PDA

View Full Version : how 'bout a trade?

texaschief
03-07-2007, 02:50 AM
i really like the fact that we signed a true mlb like harris. he's a young vet who knows the tampa system real well. that said, why don't we send Trent Green and Jared Allen/or draft pick to Chicago for Briggs and a draft pick? that would give us one of the best LB corps in the league with harris, briggs and johnson. they'll be young and under contract for a long time.

then we could try and move Bell to replace Allen at end. He's still fast and athletic... and young. then we could use the extra draft pick for a DT, OL, CB or WR.

If the bears don't want Allen, we use a draft pick to bring in Briggs and we trade Allen for any of the afforementioned needs of the team.

with this scenario, seems like all parties are happy. Chicago gets the qb who wont turn over the ball and a good DE or draft pick, K.C. gets a strong linebacking corp and options to address futher needs plus the abilitiy to allow Croyle to take the reigns in a very challenging season that should be chalked up to a rebuilding year. Also, all disgruntled players get traded like they want.

Thoughts?

Chiefster
03-07-2007, 05:16 AM
i really like the fact that we signed a true mlb like harris. he's a young vet who knows the tampa system real well. that said, why don't we send Trent Green and Jared Allen/or draft pick to Chicago for Briggs and a draft pick? that would give us one of the best LB corps in the league with harris, briggs and johnson. they'll be young and under contract for a long time.

then we could try and move Bell to replace Allen at end. He's still fast and athletic... and young. then we could use the extra draft pick for a DT, OL, CB or WR.

If the bears don't want Allen, we use a draft pick to bring in Briggs and we trade Allen for any of the afforementioned needs of the team.

with this scenario, seems like all parties are happy. Chicago gets the qb who wont turn over the ball and a good DE or draft pick, K.C. gets a strong linebacking corp and options to address futher needs plus the abilitiy to allow Croyle to take the reigns in a very challenging season that should be chalked up to a rebuilding year. Also, all disgruntled players get traded like they want.

Thoughts?

First off: Welcome to the "Crowd"

Well, you certainly have taken the time to ponder a thoughtful thread that seems to have covered most of the bases. My only thoughts are that these acquisitions would most likely require player trades seeing how we are twenty-third in the draft, and most of the big talent has been sifted through at that point, even though twenty-third is a higher draft position then what the Bears are currently sitting at.

chief31
03-07-2007, 01:30 PM
I like where your head is at. Chicago would be a friendly set-up for Trent too. And I am concerned about his well-being. Chicago has a pretty good O-line, and I would like to see Trent have a chance to lead a division winner.

I really like the creative thinking. I wish the Chiefs' management were as creative.

Chiefster
03-07-2007, 01:50 PM
I like where your head is at. Chicago would be a friendly set-up for Trent too. And I am concerned about his well-being. Chicago has a pretty good O-line, and I would like to see Trent have a chance to lead a division winner.

I really like the creative thinking. I wish the Chiefs' management were as creative.

I think "wish" is about all we can do.

wolfpack
03-07-2007, 03:51 PM
i much as i as i have respect for Trent and thought he was great with dickie`s offense, he needs to retire. head injury,age, he`s got money, why risk it. put him in the booth with Lenny and Mitch.

Coach
03-07-2007, 05:46 PM
i much as i as i have respect for Trent and thought he was great with dickie`s offense, he needs to retire. head injury,age, he`s got money, why risk it. put him in the booth with Lenny and Mitch.

While you're probably right Wolfpack, Trent does not seem to want to retire. I love the idea of a Briggs/Green trade. We are QB heavy, they are LB heavy. Green wants out, Briggs wants out. They want a quality QB, we need a quality LB to replace Mitchell. The Bears would instantly be thought of as contenders, and we would instantly have a much improved defense.

I think it makes sense for all sides. The only problem I foresee is that Briggs wants out so that he can get his payday. We don't have the cap room for this.

Very interesting. I'd love to get the opinion of some bears fans. I'll email this thread to some of my friends in Chicago to see what they think.

Chiefster
03-07-2007, 07:52 PM

I would have liked to see us retain Trent as QB coach. The rumor was at one time that Trent would be offered a front office job upon retirement, if I am not mistaken.

Chiefster
03-07-2007, 07:53 PM
While you're probably right Wolfpack, Trent does not seem to want to retire. I love the idea of a Briggs/Green trade. We are QB heavy, they are LB heavy. Green wants out, Briggs wants out. They want a quality QB, we need a quality LB to replace Mitchell. The Bears would instantly be thought of as contenders, and we would instantly have a much improved defense.

I think it makes sense for all sides. The only problem I foresee is that Briggs wants out so that he can get his payday. We don't have the cap room for this.

Very interesting. I'd love to get the opinion of some bears fans. I'll email this thread to some of my friends in Chicago to see what they think.

Same here.

texaschief
03-08-2007, 02:56 AM

the cap room should be fine once we get green's 7mil. off our books. not to mention if we have to throw in Allen. his numbers would be off the books as well, or any other player we include.

i've heard k.c. is looking for a late round draft pick for compensation for green, so i doubt green alone would be enough to reel in Briggs

Chiefster
03-08-2007, 05:09 AM
There's a lot of potential for FA maneuvering; I think before it's all said and done we may hardly recognize our Chiefs.

wolfpack
03-08-2007, 10:16 AM
trent willbe traded to the phins this week or next. hermie said there was more "blockbuster" trades coming. he said he didn`t think it was LJ.just big name players. rumor is Wesley and or Hall is also on the block. Holtus said on 810.

Chiefster
03-08-2007, 11:23 AM
trent willbe traded to the phins this week or next. hermie said there was more "blockbuster" trades coming. he said he didn`t think it was LJ.just big name players. rumor is Wesley and or Hall is also on the block. Holtus said on 810.

Seeing those two on the block would come as no surprize to me whatsoever.

Coach
03-08-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm ready for Hall to go. We need someone new.

Chiefster
03-08-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm ready for Hall to go. We need someone new.

Yup! Someone who can run a kick off/punt return forward.

kenny1937
03-09-2007, 02:28 AM
I'm with you and Coach, Chiefster, Hall is like a bottle of Pop that has lost it's fizz, Flat, We need someone who is all fizzed up, and ready to go. (grin)

:bananen_smilies063: :bananen_smilies063: :bananen_smilies063: :bananen_smilies063:

Chiefster
03-09-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm with you and Coach, Chiefster, Hall is like a bottle of Pop that has lost it's fizz, Flat, We need someone who is all fizzed up, and ready to go. (grin)

:bananen_smilies063: :bananen_smilies063: :bananen_smilies063: :bananen_smilies063:

...Or someone who can run two steps without taking ten backwards.

wolfpack
03-09-2007, 09:38 AM
if i remember right Webb returned kickoff`s in the preseason last year and did alright. they should let him have the job.

Chiefster
03-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Rumor has it that Green may actually find himself in Oakland.

"NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that if Miami cannot work out a trade for Trent Green, Green could be released and end up in Oakland."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/cl...=NFL&majteam=KC (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=KC)

kenny1937
03-09-2007, 06:29 PM
I sure hope not, I wouldn't wish a dog I hated to wind up in Oakland, he deserves better.

:character0008: :uacsmiley:

Chiefster
03-10-2007, 12:23 AM
I sure hope not, I wouldn't wish a dog I hated to wind up in Oakland, he deserves better.

:character0008: :uacsmiley:

For sure; knowing our luck though - he'd go to Oakland and kick our back sides like Gannon did.

Guru
03-10-2007, 12:26 AM
Rumor has it that Green may actually find himself in Oakland.

"NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that if Miami cannot work out a trade for Trent Green, Green could be released and end up in Oakland."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/cl...=NFL&majteam=KC (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=KC)
Will never happen. The Chiefs will not allow any team from the AFC West to have him. They learned their lesson in the past.

Chiefster
03-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Will never happen. The Chiefs will not allow any team from the AFC West to have him. They learned their lesson in the past.

Let us all hope.

kenny1937
03-10-2007, 02:24 AM

I really hope that you are right Guru, Trent has a few good seasons left, I hope that he has a good O Line where ever he ends up.

:shootingsoldier: :character0074: :bananen_smilies066: :character0041:

Chiefster
03-10-2007, 01:31 PM

Good job oh intelligent one:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scorecard/03/09/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

Coach
03-10-2007, 05:09 PM

I'd agree that they won't trade him to anyone in the AFC West. But if they cut him, he's open game to evry team. I would not be surprised at all if Oakland made a run for him once he is released.

I doubt we get anything for him because other teams know that at some point we have to cut him. Does this make sense?

Chiefster
03-10-2007, 11:22 PM
I'd agree that they won't trade him to anyone in the AFC West. But if they cut him, he's open game to evry team. I would not be surprised at all if Oakland made a run for him once he is released.

I doubt we get anything for him because other teams know that at some point we have to cut him. Does this make sense?

I kind of wished we would have let him compete with Huard for the starting position.

wolfpack
03-11-2007, 11:32 AM
how about trading wesley,bell,hall for what we need the most, a DT!

Coach
03-11-2007, 12:10 PM
I kind of wished we would have let him compete with Huard for the starting position.

In theory, this is still in play. The Chiefs haven't signed or traded him yet. But he is such a large salary cap hit, that if we did keep him, we would have some serious holes.
:bananen_smilies066:

Chiefster
03-11-2007, 10:52 PM
In theory, this is still in play. The Chiefs haven't signed or traded him yet. But he is such a large salary cap hit, that if we did keep him, we would have some serious holes.
:bananen_smilies066:

Sadly this is the case; I just fear that Huard may prove to be a one season wonder. The fact of the matter is that I'm not convinced that Huard’s play was better then Greens. The WRs seemed to drop some real easy catches when Green was throwing the ball and made Huard look good with some tough acrobatic catches, not mention that the play calling got extremely conservative and easy to defend with Green under center.

wolfpack
03-13-2007, 01:35 AM
we have not resigned Edwards or Reed. so basically we are down to Wilkerson and Sims as DT. Wilkerson is alright for rotation,Sims is good for taking up cap space and locker room space. we need to trade or sign(if there is any) a DT! we can sign the greastest LB`ers in the NFL,which we might have now, but if they are spending more time fighting off blocks then they`ll have less time tackling someone.
I`ve haven`t heard much from them about DT`S. wonder if the queen and hermie have something up their sleeve, trade maybe?

Chiefster
03-13-2007, 02:40 AM
we have not resigned Edwards or Reed. so basically we are down to Wilkerson and Sims as DT. Wilkerson is alright for rotation,Sims is good for taking up cap space and locker room space. we need to trade or sign(if there is any) a DT! we can sign the greastest LB`ers in the NFL,which we might have now, but if they are spending more time fighting off blocks then they`ll have less time tackling someone.
I`ve haven`t heard much from them about DT`S. wonder if the queen and hermie have something up their sleeve, trade maybe?

You forgot to mention bench space, sideline space and space in the cafeteria. When that sits around the house he REALLY sits around the house.

wolfpack
03-13-2007, 10:42 AM
i did see a DT monday or today. Boone(?) a 320lb DT backup from the bears. well atleast it something.and probably a backup but the bears backups are probably better than our starters.

Chiefster
03-13-2007, 10:45 AM
i did see a DT monday or today. Boone(?) a 320lb DT backup from the bears. well atleast it something.and probably a backup but the bears backups are probably better than our starters.

I'll take any back-up who could start anywahere else in the league.

wolfpack
03-13-2007, 10:52 AM
isn`t scott a DT? maybe look at him. and Wilkerson a RFA so basically all we have is bench space sims.

Chiefster
03-13-2007, 10:55 AM
isn`t scott a DT? maybe look at him. and Wilkerson a RFA so basically all we have is bench space sims.

Yup! Thanks Carl!

wolfpack
03-15-2007, 01:55 AM
Smith signed with brownies so thats one less on the market. a market that was already thin.

Chiefster
03-15-2007, 08:26 AM
I remember when we got Sims; he was supposed to be the DT of all DT's. Shows ya what a crap shoot the draft is.

wolfpack
03-15-2007, 10:53 AM
all rookies shouldbe payed a rookie min. then bonuses added. until they prove their worth. but this is a subject for a new thread sometime.

Chiefster
03-15-2007, 11:11 AM
all rookies shouldbe payed a rookie min. then bonuses added. until they prove their worth. but this is a subject for a new thread sometime.

It has actually already been discussed, but I can't remember where, and I agree with you BTW. I would, jokingly, call "repost" but that little word is a sore subject to some.

kenny1937
03-16-2007, 06:54 PM
:character00269: Repost!! I don't need no stinking Repost!! :character00269:

I agree with you wolfpack, rookies are just that rookies, the reason for all this nonsense is a group of people called agents. All the league has to do to eliminate the bidding wars is to make a rookie entry level with a cap on bonuses, and voila, this nonsense would be over.

:character00113: :bananen_smilies096:

Chiefster
03-16-2007, 10:10 PM
:character00269: Repost!! I don't need no stinking Repost!! :character00269:

I agree with you wolfpack, rookies are just that rookies, the reason for all this nonsense is a group of people called agents. All the league has to do to eliminate the bidding wars is to make a rookie entry level with a cap on bonuses, and voila, this nonsense would be over.

:character00113: :bananen_smilies096:

Agreed, but it'll never happen.

chief31
03-31-2007, 11:11 AM
I am giddy!!:orange: We may aquire a high second round pick, for Trent Green. Now, all we need to do, is trade away Larry Johnson.( I know, I do alot of L.J. hatin', But I don't,actually, hate the guy.) I want Calvin Johnson!!! He is a serious stud.

Let's see if Detroit will give us a first,(second overall) and maybe a third, or fourth. We would be like kids, on Christmas morning. Well....I would, anyway. Especially, since trading L.J. would mean that we wouldn't have to "break the bank" for him.

So, let's see..... Dolphins give us the 41st, overall, while Detroit gives us the second and 66th picks. That comes to a total of..........
2nd; 23rd; 41st; 55th; 66th; and 84th overall picks.
let me use names..........
WR Calvin Johnson; OT Joe Staley; G Justin Blalock; DT DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler; CB David Irons; G Manuel Ramirez.
That is a draft!!!! That's a draft that could be the foundation of a championship team. I even made a big "reach" for Ramirez. Since we won't be drafting in the fourth round.

I didn't take a half-back, because we would, again, have an offensive line that anyone could run behind. Maybe not instantly, but eventually. Not to mention, I am only dreaming here. Just for clarity, this will never happen. I am having a good time, though.

kenny1937
03-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Hey chief31, it is quite alright to dream on this board, your dream is as good as any others that I have read, we can always hope, in fact that is a Chief's fan middle name, hope.

:bananen_smilies091: :sign0098:

Coach
03-31-2007, 08:58 PM
I'd trade LJ straight up for the 2nd pick.

Chiefster
03-31-2007, 09:02 PM
I'd trade LJ straight up for the 2nd pick.

I don't see us lettin LJ go any time soon.

Coach
03-31-2007, 09:10 PM
I don't see us lettin LJ go any time soon.
me either. He's getting franchised.:lol:

jgunn1966
03-31-2007, 09:32 PM
Keep Trent around lets wait and see after preseason where we stand, Green gets us nothing right now. I'm not sold on Damon and Croyle is no Ben R. waiting in wings. The question is do we want to win now or rebuild?

TheLateGreat#58Fan
04-01-2007, 12:43 AM
How many people on here honestly think it is in the Chiefs best interest to get rid of Larry Johnson? I just dont see it. Everyone who dominates and is young wants more money- thats just the way it it 95% of the time. We have to get rid of Green if we can get a decent pick for him- if for no other reason than because of his age. I dont dislike Trent, trust me- when I was at Jacksonville-KC last year and he got hurt and Huard came in looked great and they put Trent back in- It made me sick. He has been great for this organization. Unless he is ready to make alot less money and help groom a young guy he has to go. I dont know that Croyle is the answer to the superbowl question but I know Trent isnt. (Unfortunately sniff sniff) I would love to see us be aggresive with trades and move up and around in the draft, but Carl Peterson just doesnt do that. We definitely need a WR, but we also need OL, DL, secondary- If we are playing GM and you had our pick what are position are you guys thinking-or are we going for a best player available pick. I think Meacham would be nice at that pick or Bowe- we have nobody at WR- we need help Obvioulsy Calvin Johnson is a freak I have been able to see him a few times downhere but I just think you would see me in there at QB before Carl and Herm decide to give away draft picks or a player to get high enough to take him- But like oyu guys said lets hope

Canada
04-01-2007, 01:00 AM
No trading Larry. I know he is "a bit" of a whiner but lets not get ahead of ourselves trying to draft a Superbowl team this year. As much as LJ is a pain in the *** he can run the ball. We KNOW that. I don't want a first round bust on our hands at the cost of a great running back. No knock to Calvin Johnson. How many great players come in later rounds or undrafted. I don't think we need to trade away the team we have for the team we wish we had. As for Trent, I will be sad to see him go. Some great years watching him toss the ball around. I am going to go out on a limb and say that he will stay with us to help the young guys along. Huard did alright last year in a limited role, but there is a reason that he has been a career back up. I am not saying he can't do the job but what happens if Croyle dosen't cut it and Huard proves to be what he has been for the past 9 years. KC Printers?? lol I just want that guy on the team cause his name is Casey (KC). Anyways, I am still available for the start of the season if they need me so lets not sweat too much. I can fill in at any spot. Except WR. Too hard to catch a ball with a beer in your hand. :)

Canada
04-01-2007, 01:07 AM
How bout we bring back Holmes and then trade LJ?:)

Chiefster
04-01-2007, 07:27 AM
Keep Trent around lets wait and see after preseason where we stand, Green gets us nothing right now. I'm not sold on Damon and Croyle is no Ben R. waiting in wings. The question is do we want to win now or rebuild?

Welcome aboard!

Great question; some might contend that we have to do one in order to do the other.

Chiefster
04-01-2007, 07:34 AM
No trading Larry. I know he is "a bit" of a whiner but lets not get ahead of ourselves trying to draft a Superbowl team this year. As much as LJ is a pain in the *** he can run the ball. We KNOW that. I don't want a first round bust on our hands at the cost of a great running back. No knock to Calvin Johnson. How many great players come in later rounds or undrafted. I don't think we need to trade away the team we have for the team we wish we had. As for Trent, I will be sad to see him go. Some great years watching him toss the ball around. I am going to go out on a limb and say that he will stay with us to help the young guys along. Huard did alright last year in a limited role, but there is a reason that he has been a career back up. I am not saying he can't do the job but what happens if Croyle dosen't cut it and Huard proves to be what he has been for the past 9 years. KC Printers?? lol I just want that guy on the team cause his name is Casey (KC). Anyways, I am still available for the start of the season if they need me so lets not sweat too much. I can fill in at any spot. Except WR. Too hard to catch a ball with a beer in your hand. :)

Excellent point! Rep for you! :D

Canada
04-01-2007, 09:03 AM
I don't know what Rep is but I like it!!

Coach
04-01-2007, 09:11 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/redbar/buttons/reputation.gif (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/reputation.php?p=5520) Rep can be positive or negative and can be given to anyone for any of their posts. So Chiefster is saying that he thought you had a good post. Right under the post count you should see a green dot. The more positive rep people give you, the more green dots you will accumulate.

To give someone rep, simply find a post you like or hate, then click on the scale(http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/redbar/buttons/reputation.gif (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/reputation.php?p=5520)).

Canada
04-01-2007, 09:15 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/redbar/buttons/reputation.gif (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/reputation.php?p=5520) Rep can be positive or negative and can be given to anyone for any of their posts. So Chiefster is saying that he thought you had a good post. Right under the post count you should see a green dot. The more positive rep people give you, the more green dots you will accumulate.

To give someone rep, simply find a post you like or hate, then click on the scale(http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/redbar/buttons/reputation.gif (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/reputation.php?p=5520)).
I see. I am a bit of an idiot when it comes to computers. My wife is the good looks and brains in the family. I a the big dumb Chiefs fan. I am slowly converting her to a Chiefs an though, so I don't know what I will do once that happens. At least I still bring home a paycheck :)

Chiefster
04-01-2007, 01:52 PM
I see. I am a bit of an idiot when it comes to computers. My wife is the good looks and brains in the family. I a the big dumb Chiefs fan. I am slowly converting her to a Chiefs an though, so I don't know what I will do once that happens. At least I still bring home a paycheck :)

That, sir, is an oxymoron. :D

Canada
04-01-2007, 04:37 PM
That, sir, is an oxymoron. :D
I knew it didn't feel right even when i was typing it.

Canada
04-01-2007, 05:24 PM
So, the trade between the Dolphins and the donkeys for Dan Wilkinson fell through. What about a trade with Green for Wilkinson? God knows we could use the d line help.

jgunn1966
04-01-2007, 06:27 PM
Trade Green and Allen for Jason Taylor:fan_wave2: :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
04-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Trade Green and Allen for Jason Taylor:fan_wave2: :bananen_smilies046:
sounds like a trade to me

Chiefster
04-01-2007, 10:37 PM
I knew it didn't feel right even when i was typing it.

Well I would hope so. :D

wolfpack
04-02-2007, 10:42 AM
i waiting for someone to take the queen from us,why i`d even buy them a case of beer.

Chiefster
04-02-2007, 03:36 PM
i waiting for someone to take the queen from us,why i`d even buy them a case of beer.

You'd need at least that much to get them buzzed enough to even entertain the thought.

Canada
04-02-2007, 05:45 PM
There's a lot of potential for FA maneuvering; I think before it's all said and done we may hardly recognize our Chiefs.
sure we will recognize them, the will be the team inRed and Gold kickin ***!!

Canada
04-02-2007, 05:46 PM
A case of beer. Send me his adress and I will get rid of him :)

Chiefster
04-02-2007, 10:11 PM
A case of beer. Send me his adress and I will get rid of him :)

Deal! LOL!

jgunn1966
04-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Maybe Carl can start a retirement home and call it "One and Done Retirement Center" It can be very over priced and hard to get out.

Chiefster
04-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Maybe Carl get start a retirement home and call it "One and Done Retirement Center" It can be very over priced and hard to get out.

You just described every single retirement home in America. :D