PDA

View Full Version : Chief Jerseys....

jerhart
01-11-2008, 10:37 PM
...let's argue about something that does have to deal with the personel on the team for once....the allmighty red jerseys!! I duno....what do yalls think of them? Stay with them? Update them? What about the Black Jerseys you see folks wear...should the Chiefs adopt them (I personally say no)...I DO wish we had some sweeet throwbacks....I love watching when teams wear their throwbacks....did the Texans have a throwback before coming to KC?

Northcountry68
01-11-2008, 10:41 PM
I don't think the chiefs should change their uni's. They've remained mostly unchecked since they moved KC and are classic like Green Bay and Dallas. I wouldn't mind seeing them wear those Black Alternate jersey that I've seen in sporting goods stores when I've been in KC. Or maybe even wear all red once a year for a big game.

IlovetheChiefs
01-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Falcons went from red to black. But that should never happen to our Chiefs.

Chiefs RED
Royals BLUE

Forever!

Chiefster
01-11-2008, 10:48 PM
...let's argue...

Let's not and say we did.

Northcountry68
01-11-2008, 10:55 PM
I meant wearing a black jersey once a year. Maybe it will start a Super Bowl Run.

Chiefster
01-11-2008, 10:58 PM
I meant wearing a black jersey once a year. Maybe it will start a Super Bowl Run.

I don't believe that to make any difference at all.

Northcountry68
01-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Never know right? Plus I think the NFL encourages it.

wolfpack
01-11-2008, 11:09 PM
if they sart playing better the fans willbe wearing styish brown bags.

jerhart
01-11-2008, 11:21 PM
I don't think the chiefs should change their uni's. They've remained mostly unchecked since they moved KC and are classic like Green Bay and Dallas. I wouldn't mind seeing them wear those Black Alternate jersey that I've seen in sporting goods stores when I've been in KC. Or maybe even wear all red once a year for a big game.

....but Green Bay and Dallas both have throw back jerseys.

Here is Green Bay's throw back...
http://spln.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pG01-2807121reg.jpg

hermhater
01-11-2008, 11:28 PM
....but Green Bay and Dallas both have throw back jerseys.

Here is Green Bay's throw back...
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

That's ugly.

jerhart
01-11-2008, 11:28 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0c/Kansas-City-Chiefs_-1960s_Secondary.png/200px-Kansas-City-Chiefs_-1960s_Secondary.png
There is always this logo...but it was never put onto a jersey or helmet....so I am guess chiefs have no throwbacks...

...on another note....red pants, red jerseys would be pretty sweet looking

jerhart
01-11-2008, 11:29 PM
That's ugly.

My buddy has that jersey and its actually pretty sweet...I like it more than their present jerseys

hermhater
01-11-2008, 11:37 PM
My buddy has that jersey and its actually pretty sweet...I like it more than their present jerseys

How does timsatt look in it?

IlovetheChiefs
01-11-2008, 11:39 PM
That's ugly.

Really really ugly was the Eagles throwback from about 1931 that they wore in a 56-21 rout of Detroit this year.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/72.jpg

hermhater
01-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Really really ugly was the Eagles throwback from about 1931 that they wore in a 56-21 rout of Detroit this year.

Sucks to live in the city with the worst fans in the world, eh?

:lol:

jerhart
01-11-2008, 11:43 PM

NOW [U]THATS[U] UGLY. :bananen_smilies046:

Lazeye
01-12-2008, 12:51 AM
I really would not mind a change in our current uni, dont get me wrong I do like the ones we have but I think change can be good and refreshing for the players and us fans. You all may not agree.

hermhater
01-12-2008, 12:55 AM
I really would not mind a change in our current uni, dont get me wrong I do like the ones we have but I think change can be good and refreshing for the players and us fans. You all may not agree.

At least you are being polite.

YZILLA
01-12-2008, 01:00 AM
The way they finished the season , I think the lady that sews the Names on the Jerseys for each years team needs to get the bedazzler and put some shiny beads on their pants , Maybe have some words like Juicy on their butts like all the girls where nowdays. Maybe a matching purse and frilly hat ?

hermhater
01-12-2008, 01:03 AM
The way they finished the season , I think the lady that sews the Names on the Jerseys for each years team needs to get the bedazzler and put some shiny beads on their pants , Maybe have some words like Juicy on their butts like all the girls where nowdays. Maybe a matching purse and frilly hat ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude...

I can't get that picture out of my head!

Did I mention...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YZILLA
01-12-2008, 01:05 AM
I knew I liked you for a reason , we siick minds think alike!

hermhater
01-12-2008, 01:09 AM
I knew I liked you for a reason , we siick minds think alike!

Instead of the lady that sews the names on the uniforms, it should be Herm that has to do it!

:mob:

IlovetheChiefs
01-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Look at the Raiders (if you can stomach it that is, heh!). Five years in a row of records ranging from 2-14 to 5-11. But they keep their classic silver and black.

Chiefs should always bleed red.

I don't like changes like that anyway. I hate when teams move to other cities, change divisions, change their logos or colors. I like the older Patriots, Buccaneers, and Donkeys logos better. Heh, I even liked the old light blue colors of the helmets and jerseys for the former Houston Oilers better than when they went white. It's how I originally knew them as.

That's why it was cool to me when the Jets returned to their dominant white after a period of dominant green, the Giants went back to NY on their helmets after switching to GIANTS for a while, and the Raiders returned to Oakland after being in LA a while.

Heh, I DESPISE the Raiders but they still belong in Oakland. As one other NON-Raider fan said to me once after they moved to LA, "They'll always be Oakland to me."

Oh and I also LOVED when Cleveland wanted the Browns back with same colors and logos (well, the same NO logo that is!) and all, instead of starting a new thing as Houston disappointed me with by having the new team be the Texans instead of reviving the Oilers.

C'mon Cardinals, move back to St.Louis and c'mon Rams, move back to LA!

Of course if I was 100% consistent in my thinking here I'd be calling for our Chiefs to move to Dallas. NO WAY!

Canada
01-12-2008, 12:14 PM
The old Bucs?? NO. I agree with the others but that puke colored orange hurt my eyes!! And the Chiefs have always been a KC team since the inception of the NFL. Dallas was an AFL thing so we wouldn't have to move.

Lazeye
01-12-2008, 12:35 PM
My final thought on this is the black jersey that we see in the chiefs store with all red pants with a black stripe down the side of them. But if they would wear them for show just once or twice I think it would be the talk of the nfl for awhile and that might not make some people that work in the media happy cause there is positive talk about K.C. which does not happen often.

luv
01-12-2008, 12:39 PM
...let's argue about something that does have to deal with the personel on the team for once....the allmighty red jerseys!! I duno....what do yalls think of them? Stay with them? Update them? What about the Black Jerseys you see folks wear...should the Chiefs adopt them (I personally say no)...I DO wish we had some sweeet throwbacks....I love watching when teams wear their throwbacks....did the Texans have a throwback before coming to KC?
No on the black. It's not even one of the Chiefs primary colors...red, gold, and white. I'd say a yellow jersey would be more fitting than a black jersey.

IlovetheChiefs
01-12-2008, 04:15 PM
The old Bucs?? NO. I agree with the others but that puke colored orange hurt my eyes!! And the Chiefs have always been a KC team since the inception of the NFL. Dallas was an AFL thing so we wouldn't have to move.

That orange was a little loud but I rather liked the logo (a pirate instead of the jolly roger).

http://members.tripod.com/~nflphotos1/Bucsbruce.JPG

And right with the Chiefs it was a whole new team anyway (like the Houston Oilers became the Tennessee Oilers for a while but then changed to the Titans. No point in the Titans ever reverting back to the Oilers and/or Houston now! Same with the Baltimore Ravens. And that means the Colts can't go back to Baltimore. (Now that was one of the most egregious team moves of all time eh, how the owner sneaked the Colts out of town that one night around 1984?!)

Northcountry68
01-12-2008, 04:36 PM
I think yellow jersey's would look a little fruity. Black is at least a mean color, not a color of flowers growing in the spring time

jerhart
01-12-2008, 04:41 PM
...well I guess in the end, I think I would like to see all red...I may see if I can get creative on photoshop :yahoo:

Canada
01-12-2008, 04:43 PM
RED

That is all

jerhart
01-12-2008, 05:06 PM
All red look something like this? I duno, I think it looks pretty saweet...
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s44/jerhart/lj.jpg

jerhart
01-12-2008, 05:07 PM
haha...and ya I forgot, LJ is the only one wearing red pants ha....

Northcountry68
01-12-2008, 05:27 PM
The All red would be alright for Big home games. It should be one of those things that you do sparingly. Up in Montana where I am from the Montana Grizzlies only wear all maroon when they are in the National Semifinals and the last regular season home game. The rest of the year they wear silver pants with maroon jerseys. That all red kinda reminds me of Iowa State the last few years.

AkChief49
01-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Holy Rutgers Batman!!

hermhater
01-12-2008, 06:16 PM

That would be pretty cool for a few games!

for ever red
01-12-2008, 06:39 PM
:11: To much red for me..hahaha:beer:

Lazeye
01-12-2008, 07:53 PM
I agree those red unis look damn pimpin.