditto!

Canada
01-09-2008, 10:13 AM
I hope Hillary wins....I want to see what she does to an intern in the oval office!!

IlovetheChiefs
01-09-2008, 11:48 AM
I hope Hillary wins....I want to see what she does to an intern in the oval office!!

But don't forget that if Hillary wins then Bill is back in the White House too (as First ... Gentleman?).

So it may be Bill himself again who does not have sexual relations with those interns.

:11:

Canada
01-09-2008, 03:38 PM
I hope he does......n't!!

anaeelbackwards
01-09-2008, 03:49 PM

:mob: she will not have any sexual relations with any intern.... :toast2: :sign0103:

rbedgood
01-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Dude, he gets to just party this time around...oh wait, how's that different from his last time in the White House.

Canada
01-09-2008, 04:53 PM
:mob: she will not have any sexual relations with any intern.... :toast2: :sign0103:

Where do i apply to be an intern?? Im gonna be famous

rbedgood
01-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Where do i apply to be an intern?? Im gonna be famous

Sorry I'd have to get more than famous to get near that...

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh47/rbedgood17/th_ScaryHillary.jpg
...more or less touch it...ugh

Canada
01-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Sorry I'd have to get more than famous to get near that...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/67.jpg
...more or less touch it...ugh

uhhhh....I'm obviously going to get drunk too!! :drunkhb:

prough91
01-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Hey, I found kind of a cool website. You take a quiz and rank how important certain issues are to you. It then shows you the candidate that holds similar views and kind of breaks it down where you're similar with the candidate and where you differ. After you take the quiz, you can also pick any candidate to see how similar your views are to theirs.

http://glassbooth.org/

anaeelbackwards
01-09-2008, 06:06 PM
uhhhh....I'm obviously going to get drunk too!! :drunkhb:

i can only imagine the mini bars in the white house.

the probably got that **** too... hah

make mine a budweiser!

boy id love to see. :0)

rbedgood
01-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Hey, I found kind of a cool website. You take a quiz and rank how important certain issues are to you. It then shows you the candidate that holds similar views and kind of breaks it down where you're similar with the candidate and where you differ. After you take the quiz, you can also pick any candidate to see how similar your views are to theirs.

HAHA...it tells me Duncan Hunter is my guy...Thompson should be my 2nd choice, and Ron Paul 3rd.

Since none of those guys have a snowballs chance in hell of winning I'll have to do my own homework.

prough91
01-09-2008, 11:15 PM
HAHA...it tells me Duncan Hunter is my guy...Thompson should be my 2nd choice, and Ron Paul 3rd.

Since none of those guys have a snowballs chance in hell of winning I'll have to do my own homework.

I got to pokin' around the site after I posted that and you can look up each candidate and see how they stand on each position. It's pretty informative and easy to use. Also, by the looks of it, as the candidates drop out, they make it so their names aren't even an option.

hermhater
01-09-2008, 11:22 PM
I just took it and surprise, I am a big loser!

Seems the only candidates who have the right ideas, are unpopular.

Guru
01-09-2008, 11:45 PM

I don't know who the hell Duncan Hunter is but he is my first choice according to that site. Second was McCain and third was Romney.

Guess I will stick with my original choice of Romney.

I want to learn more about Thompson though.

rbedgood
01-10-2008, 12:35 AM
I went through all of the candidates and Huckabee was just barely off the list of my closest matches. Romney isn't far behind, but I like Huckabee better than any of the 3 this site gave me...so I'll probably stay in his camp at least through the primaries.

The only candidate I absolutely can't get behind is Hillary. I'm not a big fan of Barrack, but I'll breathe a huge sigh of relief if he wins the primary. Even though I think he has a better chance of knocking off my chosen candidate, Hillary concerns me on many issues, primarily INTEGRITY.

prough91
01-10-2008, 12:37 AM
I went through all of the candidates and Huckabee was just barely off the list of my closest matches. Romney isn't far behind, but I like Huckabee better than any of the 3 this site gave me...so I'll probably stay in his camp at least through the primaries.

The only candidate I absolutely can't get behind is Hillary. I'm not a big fan of Barrack, but I'll breathe a huge sigh of relief if he wins the primary. Even though I think he has a better chance of knocking off my chosen candidate, Hillary concerns me on many issues, primarily INTEGRITY.

The more interviews I watch with Obama, the more I like him.

Guru
01-10-2008, 12:41 AM

Huckabee should really be running as a Democrat or Independent.

Guru
01-10-2008, 12:42 AM

I think we will learn a lot about him when he finally starts getting challenged with more difficult questions. It seems like everyone is afraid to go after him right now.

hermhater
01-10-2008, 12:48 AM

I would vote for Obama in a second.

He is too young to have been completely corrupted, and he actually has a diverse background which might help him see different points of view.

Unfortunately the American public is not ready to vote for blah, blah, blah... I have said it many times before.

I realize I am discussing this topic with mostly Republicans (I have no affiliation myself, call me a waffler or whatever), so once again I hope John Edwards gets the Dem nod.

Guru
01-10-2008, 12:49 AM
I would vote for Obama in a second.

He is too young to have been completely corrupted, and he actually has a diverse background which might help him see different points of views.

Unfortunately the American public is not ready to vote for blah, blah, blah... I have said it many times before.

I realize I am discussing this topic with mostly Republicans (I have no affiliation myself, call me a waffler or whatever), so once again I hope John Edwards gets the Dem nod.

Mr. Mansion who wants to look out for the little guy that doesn't even have to pay taxes? that John Edwards?

rbedgood
01-10-2008, 12:52 AM
Huckabee should really be running as a Democrat or Independent.

Independent maybe, but not a Democrat. McCain would also fall better categerized as another party.

Guru
01-10-2008, 12:53 AM
Independent maybe, but not a Democrat. McCain would also fall better categerized as another party.

Agreed on McCain as well. I don't like either one of them.

hermhater
01-10-2008, 12:55 AM
Mr. Mansion who wants to look out for the little guy that doesn't even have to pay taxes? that John Edwards?

The little guys who aren't paying taxes are getting away with about the same thing as the big guys who aren't paying enough.

He made his money winning lawsuits (some of them frivolous, I'm sure) for the little guy, fighting against the corporations that are taking control of the government.

Yeah, that John Edwards.

He has the scruples of a politician, but which politicians don't?

rbedgood
01-10-2008, 12:57 AM
The little guys who aren't paying taxes are getting away with about the same thing as the big guys who aren't paying enough.

He made his money winning lawsuits (some of them frivolous, I'm sure) for the little guy, fighting against the corporations that are taking control of the government.

Yeah, that John Edwards.

He has already said he will "Raise Taxes" to pay for the programs he wants to create. It may be honest, but it isn't a good way to win an election.

prough91
01-10-2008, 12:58 AM

Yeah, that John Edwards.

I noticed tonight that he had a little more southern drawl in his accent now that South Carolina is in view.

Guru
01-10-2008, 12:58 AM

Yeah, that John Edwards.

I don't trust any politician that aligns himself with John Kerry.

As far as taxes go, visit www.rushlimbaugh.com. Breaks it down nicely.

hermhater
01-10-2008, 01:07 AM
I noticed tonight that he had a little more southern drawl in his accent now that South Carolina is in view.

He's a politician.

He panders to his audience.

The closer he gets to his constituency he will adapt.

I don't blame him, or any other candidate that uses charm to win votes.

Reagan?

hermhater
01-10-2008, 01:08 AM
I don't trust any politician that aligns himself with John Kerry.

As far as taxes go, visit www.rushlimbaugh.com (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com). Breaks it down nicely.

I agree with the Kerry part!

prough91
01-10-2008, 01:08 AM
He's a politician.

He panders to his audience.

The closer he gets to his constituency he will adapt.

I don't blame him, or any other candidate that uses charm to win votes.

Reagan?

I just thought it was funny. I get more concerned with Congressional elections.

hermhater
01-10-2008, 01:10 AM
I just thought it was funny. I get more concerned with Congressional elections.

Policy is made by the Prez.

Guru
01-10-2008, 01:10 AM
I agree with the Kerry part!

Everyone says that the rich get all the tax breaks. I have seen nothing but good tax breaks for the middle and lower class since Bush 2 took office.

tornadospotter
01-10-2008, 01:12 AM
I am just wondering? Is this a site for the Chiefs Nation!? If we are going to talk about politics, Start a political forum for it on the Chiefs Crowd! I do not want to tick off anybody with my personal USA political believes!!!! I have Strong political feelings, but I do not think this is the place to talk about them, a member was banned for talking about this, lets keep this about are our common passion, The Chiefs!!!!!! Dammit, I do not want to know if you are a Democrat or a Republican or independent, If you want to do this, It is not a Chiefs Site! So talk to each other Threw PMs, If Coach wants to start this in a USA Political forum I will be happy to post there about political issues!

hermhater
01-10-2008, 01:12 AM
Everyone says that the rich get all the tax breaks. I have seen nothing but good tax breaks for the middle and lower class since Bush 2 took office.

3 months after Bush got elected, I got a 300 dollar tax rebate.

That paid for one month of food.

I didn't see the tax break doing me any good.

Don't get me wrong, the day my son was born Clinton was elected and the first thing he did was to stop military pay raises.

I was in the Army at the time.

I am not Dem or Rep.

hermhater
01-10-2008, 01:15 AM
I am just wondering? Is this a site for the Chiefs Nation!? If we are going to talk about politics, Start a political forum for it on the Chiefs Crowd! I do not want to tick off anybody with my personal USA political believes!!!! I have Strong political feelings, but I do not think this is the place to talk about them, a member was banned for talking about this, lets keep this about are our common passion, The Chiefs!!!!!! Dammit, I do not want to know if you are a Democrat or a Republican or independent, If you want to do this, It is not a Chiefs Site! So talk to each other Threw PMs, If Coach wants to start this in a USA Political forum I will be happy to post there about political issues!

This is an issue that concerns all Americans (as well as the world) and it is a current topic.

I apologize if the discussion offends you, but it was topical and on my mind when I started the thread.

Guru
01-10-2008, 01:18 AM

It is one thread on an entire site and it is in the Locker room. No offense meant at all here but if you don't like the subject matter of the thread, don't read it.

Don't feel like you have to apologize for it HH. If the Locker Room were getting inundated with tons of political nonsense and we were arguing hatefully to no end, that would be different.

hermhater
01-10-2008, 01:24 AM
It is one thread on an entire site and it is in the Locker room. No offense meant at all here but if you don't like the subject matter of the thread, don't read it.

Don't feel like you have to apologize for it HH. If the Locker Room were getting inundated with tons of political nonsense and we were arguing hatefully to no end, that would be different.

Rep.

tornadospotter
01-10-2008, 01:26 AM
This is an issue that concerns all Americans (as well as the world) and it is a current topic.
I agree,
I apologize if the discussion offends you, but it was topical and on my mind when I started the thread.
This discussion does not offend me! But if we are going to discuss politics, then put them in a forum for that! Then who wants to talk about politics can. It can then be a way to voice opinions for those who want to.

Guru
01-10-2008, 01:32 AM
This discussion does not offend me! But if we are going to discuss politics, then put them in a forum for that! Then who wants to talk about politics can. It can then be a way to voice opinions for those who want to.

We don't need a forum for this. We have enough forums. One thread is enough.

I will adjust it a little.

hermhater
01-10-2008, 01:32 AM

I always thought the Locker Room was where I could post anything that I though relevant. (Or not relevant :D)

I guess Coach could create a special Politics forum for the election year though.

Submit it as an Idea in the idea forums Tornado.

This election has another year to go.

hermhater
01-10-2008, 01:35 AM

What does that mean?

hermhater
01-10-2008, 01:35 AM
I see.

Good job Guru!

Guru
01-10-2008, 01:36 AM
I always thought the Locker Room was where I could post anything that I though relevant. (Or not relevant :D)

I guess Coach could create a special Politics forum for the election year though.

Submit it as an Idea in the idea forums Tornado.

This election has another year to go.

Actually less than 10 months now.

We have the HARDCORE Chiefs forum. You will ALWAYS get football talk there. Or the Other NFL teams forum.

There are ways to avoid threads you don't like.

tornadospotter
01-10-2008, 01:39 AM

I agree Guru, but the topic of the thread was about a USA Political event, and all I am saying is, if we are going to talk about USA Pollitical news, start a forum, to talk about it.

Chiefster
01-10-2008, 01:42 AM

Yep

Yep, and...

We have the HARDCORE Chiefs forum. You will ALWAYS get football talk there. Or the Other NFL teams forum.

Yep!!!

Guru
01-10-2008, 01:43 AM
I agree Guru, but the topic of the thread was about a USA Political event, and all I am saying is, if we are going to talk about USA Pollitical news, start a forum, to talk about it.

I know. Trust me, I know.

I have seen first hand how creating a political forum on a sports site can turn upside down though.

I feel it will be better to the community to bundle it all into one thread rather than make an entire forum about it that will only get ugly.

Chiefster
01-10-2008, 01:44 AM

There is not a need for this, it is where it should be; in a forum designed for talk about ANYTHING.

Chiefster
01-10-2008, 01:48 AM
I know. Trust me, I know.

I have seen first hand how creating a political forum on a sports site can turn upside down though.

I feel it will be better to the community to bundle it all into one thread rather than make an entire forum about it that will only get ugly.

You and me both bud.

prough91
01-10-2008, 01:49 AM

Is there anything new news we can discuss about the Chiefs? The Chiefs talk is gonna get stale until draft day, we can only rehash what we think they should do so many times until we're pretty much beating a dead horse. Now, when something noteworthy happens, such as the new O.C. hire, then we can all have a bunch of new fresh opinions. I think of a lot of these guys on here as my friends and enjoy talking to them about other things in life besides the Chiefs. Also, the member you referred to, I believe, got banned for more than just his political views.

tornadospotter
01-10-2008, 01:51 AM
What does that mean?

I see.

Good job Guru!

I agree Guru, but the topic of the thread was about a USA Political event, and all I am saying is, if we are going to talk about USA Political news, start a forum, to talk about it.
That works for me! Now does that allow a person that was banned to now be allowed back on. That person can now have a place to put political issues out to be talked about?

Guru
01-10-2008, 01:54 AM
That works for me! Now does that allow a person that was banned to now be allowed back on. That person can now have a place to put political issues out to be talked about?

He wasn't banned for his political views, he was banned for being a complete ***.:11:

Chiefster
01-10-2008, 01:55 AM
Is there anything new news we can discuss about the Chiefs? The Chiefs talk is gonna get stale until draft day, we can only rehash what we think they should do so many times until we're pretty much beating a dead horse. Now, when something noteworthy happens, such as the new O.C. hire, then we can all have a bunch of new fresh opinions. I think of a lot of these guys on here as my friends and enjoy talking to them about other things in life besides the Chiefs. Also, the member you referred to, I believe, got banned for more than just his political views.

Eggsactly.

rbedgood

Well said Prough. "The member" ironically got suspended and then banned for posting video that was not appropriate, after spending weeks attacking everyone else from his moral "high horse". HAHA...

Anyhow, I personally think the locker room is a perfect place for this one thread. It can easily be ignored by anyone who so chooses, and allows the rest of us to share beliefs, feelings, opinions and news on something we find very important.

All the regular rules apply regarding respect to others, and keeping the discussion clean. This can be a productive way for many of us to learn about others opinions, etc.

hermhater

Of course it allows a person that has been banned to get back on the site!

Welcome back!

Chiefster
01-10-2008, 01:56 AM
He wasn't banned for his political views, he was banned for being a complete ***.:11:

Yer bein nice. :D

Guru
01-10-2008, 01:57 AM

Welcome back!

NOPE!!!!

Guru
01-10-2008, 01:58 AM
Well said Prough. "The member" ironically got suspended and then banned for posting video that was not appropriate, after spending weeks attacking everyone else from his moral "high horse". HAHA...

Anyhow, I personally think the locker room is a perfect place for this one thread. It can easily be ignored by anyone who so chooses, and allows the rest of us to share beliefs, feelings, opinions and news on something we find very important.

All the regular rules apply regarding respect to others, and keeping the discussion clean. This can be a productive way for many of us to learn about others opinions, etc.

Most definitely. If the thread gets out of hand, it will be temporarily closed for a cooling off period.

Chiefster
01-10-2008, 01:59 AM

If only you were a Chiefs fan! :D

REP!

prough91
01-10-2008, 02:00 AM
Most definitely. If the thread gets out of hand, it will be temporarily closed for a cooling off period.

When I was first reading through all the posts, I was actually a little amazed at how civil everyone was being.

tornadospotter
01-10-2008, 02:01 AM
Well, then fine I hope that Hillary and Obama, never see the White House as President. I am a Republican!

rbedgood
01-10-2008, 02:01 AM
When I was first reading through all the posts, I was actually a little amazed at how civil everyone was being.

That's what happens when 21 year old, racist, chauvanist pigs are removed from the community...(it's not against the rules to call non-members names...right??)

Chiefster
01-10-2008, 02:04 AM
NOPE!!!!

I second that.

hermhater
01-10-2008, 02:04 AM
NOPE!!!!

I know that the mods and Coach are doing everything possible to keep him away (if it's a him), but we have a few of him left here right now.

Chiefster
01-10-2008, 02:05 AM
That's what happens when 21 year old, racist, chauvanist pigs are removed from the community...(it's not against the rules to call non-members names...right??)

Not at all.

prough91
01-10-2008, 02:05 AM

Nope. I already asked.

hermhater
01-10-2008, 02:09 AM

Everyone should have the right to free speech, unless it is to incite hate and acrimony.

If ones views don't skew with the rest of the community, then they should try and be respectful, and either express them elsewhere or not at all.

Guru
01-10-2008, 02:10 AM
Well, then fine I hope that Hillary and Obama, never see the White House as President. I am a Republican!

Redeeming quality. :D

I prefer Conservative over Republican though. I am not anti-democrat. They just are not giving me much reason to like them at this time.

rbedgood
01-10-2008, 02:13 AM
Everyone should have the right to free speech, unless it is to incite hate and acrimony.

If ones views don't skew with the rest of the community, then they should try and be respectful, and either express them elsewhere or not at all.

Jerry Fletcher...not all of us are buying what you're selling.

hermhater
01-10-2008, 02:13 AM
Redeeming quality. :D

I prefer Conservative over Republican though. I am not anti-democrat. They just are not giving me much reason to like them at this time.

Me too.

This is the biggest problem in American politics right now.

The two sides have such hard stances on "wedge" issues that it is hard to decide who the hell to vote for.

Guru
01-10-2008, 02:16 AM
Me too.

This is the biggest problem in American politics right now.

The two sides have such hard stances on "wedge" issues that it is hard to decide who the hell to vote for.

I just want a politician that doesn't speak out of both sides of his/her mouth.

hermhater
01-10-2008, 02:18 AM

Those went out the door with Ike.

tornadospotter
01-10-2008, 02:19 AM
Yes he was!

I did not see that Video!
Ok, I will feel free to talk about my personal polictical believes in this new thread, rember that I am a fellow
Chief Fan and do not hold my personal polilitcal belives against me!

I always respect fellow members and all Chiefs Fans, no mater what.

Welcome back!
If you think I am tim, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rbedgood
01-10-2008, 02:22 AM

We haven't had one since Eisenhower...although Chiefster would probably point back to Honest Abe...

rbedgood
01-10-2008, 02:24 AM
Those went out the door with Ike.

We haven't had one since Eisenhower...although Chiefster would probably point back to Honest Abe...

HH...we agreed on a political view...albeit minor we both pointed to Ike as the answer...:lol:

Guru
01-10-2008, 02:25 AM
HH...we agreed on a political view...albeit minor we both pointed to Ike as the answer...:lol:

Hmmmmm, Kansas.

prough91
01-10-2008, 02:27 AM

Jackson. Andrew Jackson.

rbedgood
01-10-2008, 02:28 AM
Hmmmmm, Kansas.

Yeah he was raised in Kansas, born in Texas, and overcame both...

Guru
01-10-2008, 02:33 AM
http://www.kshs.org/kids/famous.htm

Guru
01-10-2008, 05:28 AM
Now I found these quotes funny.....

COOPER: He's no longer a candidate, he's a movement.

MITCHELL: The movement that seems to be Barack Obama.

SCARBOROUGH: A generational movement.

SKLAR: We know Obama is a movement.

CORKE: This is a movement out there.

DICKERSON: The center of his movement.

BECKEL: This is a serious movement in American politics.

RUSSERT: It's more of a movement right now.

WILLIAMS: The start of a movement.

MATTHEWS: Turn a moment into a movement.

CROWLEY: A sense that this is a movement.

MCMAHON: Barack Obama is not just a candidate anymore, he's a movement.

Soooooooooooooooooooo....
Obama is a movement? something smells.

chief31
01-10-2008, 06:16 AM
I will wind-up having to vote Dem., because all of my life has been spent in and around poverty, and I feel that if you don't make enough money to live, then you shouldn't be paying taxes at all.

Yes, those who make more than enough should be the only ones getting taxed. Although I prefer Ron Pauls plans for the IRS better. (Elimination.)

I dislike having to vote Dem though, because they seem to be the ones who, more often than not, want to restrict individual freedoms.

While I don't want to give up freedom to aid the bottom levels of the income bracket, the Reps have not been exactly staunch in their support of individual liberties of late either. So, it seems to me, that that is a lost cause, for now.

rbedgood
01-10-2008, 09:37 AM
I will wind-up having to vote Dem., because all of my life has been spent in and around poverty, and I feel that if you don't make enough money to live, then you shouldn't be paying taxes at all.

Yes, those who make more than enough should be the only ones getting taxed. Although I prefer Ron Pauls plans for the IRS better. (Elimination.)

I dislike having to vote Dem though, because they seem to be the ones who, more often than not, want to restrict individual freedoms.

While I don't want to give up freedom to aid the bottom levels of the income bracket, the Reps have not been exactly staunch in their support of individual liberties of late either. So, it seems to me, that that is a lost cause, for now.

Chief31...look into the tax proposals made by Huckabee. He has his issues (like all the candidates this year), but his proposals of either a flat tax or usage tax that also remove the poorest taxpayers from the tax rolls, sound a lot like what you're looking for.

I don't know where you stand on other issues, so you'll have to look at the rest of his platform.

http://ontheissues.org/Mike_Huckabee.htm#Tax_Reform

IlovetheChiefs
01-10-2008, 04:04 PM
I hear what you were saying there tornadospotter. This is a Chiefs forum first and foremost. I, and everyone here I would say, seek and talk most about the Chiefs here. But also nice to discuss some other interests too, as well as other NFL teams/players and other sports.

I know it seems a little out of place to post about politics on a Chiefs forum. But I agree that it has its place as a separate thread in the locker room. My thing on it anyway, is that I don't have a problem with chiming in on my 2 cents and seeing what others think. But only if it's civil and respectful and we're all still friends regardless of views (which, as prough said, has exactly been the case! :) ).

If someone started being hostile because they didn't agree with my political viewpoint, I wouldn't reply or engage in a heated, uncivil argument. Just like if someone started a religious thread. I would be fine with mentioning my faith, denomination, favorite Bible verses, etc. But what I would not be fine with would be arguing over which church is the best, how certain doctrines should be interpreted, etc.

Because life is so complex, any type of forum would really be impossible to post 100% of the time about one subject anyway. Like, if 911 happened today I'm sure every kind of forum out there would have people posting and venting about that.

But yes, the Chiefs are the main focus, obviously, om this site. And I agree totally with how this political thread has been handled and incorporated within this Chiefs site. Kudos to the mods, tornadospotter, and all the Chiefs posters for your wise observations about this, your classiness, and your love for the greatest team of the UNIVERSE!

hermhater
01-10-2008, 04:12 PM
I hear what you were saying there tornadospotter. This is a Chiefs forum first and foremost. I, and everyone here I would say, seek and talk most about the Chiefs here. But also nice to discuss some other interests too, as well as other NFL teams/players and other sports.

I know it seems a little out of place to post about politics on a Chiefs forum. But I agree that it has its place as a separate thread in the locker room. My thing on it anyway, is that I don't have a problem with chiming in on my 2 cents and seeing what others think. But only if it's civil and respectful and we're all still friends regardless of views (which, as prough said, has exactly been the case! :) ).

If someone started being hostile because they didn't agree with my political viewpoint, I wouldn't reply or engage in a heated, uncivil argument. Just like if someone started a religious thread. I would be fine with mentioning my faith, denomination, favorite Bible verses, etc. But what I would not be fine with would be arguing over which church is the best, how certain doctrines should be interpreted, etc.

Because life is so complex, any type of forum would really be impossible to post 100% of the time about one subject anyway. Like, if 911 happened today I'm sure every kind of forum out there would have people posting and venting about that.

But yes, the Chiefs are the main focus, obviously, om this site. And I agree totally with how this political thread has been handled and incorporated within this Chiefs site. Kudos to the mods, tornadospotter, and all the Chiefs posters for your wise observations about this, your classiness, and your love for the greatest team of the UNIVERSE!

Rep!

:sign0098:

tammietailgator
01-13-2008, 12:08 AM
Democratic National Convention Schedule
Boston, Massachusetts
6:00 PM - Opening Flag Burning Ceremony
6:05 PM - Pledge of Allegiance to the U.N.
6:15 PM - Secular Prayers by Rev. Jesse Jackson and Rev. Al Sharpton
6:30 PM - Antiwar Concert by Barbara Streisand
6:40 PM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
7:00 PM - Tribute to France
7:10 PM - Collect Offerings for al-Zawahri Defense Fund
7:25 PM - Tribute to Germany
7:45 PM - Antiwar Rally (Moderated by Michael Moore)
8:25 PM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
8:30 PM - Terrorist Appeasement Workshop
9:00 PM - Roundtable Discussion of Taxes: "Calling for Higher Taxes on Others While You Pay None"
9:15 PM - Bill & Hillary Clinton Host a Seminar on "The Successful Selling of White House & Air Force One Mementos on eBay"
9:20 PM - Gay Marriage Ceremony (Both Male and Female Couples)
9:30 PM - * Intermission * Special Guest Soloist Jane Fonda
10:00 PM - Posting the Iraqi Colors by Sean Penn and Tim Robbins
10:10 PM - Reenactment of Kerry's Fake Medal Toss
10:20 PM - Howard Dean Screamfest 'Yeeearrrrrrrg!'
10:30 PM - Seminar: "The Boy Scouts and Other Paramilitary threats to National Security"
10:40 PM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
10:45 PM - Abortion Demonstration (NARAL)
11:00 PM - Multiple Gay Marriage Ceremony (Threesomes, Mixed and Same-Sex)
11:15 PM - 'Maximizing Welfare' Workshop
11:30 PM - 'Free Saddam' Pep Rally
11:50 PM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
12:00 AM - Kerry-Edwards 2004 Sealed With A Kiss
12:01 AM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
12:02 AM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
12:05 AM - Bill Clinton asks Ted to give Hillary a ride home

Just a funny LOL :lol::D

hermhater
01-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Democratic National Convention Schedule
Boston, Massachusetts
6:00 PM - Opening Flag Burning Ceremony
6:05 PM - Pledge of Allegiance to the U.N.
6:15 PM - Secular Prayers by Rev. Jesse Jackson and Rev. Al Sharpton
6:30 PM - Antiwar Concert by Barbara Streisand
6:40 PM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
7:00 PM - Tribute to France
7:10 PM - Collect Offerings for al-Zawahri Defense Fund
7:25 PM - Tribute to Germany
7:45 PM - Antiwar Rally (Moderated by Michael Moore)
8:25 PM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
8:30 PM - Terrorist Appeasement Workshop
9:00 PM - Roundtable Discussion of Taxes: "Calling for Higher Taxes on Others While You Pay None"
9:15 PM - Bill & Hillary Clinton Host a Seminar on "The Successful Selling of White House & Air Force One Mementos on eBay"
9:20 PM - Gay Marriage Ceremony (Both Male and Female Couples)
9:30 PM - * Intermission * Special Guest Soloist Jane Fonda
10:00 PM - Posting the Iraqi Colors by Sean Penn and Tim Robbins
10:10 PM - Reenactment of Kerry's Fake Medal Toss
10:20 PM - Howard Dean Screamfest 'Yeeearrrrrrrg!'
10:30 PM - Seminar: "The Boy Scouts and Other Paramilitary threats to National Security"
10:40 PM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
10:45 PM - Abortion Demonstration (NARAL)
11:00 PM - Multiple Gay Marriage Ceremony (Threesomes, Mixed and Same-Sex)
11:15 PM - 'Maximizing Welfare' Workshop
11:30 PM - 'Free Saddam' Pep Rally
11:50 PM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
12:00 AM - Kerry-Edwards 2004 Sealed With A Kiss
12:01 AM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
12:02 AM - Ted Kennedy Proposes a Toast
12:05 AM - Bill Clinton asks Ted to give Hillary a ride home

Just a funny LOL :lol::D

11:19 PM - hermhater proposes a toast!

YouTube - video

Canada
01-13-2008, 07:53 AM
Go Politics!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!!! 448

hermhater
01-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Go Politics!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!!! 448

:bananen_smilies046:

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!

IlovetheChiefs
01-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Go honest politicians (wherever you are)!

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!

hermhater
01-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Go honest politicians (wherever you are)!

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!

You said it twice.

Isn't is at 445?

IlovetheChiefs
01-13-2008, 09:51 PM
You said it twice.

Isn't is at 445?

Oh so it is! I'm all confused cuz it actually got down to 444 before when I posted a hip hip hooray you tube video with 13 hip hip hoorays.

And now you said it in the how bout dem cowboys thread so it is 444 for sure now.

4 big cheers for the Chiefs:

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!
HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!
HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!
HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!

440!

Canada
01-14-2008, 06:14 PM
huh?? I can't wait until 420

IlovetheChiefs
01-14-2008, 06:24 PM
huh?? I can't wait until 420

I'm personally excited about when 372 comes. Wow will that be neat.

Canada
01-14-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm personally excited about when 372 comes. Wow will that be neat.

Yeah!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!

Insert number here. :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
01-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Yeah!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!

439 :bananen_smilies046:

Hip Hip Hooray!!!!

Chiefster
01-14-2008, 06:56 PM
I'm voting for Mickey Mouse.

IlovetheChiefs
01-14-2008, 06:59 PM

That could be any of the candidates. Hardly narrows things down!

Chiefster
01-14-2008, 07:04 PM
That could be any of the candidates. Hardly narrows things down!

Here's his campaign poster:

hermhater
01-14-2008, 07:06 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IlovetheChiefs
01-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Here's his campaign poster:

That eliminates Hillary, good! (Although Mickey could still select Minnie as his running mate)

Chiefster
01-14-2008, 07:21 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

just carrying on a family tradition; my dad always voted for him as well.

That eliminates Hillary, good! (Although Mickey could still select Minnie as his running mate)

He was going with Goofy, but he's there already.

IlovetheChiefs
01-14-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm writing in Len Dawson.

Canada
01-14-2008, 10:46 PM
:bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046:Vote for Canada!! :bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046:

I promise to make every Chiefs game a national holiday!! :drunkhb:

hermhater
01-14-2008, 10:49 PM
:bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046:Vote for Canada!! :bananen_smilies046::bananen_smilies046:

Hip Hip Hooray!

Chiefster
01-14-2008, 11:18 PM

Can you deliver a new Chiefs head coach and GM.

hermhater
01-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Can you deliver a new Chiefs head coach and GM.

Ahhhh...

I see the tough questions have already begun!

Put on your campaign hat Canada!

Way to put on the pressure Chiefster!

hermhater
01-15-2008, 01:01 AM
Edwards is killing himself.

I'm all for stopping global warming and decreasing pollution, but we have no choice but to continue to use coal. Especially with the price of oil skyrocketing as it is.

It will take much too long to build more nuclear plants to match the rise in energy needs.

YouTube - John Edwards - Energy Policy

Environmental issues aren't gonna do it for you John.

Guru
01-15-2008, 01:17 AM
Edwards is killing himself.

I'm all for stopping global warming and decreasing pollution, but we have no choice but to continue to use coal. Especially with the price of oil skyrocketing as it is.

It will take much too long to build more nuclear plants to match the rise in energy needs.

YouTube - John Edwards - Energy Policy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M3huVsy71Q)

Environmental issues aren't gonna do it for you John.

He will just tax us to death.

hermhater
01-15-2008, 01:22 AM
Taxes get raised by both parties, regardless of the candidate.

The difference is the Reps do it and we have a worse and worse deficit.

I'm not a Dem, but at least our kids won't be paying for our stupidity, only making their own problems to deal with.

With the partisanship, and pork spending being endemic in D.C. it is more important to at least balance our budget with whoever is raising taxes.

Good point though, Guru!

Guru
01-15-2008, 01:26 AM
Taxes get raised by both parties, regardless of the candidate.

The difference is the Reps do it and we have a worse and worse deficit.

I'm not a Dem, but at least our kids won't be paying for our stupidity, only making their own problems to deal with.

With the partisanship, and pork spending being endemic in D.C. it is more important to at least balance our budget with whoever is raising taxes.

Good point though, Guru!

AGreed. They both do it. The dems are just more underhanded about it. "When you elect me, I will do wonderous things to help all americans!"

at your expense.

hermhater
01-15-2008, 01:38 AM
AGreed. They both do it. The dems are just more underhanded about it. "When you elect me, I will do wonderous things to help all americans!"

at your expense.

Sounds like Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite.

"If you elect me, your wildest dreams will come true."

Personally, I have had better economic prosperity while a democrat was in office, than a republican.

Granted I'm only 36 and there have only been 2 presidents since I've been employed as an adult (had menial jobs from 17 to 20, then military the first 4 years of Clinton), so I am more inclined to believe the economy is more prosperous with better fiscal management.

This is a critical election, as we are trying to throw down the status quo and make a real difference.

Unfortunately the pool to choose from is, to put it mildly, less than stellar.

Guru
01-15-2008, 01:45 AM

Sounds like Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite.

"If you elect me, your wildest dreams will come true."

Personally, I have had better economic prosperity while a democrat was in office, than a republican.

Granted I'm only 36 and there have only been 2 presidents since I've been employed as an adult (had menial jobs from 17 to 20, then military the first 4 years of Clinton), so I am more inclined to believe the economy is more prosperous with better fiscal management.

This is a critical election, as we are trying to throw down the status quo and make a real difference.

Unfortunately the pool to choose from is, to put it mildly, less than stellar.

We have had the opposite experience. We have done very well with a rep in the lead. We are only middle class too.

hermhater
01-15-2008, 01:56 AM
We have had the opposite experience. We have done very well with a rep in the lead. We are only middle class too.

Interesting, as I remember my father saying the same thing while being very young (during the Carter administration) about Nixon.

I will concede that times are changing faster than ever with the advent of new technologies, and the global market opening at unprecedented speed.

It seems like there might not be time for a "sleeper" to enter the race, as the primaries are underway, and the only hope is for someone famous to enter to gain recognition.

I guess what I am trying to say is the economy (including, but not limited to, the deficit) is my biggest concern for the future.

Followed by the environmental issues (which are irrelevant because of China, India etc...).

It just seems the reps just don't give a damn about anything except scaring the American public.

hermhater
01-15-2008, 04:12 AM
I wonder how the economy will be doing after this election.

Couldn't get much worse.

With the housing slump, and the modest tech growth what does the country have to look forward to?

Perhaps we can become China's biatch and do what they tell us to.

It would be nice to have a military that is not bogged down, and could protect us if something global (or domestic) should happen.

Seeing how the current administration is unaware, unresponsive etc... to the current status of world events is shocking.

Bush acted like he was SURPRISED about the conflict between the Israelis and the Palestinians during his visit to Israel (it's only been happening since Israel was given it's state).

The closer it gets to the next election, the more I get pissed off.

Since it is historically accurate that an incumbent realizes aspirations for elections, I am worried that someone from the reps side will win the election.

Sad to see the United States is headed the same way as the Chiefs.

This is getting old on both fronts.

I sure wish there was more concern from citizens, as well as Chiefs fans, on the current state of the Union/franchise.

Draw your own conclusions from this post, but I think you get the idea.

m0ef0e
01-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Ron Paul, FTW!

IlovetheChiefs
01-15-2008, 05:19 PM
My favorite political talk show hosts:

(1) Mike Gallagher
(2) Steve Malzberg
(3) Mark Levin
(4) Bob Grant
(5) Neal Boortz (he writes a FANTASTIC daily blog on his site)

Fred Thompson is the only candidate I like to any degree. I like Duncan Hunter okay but he's not a frontrunner.

I do have to say Mike Huckabee has inspired me in one way: He lost 110 pounds rapidly! So now I'm on fire this month in reducing the pounds.

I guess tonight is between McCain and Romney for Michigan. I don't like either one. But McCain is the pits. So go Romney, I guess.

The Dems apparently don't have a Michigan vote today (or something like the delegates won't count because Michigan is in violation of moving the date earlier). In any case, go Obama or Edwards. I don't like them but Hillary is so much worse.

Ah phooey, bottomline is poilitics is a mess, a dirty business, lies galore, a license to steal, and can only be won these days by people with $$$$$$$$$. Both parties suck. We need a viable third party but problem is once in Washington they would likely get caught up in the power and corruption too.

Canada
01-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Canadian making waves in American Politics

AP - A new candidate has thrown his hat into the American Political ring. Coming from the Great White North this candidate is puttin the political world on its ear with campaign promises such as Cold Beer flowing from evey household sink and Make Chiefs Sundays a National Holiday. He has even gone as far as promising to replace Herm Edwards and Carl Petersen as leaders of the Chiefs and replace them with members of the Chiefs Crowd community. (an online Chiefs website that totally kicks ***) How do lthe other candidates in the election feel about this? Most have dropped out of the race claiming that Canada is way to tall and handsome for them to compete. On election day vote Canada.

This advertisement is paid for by the empty beer bottles returned by Canada!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
01-15-2008, 07:23 PM

(1) Mike Gallagher
(2) Steve Malzberg
(3) Mark Levin
(4) Bob Grant

Fred Thompson is the only candidate I like to any degree. I like Duncan Hunter okay but he's not a frontrunner.

I do have to say Mike Huckabee has inspired me in one way: He lost 110 pounds rapidly! So now I'm on fire this month in reducing the pounds.

I guess tonight is between McCain and Romney for Michigan. I don't like either one. But McCain is the pits. So go Romney, I guess.

The Dems apparently don't have a Michigan vote today (or something like the delegates won't count because Michigan is in violation of moving the date earlier). In any case, go Obama or Edwards. I don't like them but Hillary is so much worse.

Ah phooey, bottomline is poilitics is a mess, a dirty business, lies galore, a license to steal, and can only be won these days by people with $$$$$$$$$. Both parties suck. We need a viable third party but problem is once in Washington they would likely get caught up in the power and corruption too.

I will be paying close attention to the vote tonight, as I certainly don't want Romney gaining ground.

Canadian making waves in American Politics

That's right, you were born in Buffalo, so you could get elected right?

hermhater
01-15-2008, 07:50 PM
YouTube - Bill Clinto girl faints

I guess he's still got it!

Canada
01-15-2008, 08:26 PM
I will be paying close attention to the vote tonight, as I certainly don't want Romney gaining ground.

That's right, you were born in Buffalo, so you could get elected right?

Careful what you say.

hermhater
01-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Romney wins Michigan.

Who cares who wins the Republican nomination anyways.

Guru
01-16-2008, 12:14 AM

(1) Mike Gallagher
(2) Steve Malzberg
(3) Mark Levin
(4) Bob Grant

Unless something changes, for me it will have to be Romney or Thompson. If it is McCain vs Clinton or Obama, I may not even vote for the first time in my life.

hermhater
01-16-2008, 12:17 AM
Unless something changes, for me it will have to be Romney or Thompson. If it is McCain vs Clinton or Obama, I may not even vote for the first time in my life.

Thompson?

I doubt he will even be in the race in April.

Vote for Len Dawson at least.

Don't waste your vote man!

Canada
01-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Vote Canada or don't vote at all!!

hermhater
01-16-2008, 12:26 AM
Most Americans don't vote anyways, don't worry about it Canada.

How do they elect the queen, or whatever you have anyways?

Guru
01-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Most Americans don't vote anyways, don't worry about it Canada.

How do they elect the queen, or whatever you have anyways?

You don't elect a queen. You marry into it.

Canada
01-16-2008, 12:28 AM
The queen is elected the same way you hire your Duke and Duchess

hermhater
01-16-2008, 12:40 AM
More people vote for American Idol than the President.

That should make you feel better Canada!

Canada
01-16-2008, 12:43 AM
More people vote for American Idol than the President.

That should make you feel better Canada!

Why would that make me feel better?? One of the few things I hate less than politiks is American Idol

hermhater
01-16-2008, 12:45 AM
Why would that make me feel better?? One of the few things I hate less than politiks is American Idol

Are you kidding me?????

The auditions are the FUNNIEST thing on TV EVER!!!

I don't watch it after the auditions are over, but the morons that audition make me feel MUCH better about myself!

Canada
01-16-2008, 12:46 AM
It's people like you that keep that crap on TV

hermhater
01-16-2008, 12:48 AM

No it's not, I don't have a Nielson box!

I recorded some of the freaks on tonight, but if I put them on You Tube I'm pretty sure I'll get banned.

They have been getting more and more pissed off at me for violating copyrights.

Guru
01-16-2008, 12:49 AM
Now that gets a BIG friggin AMEN. HUGE!!!!

Canada
01-16-2008, 12:50 AM

No it's not, I don't have a Nielson box!

I recorded some of the freaks on tonight, but if I put them on You Tube I'm pretty sure I'll get banned.

They have been getting more and more pissed off at me for violating copyrights.

People LIKE you. No one cares what YOU do!! :lol: and you are spreading the word about the show.

hermhater
01-16-2008, 12:54 AM
People LIKE you. No one cares what YOU do!! :lol: and you are spreading the word about the show.

Oh.

I would like the show to stay on, so I can laugh at people that are even more pathetic than me though!

I only have 3 beers left!

Canada
01-16-2008, 12:57 AM
Oh.

I would like the show to stay on, so I can laugh at people that are even more pathetic than me though!

I only have 3 beers left!

you have to go to American Idol for that.....Jerry Springer not cuttin it anymore?? :lol:

Guru
01-16-2008, 01:01 AM
Idol should have ended after year one. Now it is just a bunch of yearly rejects finally making the cut.

hermhater
01-16-2008, 01:04 AM
you have to go to American Idol for that.....Jerry Springer not cuttin it anymore?? :lol:

I can't stand Springer!

Canada
I always wondered the guy/girl who gets second, dosen't win the next year.

hermhater
Idol should have ended after year one. Now it is just a bunch of yearly rejects finally making the cut.

I disagree.

I actually finally liked a contestant.

Taylor Hicks is pretty good.

Canada
I can't stand Springer!

Not a fan of family reunions?? :lol:

Canada
01-16-2008, 01:06 AM
I disagree.

I hate you

Guru
01-16-2008, 01:07 AM
I disagree.

Yeah but he is not mainstream at all. What has he done since he won? NADA!

Clarkson is still the only one to truly make it. Underwood would still be behind on her.

Wait this isn't political.

hermhater
01-16-2008, 01:09 AM
I hate you

I thought we were gonna be best friends?

hermhater
01-16-2008, 01:10 AM

Clarkson is still the only one to truly make it. Underwood would still be behind on her.

Good point.

I will drop it.

Canada
01-16-2008, 01:10 AM
I thought we were gonna be best friends?

I didn't know you watched American Idol.

Canada
01-16-2008, 01:11 AM

Someone sure know a lot about Idol!!

hermhater
01-16-2008, 01:12 AM
I didn't know you watched American Idol.

My GF watches American Idol and I glance over and laugh at the complete freaks that I see!

I have music playing on my computer, and am reading news/sports/worthless opinions from posters on forums while it is on!

Canada
01-16-2008, 01:15 AM
I watch American Idol and I wish I was not a complete freak!

I have music playing on my computer and I sing along and ask my GF if she thinks I could make it. She said "NO, you are too little"

That is rather mean of your girlfriend. I think you would be a great little American idol!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
01-16-2008, 01:18 AM
That is rather mean of your girlfriend. I think you would be a great little American idol!! :bananen_smilies046:

I can't wait for Canadian Idol to debut!

:bananen_smilies046: :lol:

Guru
01-16-2008, 01:18 AM
Someone sure know a lot about Idol!!

My wife never misses an episode so when I AM in the room, I will sit there and bug her and make fun of the contestants to piss her off.

I am pretty good at picking the eventual winners though.

I picked Clarkson, Underwood, Hicks. The only ones I can remember anyway.

Also picked Aiken to win but he finished second.

Canada
01-16-2008, 01:20 AM
I can't wait for Canadian Idol to debut!

:bananen_smilies046: :lol:

It already has man...the whole idol crap has been ripped off so many times. it is on everywhere.

hermhater
01-16-2008, 01:21 AM
My wife never misses an episode so when I AM in the room, I will sit there and bug her and make fun of the contestants to piss her off.

I am pretty good at picking the eventual winners though.

I picked Clarkson, Underwood, Hicks. The only ones I can remember anyway.

Also picked Aiken to win but he finished second.

I'm not a big Country music fan, but I loves me some Underwood!

Carrie is HOT!!!

Nice breastesses!

:yahoo:

prough91
01-16-2008, 02:03 AM
I disagree.

The Star said today that Hick's record company dropped him.

Guru
01-16-2008, 02:10 AM

You're fired!!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/93.jpg

hermhater
01-16-2008, 02:15 AM

That sentence is not properly punctuated.

It should be Hicks'!

(Check your sig!)

Sad that they dropped Hicks though...

Guru
01-16-2008, 02:18 AM

It should be Hicks'!

(Check your sig!)

Ummmmm, he did say Hick's.

Chiefster
01-16-2008, 02:20 AM

Yup; HH is drunk again. :D

Canada
01-16-2008, 02:21 AM

It should be Hicks'!

(Check your sig!)

sorry boys, HH is right on this one.

hermhater
01-16-2008, 02:22 AM

Exactly.

The apostrophe should be after the "s" not before it.

Taylor Hicks is his name, so you add the apostrophe after the name, instead of adding an "s" with an apostrophe.

I'm not a stickler for grammar, but if you're gonna put grammatical bragging in your sig, you should get it right!

(No offense prough, I'm just an ***!)

hermhater
01-16-2008, 02:23 AM
Yup; HH is drunk again. :D

I'm not drunk (yet) you're old!

Guru
01-16-2008, 02:23 AM
sorry boys, HH is right on this one.

Didn't I tell you two to get a room?:11:

Canada
01-16-2008, 02:24 AM

sorry boss...trust me, it was painful to say!! :lol:

hermhater
01-16-2008, 02:25 AM

Canada is gonna get an awesome room right across from Arrowhead for the home opener and he told me EVERYONE is invited to stay!

Guru
01-16-2008, 02:26 AM
sorry boss...trust me, it was painful to say!! :lol:

Respect your Mods I say!!!:D

prough91
01-16-2008, 02:33 AM
Exactly.

The apostrophe should be after the "s" not before it.

Taylor Hicks is his name, so you add the apostrophe after the name, instead of adding an "s" with an apostrophe.

I'm not a stickler for grammar, but if you're gonna put grammatical bragging in your sig, you should get it right!

(No offense prough, I'm just an ***!)

It doesn't say that I punctuate every sentence correctly, just the longest properly punctuated sentence.

Guru
01-16-2008, 02:35 AM
It doesn't say that I punctuate every sentence correctly, just the longest properly punctuated sentence.

He sure is proud of that Mancard I gave back to him though.:D

hermhater
01-16-2008, 02:43 AM

I know guy, I was just giving you some crap!

You're cool by me!

hermhater
01-16-2008, 02:44 AM
He sure is proud of that Mancard I gave back to him though.:D

YouTube - Old Spice Manly Test Commercial

Chiefster
01-16-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm not drunk (yet) you're old!

Sadly there's no cure for old age. :11:

hermhater
01-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Sadly there's no cure for old age. :11:

Sure there is!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/94.jpg

(j/k) :lol:

rbedgood
01-16-2008, 09:29 PM

Canada...HH said MORE pathetic than HH...Springer show is borderline on that count.

hermhater
01-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Canada...HH said MORE pathetic than HH...Springer show is borderline on that count.

I have NEVER slept with any of my family members!

Canada
01-16-2008, 09:38 PM
I have NEVER slept with any of my family members!

...that you know of. j/k :lol:

Guru
01-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Can't wait to listen to Rush again tonight after yesterdays show.

hermhater
01-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Can't wait to listen to Rush again tonight after yesterdays show.

What was yesterdays show about?

IlovetheChiefs
01-16-2008, 09:52 PM

Politics.

Heh, just bein a goofball!

hermhater
01-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Politics.

Heh, just bein a goofball!

Knowing Rush, it is highly unlikely it was about politics!

Guru
01-16-2008, 10:32 PM
About how the Democrats are in a crisis.

Oh, and he had a huge rant regarding school systems and the Reagan era.

hermhater
01-16-2008, 10:41 PM
I'll agree with him on that, although I would probably find fault with how he came to the conclusions.

Not a big Rush fan, as I find him a hypocrite. He has to be controversial to get ratings, but that usually leads to being very divisive.

Guru
01-16-2008, 11:44 PM
I'll agree with him on that, although I would probably find fault with how he came to the conclusions.

Not a big Rush fan, as I find him a hypocrite. He has to be controversial to get ratings, but that usually leads to being very divisive.
Why do you consider him a hypocrite?

hermhater
01-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Why do you consider him a hypocrite?

He degrades others that have the same problems he himself has, or has had.

Guru
01-16-2008, 11:51 PM
He degrades others that have the same problems he himself has, or has had.

He degrades people that are struggling to get by? I would disagree with that. He was once in that boat.

prough91
01-17-2008, 12:01 AM
He degrades people that are struggling to get by? I would disagree with that. He was once in that boat.

Who is this Rush Limbaugh you speak of?

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 12:02 AM
I don't particularly care for Rush, but I don't find him to be a hypocrite. As I tried to explain to "member who has been banned" a while back, I find Rush to be obnoxious, and full of bravado, but in general I find that I agree with him politically and on most social issues. He is often a blowhard/showman.

His personaly struggles with addiction have been noted both in the press and on his own show. He has openly admitted that problem. Due to some legal advice he had to limit his discussion of some of the extraneous details, but he admitted the problem with painkillers.

However to be a hypocrite as suggested I would say he'd have to demonstrate that he goes "easy" on the Republicans, and rips the "Democrats" when they commit the same infraction. However I've found that he'll routinely rip into a Republican, just as quick and hard as he will a Democrat, and sometimes harder if it is on an issue where the Republican has betrayed his constituency.

Canada
01-17-2008, 12:02 AM
I think he is a political guy

prough91
01-17-2008, 12:05 AM
I think he is a political guy

Good thing you guys have a queen and don't have to worry about all this political nonsense.

hermhater
01-17-2008, 12:06 AM

That was my point. Perhaps I phrased it incorrectly.

If someone is pandering to an audience about something, when he himself is in the same boat, just to get ratings, that is a hypocrite to me.

Canada
01-17-2008, 12:06 AM
Good thing you guys have a queen and don't have to worry about all this political nonsense.

England has the Queen, we have a duke and duchess

prough91
01-17-2008, 12:13 AM
England has the Queen, we have a duke and duchess

Dude. Queen sounds so much cooler.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii307/prough91/queen.jpg

Canada
01-17-2008, 12:15 AM

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Stop...you will lose your mancard again

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 12:16 AM
The US used to have a Duke...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/103.jpg

...and he could kick some arse...

prough91
01-17-2008, 12:17 AM

I never lost it. It just kept getting edited. And who hasn't got goosebumps when "We are the Champions" is played at a sporting event?

rbedgood

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Will? I'll be surprised if that wasn't enough...Prough, you'd better start burping the alphabet or something...cover it up man...hurry.

hermhater
Who are the Duke and Duchess anyways?

Canada
01-17-2008, 12:19 AM
I never lost it. It just kept getting edited. And who hasn't got goosebumps when "We are the Champions" is played at a sporting event?

No,,

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 12:20 AM
No,,

Must just happen to guys who are under 6 feet...cuz I'm agreeing with Sasquatch...err Canada on this one...

prough91
01-17-2008, 12:20 AM
No,,

Get back to me while they're playing it when the Chiefs win the Super Bowl. By that time, we can toast them with Metamucil.

Canada
01-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Must just happen to guys who are under 6 feet...cuz I'm agreeing with Sasquatch...err Canada on this one...

Easy there big fella

Canada
01-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Get back to me while they're playing it when the Chiefs win the Super Bowl. By that time, we can toast them with Metamucil.

I promise you that it won't be the song that has me excited. You just love Freddy Mercury....and yes I mean LOVE

prough91
01-17-2008, 12:23 AM

I'm 6' 1". It's just the beginning of the song. They could turn it off after that.

Canada
01-17-2008, 12:24 AM
I'm 6' 1". It's just the beginning of the song. They could turn it off after that.

He was sitting on HHs shoulders when he measured!! Either that or he is just gay

Guru
I don't particularly care for Rush, but I don't find him to be a hypocrite. As I tried to explain to "member who has been banned" a while back, I find Rush to be obnoxious, and full of bravado, but in general I find that I agree with him politically and on most social issues. He is often a blowhard/showman.

His personaly struggles with addiction have been noted both in the press and on his own show. He has openly admitted that problem. Due to some legal advice he had to limit his discussion of some of the extraneous details, but he admitted the problem with painkillers.

However to be a hypocrite as suggested I would say he'd have to demonstrate that he goes "easy" on the Republicans, and rips the "Democrats" when they commit the same infraction. However I've found that he'll routinely rip into a Republican, just as quick and hard as he will a Democrat, and sometimes harder if it is on an issue where the Republican has betrayed his constituency.

Rush has been defending Obama this week. Hell, he has had more good things to say about the character of Obama then most of the PUBs lately.

I haven't seen him do or say anything that felt made him a hypocrite in any way. He worked his way up to the position he is in. He earned his status. All he preaches is that anyone can do the same thing if they so choose to. I don't think that makes him a hypocrite. Believe it or not, he does care about the less fortunate. He just wants to see them rise up and not depend on the government for everything.

prough91
Will? I'll be surprised if that wasn't enough...Prough, you'd better start burping the alphabet or something...cover it up man...hurry.

I went and farted under the bed covers and held my wife's head under the sheets. Does that count?

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 12:25 AM
Rush has been defending Obama this week. Hell, he has had more good things to say about the character of Obama then most of the PUBs lately.

I haven't seen him do or say anything that felt made him a hypocrite in any way. He worked his way up to the position he is in. He earned his status. All he preaches is that anyone can do the same thing if they so choose to. I don't think that makes him a hypocrite. Believe it or not, he does care about the less fortunate. He just wants to see them rise up and not depend on the government for everything.

My point exactly, he isn't afraid to praise or rip a person on either side of the aisle. Like I said, he's a lot of things, but I don't see hypocrite as one of them. Not to say HH can't say he does or doesn't like him, but the word choice probably could've been better.

Guru
01-17-2008, 12:30 AM
My point exactly, he isn't afraid to praise or rip a person on either side of the aisle. Like I said, he's a lot of things, but I don't see hypocrite as one of them. Not to say HH can't say he does or doesn't like him, but the word choice probably could've been better.

If you listen to what he says today, as crazy as it may sound, you will find that 9 times out of 10 he turned out to be right.

hermhater
01-17-2008, 12:32 AM
Drug rush: Limbaugh to listeners: I belong in jail! - Rant

Reason (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1568), Dec, 2003 (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1568/is_7_35) by Jacob Sullum (http://findarticles.com/p/search?tb=art&qa=Jacob+Sullum)

RUSH LIMBAUGH MAY not be arrested, let alone spend time behind bars, for illegally buying narcotic painkillers. "We're not sure whether he will be charged, a law enforcement source told CNN in early October.

"We're going after the big fish, both the suppliers and the sellers."

Following up on a story The National Enquirer broke on October 2, CNN reported that the conservative radio commentator's name had come up during "an investigation of a black market drug ring in South Florida," where Limbaugh has a home. A former housekeeper told the Enquirer she had sold him tens of thousands of hydrocodone and oxycodone pills during a four-year period.

If Limbaugh escapes serious legal consequences, there will be speculation about whether a pill popper who wasn't a wealthy celebrity would have received such lenient treatment. Still, the distinction between dealer and user drawn by CNN'S source is both widely accepted and deeply embedded in our drug laws.

That doesn't mean it makes sense. If drug use is the evil the government wants to prevent, why punish the people who engage in it less severely than the people who merely assist them? That's like giving a murderer a lighter sentence than his accomplice.

Another argument for sending Limbaugh to jail was suggested by the talk radio king himself. In an October 3 column, Newsday's Ellis Henican cited remarks Limbaugh made in 1995 concerning the drug war's disproportionate racial impact. "What this says to me," Limbaugh told his listeners, "is that too many whites are getting away with drug use.... The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them, and send them up the river too."

Before we start building a boat for Limbaugh, perhaps we should consider the arguments for letting him keep his freedom. The strongest is that it's nobody's business but his if he chooses to pop Lorcet and OxyContin, as long as he's not hurting anyone else. When the painkiller story broke, the New York Daily News reported that Limbaugh's lawyers "refused to comment on the accusations and said any 'medical in formation' about him was private and not newsworthy."

On his show the next day, Limbaugh already was moving away from that position, promising to tell his listeners "everything there is." A week later; be announced he was entering treatment for addiction to painkillers he began taking after back surgery. "I take full responsibility for my problem," he declared, while blaming his situation on "highly addictive medication" (thereby reinforcing the opiophobia that has led to scandalous undertreatment of pain in this country).

The quick switch from privacy claim to public confession is reminiscent of Bill Bennett's humiliating retreat on the issue of his gambling. Before renouncing the habit, the former drug czar noted that losing large sums of money on slots and video poker hadn't "put my family at risk." Nor does it seem that the time Bennett spent in casinos interfered with his personal or professional life. It certainly did not keep him away from TV cameras mad op-ed pages.

Likewise, drug use did not stop Limbaugh from signing an eight-year contract reportedly worth $285 million in 2001, or from maintaining a demanding schedule that included three hours on the radio five days a week, or from retaining his status as the nation's leading talk radio host, reaching nearly 20 million listeners on about 600 stations. If Iris housekeeper hadn't ratted on him, we might never have known about all those pills.

I'd say that's how it should have been, except that Limbaugh seems to prefer a different approach. "If people are violating the law by doing drugs," he told his radio audience in 1995, "they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up." Maybe the government should respect his wishes.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1568/is_7_35/ai_110361464