PDA

View Full Version : From the rumor mill.

chief31
01-13-2008, 01:07 PM
There is a rumor going around, just a rumor, nothing valid, that the Arizona Cardinals are trying to "shop" Larry Fitzgerald.

I don't know what might be required in compensation for Fitz, but was intrigued bt the prospect of having Larry Fitzgerald and Dewayne Bowe on the field at the same time for the Chiefs.

Just thought I would share the rumor, eventhough I can't imagine the Chiefs going after him.

jerhart
01-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Im game.....

hermhater
01-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Who's Larry Fitzgerald?

chief31
01-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Who's Larry Fitzgerald?
http://www.nfl.com/players/larryfitzgerald/profile?id=FIT437493

hermhater
01-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Hell yeah we should get him.

Dude is averaging over 1,000 yards per season.

Canada
01-13-2008, 01:35 PM
There is a rumor going around, just a rumor, nothing valid, that the Arizona Cardinals are trying to "shop" Larry Fitzgerald.

I don't know what might be required in compensation for Fitz, but was intrigued bt the prospect of having Larry Fitzgerald and Dewayne Bowe on the field at the same time for the Chiefs.

Just thought I would share the rumor, eventhough I can't imagine the Chiefs going after him.

Kick *** sig!! :bananen_smilies046:

Who's Larry Fitzgerald?

Seriously?

chief31
01-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Who's Larry Fitzgerald?
YouTube - Larry Fitzgerald Insane Catch

hermhater
01-13-2008, 01:41 PM
YouTube - Larry Fitzgerald Insane Catch (http://youtube.com/watch?v=3a-lMkPD31A)

Again...

Hell yeah we should get ahold of him!

chief31
01-13-2008, 01:59 PM
Kick *** sig!! :bananen_smilies046:

Thank you, sir. :bananen_smilies046:

Northcountry68
01-13-2008, 04:29 PM
Yeah we could probably find a spot for him.

texaschief
01-13-2008, 04:49 PM
what would we be giving up to get him? Our #1 pick? no thanks. I'll take a WR in the later rounds in the draft or sign a FA.

The Chiefs are trying to build this team. Why would you trade away a huge piece to bring in another WR when we already have taken the pressure off Gonzo with Bowe. Not to mention Webb might become a good #2.

So, what would y'all propose trading to bring him in? You're looking at trading big defensive talent like DJ, Hali or Allen or a combo of high draft picks. Either way, a trade for a franchise WR like that would be counter productive for a team in rebuilding mode.

Trading for Fitz makes more sense for a team like that Patriots who could trade a high pick away while getting a player who could take pressure off Randy Moss. The Pats don't have any immediate needs that they would fill with a high pick.

Just my opinion.

tornadospotter
01-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Yes I think we could probally fit him in somewhere!:D

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
01-13-2008, 08:00 PM
Canada beat me to it but very nice sig chief31!! i had to break mine out to after seeing that.

for ever red
01-13-2008, 08:35 PM
DT with wings, great pic. and we cant aford Fitz.

Coach
01-13-2008, 08:40 PM
With all of the needs on the O-line and the all of the draft picks we have in 2008, I have a hard time believing they are going to spend the kind of money it would take to get Larry. Plus he isn't really the right fit for a team in rebuilding mode as was already said.

With that said, I would love to have some more talent at WR. If we could get a legitimate #2 WR, it would make #82 even better.

Coach
01-13-2008, 08:41 PM
SF might make a stab at him. With Martz coming to town and all. Of course trading in the same division could get tricky.

DrunkHillbilly
01-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Fitz is staying in Az.

IlovetheChiefs
01-13-2008, 08:45 PM
I would think he's staying. Az went 8-8 right and is finally on the brink of doing something rare for them in their 80 plus year history - make the playoffs.

DrunkHillbilly
01-13-2008, 08:49 PM
With all of the needs on the O-line and the all of the draft picks we have in 2008, I have a hard time believing they are going to spend the kind of money it would take to get Larry. Plus he isn't really the right fit for a team in rebuilding mode as was already said.

With that said, I would love to have some more talent at WR. If we could get a legitimate #2 WR, it would make #82 even better.
If Fitz came to KC, Bowe would be the #2 receiver.

IlovetheChiefs
01-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Then again, why have the Cardinals so seldom made the playoffs? Because they have horrible administrators and ownership who do things like shopping Larry Fitzgerald!

Coach
01-13-2008, 08:51 PM
If Fitz came to KC, Bowe would be the #2 receiver.
Agreed

Lazeye
01-13-2008, 10:09 PM
I like fitz alot but think as well we should stick with web for I think he will become a go to guy.

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 04:20 AM
The thing about the Cardinals is they could give up Fitzgerald who is arguably the 2nd best receiver on their team behind Boldin and still have Bryant Johnson a very good #2 and a young guy in Urban to work in their offense. I have to figure if they are shopping Fitzgerald who is an absolute stud, it is to improve the tragic O-line that they have. A deal with the Chiefs would then be unlikely.

chief31
01-17-2008, 04:50 AM
The thing about the Cardinals is they could give up Fitzgerald who is arguably the 2nd best receiver on their team behind Boldin and still have Bryant Johnson a very good #2 and a young guy in Urban to work in their offense. I have to figure if they are shopping Fitzgerald who is an absolute stud, it is to improve the tragic O-line that they have. A deal with the Chiefs would then be unlikely.

Yeah, I never had much interest in the idea of bringing Fitzgerald in. But I thought it might make for some decent conversation here. :D

If there were actually a way to get him on the cheap, that would be great, but it would take some kind of miracle for that to happen.

DrunkHillbilly
01-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Boldin would be the one to go if the Cards were going to give one up. He has been injured several times in the last couple years. Having said that, neither is going anywhere this year. The O line actually played well this season. Probably the most improved part of their game. As for Johnson, he's terrible!!! Very fast but has hands like Kwame Brown!( Lakers ) Can't catch! If they had a slot guy that could burn up field and catch, the Cards would be a pretty darn good team. 10 plus wins.

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 11:20 AM
I've seen Johnson have a few drops, but wouldn't characterize him as being plagued by drops. After reading the scouting reports and looking at the stats over the past few years I see he had a fair number of drops this last season, but he hasn't shown a trend for this problem. Definitely a concern though.

DrunkHillbilly
01-17-2008, 11:32 AM
I've seen Johnson have a few drops, but wouldn't characterize him as being plagued by drops. After reading the scouting reports and looking at the stats over the past few years I see he had a fair number of drops this last season, but he hasn't shown a trend for this problem. Definitely a concern though.
I've watched every game since he's been in Az. Trust me, he can't catch! I thought he was coming along in 06 but he went the other direction this season. He has been in the league for 5 years and barely has 200 receptions. Probably barely 2000 yds if I had to guess. I shouldn't say he's terrible but he hasn't been a bright spot for the Cards!

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 11:45 AM
He actually has

Receptions 210
Yards 2,675
Yards/Catch 34.7
TD: 9
1st Downs: 33

As for the drops...he doesn't make the list of worst offenders...

http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/league/passesdropped.html

As a 3rd option in the AZ offense that isn't bad. I haven't watched as many games as you, being that I'm usually trying to find a place to watch my 49ers, but few teams have a slot receiver like Welker who is the 2nd option. Comparing him to one of the elite slot receivers who is a 3rd option would be more fair. Let's look at Chris Henry (2006)

Henry also is a 3rd receiver behind two studs (Housh & 85) and is also known as primarily a deep threat. Henry has more TDs and yardage, but fewer receptions. Henry averages around 30-35 receptions per year while Johnson gets around 40-45.

DrunkHillbilly
01-17-2008, 11:52 AM
He actually has

Receptions 210
Yards 2,675
Yards/Catch 34.7
TD: 9
1st Downs: 33

As for the drops...he doesn't make the list of worst offenders...

http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/league/passesdropped.html

As a 3rd option in the AZ offense that isn't bad. I haven't watched as many games as you, being that I'm usually trying to find a place to watch my 49ers, but few teams have a slot receiver like Welker who is the 2nd option. Comparing him to one of the elite slot receivers who is a 3rd option would be more fair. Let's look at Chris Henry (2006)

Henry also is a 3rd receiver behind two studs (Housh & 85) and is also known as primarily a deep threat. Henry has more TDs and yardage, but fewer receptions. Henry averages around 30-35 receptions per year while Johnson gets around 40-45.
I guess those numbers would be around where I thought. If it weren't for the off the field problems, I would take Henry every day of the week over Johnson. A deep threat is exactly what the Cards need! Boldin is a monster in the middle for moving the chains! Fitz is the guy who you just throw it up and let him go get it. Tall and real good hands but tends to shiver away from the hit and not very fast therefore not gaining many YACs.

texaschief
02-02-2008, 02:16 AM
well, y'all were so excited about Fitz, is there any interest in OCHO CINCO? Apparently he wants out of Cincy and on a radio show even suggested he'd be ok with going to the Raiders. i don't even want to touch this, but i WAS curious for those of you out there who WOULD like to bring this guy in, what exactly would you be willing to give up to get him?

Keep in mind that if he were a restricted FA, he'd probably be a high tender FA requiring we give up our 1st and 3rd round picks.

chief31
02-02-2008, 02:20 AM
well, y'all were so excited about Fitz, is there any interest in OCHO CINCO? Apparently he wants out of Cincy and on a radio show even suggested he'd be ok with going to the Raiders. i don't even want to touch this, but i WAS curious for those of you out there who WOULD like to bring this guy in, what exactly would you be willing to give up to get him?

Keep in mind that if he were a restricted FA, he'd probably be a high tender FA requiring we give up our 1st and 3rd round picks.

I have minnimal in bringing either in, because of what it would cost us. Unless we were to bring in both Faneca and Starks, I don't think that we can afford to lose any of our first day draft picks. And with all of those contracts, I doubt that we could stay under the cap.

But there is no harm in dreaming a bit.

Guru
02-02-2008, 02:30 AM

I have heard some buzzing about Johnson coming to KC. I pray this DOES NOT happen.

Canada
02-02-2008, 08:37 AM
No Ocho STINKO!!!

jerhart
02-02-2008, 09:05 AM
No Ocho STINKO!!!

You know, I am going to go out on a limb and say go for it, pick him up (I duno what for) but who knows, it could be fun having a threat at WR AND RB...D's would have to play call around BOTH 27 AND 85. I know there is a risk of an ego gettin out of hand with him, but hey we already have to deal with 27....so why not say what the hell, lets deal with 85 too...who knows it could work out in the end...I mean 4-12...dude I will try anything... :toast2:

chief31
02-02-2008, 09:12 AM
I would be quite happy to have him here, just terribly dissapointed to see us pay the price for him.

I think that Herm would be able to keep Johnsons "antics" down. It is pretty well known that Herm does not permit "showboating".

Chad has as much talent as any reciever in the league. He has great hands, and can beat any CB in the NFL.

But, if he were to cost the Chiefs the chances at rebuilding our offensive line, then we would be unable to get him the ball, with our QB laying on the ground.

Canada
02-02-2008, 11:33 AM
No Ocho STINKO,,,he will try and ruin DBowe. Bad attitude and too much money. Let some other team suffer through his bullsh!t.

m0ef0e
02-02-2008, 11:40 AM
No Ocho STINKO,,,he will try and ruin DBowe. Bad attitude and too much money. Let some other team suffer through his bullsh!t.

Yeah, #85 is a showboater and smack-talker but he does it in a fun way that usually doesn't go too far overboard. A lot of the players in the league actually like him because he likes to joke and have fun.

Sure, some things he does is in somewhat poor taste but I don't see him deliberately doing things just to be a bad sport and piss people off. He also normally doesn't whine and throw his teammates under the bus when the team's not doing well (like a lot of guys around the league do). T.O. is WAAAY worse than Chad Johnson IMO..

hermhater
02-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah, #85 is a showboater and smack-talker but he does it in a fun way that usually doesn't go too far overboard. A lot of the players in the league actually like him because he likes to joke and have fun.

Sure, some things he does is in somewhat poor taste but I don't see him deliberately doing things just to be a bad sport and piss people off. He also normally doesn't whine and throw his teammates under the bus when the team's not doing well (like a lot of guys around the league do). T.O. is WAAAY worse than Chad Johnson IMO..

I would LOVE to have him in KC but I agree with chief31 that it would cost us too much, and I don't think the management is looking for a wide receiver at this time.

If we don't get the O line fixed he will be wasted money!

:11:

m0ef0e
02-02-2008, 05:51 PM
I would LOVE to have him in KC but I agree with chief31 that it would cost us too much, and I don't think the management is looking for a wide receiver at this time.

If we don't get the O line fixed he will be wasted money!

:11:

Agreed on both accounts. I'm not saying we should get him. In fact, I say we shouldn't try for him for the reasons you and Chief31 have illustrated.

I was just making the point that as bad as some people think he is, ocho-cinco is nowhere close to guys like TO. He keeps most of his jokes light and fun. Also his trash-talking is more in the spirit of fun and competition and works to motivate the corners he will be facing.

Whiners like Owens throw everybody but themselves under the bus and want special treatment. Guys like that are a far more serious cancer to a team than a guy like Johnson, IMO.

Canada
02-02-2008, 06:02 PM

Did you see all the stuff goin on between him and Palmer last year. He is just another bad attitude receiver that gets pissy when things are not going his way. I don't mind a little celebration, but he isn't good for a team when they are losing.

m0ef0e
02-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Did you see all the stuff goin on between him and Palmer last year. He is just another bad attitude receiver that gets pissy when things are not going his way. I don't mind a little celebration, but he isn't good for a team when they are losing.

Yeah, I noticed him and Palmer getting into it a little bit sometimes on the sidelines... But at least he didn't rip the QB AND his girlfriend publicly in a press conference like TO did after Romo had a bad game.

I also saw LT and Rivers getting into it on the sidelines just as much or more so than Johnson and Palmer... and those whiny pansies went to the AFC title game! :lol:

Canada
02-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Yeah, I noticed him and Palmer getting into it a little bit sometimes on the sidelines... But at least he didn't rip the QB AND his girlfriend publicly in a press conference like TO did after Romo had a bad game.

I also saw LT and Rivers getting into it on the sidelines just as much or more so than Johnson and Palmer... and those whiny pansies went to the AFC title game! :lol:

He is just another high maintenance with far more of a downside than an upside to me. If we are gonna go spend a lot of money on a WR (which I don't think we should do) then I would rather see Fitzgerald. Ideally a late round WR if the right guy is there at the right time.

Chiefster
02-02-2008, 08:00 PM

It would be nice, but really don't see it happening.

chief31
02-03-2008, 04:20 AM

So a little dispute between a WR and a QB makes the WR an instant ***? Without knowing what was said, that is rather presumptuous.

I like Chad. He has made things alot of fun. And aside from this one single incident, which may or may not be on him, he hasn't been a negative person to my knowledge.

Canada
02-03-2008, 04:24 AM
So a little dispute between a WR and a QB makes the WR an instant ***? Without knowing what was said, that is rather presumptuous.

I like Chad. He has made things alot of fun. And aside from this one single incident, which may or may not be on him, he hasn't been a negative person to my knowledge.

I never said it was one incident. It was half a season. I am not putting the blame all on him, but he did not show ANY maturity whatsoever in dealing with his teammates. I don't think there is any room for an ego like his on our team. IMO If we are going to bring a high priced free agent WR then it whould be a leader who can help a lot of the younger guys on our team get better. The only one Ocho Stinko is lookin out for is himself.

chief31
02-03-2008, 04:29 AM
I never said it was one incident. It was half a season. I am not putting the blame all on him, but he did not show ANY maturity whatsoever in dealing with his teammates. I don't think there is any room for an ego like his on our team. IMO If we are going to bring a high priced free agent WR then it whould be a leader who can help a lot of the younger guys on our team get better. The only one Ocho Stinko is lookin out for is himself.

Well, he did voluntarily stop his celebrations, until his team started winning again. I just don't see anything that he has done as negative to the team.

But, we do agree that we don't need to bring him in. Although we probably disagree on rather we would want him over Fitzgerald.

Canada
02-03-2008, 04:31 AM
Well, he did voluntarily stop his celebrations, until his team started winning again. I just don't see anything that he has done as negative to the team.

But, we do agree that we don't need to bring him in. Although we probably disagree on rather we would want him over Fitzgerald.

He said that, but he was dancing at the end of the season and the bungals werent winning. We need to find another DBowe!! Anyways...nite Crowd...again! :bananen_smilies046:

chief31
02-03-2008, 05:05 AM
He said that, but he was dancing at the end of the season and the bungals werent winning. We need to find another DBowe!! Anyways...nite Crowd...again! :bananen_smilies046:
An endzone danxe is rather common, don't you think? He didn't do his usual "over-the-top" kind of celebration.

Canada
02-03-2008, 11:16 AM
An endzone danxe is rather common, don't you think? He didn't do his usual "over-the-top" kind of celebration.

I'm just sayin it is still doing what he said he wouldnt do is all!!

chief31
02-03-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm just sayin it is still doing what he said he wouldnt do is all!!

I took it as he wasn't going to make a big production of it, as he usually did.

DrunkHillbilly
02-03-2008, 11:56 PM
We need some kind of ego on this team!!! Someone with some fire or something!!! Everyone just seems too laid back like it's no big deal that we only won 4 games!! Atleast Gonzo started to talk some smack toward the end of the season!! I think more guys need to chat it up to get some fire into the players, team and organization!!

hermhater
02-04-2008, 12:03 AM
We need some kind of ego on this team!!! Someone with some fire or something!!! Everyone just seems too laid back like it's no big deal that we only won 4 games!! Atleast Gonzo started to talk some smack toward the end of the season!! I think more guys need to chat it up to get some fire into the players, team and organization!!

Agreed and Rep!

I was saying TG was the only one left on the team with enough credibility to let Herm know how it is!

He should have done it 2 games into the losing streak instead of waiting until it was too late.

tammietailgator
02-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Hmmm..... has anyone thought of making priest a coach? I think he could do it - maybe I'm crazy.

DrunkHillbilly
02-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Hmmm..... has anyone thought of making priest a coach? I think he could do it - maybe I'm crazy.
I said someone with some fire!!!! I love Priest but he has no fire! Too even keelled. He would not make a good coach IMO.

chief31
02-04-2008, 10:04 AM

I said someone with some fire!!!! I love Priest but he has no fire! Too even keelled. He would not make a good coach IMO.

I would have to agree with hillbilly here. I love Priest, don't get me wrong. But he just seems to be too weird. Nothing wrong with that, but he doesn't seem like he would be good at talking to a group of people. He isn't the most outgoing person.

YZILLA
02-04-2008, 10:18 AM
I know LJ has his money now so what does it matter to him , but He has a responability to his team to be more vocal and be a leader , He needs to get pissed and take charge !

DrunkHillbilly
02-04-2008, 10:34 AM
I know LJ has his money now so what does it matter to him , but He has a responability to his team to be more vocal and be a leader , He needs to get pissed and take charge !
I wish it were different but I think as far as vocal leadership goes, he is cut from the same cloth that Priest was! Attitude wise, two different guys but neither IMO, is a vocal leader. Both are just kinda introverts. Go about their business and stay low and kinda under the radar.

chief31
02-04-2008, 11:43 AM
It can be tough to be a vocal leader when you are struggling to accomplish anything yourself.

Chiefster
02-04-2008, 12:37 PM
I have heard some buzzing about Johnson coming to KC. I pray this DOES NOT happen.

You and me both.

DrunkHillbilly
02-04-2008, 12:55 PM
It can be tough to be a vocal leader when you are struggling to accomplish anything yourself.
I think he was quite accomplished two seasons ago. Just don't think he will ever be a vocal type leader.

Chiefster
02-04-2008, 01:04 PM
I think he was quite accomplished two seasons ago. Just don't think he will ever be a vocal type leader.

Leadership is best performed by example, and when words are required they should be direct and to the point.

DrunkHillbilly
02-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Leadership is best performed by example, and when words are required they should be direct and to the point.
Agreed. However, some lead by being more vocal, while some lead by example on the field. I.E. Marvin Harrison is one example however there are many, many others.

Chiefster
02-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Agreed. However, some lead by being more vocal, while some lead by example on the field. I.E. Marvin Harrison is one example however there are many, many others.

I agree, hence my position that comments should be direct and to the point; particularly when being directed to the media.

DrunkHillbilly
02-04-2008, 02:53 PM
I agree, hence my position that comments should be direct and to the point; particularly when being directed to the media.
Yea, I think sometimes teams would be best suited to pay the fines and only let a few individuals speak to the media!!:lol: