PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best Chief running back of all time?

Northcountry68
01-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Let's hear it, Marcus Allen, the nigerian nightmare, Priest, LJ, Garrett what do you guys think?

rbedgood
01-09-2008, 10:12 PM
As a Chief or career?

Career it is Marcus Allen and not really close. As a Chief, I'd take Priest, LJ may overtake him, but hasn't done quite enough yet.

prough91
01-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Kolby Smith.

hermhater
01-09-2008, 11:32 PM
Kolby Smith.

Kolby is pretty good, but we need to give him a few years.

:D

PawnshopMarimba
01-09-2008, 11:37 PM
Harvey Williams. No wait! Todd McNair.

McLovin
01-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Lifetime absolutely Marcus Allen, and while if with the Chiefs and healthy for a few more years, I think LJ will surpass him, I think currently other then this years debacle it was 31, I think ya need to see the Priest.

Another way for me to say this was, I agree Rich. LOL

If we have another year like this one Edwards will be a running back, he will be a running back to NY with 100's of 1000's of Chiefs fans hot on his heels. And not to insult LJ, Marcus, or Priest but that is the run I most want to see, Edwards being run out of town.

Have I mentioned I think Edwards would have been better wiped on a towel?

prough91
01-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Kolby is pretty good, but we need to give him a few years.

:D

It's a forecast. Check this thread in ten years.

hermhater
01-10-2008, 12:23 AM
It's a forecast. Check this thread in ten years.

Wow.

Never thought about this site being around for ten years.

Coach, is it gonna happen?

rbedgood
01-10-2008, 12:30 AM
Wow.

Never thought about this site being around for ten years.

Coach, is it gonna happen?

...and in 10 years TimSatt and all his aliases will have matured and won't continue to return where she isn't wanted.

tornadospotter
01-10-2008, 12:38 AM
Let's hear it, Marcus Allen, the nigerian nightmare, Priest, LJ, Garrett what do you guys think?
Add Joe D, for what could have been, otherwise I really don't think that we have ever had the total package, Priest, would be my choice.

prough91
01-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Barry Word

hermhater
01-10-2008, 12:44 AM
Barry Word

Five yards a carry is excellent, especially when sharing duties with NN.

I doubt that he gets the vote for best running back ever.

prough91
01-10-2008, 12:59 AM
Harvey Williams

hermhater
01-10-2008, 01:03 AM
Harvey Williams

Are you just gonna name people?

prough91
01-10-2008, 01:05 AM
I'm just reminiscing. If I had to pick, to date, who I think the best Chiefs RB of all time was, I'd have to go with Priest.

hermhater
01-10-2008, 01:17 AM
I'm just reminiscing. If I had to pick, to date, who I think the best Chiefs RB of all time was, I'd have to go with Priest.

Me too guy.

Priest was a friggin' stud!

:yahoo:

Northcountry68
01-10-2008, 10:21 AM
What about Donnell Bennett?

Just kiddin' I have to go with the Priest because he didn't become a big time player until he came to the chiefs. if LJ would "take off his diapers" he might be able to pass the priest, imagine if priest would have never suffered all those injuries.

Canada
01-10-2008, 12:15 PM
I love Okoye. The Nigerian Nightmare kicks ***!! I love Priest too.

IlovetheChiefs
01-10-2008, 03:16 PM
The answer is my signature. Ed Podolak! He rocked!

Admittedly, though, I'd go with Priest and then LJ. But in addition to his impressive rushing yards, Ed also contributed good receiving yards and was a good punt and kick returner. So Eddie was a great all purpose running back.

IlovetheChiefs
01-10-2008, 03:24 PM
For the best Chiefs quarterback of all time, you gotta go with my hero Len Dawson, right everybody? Either him or Trent Green. I can see Green for his incredible 4000 plus yard seasons. But Lenny had such a long solid career with us and brought us to 2 Super Bowls and one ring.

hermhater
01-10-2008, 03:34 PM
For the best Chiefs quarterback of all time, you gotta go with my hero Len Dawson, right everybody? Either him or Trent Green. I can see Green for his incredible 4000 plus yard seasons. But Lenny had such a long solid career with us and brought us to 2 Super Bowls and one ring.

I'll give you Len because of the Ring, but Trent was by far the most prolific QB for the Chiefs as far as stats go.

It's too bad we lost Gannon before he won the MVP though.

Canada
01-10-2008, 03:43 PM
The answer is my signature. Ed Podolak! He rocked!

Admittedly, though, I'd go with Priest and then LJ. But in addition to his impressive rushing yards, Ed also contributed good receiving yards and was a good punt and kick returner. So Eddie was a great all purpose running back.

Okoye should be second....bigger than LJ with a cooler nickname.

IlovetheChiefs
01-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Okoye should be second....bigger than LJ with a cooler nickname.

I love Christian. A good case can be made for that. I'll put him at #3 just ever so slightly behind LJ.

rbedgood
01-10-2008, 04:20 PM
If you are going to bring up QB, the question again has to be asked whether you are looking at the entire body of the players career, or just the time in a Chiefs uniform? If the entire career Joe Montana is untouchable...if the time in Chiefs uniform, Len Dawson is far and away the best. Green and Montana are tight at #2 and #3.

IlovetheChiefs
01-10-2008, 04:26 PM
If you are going to bring up QB, the question again has to be asked whether you are looking at the entire body of the players career, or just the time in a Chiefs uniform? If the entire career Joe Montana is untouchable...if the time in Chiefs uniform, Len Dawson is far and away the best. Green and Montana are tight at #2 and #3.

Just had to highlight those beautiful to look at words! :D

Yes, I mean the best Chiefs quarterback (as in, as a Chief) of all time. Not the best quarterback to ever play for the Chiefs (which would be Mr. Montana in that case).

That's why I didn't consider Marcus Allen for best Chiefs running back of all time since he, like Montana, came to us late in his career.

rbedgood
01-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Just had to highlight those beautiful to look at words! :D

Yes, I mean the best Chiefs quarterback (as in, as a Chief) of all time. Not the best quarterback to ever play for the Chiefs (which would be Mr. Montana in that case).

That's why I didn't consider Marcus Allen for best Chiefs running back of all time since he, like Montana, came to us late in his career.

Be kinda fun to do this for multiple positions...best "all time" Chief, and best "all time" to play for the Chiefs...

Some positions it would be the same person (Linebacker & TE for sure), but others could have interesting conversations.

IlovetheChiefs
01-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Be kinda fun to do this for multiple positions...best "all time" Chief, and best "all time" to play for the Chiefs...

Some positions it would be the same person (Linebacker & TE for sure), but others could have interesting conversations.

I agree, that would be cool.

Also, how about who is all time best Chiefs player in history? I say my man Len gets the Mr. Chief award! But that's very hard, of course, since you've got so many different positions. Hard to compare Priest Holmes with Derrick Thomas, for instance. That'd be like saying, "Who is better, Walter Payton or Jack Lambert?"

Still, it'd be fun to see who the Crowd would vote for if they had to pick just one Chief.

nigeriannightmare
01-10-2008, 04:46 PM

What about Barry word, you know what I think, damn knees.....

hermhater
01-10-2008, 04:48 PM
I agree, that would be cool.

Also, how about who is all time best Chiefs player in history? I say my man Len gets the Mr. Chief award! But that's very hard, of course, since you've got so many different positions. Hard to compare Priest Holmes with Derrick Thomas, for instance. That'd be like saying, "Who is better, Walter Payton or Jack Lambert?"

Still, it'd be fun to see who the Crowd would vote for if they had to pick just one Chief.

How many Chiefs players have 2 Super Bowl rings?

Smith did it with the Broncos.

How would one ever judge the best Chiefs player of all time?

Montana had 4, but not with the Chiefs.

IlovetheChiefs
01-10-2008, 04:59 PM
How many Chiefs players have 2 Super Bowl rings?

Smith did it with the Broncos.

How would one ever judge the best Chiefs player of all time?

Montana had 4, but not with the Chiefs.

That's true, it's difficult. Like I would say who did the best for the CHIEFS of all time, thereby leaving Joe Montana out since his 4 SB's and glory years were all for SF. But Neil Smith is a little harder to dismiss his time with the Donkeys. For he was so excellent with us before he went there. So to then get 2 rings, even though with another team, seems like it should add to his consideration as most valuable Chief. But basically, think in terms of who performed the best overall in a Chiefs uniform.

Northcountry68
01-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Best Chief of all time bar none is Derrick Thomas. The chiefs drafted him and he played his whole all-pro career before that tragic car accident and the events that followed while he was recovering.

IlovetheChiefs
01-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Best Chief of all time bar none is Derrick Thomas. The chiefs drafted him and he played his whole all-pro career before that tragic car accident and the events that followed while he was recovering.

If anyone's gonna get me to give my Mr. Chief title to them instead of Len Dawson, it's Derrick Thomas.

And you know, that's probably a good requirement for best Chief of all time; that the player was a Chief his entire career.

nigeriannightmare
01-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Barry Word

Didn't know you had done this already...my wife thinks I'm addicted to the Chiefs so I have to be sneaky sneaky sneak sir and do things quickly.

prough91
01-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Didn't know you had done this already...my wife thinks I'm addicted to the Chiefs so I have to be sneaky sneaky sneak sir and do things quickly.

My wife believes exactly the same thing.

Canada
01-10-2008, 08:33 PM

If anyone's gonna get me to give my Mr. Chief title to them instead of Len Dawson, it's Derrick Thomas.

And you know, that's probably a good requirement for best Chief of all time; that the player was a Chief his entire career.

DT is the King!!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
01-10-2008, 08:39 PM
My GF knows I'm addicted to the Chiefs and she approves!

(I think she's just happy I'm not on a dating site or something! :lol:)

hermhater
01-10-2008, 08:41 PM
DT is the King!!! :bananen_smilies046:

YouTube - Derrick Thomas Tribute

Chiefster
01-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Greg Hill. :rolleyes:

Seriously though: Marcus Allen and Priest Holmes.

for ever red
01-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Marcus then Priest LJ and the nightmare

spiman
01-10-2008, 09:13 PM
I just wan't to know when do we get a Super-Bowl ring again?
Marcus then Priest LJ and the nightmare

hermhater
01-10-2008, 09:17 PM
I just wan't to know when do we get a Super-Bowl ring again?

Chiefs are still hoping 28 other teams decide to drop out of the league, then we get to beat the Falcons this year to win the Super Bowl!

:lol:

Northcountry68
01-10-2008, 10:06 PM
If we are bringing up Greg Hill we might as well bring up Mike Cloud,

Seriously what about blocking back? The ones I remember are Kimble Anders and of course Tony Richardson

for ever red
01-10-2008, 10:44 PM
If we are bringing up Greg Hill we might as well bring up Mike Cloud,

Seriously what about blocking back? The ones I remember are Kimble Anders and of course Tony Richardson
:bananen_smilies046: Thats two of the best.Thats for sure.:11:

IlovetheChiefs
01-13-2008, 08:59 PM
And the best Chiefs coach of all time has to be Hank Stram, right? Either him or Herman Edwards, heh!

hermhater
01-13-2008, 09:05 PM
And the best Chiefs coach of all time has to be Hank Stram, right? Either him or Herman Edwards, heh!

Herm is the best coach of the Chiefs for other teams!

IlovetheChiefs
01-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Herm is the best coach of the Chiefs for other teams!

:lol: I couldn't believe what I reading for a sec there until I read those last 3 words!

hermhater
01-13-2008, 09:27 PM
:lol: I couldn't believe what I reading for a sec there until I read those last 3 words!

Northcountry68
01-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Stram has to be the best coach of alltime for the chiefs. Marty is probably second on the list he consitantly won in the regular season, and vermeil probably third.

cparks08
01-15-2008, 09:15 AM
the "Nigerian nightmare" Christian Okoye is the best chiefs RB of all time

AkChief49
01-15-2008, 11:03 AM
the "Nigerian nightmare" Christian Okoye is the best chiefs RB of all time
he was awesome!! and gets my vote because he was drafted by the Chiefs.

m0ef0e
01-15-2008, 11:42 AM
This is a great thread guys.

My favorite RB has to be Priest simply because I was more in touch with his career than Okoye's.

No doubt the best Chief QB has to be Lenny. That guy is still active in the community and is a real hometown hero. Especially since he helped us to our only two bowls and one ring.

The best coach is Stram by far. Marty and Dick were good but couldn't get it done in the post-season.

The best Chief of all time? That's a really hard one. Some may make a case for Len Dawson. Plenty would tell you DT without the slightest hesitation. Me? I'm inclined to bestow that honor upon Tony Gonzales-- not only the greatest Chiefs TE of all time, but the greatest NFL TE, ever, period. (At least until somebody surpasses him).

hermhater
01-15-2008, 01:46 PM

My favorite RB has to be Priest simply because I was more in touch with his career than Okoye's.

No doubt the best Chief QB has to be Lenny. That guy is still active in the community and is a real hometown hero. Especially since he helped us to our only two bowls and one ring.

The best coach is Stram by far. Marty and Dick were good but couldn't get it done in the post-season.

The best Chief of all time? That's a really hard one. Some may make a case for Len Dawson. Plenty would tell you DT without the slightest hesitation. Me? I'm inclined to bestow that honor upon Tony Gonzales-- not only the greatest Chiefs TE of all time, but the greatest NFL TE, ever, period. (At least until somebody surpasses him).

He will still be the best all time even if someone else surpasses him, simply because he is a Chief!

Chiefster
01-15-2008, 03:22 PM
He will still be the best all time even if someone else surpasses him, simply because he is a Chief!

He'll need all the stats he can get to get into the HOF without a Super Bowl; see Derrick Thomas.

IlovetheChiefs
01-15-2008, 05:30 PM

Great post in this great thread! Rep!

Especially love the words about Lenny!

And good submission on Tony Gonzales. His records and accoplishments making him one of the best (or indeed THE best) tight end ever make him an excellent choice for greatest Chief of all time.

m0ef0e
01-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Great post in this great thread! Rep!

Especially love the words about Lenny!

And good submission on Tony Gonzales. His records and accoplishments making him one of the best (or indeed THE best) tight end ever make him an excellent choice for greatest Chief of all time.

Thanks, but the greatest Chief of all time is a super-tough call for me. I couldn't really argue with anybody who would suggest Dawson or DT.

On a side note, Delaney would be a nomination of personal character and heroism as opposed to accomplishments as a player. There's no telling what fruits his carrer may have bore if things had been different.

Pro_Angler
01-19-2008, 05:42 PM
Healthy For sure priest. LJ is just a money hungry pain in the ars! he quit on the team after getting bank.
best QB steve deberg. montana didn't count.

bigmoneykc420
01-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Priest!!

bigmoneykc420
01-19-2008, 08:15 PM
as far as the best chief of all time? It's tough to say because of the different postions, but I can say my favorite was #58. R.I.P.

bigmoneykc420
01-19-2008, 08:21 PM
a little off topic...but, if you are watching TV, turn to ESPN2. On the west team (blue) check out USD QB Josh Johnson. Todd Mcshay says he'll be a second day pick. I think the Chiefs should draft him. He's a little short but he can play!

Canada
01-21-2008, 01:06 PM
a little off topic...but, if you are watching TV, turn to ESPN2. On the west team (blue) check out USD QB Josh Johnson. Todd Mcshay says he'll be a second day pick. I think the Chiefs should draft him. He's a little short but he can play!

Maybe he could hang out with HH!!

hermhater
01-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Maybe he could hang out with HH!!

Hey, I made those ducks look like... well ducks!

Canada
01-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Hey, I made those ducks look like... well ducks!

Yeah, but really tall ducks!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
01-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Yeah, but really tall ducks!! :bananen_smilies046:

Hey that one tall one was a really big goose!

Canada
01-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Hey that one tall one was a really big goose!

that is cause he is Canadian :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
01-22-2008, 01:10 PM
that is cause he is Canadian :bananen_smilies046:

No that goose in the pictures and video is some weird kind of goose.

The Canadian geese were flying back and forth above us confused as hell!

:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
01-22-2008, 01:10 PM
No that goose in the pictures and video is some weird kind of goose.

The Canadian geese were flying back and forth above us confused as hell!

:bananen_smilies046:

It's called avoiding you.

rbedgood
01-22-2008, 01:12 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hermhater
01-22-2008, 01:17 PM

I don't think so!

They kept coming back!

It's just hard for a Canadian to leave KC I guess!

Canada
01-22-2008, 01:18 PM
I don't think so!

They kept coming back!

It's just hard for a Canadian to leave KC I guess!

Someone please post the Capt. Obvious pic here!!

hermhater
01-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Someone please post the Capt. Obvious pic here!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/212.jpg