PDA

View Full Version : Go Chiefs!!

jerhart
01-09-2008, 10:55 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/01/09/gretz_why_cant_he_do_it_again/

GO CHIEFS!!!!! :bananen_smilies046:

This kind of gives me new hope...I mean we cant be worst next year...can we? :toast2:

IlovetheChiefs
01-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Overall a pretty good column. But as to why can't Carl do it again, one problem is that perhaps the difference between now and 1989 is Carl has gotten too caught up with the money and business aspects of the organization and doesn't have his heart in the Chiefs actual victories so much (other than the further financial boost that would cause).

But sure, no reason he can't do it again. In any case, I'm optimistic our Chiefs will not be down for long. We'll be back. :)

hermhater
01-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Great.

We get another 20 years with a handful of playoff wins.

Hayvern
01-09-2008, 03:12 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/01/09/gretz_why_cant_he_do_it_again/

GO CHIEFS!!!!! :bananen_smilies046:

This kind of gives me new hope...I mean we cant be worst next year...can we? :toast2:

I read the article. I have no doubt we can make the playoffs again in a couple of years. I just don't know why people think that making the playoffs is good enough. Wouldn't you want to WIN in the playoff games. This is something Peterson's teams have never been able to do.

Lazeye
01-09-2008, 03:30 PM
I want what Tom Brady has many super bowl wins!

chiefsinfinity
01-10-2008, 06:29 PM
jerhart,
I'd like to think we can't be worse than this year; however, you know what the dolphins record was!!

But let's hope it will be better!

IlovetheChiefs
01-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Another neat factoid about our Chiefs: We've never had the worst record in the NFL for ANY season! (In 1977 we were tied with Tampa Bay for a 2-14 worst record. But we won the tie break so they were the worst and had the 1st 1978 draft pick [which they foolishly traded to the Houston Oilers who subsequently selected Earl Campbell]).

Even the Dallas Cowgirls have been the worst before like when they went 1-15 in 1989! And the New England Patsies went 1-15 the next year, ha!

hermhater
01-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Another neat factoid about our Chiefs: We've never had the worst record in the NFL for ANY season! (In 1977 we were tied with Tampa Bay for a 2-14 worst record. But we won the tie break so they were the worst and had the 1st 1978 draft pick [which they foolishly traded to the Houston Oilers who subsequently selected Earl Campbell]).

Even the Dallas Cowgirls have been the worst before like when they went 1-15 in 1989! And the New England Patsies went 1-15 the next year, ha!

That's some good info man!

You sure do love the Chiefs!

:sign0098:

Chiefster
01-11-2008, 10:53 PM
The fact that Clark Hunt has kept Carl around is, to me, evidence that he is not at all concerned with how well the Chiefs do in terms of wins/losses.

hermhater
01-11-2008, 11:37 PM
The fact that Clark Hunt has kept Carl around is, to me, evidence that he is not at all concerned with how well the Chiefs do in terms of wins/losses.

What he said!

:mob:

luv
01-12-2008, 12:54 PM
I read the article. I have no doubt we can make the playoffs again in a couple of years. I just don't know why people think that making the playoffs is good enough. Wouldn't you want to WIN in the playoff games. This is something Peterson's teams have never been able to do.
Blasphemy! You play to make the playoffs! [/sarcasm]

Canada
01-12-2008, 12:55 PM

I don't think it is good enough, but it is a step up from going 4-12

IlovetheChiefs
01-12-2008, 04:26 PM
And isn't it still pretty satisfying to have a good football team with consistent playoff teams even if they don't win the Super Bowl (which of course is the ULTIMATE satisfaction and goal). Obviously the goal isn't to just have winning records and make the playoffs, but if that's what the accomplishment turns out to be it's still saying something and also provided the fans with a SB contender at least.

Take the Philadelphia Eagles (PLEASE!), for example. This decade they have had mostly successful years. 4 times to the NFC championship but no SB wins. But I'm sure most Eagle fans are still glad they've had this success to enjoy as opposed to if the Eagles had been a dud like the Cardinals or Raiders all this time instead.

Like I highly enjoyed our super 13-3 seasons of '95, '97, and '03. It sure beats '07 eh!

Canada
01-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Eggsactly!!

jerhart
01-13-2008, 12:27 AM
And isn't it still pretty satisfying to have a good football team with consistent playoff teams even if they don't win the Super Bowl (which of course is the ULTIMATE satisfaction and goal). Obviously the goal isn't to just have winning records and make the playoffs, but if that's what the accomplishment turns out to be it's still saying something and also provided the fans with a SB contender at least.

Take the Philadelphia Eagles (PLEASE!), for example. This decade they have had mostly successful years. 4 times to the NFC championship but no SB wins. But I'm sure most Eagle fans are still glad they've had this success to enjoy as opposed to if the Eagles had been a dud like the Cardinals or Raiders all this time instead.

Like I highly enjoyed our super 13-3 seasons of '95, '97, and '03. It sure beats '07 eh!

BRAVO!!!! :sign0098:

jerhart
01-13-2008, 12:29 AM
....but if we did make the playoffs....would those who hate Herm have to eat there words?

Canada
01-13-2008, 07:49 AM
....but if we did make the playoffs....would those who hate Herm have to eat there words?

No, cause if we make the playoffs next year we will just "back in" :lol:

chief31
01-13-2008, 01:20 PM

Gladly.

No, cause if we make the playoffs next year we will just "back in" :lol:

The 9-7 (actually, 9-8) '06 Chiefs weren't as good as the '05 10-6 team, but they made the playoffs, while the better team didn't. That is why the '06 playoff team doesn't get the respect that some feel it deserved.

Canada
01-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Gladly.

The 9-7 (actually, 9-8) '06 Chiefs weren't as good as the '05 10-6 team, but they made the playoffs, while the better team didn't. That is why the '06 playoff team doesn't get the respect that some feel it deserved.
Who was the better team that didn't?

chief31
01-13-2008, 01:37 PM

The '05 Chiefs.

hermhater
01-13-2008, 01:38 PM
Gladly.

I would reckon chief31 means the same Chiefs team from the year before with the better record.

Canada
01-13-2008, 01:38 PM
The '05 Chiefs.

:bananen_smilies046: I thought you were saying there was a better team in '06 that should have gotten in!!