PDA

View Full Version : What is he saying here?

Lazeye
01-17-2008, 02:17 AM
The best thing about Chan Gailey’s hiring is that he has something in common with Chiefs fans. As a former assistant to Bill Cowher, Gailey probably agrees Cowher is the perfect person to lead Arrowhead’s 2009 housecleaning. Jason witlock from the KC star.

Is he implying that cowher coach again or am I on something?

Lazeye
01-17-2008, 02:18 AM
cause if so hire his *** today!

Canada
01-17-2008, 02:21 AM
I hope Cowher comes here and I think youare on something! :lol:

Lazeye
01-17-2008, 02:22 AM
dont tell anybody Ok

texaschief
01-17-2008, 02:22 AM
I SWEAR TO GOD.....if we start flippin coaches every other year we're gonna turn into the freakin Raiders. I don't give a f#$% who is here, just put him in place for at least a decade. No real progress can possibly be made by switching coaches every 2 years.

Lazeye
01-17-2008, 02:23 AM
no you just get slow *** marty ball

hermhater
01-17-2008, 02:29 AM
I SWEAR TO GOD.....if we start flippin coaches every other year we're gonna turn into the freakin Raiders. I don't give a f#$% who is here, just put him in place for at least a decade. No real progress can possibly be made by switching coaches every 2 years.

I don't want to start flipping coaches every couple of years, I just want HERM gone NOW!!!!

:mob:

Hayvern
01-17-2008, 02:36 AM
The best thing about Chan Gailey’s hiring is that he has something in common with Chiefs fans. As a former assistant to Bill Cowher, Gailey probably agrees Cowher is the perfect person to lead Arrowhead’s 2009 housecleaning. Jason witlock from the KC star.

Is he implying that cowher coach again or am I on something?

I read the entire article and I do not believe this guy thinks Cowher is coming back. In fact, I think his statement after reading the article is more inline with sarcasm.

texaschief
01-17-2008, 02:39 AM
I don't want to start flipping coaches every couple of years, I just want HERM gone NOW!!!!

and then what happens when the next coach has troubles? fire him too? how bout the next one and one after that? where does it end? Hiring and firing coaches and upper management is a new trend that doesn't seem to work for any franchise who persues that avenue.

Look at the Dynasties in each pro sport. They have stable upper management and a stable coaching staff.

My Spurs are in a class all by themselves in the NBA when it comes stability

The Red Sox and Yankees have had great management the past decade plus....The Atlanta Braves with Bobby Cox.

The New England Patriots....we all know about them and their coach.

All these teams are stable up top....which is why i think the biggest problem with the Chiefs is the guy who's been here for the past 20 years. The Chiefs did it right when they committed to Peterson for 20 years....they just happened to committ to the wrong guy.

hermhater
01-17-2008, 02:42 AM
and then what happens when the next coach has troubles? fire him too? how bout the next one and one after that? where does it end? Hiring and firing coaches and upper management is a new trend that doesn't seem to work for any franchise who persues that avenue.

Look at the Dynasties in each pro sport. They have stable upper management and a stable coaching staff.

The Red Sox and Yankees have had great management the past decade plus....The Atlanta Braves with Bobby Cox.

All these teams are stable up top....which is why i think the biggest problem with the Chiefs is the guy who's been here for the past 20 years. The Chiefs did it right when they committed to Peterson for 20 years....they just happened to committ to the wrong guy.

That is all over the place, but you're right about committing to Carl!

chief31
01-17-2008, 05:06 AM

As far as a coaching staff goes, didn't Bellichick take them to the Super Bowl in his second season?

Just saying that two years is hardly a long-term commitment. Then, after he started winning Super Bowls, it is a pretty easy decision to make a commitment, isn't it?

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 05:21 AM
As far as a coaching staff goes, didn't Bellichick take them to the Super Bowl in his second season?

Just saying that two years is hardly a long-term commitment. Then, after he started winning Super Bowls, it is a pretty easy decision to make a commitment, isn't it?

Here's a bit of trivia...name a coach who had a tenure with his team for more than five years and didn't take them to at least a Championship game in the first 3 years, but won a Super Bowl after those 3 years...stuck...it doesn't happen. Few coaches get more than 3-4 years to prove they can win...those that do only get a limited time to show they can take the team to the next level...and even guys like Tony Dungy in Tampa, are replaced often before the team they build becomes a champion.

Cowher took a long time to win a Super Bowl, but he reached one in his 3rd year...Billick in his 3rd year, Dungy took 5 years but made the Championship game in year 2...

Basically what I am saying is if a coach is going to have success, it will probably show in the first 3 years. Yes Herm Edwards inherited a team on the decline, and yes Carl Peterson is much to blame for that...however if Herm's team doesn't improve remarkably next year, one has to question his effectiveness as a head coach.

chief31
01-17-2008, 06:06 AM
Here's a bit of trivia...name a coach who had a tenure with his team for more than five years and didn't take them to at least a Championship game in the first 3 years, but won a Super Bowl after those 3 years...stuck...it doesn't happen. Few coaches get more than 3-4 years to prove they can win...those that do only get a limited time to show they can take the team to the next level...and even guys like Tony Dungy in Tampa, are replaced often before the team they build becomes a champion.

Cowher took a long time to win a Super Bowl, but he reached one in his 3rd year...Billick in his 3rd year, Dungy took 5 years but made the Championship game in year 2...

Basically what I am saying is if a coach is going to have success, it will probably show in the first 3 years. Yes Herm Edwards inherited a team on the decline, and yes Carl Peterson is much to blame for that...however if Herm's team doesn't improve remarkably next year, one has to question his effectiveness as a head coach.

Or, like many of us, you can begin that questioning the day he is hired. (Two years ago.) :D

DrunkHillbilly
01-17-2008, 10:47 AM

So you want to guarrantee a coach 10 years???? Pass the bong please!! By the way, how are the Braves doin these days?

Lazeye
01-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Did I hear someone say pass the bong? rotation please!

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 11:03 AM
So you want to guarrantee a coach 10 years???? Pass the bong please!! By the way, how are the Braves doin these days?

The Braves success had much more to do with

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/129.jpg

...and not as much to do with...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/130.jpg

DrunkHillbilly
01-17-2008, 11:06 AM
He was fairly succesful in beating the hell out of his wife about 3 times a year though!!!!! LOL!

texaschief
01-17-2008, 11:07 AM
how many years in a row did the Braves either win their division or make the playoffs again?....and that had NOTHING to do with the head coach, huh? yeah, ok

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 11:22 AM
how many years in a row did the Braves either win their division or make the playoffs again?....and that had NOTHING to do with the head coach, huh? yeah, ok

I said "LESS to DO"...not NOTHING...

DrunkHillbilly
01-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Yea, I don't agree with that statement either but my point was that they had the same coach the last 10 years as they did in the first 10 and they dramatically dropped off in the last 10 years! They hired a new GM and still they weren't affective. Giving a coach in any sport 10 years to prove his worth is ludacris!!!!! It doesn't happen! If they aren't productive in the first 4 years or so, they are gone for the most part. I guess a few teams hold on for 5 or 6 but they would be in the minority. Also, you can't disagree that Smolts Maddox and Glavine had a BIG part of the success they had in those years. Maddox was 360 degrees from what he was in Chicago.

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Oh and by the way, Cox was with Atlanta from 1978-1981, and then summarily fired...he was brought back in 1990 and brought the team to the World Series in year #2. Didn't have to wait for success did they. Sure they kept him for 20 years, but he's taken the team to 5 World Series. Comparing him and to Carl Peterson/(name coach hired by Peterson) is irrelevant. Oh and by the way, anyone remember why he got a 2nd chance as Manager???

He was the GM and hired himself!!! It worked out, but it is funny.

FYI---Cox's record as manager (from Wiki)

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/132.jpg

DrunkHillbilly
01-17-2008, 01:11 PM
The word "lost" seems to be very prevelent in those statistics! Especially in the last 8 years. 06 and 07 didn't need it. 5 of those 8 being 1 pump and a dump! Sounds a bit like the Peterson deal with the exception of the one World Series win in 22 years of coaching the team. I would have taken a championship but this is what I'm talking about. The Chiefs could have and did the same thing with Shottenheimer. ( no championship ) but 10 years straight with playoffs and nothing to show for it. Hell, Atlanta can't even sell out those playoff games let alone a regular season game! Sometimes, change is good.

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 01:17 PM
The word "lost" seems to be very prevelent in those statistics! Especially in the last 8 years. 06 and 07 didn't need it. 5 of those 8 being 1 pump and a dump! Sounds a bit like the Peterson deal with the exception of the one World Series win in 22 years of coaching the team. I would have taken a championship but this is what I'm talking about. The Chiefs could have and did the same thing with Shottenheimer. ( no championship ) but 10 years straight with playoffs and nothing to show for it. Hell, Atlanta can't even sell out those playoff games let alone a regular season game! Sometimes, change is good.

Ummm...just me yes he lost in the NLDS in 5 of the last 6 tries...however before that he won at least one playoff series in 8 straight years (not counting the strike year where playoffs were cancelled)...And since the Braves won their division every time, that's equivalent to making the AFC Championship game or Super Bowl for 8 straight years...sure he only won one World Series, but I can't think of a team that wouldn't take that modicum of success...(IN ANY SPORT)

The key is Cox won early which has bought him time...

DrunkHillbilly
01-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Ummm...just me yes he lost in the NLDS in 5 of the last 6 tries...however before that he won at least one playoff series in 8 straight years (not counting the strike year where playoffs were cancelled)...And since the Braves won their division every time, that's equivalent to making the AFC Championship game or Super Bowl for 8 straight years...sure he only won one World Series, but I can't think of a team that wouldn't take that modicum of success...(IN ANY SPORT)

The key is Cox won early which has bought him time...
My case exactly (almost). Shottenheimer did the same thing but it wasn't good enough! Playoffs almost every single year. At some point, just making it isn't good enough anymore for most. I would take those days right now for sure as well would the Braves fans!

hermhater
01-17-2008, 02:27 PM

I would mention Herm's track record again, but I don't want to piss off texaschief!

:D

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 02:28 PM
I would mention Herm's track record again, but I don't want to piss off texaschief!

:D

I left out the track record, but made the statement for you...yes?!

hermhater
01-17-2008, 02:37 PM
I left out the track record, but made the statement for you...yes?!

I know guy, just mentioning how pissed he gets that every thread turns in to a Herm bashing fest.

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 08:06 PM
I know guy, just mentioning how pissed he gets that every thread turns in to a Herm bashing fest.

I'm not bashing Herm. Herm is what we though he was...:yahoo: That's it...Clark let him off the hook!!!

YouTube - Dennis Green Goes Nuts

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Requested Deletion...this YouTube clip was uncensored...bad words from Denny Green...

hermhater
01-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Requested Deletion...this YouTube clip was uncensored...bad words from Denny Green...

:lol:

What?

I just watched it and since I watched it it is gone.

Wow that was quick.

It still gets funnier every time I see it though!

He is actually thinking of having the term "They are who we thought they were" trademarked, so no one else can use it, and he is gonna market it on Tshirts and hats and stuff.

Canada
01-17-2008, 08:49 PM
I can still see it, but I am listening to some Metallica so I don't want to interrupt it!!

hermhater
01-17-2008, 10:15 PM
I can still see it, but I am listening to some Metallica so I don't want to interrupt it!!

YouTube - Metallica - One

:sign0098:

Canada
01-17-2008, 10:46 PM
The new theme song for the Crowd!!

YouTube - Metallica- Welcome home (Sanitarium) music video

hermhater
01-17-2008, 10:52 PM
I like Metallica, but that isn't one of my favs from them.

How about this one for Herm?

YouTube - Metallica - Master of Puppets (S&M)

:yahoo:

prough91
01-17-2008, 10:56 PM
Enter Sandman. Best...song...ever.

Canada
01-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Enter Sandman. Best...song...ever.

No...it isn;t

prough91
01-17-2008, 11:02 PM
No...it isn;t

Sorry. I forgot how much you liked "We are the Champions" or was it the "Lollipop Guild" from the Wizard of Oz?

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii307/prough91/WizardLollipop.jpg

(That's h-squared in the middle)

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 11:04 PM
I have some Metallica on the IPOD...but currently I'm chillin' with my Jazz mix...little John Coltrane, lotta Miles Davis...

hermhater
01-17-2008, 11:05 PM
Sorry. I forgot how much you liked "We are the Champions" or was it the "Lollipop Guild" from the Wizard of Oz?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Damn I look good!

Canada
01-17-2008, 11:05 PM

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Why do you even know what that is??

hermhater
01-17-2008, 11:07 PM
I have some Metallica on the IPOD...but currently I'm chillin' with my Jazz mix...little John Coltrane, lotta Miles Davis...

I don't have an iPod.

My son has one of those Touch ones though.

It's pretty friggin' cool.

16GB and the interface is wicked!

prough91
01-17-2008, 11:08 PM
Why do you even know what that is??

Because my wife has that stupid song as her ring tone. That or a song from one of the shows my son watches.

Canada
01-17-2008, 11:09 PM
Because my wife has that stupid song as her ring tone. That or a song from one of the shows my son watches.

mmm hmmmm

rbedgood
01-18-2008, 01:37 AM

Side laugh...

I changed the ring tone on my wife's phone to Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing" and then proceeded to call her phone when she was at her women's bible study on Tuesday morning. :lol: :lol: :lol:

hermhater
01-18-2008, 01:40 AM
Side laugh...

I changed the ring tone on my wife's phone to Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing" and then proceeded to call her phone when she was at her women's bible study on Tuesday morning. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that is just too funny!

Did she blush?

:bananen_smilies046:

Lars Ulrich
01-18-2008, 01:41 AM
......Vote Democrat!!!

Canada
01-18-2008, 01:42 AM
My buddy has a phone that tells you who is calling through caller ID, so I changed my name on his phone to "you suck balls" so when I called him his phone told him he sucks balls

hermhater
01-18-2008, 01:43 AM
My buddy has a phone that tells you who is calling through caller ID, so I changed my name on his phone to "you suck balls" so when I called him his phone told him he sucks balls

Even funnier!

I'm gonna call you now!

Canada
01-18-2008, 01:43 AM
Even funnier!

I'm gonna call you now!

i'm at work and i dont want to talk to anyone right now

hermhater
01-18-2008, 01:44 AM
i'm at work and i dont want to talk to anyone right now

OK, I hung up.

rbedgood
01-18-2008, 01:55 AM
Now that is just too funny!

Did she blush?

She would've but its actually one in a long string of practical jokes I've played with her cell phone....

I still think "Me so Horny" going off during our Rehearsal Dinner was a classic.

hermhater
01-18-2008, 02:00 AM
Hef is on Jimmy right now.

No more posting of copyrighted material, so go and watch it yourself.

hermhater
01-18-2008, 02:01 AM
She would've but its actually one in a long string of practical jokes I've played with her cell phone....

I still think "Me so Horny" going off during our Rehearsal Dinner was a classic.

I'll bet life around your home is pretty eventful!

I think you have a great home life and envy you Rich!

rbedgood
01-18-2008, 02:06 AM
I'll bet life around your home is pretty eventful!

I think you have a great home life and envy you Rich!

My wife gets a little sick of my humor at times, but I am training my young apprentice (3 year old son) so soon I will just watch and laugh as he grows into his own.

hermhater
01-18-2008, 02:09 AM
My wife gets a little sick of my humor at times, but I am training my young apprentice (3 year old son) so soon I will just watch and laugh as he grows into his own.

That is part of the dynamic that makes a great relationship.

I doubt you are doing anything detrimental to your marriage, just being a regular guy.

rbedgood
01-18-2008, 02:17 AM
That is part of the dynamic that makes a great relationship.

I doubt you are doing anything detrimental to your marriage, just being a regular guy.

Nahh...my wife and I get along really well. We'll be married 9 years in April.

hermhater
01-18-2008, 02:18 AM
Nahh...my wife and I get along really well. We'll be married 9 years in April.

You're doing it right then youngster!

Pro_Angler
01-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Move herm to Carls spot and Coward to herms

hermhater
01-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Move herm to Carls spot and Coward to herms

Move Herm to Denver, or San Diego!