PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore player evaluation.

texaschief
01-16-2008, 04:47 AM
How bout a little group fun?

If this team is REALLY gonna take a couple years and "major reconstructive surgery" over that span to become a contender again, who should be on and stay on this team? Who will be too old when we are good? Who could we trade now to bring more draft picks?

Here's some fun to get started that will surely get some feathers ruffled.

Trade Tony Gonzales: He's been the ultimate Chief and it's a shame Peterson couldn't get him a ring. The best way he can do that now is to trade him to a contender for a #1 pick or a young, good player.

Trade Jared Allen: Negotiate a sign and trade with Allen. Tell him to list 10 teams he would accept a trade to and get the best possible bounty you can for arguably the best pass rusher in league. Perhaps a first rounder and more.

Trade Larry Johnson: Get ANYTHING you can for him. Huge contract with big questions after an injury laden 2007. This one may be best to move next season.

I think those 3 players, the best the Chiefs have to offer in the prime of their careers would bring huge bounty to help with the rebuilding. Bringing in a bunch of first rounders and more young players may require just one more "rebuilding year.

So, who else should stay and who else should go?

cparks08
01-16-2008, 09:10 AM
That would be a huge risk and could possibly ruin the team for a few years, but it could very well work in the long run. I would def not want them to get rid of Larry Johnson because he as 8-10 years left in him if he chooses.

Canada
01-16-2008, 10:14 AM
That would be a huge risk and could possibly ruin the team for a few years, but it could very well work in the long run. I would def not want them to get rid of Larry Johnson because he as 8-10 years left in him if he chooses.

Larry would be the first on that list to go. No way does he have 8-10 good years in him. And I think it would be absolutely ridiculous to let Tony G play for any team but the Chiefs. And Jared Allen is out best defensive player. You are just making more holes in the team to fix. We want a great Defense...keep the great defensive players. You want to score points...keep the playmakers. Use the draft picks we have now wisely and don't drop all the talent you have on the team.

Lazeye
01-16-2008, 11:53 AM
No way do I agree with any of that. As much as they could bring lets not be the royals of football please. Just because they are 1st rounders means nothing. We need to find our core guys and build around them. I think you just named a few core guys. LJ had a good line for one year and after that it went to crap in a hurry. Give it back to him and he will be back. Even herm does not say things that sound that dumb...ok well maybe he does.

Chiefster
01-16-2008, 12:30 PM
No

No

Yes

In that order.

Tony deserves to retire a Chief and still has gas left in the tank.

Jared Allen??? Tell me your joking.

Larry Johnson - meh.

...Not a player but Herm Should go and we should offer his job to Al Saunders.

Lazeye
01-16-2008, 12:57 PM
Al Saunders for coach! Job starts yesterday!

Chiefster
01-16-2008, 12:59 PM
Al Saunders for coach! Job starts yesterday!

...Wished it would have started two years ago.

hermhater
01-16-2008, 02:32 PM
No

No

Yes

In that order.

Tony deserves to retire a Chief and still has gas left in the tank.

Jared Allen??? Tell me your joking.

Larry Johnson - meh.

...Not a player but Herm Should go and we should offer his job to Al Saunders.

While I wouldn't blame ANY of them for wanting to be traded at this point, I agree with ya Chiefster!

I think T.G. still has 5 years left in the tank!

He has changed his diet and is the perennial all star!

texaschief
01-16-2008, 05:15 PM
While I wouldn't blame ANY of them for wanting to be traded at this point, I agree with ya Chiefster!

I think T.G. still has 5 years left in the tank!

He has changed his diet and is the perennial all star!

I couldn't agree more. I DO think Tony has gas left in the tank. That's part of the reason why it would be advantageous for the Chiefs to trade him. Give him a chance to win a ring now. By the time the Chiefs are ready to compete for a title, he'll be in the twilight of his career. I'm thinking only on behalf of the Chiefs organization. I honestly don't care if he finishes his career with another team. He would go into the hall as a Chief. Even if we have to sign him to a one day contract. He is worth more as a trade chip than a player at this point.

I'd say trade Gonzo and try out Wilson or Michael Allan. Allan really impressed me during the preseason. Wilson was drafted as TG's successor in the first place.

I'm more on the fence about Jared Allen. He OBVIOUSLY doesn't want to be here and he's made it known that the only reason he isn't causing more waves is because of Herm. He really likes the coaching staff and doesn't want to cause a rift. He IS one of the best, if not THE best pass rusher in the game. So, that works both ways for the Chiefs.

If you keep him, great. You've got a perennial Pro Bowler for the next, what, 7 or 8 years? Or, you could trade him for multiple players and or draft picks to help fill more holes on the team than you're creating by trading him. Trading players like these doesn't "create more holes." That's just plain wrong. By bringing in high draft picks (plural) and or good young players (plural), you would be filling more than ONE hole. Thus, doing more good than harm.

Here's what you could do if you traded Allen. Bring in another 1st rounder from whoever. Miami wouldn't be a bad place to start since they will probably be looking defense at that #1 pick anyway. It doesn't really matter who you trade Allen to. But take your first pick and draft "the other Long," DE out of Virginia (Howie Long's son) then take your next pick and draft the O-lineman we so desperately need. Jake Long won't be there at #5 and no other OT is worth taking that high up. If our 2nd pick is still #5, trade down and pick up more picks. Preferably in the 2nd and 3rd rds to improve the O-line.

As far as LJ goes, personally, i think Kolby is the future at Tailback for the Chiefs. While i don't think he's nearly as good as LJ was, we don't exactly know what the problem with LJ is. So, i would test the interest in him. It won't be high though. Big contract, big injury doesn't equal big booty.

But if we were able to trade TG for a late 1st round pick and perhaps a 3rd, then trade JA for a 1st, 2nd and 4th, then add those picks to the #5 pick in each round plus the 3 extra picks we've accumulated, we could be looking at a BUNCH of high draft picks. 3 first rounders 2 second rounders 2 third rounders along with 6 or 7 more picks in the later rounds will go a LONG way in filling the one or two holes you created. I'm sure with THAT many picks, you can find SOME way to compensate for TG and JA's loss.

After drafting 14 guys this season and then around 7 more next season, 2009 could be looking VERY GOOD. Football prospects don't take 6, 7, or 8 years to reach the big leagues. You can't compare the Chiefs to the Royals. Rookies react completely different to each sport.

Given their track record, this coaching staff won't miss on too many draft picks. Presently, they have 10 of 14 picks making major contributions to this team. That's a 71% hit rate. If we could have that same success rate in 2009 as we have right now, we'd be looking at close to 22 new starters over a 4 year span with at least 3 more behind those starters pushing for playing time....i'd say that's a pretty successful rebuilding job.

Not to mention, if we were able to unload TG, JA, and LJ, while also unloading Priest Holmes, that would clear up A LOT of cap room and would allow the upper management the flexibility to go out and get a few of the younger elite players on the market that could help with the rebuild.

hermhater
01-16-2008, 05:37 PM
I don't trust the management, and coaches to make the right decisions, texaschief.

Herm is doing it all wrong as it is now.

Build around the teams strengths rather than hoping you get something for getting rid of them makes no sense to me.

prough91
01-16-2008, 07:03 PM
I couldn't agree more. I DO think Tony has gas left in the tank. That's part of the reason why it would be advantageous for the Chiefs to trade him. Give him a chance to win a ring now. By the time the Chiefs are ready to compete for a title, he'll be in the twilight of his career. I'm thinking only on behalf of the Chiefs organization. I honestly don't care if he finishes his career with another team. He would go into the hall as a Chief. Even if we have to sign him to a one day contract. He is worth more as a trade chip than a player at this point.

I'd say trade Gonzo and try out Wilson or Michael Allan. Allan really impressed me during the preseason. Wilson was drafted as TG's successor in the first place.

I'm more on the fence about Jared Allen. He OBVIOUSLY doesn't want to be here and he's made it known that the only reason he isn't causing more waves is because of Herm. He really likes the coaching staff and doesn't want to cause a rift. He IS one of the best, if not THE best pass rusher in the game. So, that works both ways for the Chiefs.

If you keep him, great. You've got a perennial Pro Bowler for the next, what, 7 or 8 years? Or, you could trade him for multiple players and or draft picks to help fill more holes on the team than you're creating by trading him. Trading players like these doesn't "create more holes." That's just plain wrong. By bringing in high draft picks (plural) and or good young players (plural), you would be filling more than ONE hole. Thus, doing more good than harm.

Here's what you could do if you traded Allen. Bring in another 1st rounder from whoever. Miami wouldn't be a bad place to start since they will probably be looking defense at that #1 pick anyway. It doesn't really matter who you trade Allen to. But take your first pick and draft "the other Long," DE out of Virginia (Howie Long's son) then take your next pick and draft the O-lineman we so desperately need. Jake Long won't be there at #5 and no other OT is worth taking that high up. If our 2nd pick is still #5, trade down and pick up more picks. Preferably in the 2nd and 3rd rds to improve the O-line.

As far as LJ goes, personally, i think Kolby is the future at Tailback for the Chiefs. While i don't think he's nearly as good as LJ was, we don't exactly know what the problem with LJ is. So, i would test the interest in him. It won't be high though. Big contract, big injury doesn't equal big booty.

But if we were able to trade TG for a late 1st round pick and perhaps a 3rd, then trade JA for a 1st, 2nd and 4th, then add those picks to the #5 pick in each round plus the 3 extra picks we've accumulated, we could be looking at a BUNCH of high draft picks. 3 first rounders 2 second rounders 2 third rounders along with 6 or 7 more picks in the later rounds will go a LONG way in filling the one or two holes you created. I'm sure with THAT many picks, you can find SOME way to compensate for TG and JA's loss.

After drafting 14 guys this season and then around 7 more next season, 2009 could be looking VERY GOOD. Football prospects don't take 6, 7, or 8 years to reach the big leagues. You can't compare the Chiefs to the Royals. Rookies react completely different to each sport.

Given their track record, this coaching staff won't miss on too many draft picks. Presently, they have 10 of 14 picks making major contributions to this team. That's a 71% hit rate. If we could have that same success rate in 2009 as we have right now, we'd be looking at close to 22 new starters over a 4 year span with at least 3 more behind those starters pushing for playing time....i'd say that's a pretty successful rebuilding job.

Not to mention, if we were able to unload TG, JA, and LJ, while also unloading Priest Holmes, that would clear up A LOT of cap room and would allow the upper management the flexibility to go out and get a few of the younger elite players on the market that could help with the rebuild.

Worth more as a trade chip? Are you serious? Who would you take for him? Let's get rid of the one guy on offense we KNOW can get the job done. That makes sense.

Canada
01-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Trading players like these doesn't "create more holes." That's just plain wrong. By bringing in high draft picks (plural) and or good young players (plural), you would be filling more than ONE hole. Thus, doing more good than harm.

Did you not just post a couple of days ago all the busted draft picks the Chiefs have had over the last few years, but you seem to think that if you trade these guys then we are going to get equal replacements for them and players to fill other holes. Do you truly believe that all our needs will get adressed? First off you have to HOPE that you can draft a great TE, DE and RB. Then you are talking about our entire Oline and Secondary getting fixed and none of these players being a bust. I would rather gamble with the 10 picks we have now and keep the three most talented guys on the team right now.

rbedgood
01-16-2008, 09:46 PM
I can only see trading Tony or Jared if they specifically insist on being traded. However they are the cornerstones from which your management should be building the team. LJ may or may not be tradeable. First his injury status would have to be examined by the other team in question. If he does have a soft tissue injury in the foot or has broken a bone that isn't healing well, he will continue to have injury issues....this would make him nearly untradeable considering the size and length of his contract.

As for the person who suggested LJ has 8-10 years left, that is highly unlikely. He is not young...he is in his late twenties, and most runningback decline rapidly after the age of 30. He has 2-3 good years left (if healthy) and 4-6 total years left in the NFL.

texaschief
01-16-2008, 09:50 PM
I can only see trading Tony or Jared if they specifically insist on being traded. However they are the cornerstones from which your management should be building the team. LJ may or may not be tradeable. First his injury status would have to be examined by the other team in question. If he does have a soft tissue injury in the foot or has broken a bone that isn't healing well, he will continue to have injury issues....this would make him nearly untradeable considering the size and length of his contract.

As for the person who suggested LJ has 8-10 years left, that is highly unlikely. He is not young...he is in his late twenties, and most runningback decline rapidly after the age of 30. He has 2-3 good years left (if healthy) and 4-6 total years left in the NFL.

Why would you want to build your franchise around a declining TE?

rbedgood
01-16-2008, 09:53 PM

Aging...I can see...

Declining...I haven't seen it yet?!

Also as a 49er fan, I'll tell you, shipping out the stars and saying you're going to replace them with younger talent doesn't always work out.

hermhater
01-16-2008, 09:55 PM

He is not a declining TE.

He had another Pro Bowl season despite the rest of the offensive problems.

Canada

??? Declining ??? Seriously?? didn't he have 100 catches this year?

texaschief
Aging...I can see...

Declining...I haven't seen it yet?!

Also as a 49er fan, I'll tell you, shipping out the stars and saying you're going to replace them with younger talent doesn't always work out.

I've never said we'd replace them with hall-of-fame players. I DID say that trading them would help fill more holes than trading them would create.

Canada
01-16-2008, 09:56 PM
I've never said we'd replace them with hall-of-fame players. I DID say that trading them would help fill more holes than trading them would create.

Assuming that none of these drafted players turn out to be another Sims, Medlock or other busted draft pick

prough91
01-16-2008, 10:15 PM

Are you even seriously a Chief's fan or do you just like coming on here getting everyone riled up? T.G. has not shown any sign of slowing down. When you're developing a QB, why would you want to get rid of the one guy that can catch anything thrown his way? Finally, a true fan would never, ever want to see T.G. in anything but a Chiefs jersey.

texaschief
01-16-2008, 10:23 PM
??? Declining ??? Seriously?? didn't he have 100 catches this year?

YR REC YDS TD AVG
97 33 368 2 11.2
98 59 621 2 10.5
99 76 849 11 11.2
00 93 1203 9 12.9
01 73 917 6 12.6
02 63 773 7 12.3
03 71 916 10 12.9
04 102 1258 7 12.3
05 78 905 2 11.6
06 73 900 5 12.3
07 99 1172 5 11.8

Really? Am i the only one who sees a down turn in our 31 yr. old TE? 10, 7, 2, 5 and 5 are his TD numbers after 11, 9, 6 and 10 the previous 4 years. Looking at his numbers this year, it kinda puts a dent in the whole "we never called play actions" argument. Herm threw to him second most than any other year during Tony's career. But recieving THAT many passes and he only avg 11.8 when he had been averaging 12.4 over the previous 7 seasons might indicate a slope.

Still, no downturn? hmm. Just because he was thrown the ball more this season doesn't mean he's still operating in his prime. What is he doing with the ball after he gets it?

texaschief
01-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Assuming that none of these drafted players turn out to be another Sims, Medlock or other busted draft pick

ever the pessimist eh Canada? If you go back and read my post, i factored in those "busts."

prough91
01-16-2008, 10:30 PM
YR REC YDS TD AVG
97 33 368 2 11.2
98 59 621 2 10.5
99 76 849 11 11.2
00 93 1203 9 12.9
01 73 917 6 12.6
02 63 773 7 12.3
03 71 916 10 12.9
04 102 1258 7 12.3
05 78 905 2 11.6
06 73 900 5 12.3
07 99 1172 5 11.8

Really? Am i the only one who sees a down turn in our 31 yr. old TE? 10, 7, 2, 5 and 5 are his TD numbers after 11, 9, 6 and 10 the previous 4 years. Looking at his numbers this year, it kinda puts a dent in the whole "we never called play actions" argument. Herm threw to him second most than any other year during Tony's career. But recieving THAT many passes and he only avg 11.8 when he had been averaging 12.4 over the previous 7 seasons.

Still, no downturn? hmm. Just because he was thrown the ball more this season doesn't mean he's still operating in his prime. What is he doing with the ball after he gets it?

He generally had 3 seconds to get open. How far down the field can a guy get in three seconds? After going to ESPN so I could make sense of those stats, I can't really see a downturn. That's barely over a half a yard. If he continues declining at that rate, he'll be ready to retire in 18 years.

hermhater
01-16-2008, 10:33 PM
YR REC YDS TD AVG
97 33 368 2 11.2
98 59 621 2 10.5
99 76 849 11 11.2
00 93 1203 9 12.9
01 73 917 6 12.6
02 63 773 7 12.3
03 71 916 10 12.9
04 102 1258 7 12.3
05 78 905 2 11.6
06 73 900 5 12.3
07 99 1172 5 11.8

Really? Am i the only one who sees a down turn in our 31 yr. old TE? 10, 7, 2, 5 and 5 are his TD numbers after 11, 9, 6 and 10 the previous 4 years. Looking at his numbers this year, it kinda puts a dent in the whole "we never called play actions" argument. Herm threw to him second most than any other year during Tony's career. But recieving THAT many passes and he only avg 11.8 when he had been averaging 12.4 over the previous 7 seasons might indicate a slope.

He is dragging 3 or 4 guys with him for another 5 or 6 yards.

This is while he is being double, and sometimes triple teamed.

When you're team rarely reaches the red zone it is much harder for a TE to catch a TD pass.

Nice research though.

texaschief
01-16-2008, 10:40 PM
He generally had 3 seconds to get open. How far down the field can a guy get in three seconds? After going to ESPN so I could make sense of those stats, I can't really see a downturn. That's barely over a half a yard. If he continues declining at that rate, he'll be ready to retire in 18 years.

Tony Gonzalez revolutionized the position. Soon, the NFL is going to be flooded with Gates, Winslow Jr., Alex Smith, Jeremy Shockey, Vernon Davis, Shannon Sharpe, Jason Witten, Tony Gonzalez type players. Tony is no aberration. Hell, you're about to see two BIG TIGHT ENDS coming out of Oklahoma and Texas either this draft or the next.

hermhater
01-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Tony Gonzalez revolutionized the position. Soon, the NFL is going to be flooded with Gates, Winslow Jr., Alex Smith, Jeremy Shockey, Vernon Davis, Shannon Sharpe, Jason Witten, Tony Gonzalez type players. Tony is no aberration. Hell, you're about to see two BIG TIGHT ENDS coming out of Oklahoma and Texas either this draft or the next.

Tony is a one of a kind.

You sound like Herm is going to be drafting skill O players left and right.

Canada
01-16-2008, 10:53 PM
ever the pessimist eh Canada? If you go back and read my post, i factored in those "busts."

do you know what pessimism is?? You say I am a pessimist, but I am the guy who said 12 wins this year, I am the guy who pulled for playoffs until there was no possibility, I am the guy who hope Chan Gailey is successful. That is called Optimistic. Disagreeing with you does not make me a pessimist...it makes me right!! :bananen_smilies046:

prough91
01-16-2008, 10:53 PM

You listed 7 TE's that are still playing. That means 21% of the teams in the NFL have players you put on par with T.G. Gonzalez revolutionized the TE position a long time ago, I wouldn't consider that an influx. Also, out of the players you named, the only one with stats even comparable to T.G. are Sharpe and Gates.

Canada
01-16-2008, 11:10 PM
YR REC YDS TD AVG
97 33 368 2 11.2
98 59 621 2 10.5
99 76 849 11 11.2
00 93 1203 9 12.9
01 73 917 6 12.6
02 63 773 7 12.3
03 71 916 10 12.9
04 102 1258 7 12.3
05 78 905 2 11.6
06 73 900 5 12.3
07 99 1172 5 11.8

Put those TD numbers into the right perspective. How many TD did the Chiefs score? If averaging 0.6 yards per catch less over the last 7 seasons is a slope then you are right. However to me it look as though he is good for 70-80 catches a season, 900-1000yards and a first down every time he catches it. Dosen't sound like he is declining at all. It's the offensive scheme that is declining.

texaschief
01-16-2008, 11:13 PM
do you know what pessimism is?? You say I am a pessimist, but I am the guy who said 12 wins this year, I am the guy who pulled for playoffs until there was no possibility, I am the guy who hope Chan Gailey is successful. That is called Optimistic. Disagreeing with you does not make me a pessimist...it makes me right!! :bananen_smilies046:

Dude, you're in denial if you think you're not a pessimist. You bash the team left and right, paint your head red and call yourself a fan. All you know how to do is run down the organization.

Please show me where i've been pessimistic. Show me where i siad i hope or think Chan falls on his face.

Sometimes I think I'm the only optomist on this site. All you see is doom and gloom with this team. Other than Jared Allen and Tony Gonzalez, you can't say one positive thing about this team.

You listed 7 TE's that are still playing. That means 21% of the teams in the NFL have players you put on par with T.G. Gonzalez revolutionized the TE position a long time ago, I wouldn't consider that an influx. Also, out of the players you named, the only one with stats even comparable to T.G. are Sharpe and Gates.

Winslow has had ONE full season, Smith has had 3 full seasons, Davis has had ONE full season and Shockey is a dominant TE when he's healthy. Of course they're not going to have the same numbers as TG.

And yes, as you look around the NFL, the talent at TE has sky rocketed. Dont act.

texaschief
01-16-2008, 11:15 PM
Put those TD numbers into the right perspective. How many TD did the Chiefs score? If averaging 0.6 yards per catch less over the last 7 seasons is a slope then you are right. However to me it look as though he is good for 70-80 catches a season, 900-1000yards and a first down every time he catches it. Dosen't sound like he is declining at all. It's the offensive scheme that is declining.

and again....i never said the guy was done. While he's still putting up numbers like these, he should bring back a hefty bounty in a trade. Tony has plenty left in the tank, i just think it would best help the team if we got more players in his stead.

Canada
01-16-2008, 11:17 PM
Dude, you're in denial if you think you're not a pessimist. You bash the team left and right, paint your head red and call yourself a fan. All you know how to do is run down the organization.

Please show me where i've been pessimistic. Show me where i siad i hope or think Chan falls on his face.

Sometimes I think I'm the only optomist on this site. All you see is doom and gloom with this team. Other than Jared Allen and Tony Gonzalez, you can't say one positive thing about this team.

Winslow has had ONE full season, Smith has had 3 full seasons, Davis has had ONE full season and Shockey is a dominant TE when he's healthy. Of course they're not going to have the same numbers as TG.

And yes, as you look around the NFL, the talent at TE has sky rocketed. Dont act.

Where do I do this?? I wold like to see it. Just because you say it dosen't make it true. Back up at least one thing you say.

I never said that you were. I just think you blurt out sh!t without paying any attention to what you are saying.

prough91
01-16-2008, 11:18 PM

They're not as good as T.G.'s first years, that's what I was looking at. Shockey's over the last 4 years have been mediocre compared to T.G.'s. And what am I supposed to not act?

hermhater
01-16-2008, 11:20 PM

Winslow and Shockey hurt.

How often does TG get hurt?

Chiefster
01-16-2008, 11:20 PM

Sometimes I think I'm the only optomist on this site. All you see is doom and gloom with this team. Other than Jared Allen and Tony Gonzalez, you can't say one positive thing about this team...

Canada is one of the more positive Chiefs fans I know.

Is there anything positive to say about a team that is 4-12?

prough91
01-16-2008, 11:23 PM

ummmm...we didn't lose 13?

Canada
01-16-2008, 11:24 PM

:lol:

rbedgood
01-16-2008, 11:26 PM
I would suggest that none of the TE's listed are nearly the player that Tony Gonzalez is. The only thing being discussed in the comparison is their receiving numbers...ummm anyone else notice that the only other competent blocker in that list was Jason Witten. And Witten has been in the league for a few years, but only has one really impressive year (this one).

For right now Tony Gonzalez is in a class of his own at the TE position. Gates is the only other receiving TE that has approached his excellence for more than a season or two, and Gates is a less than mediocre blocker.

Tony Gonzalez began a trend of NFL teams watching the NCAA ranks for solidly built basketball players that could translate to the football field. Before Gonzalez, the premier TEs in the game were guys like Brent Jones and Jay Novacek who were essentially oversized receivers, much like Shockey or Winslow Jr. The only two on that list that really could compare to Gonzalez down the road are Winslow Jr and Vernon Davis, and only if they put their minds to becoming complete players (receiving and blocking)

Chiefster
01-16-2008, 11:26 PM

HA! Why you're right; how stupid of me. :yahoo:

rbedgood
01-16-2008, 11:27 PM

You finished in front of the Raiders in the standings?!

texaschief
01-16-2008, 11:29 PM

Exactly...this is the over all sentiment of this entire board. that record is the ONLY thing you people see. It's ridiculous. Until the Chiefs fell out of playoff contention, the Defense was in the top 10 in the league. The Super Star RB got injured. That alone took away at least half the offense. The line didn't perform. ok. With the defense this team has, once the line is rebuilt and we get a couple corners, this team is right back in contention....but the only thing being said is how awful this team is.

There hasn't been one thread posted about how the young players performed after the season ended. I try to talk about the future but so many of y'all are holding onto the past instead of discussing the future.

The only thing being said here is how bad the head coach is. I've posted several threads here trying to talk about other stuff and all i get back are how bad of a coach Herm is. It's ridiculous.

Chiefster
01-16-2008, 11:29 PM
I would suggest that none of the TE's listed are nearly the player that Tony Gonzalez is. The only thing being discussed in the comparison is their receiving numbers...ummm anyone else notice that the only other competent blocker in that list was Jason Witten. And Witten has been in the league for a few years, but only has one really impressive year (this one).

For right now Tony Gonzalez is in a class of his own at the TE position. Gates is the only other receiving TE that has approached his excellence for more than a season or two, and Gates is a less than mediocre blocker.

Tony Gonzalez began a trend of NFL teams watching the NCAA ranks for solidly built basketball players that could translate to the football field. Before Gonzalez, the premier TEs in the game were guys like Brent Jones and Jay Novacek who were essentially oversized receivers, much like Shockey or Winslow Jr. The only two on that list that really could compare to Gonzalez down the road are Winslow Jr and Vernon Davis, and only if they put their minds to becoming complete players (receiving and blocking)

OUTSTANDING REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

As usual thoughtful and insightful!

Rep!

texaschief
01-16-2008, 11:33 PM

again, remind me to bring this thread back in 8 years. honestly, y'all don't see the same skill level in any of those TE's as you see in Gonzo?

take off the rose colored lenses ppl.

Canada
01-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Exactly...this is the over all sentiment of this entire board. that record is the ONLY thing you people see. It's ridiculous. Until the Chiefs fell out of playoff contention, the Defense was in the top 10 in the league. The Super Star RB got injured. That alone took away at least half the offense. The line didn't perform. ok. With the defense this team has, once the line is rebuilt and we get a couple corners, this team is right back in contention....but the only thing being said is how awful this team is.

There hasn't been one thread posted about how the young players performed after the season ended. I try to talk about the future but so many of y'all are holding onto the past instead of discussing the future.

The only thing being said here is how bad the head coach is. I've posted several threads here trying to talk about other stuff and all i get back are how bad of a coach Herm is. It's ridiculous.

dude that is the first time it has been posted in a loooooong time. Fact is we were 4-12. Recognizing problems does not make one pessimistic. Just cause some disagree with your assessment of getting rid of LJ, Tony and Jared, does not make us pessimistic. I would love to think Herm is the greatest coach ever. Fact is, he isn't. Yes, the defense has been rebuilt. Is it perfect? NO. Is the offensive line is shamble?? YES Does that make me pessimistic? NO. Ask me at the start of next season who I think will win the SuperBowl and I will tell everyone like I have the last 19 years that it is gonna be the CHIEFS.

prough91
01-16-2008, 11:35 PM
HA! Why you're right; how stupid of me. :yahoo:

Or, we never had a QB knocked unconscious for 10 minutes this year. Bowe. Herm was never photographed while drooling. Jared Allen. Not once did they not arrive at the stadium to play. Tony Gonzalez. They never tried a cheerleader out at left tackle. Count your blessings fellas.

Canada
01-16-2008, 11:35 PM
again, remind me to bring this thread back in 8 years. honestly, y'all don't see the same skill level in any of those TE's as you see in Gonzo?

NO. I am sick and tired of people comparing young players to the all time greats. (That is what Tony is) Denver has the next Elway in Cutler. AP is the next jim Brown. As far as a TE that compares to Tony...he dosen't exist.

Chiefster
01-16-2008, 11:37 PM

'Bout the only thing I have said is, mainly, how the O-line stunk it up, and they did.

I hate to break it to ya but the head coach is bad, very bad, and as far as living in the past goes: the season just ended last month; people are still frustrated. The Coach saying things right after the last game of this miserable season like: "Get over it" didn't exactly help fill everyone with bright hopes of optimistic future.

texaschief
01-16-2008, 11:38 PM
NO. I am sick and tired of people comparing young players to the all time greats. (That is what Tony is) Denver has the next Elway in Cutler. AP is the next jim Brown. As far as a TE that compares to Tony...he dosen't exist.

That's right....and nobody compared to Shannon Sharpe when he played either right?....oh wait....i remember some guy wearing red making waves as Sharpe was in his twilight.

hermhater
01-16-2008, 11:40 PM

I would warrant you haven't been around long enough to see the ineptness that Carl breeds.

I don't think it was you, but someone else said give Herm a few more years to see what he can do.

Well it looks like that is what is happening, and I am CERTAIN things will not improve into us even reaching the playoffs, let alone going to the SB.

hermhater
01-16-2008, 11:41 PM

Are you serious?

hermhater
01-16-2008, 11:42 PM
Or, we never had a QB knocked unconscious for 10 minutes this year. Bowe. Herm was never photographed while drooling. Jared Allen. Not once did they not arrive at the stadium to play. Tony Gonzalez. They never tried a cheerleader out at left tackle. Count your blessings fellas.

Good stuff man!

Canada
01-16-2008, 11:44 PM
That's right....and nobody compared to Shannon Sharpe when he played either right?....oh wait....i remember some guy wearing red making waves as Sharpe was in his twilight.

And it just happened that he surpassed him this year while 20 other TE that were compared to him have been totally forgotten. hmmmm...

texaschief
01-16-2008, 11:46 PM
'Bout the only thing I have said is, mainly, how the O-line stunk it up, and they did.

I hate to break it to ya but the head coach is bad, very bad, and as far as living in the past goes: the season just ended last month; people are still frustrated. The Coach saying things right after the last game of this miserable season like: "Get over it" didn't exactly help fill everyone with bright hopes of optimistic future.

It had to be said. Chiefs fans are acting like they are the worst team in the NFL and are above losing....there are 4 teams worse than us in the NFL this year. 3 of which have more recently been to a conference title game than has Kansas City.

It's pathetic hearing all this crying about the head coach. He's the guy. GET OVER IT.

Canada
01-16-2008, 11:48 PM
It had to be said. Chiefs fans are acting like they are the worst team in the NFL and are above losing....there are 4 teams worse than us in the NFL this year. 3 of which have more recently been to a conference title game than has Kansas City.

It's pathetic hearing all this crying about the head coach. He's the guy. GET OVER IT.

That is quite the bright side. "The Guy" put us to 4-12. Yay, I am so glad he is here. Optimistic enough for ya!!

texaschief
01-16-2008, 11:48 PM
And it just happened that he surpassed him this year while 20 other TE that were compared to him have been totally forgotten. hmmmm...

really? 20? Please, list those players who were compared to Sharpe's athletic ability and skill level.

Canada
01-16-2008, 11:49 PM
really? 20? Please, list those players who were compared to Sharpe's athletic ability and skill level.

do you truly believe that it never happened? No one besides Tony was ever compared to Sharpe?? Get your head outta your *** man.

prough91
01-16-2008, 11:49 PM

Hear that guys? There were only 27 teams that were better than us. Not too shabby. What's the conference title games have to do with anything?

Chiefster
01-16-2008, 11:51 PM
That is quite the bright side. "The Guy" put us to 4-12. Yay, I am so glad he is here. Optimistic enough for ya!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

texaschief

Dude, i get that you don't like him. Everyone here but me agrees with you. But does it have to be brought up in EVERY............SINGLE...............THREAD?

Don't you have anything else you'd like to talk about besides your animosity toward Herm?

BTW, i didn't call you a pessimist because you disagreed with my idea of trading TG, LJ and JA.

rbedgood

Tex,

You usually demonstrate a really clear knowledge and understanding of the game...please read my post again. I wasn't saying that some of the other guys on that list didn't compare to Tony "this year" as receivers. I did say that none of them are even "decent blockers" except for Witten who is excellent. Witten until this year has been largely a possession receiver who wasn't a threat in the red zone. He had one good year. Comparing him to a legend is hardly fair. Most of the other guys have similar flaws.

Tony Gonzalez isn't a spring chicken any longer...but he probably has 3-4 really good years left. I wouldn't say 8, and I'm not sure who did....but 3-4 years of him roaming the middle with Bowe on the outside and LJ/Kolby Smith in the backfield gives the Chiefs hope...IMO

texaschief
01-16-2008, 11:52 PM
do you truly believe that it never happened? No one besides Tony was ever compared to Sharpe?? Get your head outta your *** man.

still waiting for those names bud.

Chiefster
01-16-2008, 11:53 PM

You're right, I can't imagine why we aren't all just bubling over with joy right now. :rolleyes:

Canada
01-16-2008, 11:53 PM
still waiting for those names bud.

Yeah, lemme review some 15 year old game tape and then quote some announcers and then look through some 15 years old newspapers and find them for you. The point is a lot of people were compared to Sharpe (kinda like you are doing with a bunch of TE and Tony) and only one of them ever measured up to Sharpe. I can't make it any simpler for you.

texaschief
01-16-2008, 11:56 PM
Tex,

You usually demonstrate a really clear knowledge and understanding of the game...please read my post again. I wasn't saying that some of the other guys on that list didn't compare to Tony "this year" as receivers. I did say that none of them are even "decent blockers" except for Witten who is excellent. Witten until this year has been largely a possession receiver who wasn't a threat in the red zone. He had one good year. Comparing him to a legend is hardly fair. Most of the other guys have similar flaws.

Tony Gonzalez isn't a spring chicken any longer...but he probably has 3-4 really good years left. I wouldn't say 8, and I'm not sure who did....but 3-4 years of him roaming the middle with Bowe on the outside and LJ/Kolby Smith in the backfield gives the Chiefs hope...IMO

How often have you watched Shockey or Winslow? Both those guys are beasts on the line. They were dominant in Miami and if they couldn't block, why were they drafted so high?

....and from a 49er fan, i won't push Vernon Davis too hard. I'm sure you've seen him much more than i have, but from the 6 or so 49er games that i've seen him play in, he impressed me. I'm sure the 49ers wouldn't want him going anywhere either.

prough91
01-16-2008, 11:57 PM
Dude, i get that you don't like him. Everyone here but me agrees with you. But does it have to be brought up in EVERY............SINGLE...............THREAD?

Don't you have anything else you'd like to talk about besides your animosity toward Herm?

BTW, i didn't call you a pessimist because you disagreed with my idea of trading TG, LJ and JA.

Dude, it's a cycle. First, we talk about how much we hate Herm. I actually don't hate him that bad. He's just fun to make fun of. I hate Carl a lot worse. Second, we make fun of H-squared's height. Then, we talk about draft picks for a while. After that, we talk about who's going to get hired as OC. Well, now we'll probably change that into how our new OC will do. As we round the corner, we make fun of canada and his drinking problem. H-squared posts some youtube videos or parrots, and then we're back on how much we hate Herm. It's just a cycle. By the way, I heard www.welovehermandheisthecureforallourills.com (http://www.welovehermandheisthecureforallourillsandshould beinthehalloffame.com) is looking for a guest writer. Check it out.

And THAT is number 1000.

Chiefster
Look I think the dead horse has been beaten enough; lets agree to disagree.

There are positives about our team I'm sure; there just isn't a whole lot of light being shed on what few there are is all.

Canada
How often have you watched Shockey or Winslow? Both those guys are beasts on the line. They were dominant in Miami and if they couldn't block, why were they drafted so high?

....and from a 49er fan, i won't push Vernon Davis too hard. I'm sure you've seen him much more than i have, but from the 6 or so 49er games that i've seen him play in, he impressed me. I'm sure the 49ers wouldn't want him going anywhere either.

No, you have it all wrong Texas. He is good so he should be traded so they can get a good player!!

hermhater
01-16-2008, 11:58 PM
If it takes the friggin' parrot to end this uselessness I will do it!

Don't make me use the parrot!

texaschief
01-17-2008, 12:00 AM
Yeah, lemme review some 15 year old game tape and then quote some announcers and then look through some 15 years old newspapers and find them for you. The point is a lot of people were compared to Sharpe (kinda like you are doing with a bunch of TE and Tony) and only one of them ever measured up to Sharpe. I can't make it any simpler for you.

Just because you say it dosen't make it true. Back up at least one thing you say.

I just think you blurt out sh!t without paying any attention to what you are saying.

Does this statement only apply to me? :lol:

Chiefster
Dude, it's a cycle. First, we talk about how much we hate Herm. I actually don't hate him that bad. He's just fun to make fun of. I hate Carl a lot worse. Second, we make fun of H-squared's height. Then, we talk about draft picks for a while. After that, we talk about who's going to get hired as OC. Well, now we'll probably change that into how our new OC will do. As we round the corner, we make fun of canada and his drinking problem. H-squared posts some youtube videos or parrots, and then we're back on how much we hate Herm. It's just a cycle. By the way, I heard www.welovehermandheisthecureforallourills.com (http://www.welovehermandheisthecureforallourillsandshould beinthehalloffame.com) is looking for a guest writer. Check it out.

And THAT is number 1000.

Eggsactly, except you left out the part where we talk about my need for that little blue pill. :D

Canada
Does this statement only apply to me? :lol:

You and HH :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
01-17-2008, 12:01 AM
If it takes the friggin' parrot to end this uselessness I will do it!

Don't make me use the parrot!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

texaschief
01-17-2008, 12:02 AM
No, you have it all wrong Texas. He is good so he should be traded so they can get A good player!!

Show me where i've said he should be traded for ONE good player.

prough91
01-17-2008, 12:03 AM
Eggsactly, except you left out the part where we talk about my need for that little blue pill. :D

I have no idea how I forgot that. I'll mention it on post 2000. :yahoo:

Canada
01-17-2008, 12:05 AM
Show me where i've said he should be traded for ONE good player.

How many draft picks do you expect?? If you get two draft picks and can turn them into the next great players then you should be doing the hiring, however realistically you may get a good player and most likely a guy that will be on the practice squad or traded or cut. I know that this seems to be a difficult concept for you to grasp cause in fantasy land all you draft picks will be superstars. Good luck with that!! :bananen_smilies046:

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 12:07 AM

Okay, I'll start with Vernon Davis...he is well below average as a run blocker. He doesn't get low enough, stands up coming out of the block and loses all of his leverage.

Shockey is a beast blocking downfield for receivers, but he is a piss poor run blocker, that is why often times the Giants split him out on plays to force a linebacker/safety out of the box and put him in a better position to block from his strength.

I haven't watched as much of Winslow, but I will say that he could easily be discounted just because of his injury issues over the first 4 years of his career. Heck for that matter when has Shockey stayed healthy for an entire season?

texaschief
01-17-2008, 12:14 AM
How many draft picks do you expect?? If you get two draft picks and can turn them into the next great players then you should be doing the hiring, however realistically you may get a good player and most likely a guy that will be on the practice squad or traded or cut. I know that this seems to be a difficult concept for you to grasp cause in fantasy land all you draft picks will be superstars. Good luck with that!! :bananen_smilies046:

Like i said previously, the Chiefs are hitting on 70% of thier draft picks the past 2 years. So, if we have 20 or so draft picks over the next two seasons, that means around 14 of those players will be major contributers to this football team. Add those to the 10 new major contributers to already on the team from the past two drafts and the entire team is rebuilt.

But you only hit on that many players if you get your pick number high. Like the 14 i suggested earlier this evening.....but you seem to just leave this part out for whatever reason. I never said we'd draft a starter with every pick.

Canada
01-17-2008, 12:17 AM
Like i said previously, the Chiefs are hitting on 70% of thier draft picks the past 2 years. So, if we have 20 or so draft picks over the next two seasons, that means around 14 of those players will be major contributers to this football team. Add those to the 10 new major contributers to already on the team from the past two drafts and the entire team is rebuilt.

But you only hit on that many players if you get your pick number high. Like the 14 i suggested earlier this evening.....but you seem to just leave this part out for whatever reason. I never said we'd draft a starter with every pick.

20 draft picks over the next two season is 10 per draft right?? Don't we have 10 right now? And how many does everyone start with? 7, so you want to trade Tony G, Jared and LJ for 3 draft picks so that we can aquire 14 rookies to fill 5 O line spots, a DE, Two corners (at least) a TE and a RB. Good luck with that :bananen_smilies046:

prough91
01-17-2008, 12:19 AM
20 draft picks over the next two season is 10 per draft right?? Don't we have 10 right now? And how many does everyone start with? 7, so you want to trade Tony G, Jared and LJ for 3 draft picks so that we can aquire 14 rookies to fill 5 O line spots, a DE, Two corners (at least) a TE and a RB. Good luck with that :bananen_smilies046:

Why you being so pessimistic?

hermhater
01-17-2008, 12:20 AM
I warned ya!

The parrot is not amused!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/8.jpg

Canada
01-17-2008, 12:20 AM
Why you being so pessimistic?

I would be if we followed the moronic advice of trading LJ, Tony and Jared.

texaschief
01-17-2008, 12:23 AM

i said around 20 because that would leave room for movement of picks to trade up or trade down in the draft.

I think you could get a 1st, 2nd, and mid round pick for Allen

I think you could get a 1st and mid round pick for TG.

I couldn't tell you what I'd expect in return for LJ. That's why i posted earlier that it would probably be better to wait to trade him next season after we know what exactly we've got in our super star RB.

Do you even read my posts or do you just spout random insults?

Canada
01-17-2008, 12:25 AM
i said around 20 because that would leave room for movement of picks to trade up or trade down in the draft.

I think you could get a 1st, 2nd, and mid round pick for Allen

I think you could get a 1st and mid round pick for TG.

I couldn't tell you what I'd expect in return for LJ. That's why i posted earlier that it would probably be better to wait to trade him next season after we know what exactly we've got in our super star RB.

Do you even read my posts or do you just spout random insults?

I read some, but mostly random insults. I read most of your posts from their original sources.

texaschief
01-17-2008, 12:27 AM
I read some, but mostly random insults. I read most of your posts from their original sources.

good for you. I post some of those so that others could read about the Chiefs who don't know where to look like you and I do.

but keep up with the insults. :sign0098:

Canada
01-17-2008, 12:29 AM
good for you. I post some of those so that others could read about the Chiefs who don't know where to look like you and I do.

I will thanks. I am pretty sure that is how you started your nite off here tonite, so stop crying when someone does it back to you.

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 12:31 AM
Okay guys, head back to your corners and come out swinging when the bell rings....no not yet...wait for the bell.

I'm pondering a diplomatic approach, but I'm figuring the odds of it working are low...so how about this, give me the PPV rights to broadcast this brawl, and we can all make a little change on it.

Okay...ding...ding...ding

texaschief
01-17-2008, 12:34 AM
also, i fail to see why trading 3 players who don't really want to be here anyway is such a bad thing.

Larry has NEVER wanted to be here.

Jared doesn't want to be here.

Tony can't afford a rebuild at this point in his career.

For the optomist here, what year will the Chiefs be in the Super Bowl? It OBVIOUSLY won't happen in the next few years since "Herm is such a bad coach," so why wouldn't you trade Tony? This isn't a ZERO SUM game. The Chiefs will still throw on the downs they need to throw. It will just be thrown to a different target. Most of those receptions will just be dispersed amongst the new TE and the WRs. Just be Gonzo would be gone doesn't mean you lose 1000 receptions.

prough91
01-17-2008, 12:35 AM
also, i fail to see why trading 3 players who don't really want to be here anyway is such a bad thing.

For the optomist here, what year will the Chiefs be in the Super Bowl? It OBVIOUSLY won't happen in the next few years since "Herm is such a bad coach," so why wouldn't you trade Tony? This isn't a ZERO SUM game. The Chiefs will still throw on the downs they need to throw. It will just be thrown to a different target. Most of those receptions will just be dispersed amongst the new TE and the WRs. Just be Gonzo would be gone doesn't mean you lose 1000 receptions.

You could lose 100 pretty easy.

Canada
01-17-2008, 12:36 AM

My whole point is why get rid of a guy that we KNOW is there for a first down consistently for someone we HOPE is going to be there. Adress the needs we have with the 10 draft picks we have now.

hermhater
01-17-2008, 12:37 AM

I am beginning to think Herm does have the friggin' internet after all...

Either that or you have bought into his approach completely.

You need an intervention dude.

texaschief
01-17-2008, 12:37 AM
I will thanks. I am pretty sure that is how you started your nite off here tonite, so stop crying when someone does it back to you.

wow...yeah, that was rough....my bad.

hermhater
01-17-2008, 12:38 AM

I warned ya!

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 12:39 AM
I warned ya!

Dude...enough with the friggin' StL Rams Parrot...I FRIGGIN' HATE THOSE COLORS (caps intended!!!)

texaschief
01-17-2008, 12:40 AM
You could lose 100 pretty easy.

Really? 100? so you DO believe it's zero sum and that Gonzo's replacement would catch zero passes all season?

hermhater
01-17-2008, 12:40 AM
Dude...enough with the friggin' StL Rams Parrot...I FRIGGIN' HATE THOSE COLORS (caps intended!!!)

This parrot doesn't look nearly angry enough!

(Although you can decide for yourself what he is eating...)

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/274.jpg

texaschief
01-17-2008, 12:42 AM

i actually don't mind looking at that parrot. it looks exactly like mine and i everytime i see it i think i'm looking at my bird. lol:lol:

Canada

Yeah, if your first post wasn't telling off Guru and HH for being so negative then you would be right dipsh!t

hermhater
Really? 100? so you DO believe it's zero sum and that Gonzo's replacement would catch zero passes all season?

What is the average for TE's in receptions around the league?

What are the odds we will get someone with even a quarter of his talents?

Canada
01-17-2008, 12:43 AM
i actually don't mind looking at that parrot. it looks exactly like mine and i everytime i see it i think i'm looking at my bird. lol:lol:

Shocker, the parrots parrot has a parrot

prough91
01-17-2008, 12:44 AM

You said 1000 receptions, I thought you meant with the new TE and WR's, with T.G. gone we would lose 1000 receptions, which I don't know how that would be possible, so I was just saying if for some record setting reason, our receiver core caught 1000, I said they could lose 100. What team catches 1000 receptions?

texaschief
01-17-2008, 12:45 AM
Yeah, if your first post wasn't telling off Guru and HH for being so negative then you would be right dipsh!t

I'm so proud....Canada, you're really getting a lot better dude. :sign0098:

Canada
01-17-2008, 12:45 AM
I'm so proud....Canada, you're really getting a lot better dude. :sign0098:

Pointing out when you are wrong is not a difficult task. It pretty much happens when you post. But thanx anyways!!

texaschief
01-17-2008, 12:50 AM
What is the average for TE's in receptions around the league?

What are the odds we will get someone with even a quarter of his talents?

The kid coming out of Oklahoma next year is a beast. Jermichael Finley, Jr. out of Texas this season is incredible. Fred Davis from USC would fit in nicely. There are plenty of TEs out there who could catch 25 passes next season.

texaschief
01-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Pointing out when you are wrong is not a difficult task. It pretty much happens when you post. But thanx anyways!!

really? when was i wrong?

Canada
01-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Lets git em all y'all and git rid them varmints that have proven they can play!!

Canada
01-17-2008, 12:52 AM
really? when was i wrong?

Uhhh....the trading the best players on our team thing

texaschief
01-17-2008, 12:53 AM
You said 1000 receptions, I thought you meant with the new TE and WR's, with T.G. gone we would lose 1000 receptions, which I don't know how that would be possible, so I was just saying if for some record setting reason, our receiver core caught 1000, I said they could lose 100. What team catches 1000 receptions?

That was my fault. I put in one too many zero. lol It was supposed to be 100.

texaschief
01-17-2008, 01:00 AM
Uhhh....the trading the best players on our team thing

Is a stated opinion and an option that is a possibility. But by all means, if you think you can disprove an opinion, go for it.

Notice i haven't called you a dip**** or stated that your head was up your *** because you think our team is better off with the TE, DE, and RB. I also don't say you're wrong for thinking the way you do....as narrow minded as it is....and notice i don't try to disprove your opinion....because it's not possible.

But i am patient with you because you ARE from Canada and i understand it's difficult for a drunk to have an inteligent conversation without calling people names.

But please, disprove my opinion. I'd LOVE to read that.

I could use a good laugh.

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 01:00 AM

None...I guarantee it....the NFL record for Pass attempts is owned by Drew Bledsoe with 691 (1994)...for his team to have even 1/2 of the 1000 receptions mentioned he'd have to complete about 72.3% of his passes...a full 2% higher than Ken Anderson NFL record 70.5% (1982).

To put it in perspective that everyone can understand, this year the Patriots had a very pass-happy offense and Brady only had 578 pass attempts...assume his backup had another 10-15 in mop-up duty and that means they approached 600 attempts. Brady had a very nice completion percentage of 68.9%, but would've needed about 87% to get to 500 completions. Until the season is expanded to about 25 games (never) don't expect anyone to approach 1000 pass attempts, more or less completions or receptions for a team.

hermhater
01-17-2008, 01:03 AM
None...I guarantee it....the NFL record for Pass attempts is owned by Drew Bledsoe with 691 (1994)...for his team to have even 1/2 of the 1000 receptions mentioned he'd have to complete about 72.3% of his passes...a full 2% higher than Ken Anderson NFL record 70.5% (1982).

To put it in perspective that everyone can understand, this year the Patriots had a very pass-happy offense and Brady only had 578 pass attempts...assume his backup had another 10-15 in mop-up duty and that means they approached 600 attempts. Brady had a very nice completion percentage of 68.9%, but would've needed about 87% to get to 500 completions. Until the season is expanded to about 25 games (never) don't expect anyone to approach 1000 pass attempts, more or less completions or receptions for a team.

Wow that would be nice to see the Chiefs play for half the year!

:yahoo:

Canada
01-17-2008, 01:04 AM
Is a stated opinion and an option that is a possibility. But by all means, if you think you can disprove an opinion, go for it.

Notice i haven't called you a dip**** or stated that your head was up your *** because you think our team is better off with the TE, DE, and RB. I also don't say you're wrong for thinking the way you do....as narrow minded as it is....and notice i don't try to disprove your opinion....because it's not possible.

But i am patient with you because you ARE from Canada and i understand it's difficult for a drunk to have an inteligent conversation without calling people names.

But please, disprove my opinion. I'd LOVE to read that.

I could use a good laugh.

I got tired of trying to have an intelligent conversation with you a loooooooooong time ago. you flip flop and contradict yourself so much it is hard to keep up. You have defended your "opinion" vigorously with nonsense and bullsh!t and when you realize you are wrong, you say i call you names. As far as my being from Canada, your stereotype is bang on, you truly sound like a hick who has never left his mamas teat in texas but it is my understanding that Texas is for beers, steers and queers is it not. And since you are not cattle and you aren't a drunk I guess we all know the truth. :bananen_smilies046:

texaschief
01-17-2008, 01:06 AM

:lol: :lol: ok...i've already said i accidentally put one too many zeros in that post. it was supposed to be 100 :lol: :lol: I'M SORRY.

Canada
01-17-2008, 01:07 AM
:lol: :lol: ok...i've already said i accidentally put one too many zeros in that post. it was supposed to be 100 :lol: :lol: I'M SORRY.

Yeah, we know. :bananen_smilies046:

texaschief
I got tired of trying to have an intelligent conversation with you a loooooooooong time ago. you flip flop and contradict yourself so much it is hard to keep up. You have defended your "opinion" vigorously with nonsense and bullsh!t and when you realize you are wrong, you say i call you names. As far as my being from Canada, your stereotype is bang on, you truly sound like a hick who has never left his mamas teat in texas but it is my understanding that Texas is for beers, steers and queers is it not. And since you are not cattle and you aren't a drunk I guess we all know the truth. :bananen_smilies046:

((((((yawn)))))))

Canada
((((((yawn)))))))

Truth makes ya tired??

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 01:08 AM

Didn't catch the original post (error), just was responding to the post right before mine...

texaschief
01-17-2008, 01:11 AM
Truth makes ya tired??

you said you don't read all my posts....how could you possibly try to follow everything i'm saying if you won't read what i write? You just make generalizations of what you THINK i'm saying, skip over what i'm REALLY saying and post random insults.

You're a joke.

Canada
01-17-2008, 01:14 AM
you said you don't read all my posts....how could you possibly try to follow everything i'm saying if you won't read what i write? You just make generalizations of what you THINK i'm saying, skip over what i'm REALLY saying and post random insults.

You're a joke.

Yeah, but I am Fin hilarious!!

Like I said earlier...I don't need to hear you regurgitate other people thoughts and opinions. You read something, think it sounds good and post it here. Nothing I have heard on here from you is an original thought so why should I waste my time reading what you repeat?

Canada
01-17-2008, 01:15 AM

At least you can admit it though!!

texaschief
01-17-2008, 01:19 AM
Yeah, but I am Fin hilarious!!

Like I said earlier...I don't need to hear you regurgitate other people thoughts and opinions. You read something, think it sounds good and post it here. Nothing I have heard on here from you is an original thought so why should I waste my time reading what you repeat?

really? nothing original huh? LMAO

As opposed to you repeating everything that HermHaters says? Where are your original thoughts again? BTW, i cut and paste relevant info that i find. I'll make a comment on it but i never post things as my own that are not of my writing.

If you really haven't seen anything original from me, you truly aren't reading ANYTHING i post.

nice try though.

Canada
01-17-2008, 01:20 AM

If all your thoughts are original why post this??

Canada
01-17-2008, 01:22 AM

As opposed to you repeating everything that HermHaters says? Where are your original thoughts again? BTW, i cut and paste relevant info that i find. I'll make a comment on it but i never post things as my own that are not of my writing.

If you really haven't seen anything original from me, you truly aren't reading ANYTHING i post.

nice try though.

what has HH said in here?? What did I repeat?? this is exactly what i am talking about. You make sh!t up to try and not sound like an idiot. Just cause you change a few words dosen't make it original.

texaschief
If all your thoughts are original why post this??

That red paint on your face and the red jersey suits you....it's like talking to a brick wall with you.

Canada
That red paint on your face and the red jersey suits you....it's like talking to a brick wall with you.

??? OK

texaschief
01-17-2008, 01:23 AM
what has HH said in here?? What did I repeat?? this is exactly what i am talking about. You make sh!t up to try and not sound like an idiot. Just cause you change a few words dosen't make it original.

WTF are you talking about?

hermhater
01-17-2008, 01:24 AM

nice try though.

Canada only agrees with me about Herm being a sh!tty coach as far as I know.

I post articles just like you dude, and I don't see anything wrong with that, as I think we should get ALL our Chiefs news here on the Crowd.

Well I guess he agrees that we shouldn't get rid of our best players, but that isn't just him, it's about every Chiefs fan I know.

Posting this stuff though has gotten (as rbedgood said) much discussion, and it is appropriate since we finally have some new Chiefs news to discuss.

I just don't see how you could possibly think we should get rid of 3 of the BEST players in the league at their positions, and how that would help the team.

This is not fantasy football guy, this is the real thing and you don't give up your BEST players (in the league)???

That is a HERM philosophy, and it doesn't friggin' work!

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 01:24 AM
Someone step up, be a man, and stop the senseless bickering.

texaschief
01-17-2008, 01:30 AM
Canada only agrees with me about Herm being a sh!tty coach as far as I know.

I post articles just like you dude, and I don't see anything wrong with that, as I think we should get ALL our Chiefs news here on the Crowd.

Well I guess he agrees that we shouldn't get rid of our best players, but that isn't just him, it's about every Chiefs fan I know.

Posting this stuff though has gotten (as rbedgood said) much discussion, and it is appropriate since we finally have some new Chiefs news to discuss.

I just don't see how you could possibly think we should get rid of 3 of the BEST players in the league at their positions, and how that would help the team.

This is not fantasy football guy, this is the real thing and you don't give up your BEST players (in the league)???

That is a HERM philosophy, and it doesn't friggin' work!

This guessing as to what the draft picks or returning players would bring back works both ways. What if we trade away Gonzo and bring back a Shawn Merriman and another Jared Allen? What if we trade Allen and bring back a Tom Brady and a Larry Johnson?

Just because you guys say we won't get anything back in return for those players doesn't mean it will happen. Arguing that we won't get any good players from those draft picks isn't just a little pessimistic?

If we get rid of 3 pro bowlers and bring back 6, that wouldn't be a good trade?

NO RISK, NO REWARD.

Canada
01-17-2008, 01:31 AM
This guessing as to what the draft picks or returning players would bring back works both ways. What if we trade away Gonzo and bring back a Shawn Merriman and another Jared Allen? What if we trade Allen and bring back a Tom Brady and a Larry Johnson?

Just because you guys say we won't get anything back in return for those players doesn't mean it will happen. Arguing that we won't get any good players from those draft picks isn't just a little pessimistic?

NO RISK, NO REWARD.

that is not being ppessimistic. the odds of drafting a bust are far greater than drafting a pro bowler.

hermhater
01-17-2008, 01:33 AM

NO RISK, NO REWARD.

Do you know who our GM is?

texaschief
01-17-2008, 01:35 AM
that is not being ppessimistic. the odds of drafting a bust are far greater than drafting a pro bowler.

Really? Perhaps that's why we should get as many high draft picks as we could possibly get as we rebuild this team and not rely on a 29 year old, INJURED RB and a 31 year old TE to build this team around....

Canada
01-17-2008, 01:38 AM
Really? Perhaps that's why we should get as many high draft picks as we could possibly get as we rebuild this team and not rely on a 29 year old, INJURED RB and a 31 year old TE to build this team around....

Ok sure...trade em all. Great idea.

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 01:38 AM

Actually I think Canada's point is that trading a current pro bowl caliber player for a draft pick is more of a long shot gamble than it is a risk/reward situation.

Why don't you two agree to disagree on this topic.

TexasChief is clearly of the opinion that the team can't be fixed in the next 2-3 years and the better solution is to trade the "icons" and get value for them.

Canada is of the opinion that you don't trade away "icons" you build around them.

Its clear you two don't appreciate the others position, and frankly the rest of us are tired of watching a chick fight with no CHICKS...

texaschief
01-17-2008, 01:42 AM
Instead of building around LJ, JA and TG, we rebuild this team around a new line, Kolby Smith, Dwayne Bowe, Jeff Webb, Tamba Hali, Derrick Johnson, Jarrad Paige, Bernard Pollard, Tank Tyler, Marcus McBride, Brodie Croyle, the 4 First RD PICKS that we COULD have this season and any other starter we could land in the rest of the draft.

But according to y'all, the only players on this team are Allen, Gonzo and LJ.

This team can be SO much more....but it does take risk and sacrifice.

Canada
01-17-2008, 01:44 AM
Instead of building around LJ, JA and TG, we rebuild this team around a new line, Kolby Smith, Dwayne Bowe, Jeff Webb, Tamba Hali, Derrick Johnson, Jarrad Paige, Bernard Pollard, Tank Tyler, Marcus McBride, Brodie Croyle, the 4 First RD PICKS that we COULD have this season and any other starter we could land in the rest of the draft.

this thread was about trading those three that is why i am talkin about them.... just drop it man

texaschief
01-17-2008, 01:49 AM
this thread was about trading those three that is why i am talkin about them.... just drop it man

what do you think i'm talking about?

try reading it this time.....

Canada
01-17-2008, 01:51 AM

what do you think i'm talking about?

try reading it this time.....

Drop it man

hermhater
01-17-2008, 01:53 AM
Alright then.

Anyone who posts to this thread is getting the bird.

I warned and warned and warned.

texaschief
01-17-2008, 01:57 AM
Drop it man

LMFAO!!!! Now try reading the WHOLE post this time, eh.

That post was about trading those 3 and building around those players you have in bold....along with the 3 first round picks they would bring in trades.

Canada
01-17-2008, 01:59 AM

That post was about trading those 3 and building around those players you have in bold....along with the 3 first round picks they would bring in trades.

Read the whole post...didn't see the names....now drop it.

hermhater
01-17-2008, 02:05 AM

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 02:54 AM
Elmer is after that wascally parrot

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/121.jpg

hermhater
01-17-2008, 03:00 AM
Elmer is after that wascally parrot

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/121.jpg
***!@

I just spit on my brand new keyboard!@

chief31
01-17-2008, 04:09 AM
Wow. I missed another good time, ehh?

Teaxas, you sure do give me plenty to read when you get on a roll, and start stirring it up. :D

texaschief
01-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Wow. I missed another good time, ehh?

Teaxas, you sure do give me plenty to read when you get on a roll, and start stirring it up. :D

ha....it's all just "copy and paste."

Canada
01-17-2008, 01:37 PM
ha....it's all just "copy and paste."
Other things that sound gamiliar

YouTube - Moffitt & Frankie - Leave Herm Alone on 101 the Fox-KCFX!

McLovin
01-17-2008, 10:49 PM
How bout a little group fun?

If this team is REALLY gonna take a couple years and "major reconstructive surgery" over that span to become a contender again, who should be on and stay on this team? Who will be too old when we are good? Who could we trade now to bring more draft picks?

Here's some fun to get started that will surely get some feathers ruffled.

Trade Tony Gonzales: He's been the ultimate Chief and it's a shame Peterson couldn't get him a ring. The best way he can do that now is to trade him to a contender for a #1 pick or a young, good player.

Trade Jared Allen: Negotiate a sign and trade with Allen. Tell him to list 10 teams he would accept a trade to and get the best possible bounty you can for arguably the best pass rusher in league. Perhaps a first rounder and more.

Trade Larry Johnson: Get ANYTHING you can for him. Huge contract with big questions after an injury laden 2007. This one may be best to move next season.

I think those 3 players, the best the Chiefs have to offer in the prime of their careers would bring huge bounty to help with the rebuilding. Bringing in a bunch of first rounders and more young players may require just one more "rebuilding year.

So, who else should stay and who else should go?

I have an idea how bout we trade your dumb *** to another board and get someone intelligent to post.

Canada
01-17-2008, 11:01 PM
I have an idea how bout we trade your dumb *** to another board and get someone intelligent to post.

We wouldn't get any good draft picks for him!! :lol:

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 11:02 PM
We wouldn't get any good draft picks for him!! :lol:

Sometimes losing is winning....(we didn't get anything for TimSatt1...but losing him made the team better)

Canada
01-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Sometimes losing is winning....(we didn't get anything for TimSatt1...but losing him made the team better)

you raise a good point!! :bananen_smilies046:

McLovin
01-17-2008, 11:11 PM
On that I call for a toast.

:toast2::toast2::toast2::bananen_smilies046::banan en_smilies046::bananen_smilies046::drunkhb::drunkh b::drunkhb:

hermhater
01-17-2008, 11:12 PM
I'll bet Indy trades Peyton for some good picks since he has been in the league for so long.

McLovin
01-17-2008, 11:14 PM
I'll bet Indy trades Peyton for some good picks since he has been in the league for so long.
Well if they were smart they would, I bet we could let them have Terry and Turley the Turnstyle Twins for him. Heck I would even give up our treasured Hermie and Carl.

Not that I dont want to give Brodie time, but some things you just dont pass up.

stlchief
01-17-2008, 11:22 PM

WTF????? TimSatt is gone? I missed it. Sorry to hijack the thread, but if I may say so:

I say trade LJ because you need a line for an RB to be successful. Keep everyone else. UNLESS you are saying trade TG just to let him have a chance at a ring and to show a little class.

If they trade Jared Allen - a young player in his prime who is excelling despite mediocrity around him, that what the hell are you building?

hermhater
01-17-2008, 11:24 PM
WTF????? TimSatt is gone? I missed it. Sorry to hijack the thread, but if I may say so:

I say trade LJ because you need a line for an RB to be successful. Keep everyone else. UNLESS you are saying trade TG just to let him have a chance at a ring and to show a little class.

If they trade Jared Allen - a young player in his prime who is excelling despite mediocrity around him, that what the hell are you building?

timsatt is still here among us disguised as a somewhat less offensive himself.

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 11:26 PM

Yeah, and if he'd stop posting Parrots and such we'd all celebrate.

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 11:26 PM
sorry...that was a low blow. HH, I just think you're seeing things where they aren't...stop looking in the shadows...no one cares enough what you are doing to follow you.

McLovin
01-17-2008, 11:29 PM
No I agree I believe TimSatt is still here also, even have an pretty good idea of who it is. But since this poster is watching his Ps and Qs I'm not throwing him under the bus.

Timsatt has had some decent times, it is just that his bad far outweighed the good.

texaschief
01-17-2008, 11:32 PM

ah yes.....

Apparantly, I'm an alter ego of the infamous timsatt.

:lol: :lol: LMFAO:lol: :lol:

I DON'T MIND BEING THE VILLAN HERE.....JUST DON'T CALL ME SOMEONE ELSE.

If you need to hate someone, fine. I could care less what you think about me. I say it all the time; I'm not here to win a popularity contest.

There isn't a thing that i've posted that i'd take back. I own my opinions and back them up under a constant barrage of bull****.

DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE YOU THINK I'M SOMEONE ELSE....HATE ME BECAUSE I'M TEXASCHIEF.

McLovin
01-17-2008, 11:35 PM
ah yes.....

If you need to hate someone, fine. I could care less what you think about me. I say it all the time; I'm not here to win a popularity contest.

There isn't a thing that i've posted that i'd take back. I own my opinions and back them up under a constant barrage of bull****.

DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE YOU THINK I'M SOMEONE ELSE....HATE ME BECAUSE I'M TEXASCHIEF.

No I am quite sure your not Timsatt, if I thought that I would pull the trigger to get you thrown out. And dont worry I hate you because your *** Chief nothing timmy did gets held against you.

texaschief
01-17-2008, 11:36 PM
No I am quite sure your not Timsatt, if I thought that I would pull the trigger to get you thrown out. And dont worry I hate you because your *** Chief nothing timmy did gets held against you.

...WOW...."*** Chief?" That's almost as original as your sig....Mclovin?....Where did you EVER come up with that? :sign0098:

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 11:37 PM
ah yes.....

HH=Jerry Fletcher.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/140.jpg

hermhater
01-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Agreed, I am paranoid.

Just becaues you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!

McLovin
01-17-2008, 11:58 PM
HH were you the nerd from Dead Man on Campus that thought Bill Gates was after your brain?

hermhater
01-18-2008, 12:04 AM
HH=Jerry Fletcher.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/140.jpg

Wasn't Jerry right in that movie?

:11:

rbedgood
01-18-2008, 12:17 AM
Wasn't Jerry right in that movie?

:11:

He got ONE theory right after years of writing his little paper full of frill...your day may come, but in the meantime....

hermhater
01-18-2008, 12:18 AM
He got ONE theory right after years of writing his little paper full of frill...your day may come, but in the meantime....

Still it's fun to speculate!

Kind of like politics!

rbedgood
01-18-2008, 12:20 AM
Still it's fun to speculate!

Kind of like politics!

I think since both races are so close, rather than trying to guess who will win the nomination, the more fun discussion at this point may be...if candidate X wins, who will he/she pick as their running mate???

rbedgood
01-18-2008, 12:20 AM
I'll start the running mate guessing game

If Hillary wins she will select Bill Richardson Governor-NM

hermhater
01-18-2008, 12:23 AM
I think since both races are so close, rather than trying to guess who will win the nomination, the more fun discussion at this point may be...if candidate X wins, who will he/she pick as their running mate???

Huckabee told Colbert he would choose him!

Of course politicians lie, and I think it was more of a joke than anything else.

rbedgood
01-18-2008, 12:30 AM
McCain, Romney or Guiliani would all have to select a running mate that can gather and motivate the conservative groups. All 3 of these guys can attract fiscal conservatives and many moderates, however they lose the NRA, religious and Pro-Life votes...which are core numbers for the GOP.

The one thing about Rudi is he'd foce the Dem (whoever it is) to actually campaign in CA and NY seriously...which would make a number of other states harder for the Dems to win.

Personally as long as Hillary or McCain don't win, I guess I'll look at the next President as better than the worse case scenario.

rbedgood
01-18-2008, 12:45 AM
McCain, Romney or Guiliani would all have to select a running mate that can gather and motivate the conservative groups. All 3 of these guys can attract fiscal conservatives and many moderates, however they lose the NRA, religious and Pro-Life votes...which are core numbers for the GOP.

The one thing about Rudi is he'd foce the Dem (whoever it is) to actually campaign in CA and NY seriously...which would make a number of other states harder for the Dems to win.

Personally as long as Hillary or McCain don't win, I guess I'll look at the next President as better than the worse case scenario.

Canada
01-18-2008, 01:01 AM
I thought the other thread was the only political thread on Chiefs Crowd?? this thread is for hardcore player evaluation and silly trade options.

rbedgood
01-18-2008, 01:05 AM
I thought the other thread was the only political thread on Chiefs Crowd?? this thread is for hardcore player evaluation and silly trade options.

Sorry I was replying to the comment HH made about something being like Politics...I thought I was in the other thread...MODS, can you move or delete those posts?!

hermhater
01-18-2008, 01:06 AM

I was gonna post something like that, but didn't have the gumption to go back and read why he responded with those here.

I have missed so many posts tonight, and will probably have to go and read EVERY post EVER posted on the Crowd tomorrow!

Canada
01-18-2008, 01:07 AM
Sorry I was replying to the comment HH made about something being like Politics...I thought I was in the other thread...MODS, can you move or delete those posts?!

:lol: You don't have to delete them, I just couldn't care less about American politics (or Canadian politics for that matter) and I have no idea who most of the people you are all talking about are!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
01-18-2008, 02:03 AM
:lol: You don't have to delete them, I just couldn't care less about American politics (or Canadian politics for that matter) and I have no idea who most of the people you are all talking about are!! :bananen_smilies046:

It would be nice to be you Canada!

Canada
01-18-2008, 02:08 AM
It would be nice to be you Canada!

not tonite