PDA

View Full Version : WHY ISN'T cHIEFS AFTER cAMMERON??

Pro_Angler
01-09-2008, 08:44 PM
What The Heck Why Not Go After The Guy???

hermhater
01-09-2008, 09:15 PM
He doesn't have the same Offensive philosophy as Herm.

Plus Carl likes to drag his feet, and Herm thinks it will be "Okayyyy..."

rbedgood
01-09-2008, 10:11 PM
He doesn't have the same Offensive philosophy as Herm.

Plus Carl likes to drag his feet, and Herm thinks it will be "Okayyyy..."

Cameron would be a great addition as an OC for just about any team, especially a team with skill players like the Chiefs (LJ, Gonzalez, KSmith & Bowe)

hermhater
01-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Cameron would be a great addition as an OC for just about any team, especially a team with skill players like the Chiefs (LJ, Gonzalez, KSmith & Bowe)

I agree completely man, but Herm doesn't want to move the ball down the field because then we would score too many points.

rbedgood
01-09-2008, 10:33 PM
As much as we joke about Herm not wanting to score points, I do think that is taken a little out of the context that he intended.

I believe that Herm Edwards wants to run a ball-control offense that plods slowly and surely down the field. He prefers a ten play 80 yard TD drive that takes 6+ minutes off the clock to the 3 play 80 yard drive that takes less than 2 minutes. The reason is he wants his defense on the sideline for 8-10 minutes over the 3 minutes they get on the quick strike.

There is some validity to that theory, but in today's game teams that win consistently have both aspects to their offense. Even the Patriots that have more deep strike TDs than anyone this year, have the ability to plod down the field when they so choose.

hermhater
01-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Completely agree. That is exactly what I want from our Offense.

I want it to be dominant in all aspects.

If Herm's philosophy is keep it close and we might win a lot of close ones in the final minutes of the game then we need to be able to have the quick strike offense, as well as running out the clock plodding.

Three7s
01-10-2008, 01:24 AM
The Jaguars are the ideal model to that kind of offense, and I'm really impressed with the way they play on both sides of the ball.

hermhater
01-10-2008, 01:29 AM
The Jaguars are the ideal model to that kind of offense, and I'm really impressed with the way they play on both sides of the ball.

MoJo is a rolling bowling ball of butchers knives!
:yahoo:

Chiefster
01-10-2008, 01:38 AM
WHY ISN"T cHIEFS AFTER cAMMERON

wHY DO SOME PEOPLE NOT REALIZE THEY HAVE HIT THE CAPS KEY BY MISTAKE?

:lol:J/K

hermhater
01-10-2008, 01:41 AM
wHY DO SOME PEOPLE NOT REALIZE THEY HAVE HIT THE CAPS KEY BY MISTAKE?

:lol:J/K

Heh!

:lol:

rbedgood
01-10-2008, 01:49 AM
I Don"t Know>>>what Do You Mean>>>where Is This Caps Key?!

hermhater
01-10-2008, 01:53 AM
I Don"t Know>>>what Do You Mean>>>where Is This Caps Key?!

Can't be sure where the Caps Key is, but Cameroon is just left of Chad.

AkChief49
01-10-2008, 11:12 AM

the key point here is "both sides of the ball":sign0098:

nigeriannightmare
01-10-2008, 06:13 PM
What The Heck Why Not Go After The Guy???

Cam would demand too much control of the offense and Herm wants someone to appease him, or rather Carl, we had a great OC in Al Saunders and we just let him go. I thought that I read that they would have a new OC hired before the first Senior Bowl January 21, has anyone heard who is on the list of candidates?

for ever red
01-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Warpaint has a list and a nice write up on the ones they think are in line.