PDA

View Full Version : YaaaaHoooooo!!

kenny1937
03-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Here is how the Draft goes, according to John Murphy from Yahoo Sports.
The Chiefs take Joe Staley, OT from Central Michigan, in the 23 pick spot, first round, turn the reigns over to Brodie Croyle, and take a pass catcher in the second round.

Does anyone know anything about Joe Staley?

:character00267: :sterb184: :character00102: :pokey:

Chiefster
03-08-2007, 05:12 PM
The Chiefs take Joe Staley, OT from Central Michigan, in the 23 pick spot, first round, turn the reigns over to Brodie Croyle, and take a pass catcher in the second round.

Name sounds familiar, but that's about it.

Guru
03-09-2007, 01:48 AM

WHO the heck is that?

Coach
03-09-2007, 02:11 AM
I think the better question is whether or not you hand over the reigns to Brodie. Would you rather have Damon starting or Brodie? I'd take Damon considering he's proved something and we have him signed up for a few years.

Chiefster
03-09-2007, 02:15 AM
I think the better question is whether or not you hand over the reigns to Brodie. Would you rather have Damon starting or Brodie? I'd take Damon considering he's proved something and we have him signed up for a few years.

Yeah, there's no way Brodie starts.

Chiefster
03-09-2007, 02:16 AM
WHO the heck is that?

Good question.

kenny1937
03-09-2007, 02:57 AM
Ditto on all of the above, what does YaHoo know!!

:bananen_smilies098: :bananen_smilies053: :bananen_smilies098: :bananen_smilies053:

Chiefster
03-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Ditto on all of the above, what does YaHoo know!!

:bananen_smilies098: :bananen_smilies053: :bananen_smilies098:

Well they know enough to make an enormous amount of money. :p

kenny1937
03-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Why would Mr. Peterson be looking at an OT from Central Michigan, I can't find anyone who knows any thing about Joe Staley, or what he has done at this school.

I was wondering where they got the idea that the Chiefs were getting ready to hand the reigns over to Brodie, I figured that they must have heard something.

:character0008: :uacsmiley:

chief31
03-09-2007, 10:33 PM

I had mentioned him, here....

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336&page=4

Chiefster
03-10-2007, 12:10 AM
I had mentioned him, here....

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336&page=4

Yep! I call "repost"! :D

Guru
03-10-2007, 12:15 AM
Yep! I call "repost"! :D
Not the dreaded.....
http://img102.mytextgraphics.com/matrixtext/2007/03/09/51eca4107c7a95b53d0b757453262c8b.gif (http://www.matrixtext.com)

Chiefster
03-10-2007, 12:19 AM
Not the dreaded.....
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/ (http://www.matrixtext.com)

LOL I'm afraid so!

kenny1937
03-10-2007, 02:36 AM
OI have no Idea what you guys are talking about, I mentioned it first in this thread, right after Yahoo brought it out, now it is a repost?
See Ya.

Chiefster
03-10-2007, 11:50 AM
OI have no Idea what you guys are talking about, I mentioned it first in this thread, right after Yahoo brought it out, now it is a repost?
See Ya.

LOL!

Sure; anytime at topic is mentioned twice in a thread, or there are two threads about the exact same thing, or it is mentioned elsewhere we call "repost", but basically where just having fun saying "repost!".

Chiefsfan27
03-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Joe Staley is a tackle from Central Michigan. He is the third best tackle in the draft (Thomas, Brown) but I think he is a second round talent. There is a chance he couldd go to the Raiders at #1 in the second round. But there is NO chance he will go in the first round. NONE! Chiefs could take a receiver like Dwayne Bowe LSU. Or take a DT if they trade up and get Amobi Okoye.

Chiefster
03-15-2007, 12:20 AM
I'd like to see us get Amobi Okoye, but I think our most glaring need is at WR at this point.

wolfpack
03-15-2007, 01:47 AM
it`ll be a wideout. alot of talent there this year. only acouple of good LT`S AND DT`s and they`ll go early. there seems tobe alot of LT`s and DT`s that will go in the 2nd to 4th picks. but to me every year the best picks league wide always comes from the 2nd to 4th rounds. those players seem to play with more heart.

Chiefster
03-15-2007, 08:38 AM
it`ll be a wideout. alot of talent there this year. only acouple of good LT`S AND DT`s and they`ll go early. there seems tobe alot of LT`s and DT`s that will go in the 2nd to 4th picks. but to me every year the best picks league wide always comes from the 2nd to 4th rounds. those players seem to play with more heart.

True; Sims was a first rounder, and we all know what a find he was.

Chiefster
03-15-2007, 09:05 AM
See Ya.

You mentioned it in this thread on 03/08/07. Chief31 posted it in another thread on 03/02/07; a whole six days earlier if you want to get technical about it, but we were just kiddin around. All of us "repost" at one point or another, it's not like we are going to ban anyone for it.

wolfpack
03-15-2007, 10:51 AM
they are kidding about repost. me personally, i could care less. i just skip that thread. at least your joining in and giving your "2 cents worth." thats what conts in the long run.

Chiefster
03-15-2007, 11:12 AM
they are kidding about repost. me personally, i could care less. i just skip that thread. at least your joining in and giving your "2 cents worth." thats what conts in the long run.

Exactly my friend! :D

kenny1937
03-16-2007, 02:17 PM
What I was most interested in, was the comment about turning the reigns over to Croyle, I know that Herm Edwards wants to go young, and I thought that maybe Yahoo, had some info on this, that made them put out this statement. To me, it would be an insult to a guy who has given his best, to be relegated to third string, with Croyle starting and Huard back up.

:character00269:

Chiefster
03-16-2007, 02:42 PM
What I was most interested in, was the comment about turning the reigns over to Croyle, I know that Herm Edwards wants to go young, and I thought that maybe Yahoo, had some info on this, that made them put out this statement. To me, it would be an insult to a guy who has given his best, to be relegated to third string, with Croyle starting and Huard back up.

:character00269:

...Agreed.

For sure it would be a slap in the face, but since when has Carl ever been concerned with tact?

kenny1937
03-16-2007, 07:07 PM
With upper management it is business, so personalities can not interfere
with management decisions, I can see it happening.

:sword: :drums: :24:

chief31
03-17-2007, 02:08 PM
If Croyle starts, I will vomit, all over myself. Admittedly, he is used to being under constant pressure from poorly blocked pass-rushers, but he generally takes the sack, under those circumstances. Huard played outstanding, last season, even under tremendous pressure. That is the starter for the Chiefs, this coming season.

Chiefster
03-17-2007, 06:38 PM
With upper management it is business, so personalities can not interfere
with management decisions, I can see it happening.

:sword: :drums: :24:

Yup; and it's a business of: "What have you done for me lately?"

Chiefster
03-17-2007, 06:49 PM
If Croyle starts, I will vomit, all over myself. Admittedly, he is used to being under constant pressure from poorly blocked pass-rushers, but he generally takes the sack, under those circumstances. Huard played outstanding, last season, even under tremendous pressure. That is the starter for the Chiefs, this coming season.

Agreed; but I believe that Green's performance would have exceeded Huard’s had they opened up the play book for Green like they did Huard, and had the receivers performed for Green like they did for Huard.

I'm not saying that there was some conspiracy to have Green replaced; just that the truth of the matter is the play calling for Green was very bland and predictable, while the receivers missed many of passes Green threw that they should have caught.

chief31
03-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Agreed; but I believe that Green's performance would have exceeded Huard’s had they opened up the play book for Green like they did Huard, and had the receivers performed for Green like they did for Huard.

I'm not saying that there was some conspiracy to have Green replaced; just that the truth of the matter is the play calling for Green was very bland and predictable, while the receivers missed many of passes Green threw that they should have caught.

It is amazing, to me, how the excuse for Huards well done job, during the season, was that the Chiefs were calling a safe gameplan, for him. Now, appearantly, the safe gameplan was in effect for Green, not Huard.

Not trying to be overly critical, just amazed at how far folks have been willing to "reach" for explanations for the success differential between those two guys, last season.

Chiefster
03-18-2007, 01:30 PM
It is amazing, to me, how the excuse for Huards well done job, during the season, was that the Chiefs were calling a safe gameplan, for him. Now, appearantly, the safe gameplan was in effect for Green, not Huard.

Not trying to be overly critical, just amazed at how far folks have been willing to "reach" for explanations for the success differential between those two guys, last season.

Not making excuses my friend merely staing fact, as I see it, nor am I dismissing Huards affectiveness; he did a good job. It will be interesting to see how well He plays next season; I'm looking, and hoping, for good things from him.

chief31
03-18-2007, 01:44 PM
I hear ya. The way I see it, though, was that Trent was looking for the deep passes, not having enough time to do so. Whereas, Damon was throwing the ball, before his recievers were making their moves. Anticipating where they were going to be.

I say it often, I love Trent Green, and , given enough time in the pocket, he throws the ball with great velocityt and location. However, the Chiefs O-line was not, and will not be, able to provide him with that kind of time, in the pocket.

Chiefster
03-18-2007, 04:13 PM
I hear ya. The way I see it, though, was that Trent was looking for the deep passes, not having enough time to do so. Whereas, Damon was throwing the ball, before his recievers were making their moves. Anticipating where they were going to be.

I say it often, I love Trent Green, and , given enough time in the pocket, he throws the ball with great velocityt and location. However, the Chiefs O-line was not, and will not be, able to provide him with that kind of time, in the pocket.

Agreed, and...
You can say that again my Chiefs brother!

kenny1937
03-22-2007, 02:23 AM
For the sake of argument, if the Yahoo prediction pans out, we get Joe Staley, Brodie is our QB, and we get wr in second round, and on and on, what does the Chiefs season look like with this scenario?

:character00264: :please: :armee_smilies113:

chief31
03-22-2007, 12:19 PM
I don't know about Croyle. I prefer to see if Huard can be the man. I like Staley. (especially with Turley having gotten the axe yesterday.) And, I could accept a second round reciever. However, the defensive tackle position isn't being addressed in that scenario.

wolfpack
03-22-2007, 06:41 PM
haurd will start this year and croyle next. if haurd gets hurt then croyle is the man. cant learn sitting on the bench. maybe we can get real lucky and sign scott also. if not i bet we get a DT in the 3rd or 4th round.

Coach
03-22-2007, 09:59 PM
haurd will start this year and croyle next. if haurd gets hurt then croyle is the man.

This is what I'm hoping for.

kenny1937
03-24-2007, 02:54 AM
I don't know about Croyle. I prefer to see if Huard can be the man. I like Staley. (especially with Turley having gotten the axe yesterday.) And, I could accept a second round reciever. However, the defensive tackle position isn't being addressed in that scenario.

Right on chief31, I didn't much care for the scenario either, like you say Staley, (if he is available) would be all right, but to hand the reigns over to Brodie is jumping the gun in my opinion, use him as back up, let him gain experience, then if the young man shows the ability to be the next QB for KC, than use him. Like you say, the need for DT isn't addressed, but then again it's Yahoo, (grin)

:bananen_smilies090: :SmokinBanana: :carrot:

chief31
03-24-2007, 08:53 AM
Of course, there is always the possibility that the Chiefs will fail to address the DT position, as well. Even if they do, Can we, truely, expect anything signifigant? In all likelihood, OT is the position that the Chiefs will ignore.

wolfpack
03-25-2007, 06:54 PM
3rd or 4th rnd on a DT. if one of those young studless WR`S fall i bet we get him. could see a CB the first day.

kenny1937
03-27-2007, 07:11 PM
This is what I'm hoping for.

I hope the young man pans out, all the signs point to a Greenless Chiefs next season, and we can only hope that either Huard or Croyle shops up in Merm's Offense, Oh well, here I go again!! (grin)

:bananen_smilies032: :bananen_smilies032: :bananen_smilies032:

diehardkcfan
03-28-2007, 04:51 AM
foxsports ranks joe staley the 41st best player in the draft if that really helps anyone. i think thats a good move if your looking to draft for the future but if they want to win now then brodie croyle cant take over yet.

diehardkcfan
03-28-2007, 05:08 AM
if you go to the home page and click on the the picture that says swap meet the top 50 draft prospects in the 2007 draft and scroll down to #29 you can read about joe staley.

Chiefster
03-29-2007, 12:25 PM
if you go to the home page and click on the the picture that says swap meet the top 50 draft prospects in the 2007 draft and scroll down to #29 you can read about joe staley.

Thanks for the heads up. :)

kenny1937
03-31-2007, 06:14 PM
foxsports ranks joe staley the 41st best player in the draft if that really helps anyone. i think thats a good move if your looking to draft for the future but if they want to win now then brodie croyle cant take over yet.

Yep, can't fault that logic diehardkcfan.

:sign0156: :bananen_smilies055: :bananen_smilies100: :bananen_smilies100:

kenny1937
04-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up. :)

Ditto!

:sign0155: