Year Team R/Rush R/Pass R/Total

1990 Denver 14/117.0 7/208.8 8/325.8

1996 Pittsburgh 2/143.7 27/177.6 15/321.3

1997 Pittsburgh 1/154.9 23/191.4 6/346.4

2000 Miami 14/118.4 27/160.4 26/278.8

2001 Miami 23/104.0 19/197.3 21/301.3

McLovin
01-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Dont know yet but this guy looks impressive, also Cowher is a fan of his (he was Offensive Coordinator for Cowher). This looks like a great pick. Hope it pans out. It does look like he runs run heavy teams, so this may well be a good fit as well.

Canada
01-17-2008, 07:59 PM
I got no problem with a run heavy team, as long as the runis effective. Hopefully he can help move the ball. I don't see why everyone is so down on they guy other than it is something new to complain about!

McLovin
01-17-2008, 08:05 PM
I got no problem with a run heavy team, as long as the runis effective. Hopefully he can help move the ball. I don't see why everyone is so down on they guy other than it is something new to complain about!

I think everyone is just about broken at this point. I had very little optimism for the team for next year, but as long as Hermie will leave this guy alone and let him do his job this could be a great pickup.

I am officially on the Chiefs SuperBowl 2009 bandwagon. LOL GO CHIEFS.

Canada
01-17-2008, 08:07 PM
I think everyone is just about broken at this point. I had very little optimism for the team for next year, but as long as Hermie will leave this guy alone and let him do his job this could be a great pickup.

I am officially on the Chiefs SuperBowl 2009 bandwagon. LOL GO CHIEFS.

Hey...Don't forget to line up for the official Chiefs SuperBowl 2008 bandwagon first my friend!! :bananen_smilies046: Even if they don't win there is plenty of beer along the way!! :drunkhb:

McLovin
01-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Hey...Don't forget to line up for the official Chiefs SuperBowl 2008 bandwagon first my friend!! :bananen_smilies046: Even if they don't win there is plenty of beer along the way!! :drunkhb:

That would be the Chiefs Super Bowl run 2008, Chiefs Super Bowl Feb 2009. I'm fairly sure that Chiefs wont make the Super Bowl in 2008. Dont think that the 8 teams left will allow that. And I will be drinking the fee Ice Tea at work, but I do this to save the beer for you Canada. :yahoo:

Canada
01-17-2008, 08:13 PM
That would be the Chiefs Super Bowl run 2008, Chiefs Super Bowl Feb 2009. I'm fairly sure that Chiefs wont make the Super Bowl in 2008. Dont think that the 8 teams left will allow that. And I will be drinking the fee Ice Tea at work, but I do this to save the beer for you Canada. :yahoo:

Ok, I thought you were writing next year off. And those other 8 teams will do what I tell them. They are all sissy teams left anyways. Except maybe Favre.

P.S. I think there are only 4 teams left now, but your secret is safe with me!! :bananen_smilies046:

McLovin
01-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Ok, I thought you were writing next year off. And those other 8 teams will do what I tell them. They are all sissy teams left anyways. Except maybe Favre.

P.S. I think there are only 4 teams left now, but your secret is safe with me!! :bananen_smilies046:

Oooops, shows how much I have paid attention to the playoffs this year.

The last game I watched was the Chiefs lose to the Jets. After that I have been too busy to do much of anything.

At this point I am rooting for San Diego (and I feel really really dirty about that) to beat the snot out of Brady and the Pats. Then for Favre to beat Whining Manning to a pulp then the Packers go on to win the Super Bowl.

Come on off season acquisitions, draft day, preseason, and opening day. It cant come fast enough.

hermhater
01-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Oooops, shows how much I have paid attention to the playoffs this year.

The last game I watched was the Chiefs lose to the Jets. After that I have been too busy to do much of anything.

At this point I am rooting for San Diego (and I feel really really dirty about that) to beat the snot out of Brady and the Pats. Then for Favre to beat Whining Manning to a pulp then the Packers go on to win the Super Bowl.

Come on off season acquisitions, draft day, preseason, and opening day. It cant come fast enough.

You can say that again!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

prough91
01-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Wow, that resume is offensive.

chief31
01-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Wow, that resume is offensive.

I don't like the run-heavy offense ecause it based on the fear of passing the ball, and league rules have been geared for the passing game.

Before the days of the sixty yard penalty and the automatic first down, I loved the run-heavy offensive philosophy.

But to rest your hopes on defense, which has been crippled by pass-interference rules, and the running game, which does not gain any 60 yard penalties with automatic first downs, seems a bit behind the times.

m0ef0e
01-18-2008, 12:36 PM
I don't like the run-heavy offense ecause it based on the fear of passing the ball, and league rules have been geared for the passing game.

Before the days of the sixty yard penalty and the automatic first down, I loved the run-heavy offensive philosophy.

But to rest your hopes on defense, which has been crippled by pass-interference rules, and the running game, which does not gain any 60 yard penalties with automatic first downs, seems a bit behind the times.

That's exactly why most of the best teams anymore tend to be pass-heavy. A rushing-oriented team has to be REALLY REALLY dominant on defense and have an extremely physicaly running attack in order to compete in the high-flying circus that the NFL has become.

DrunkHillbilly
01-18-2008, 12:47 PM

I hate that damn penalty!!! That is one thing I wish the NFL would follow the college game on. 15 yds! I also wish they would go to the overtime that college ball has. I am a pro sports guy but I like those two rules.

chief31
01-18-2008, 01:02 PM
I hate that damn penalty!!! That is one thing I wish the NFL would follow the college game on. 15 yds! I also wish they would go to the overtime that college ball has. I am a pro sports guy but I like those two rules.

Let there be no doubt, I hate those rules too. Defensive holding, on fourth and twenty-five, gives the offense five yards and an automatic first down. Why doesn't offensive holding cause an automatic fourth down?

Why doesn't offensive pass-interference get measured off by the distance from the distance from the line of scrimmage? If it happened fourty yards downfield, then it is a fourty yard penalty against the offense, and an automatic fourth down.

I hate the rules, but they are there, and if we refuse to take advantage of them, then the rest of the league will, and they will gladly leave us behind.

hermhater
01-18-2008, 08:50 PM

With the talent at the NFL level at wide receiver DB's would be tripping, punching, and just plain tackling WR's if they were gonna get beat deep EVERY time, so I like that rule.

The O.T. rule I agree needs to be changed.

chief31
01-19-2008, 08:01 AM
With the talent at the NFL level at wide receiver DB's would be tripping, punching, and just plain tackling WR's if they were gonna get beat deep EVERY time, so I like that rule.

The O.T. rule I agree needs to be changed.

Current WRs only appear to be so talented because noone is allowed to cover them. Jerry Rice used to have to beat coverage.

Then, rather the reciever would have been able to catch that deep ball, or not, the rules go ahead and assume that he would have.

It's not that pass-interference shouldn't exist, but that the rule too stringnt in the way that it penalizes the defense. (No penalty should be for sixty yards) and that the refs are not calling it right.

Did you happen to see the Steelers/Jags playoff game, a couple of weeks ago? The Steelers were looking at fourth and goal, and ran a pass play. Hines Ward ran directly to the Jags' CB, grabbed his facemask, yanked it down, (pulling the defender into him) and just held onto the facemask until the ball was coming, then let go, to try and catch a TD.

Hines didn't catch the TD, but the Steelers were awarded an automatic first down, for pass interference against the defender.

Also, if a defensive player is called for PI fourty yards downfield, then it becomes a fourty yard penalty, with an automatic first down. Whereas, if, by some miracle, a WR is called for OPI fourty yards downfield, it is a whopping ten yard penalty.

The rule is too one-sided.

hermhater
01-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Current WRs only appear to be so talented because noone is allowed to cover them. Jerry Rice used to have to beat coverage.

Then, rather the reciever would have been able to catch that deep ball, or not, the rules go ahead and assume that he would have.

It's not that pass-interference shouldn't exist, but that the rule too stringnt in the way that it penalizes the defense. (No penalty should be for sixty yards) and that the refs are not calling it right.

Did you happen to see the Steelers/Jags playoff game, a couple of weeks ago? The Steelers were looking at fourth and goal, and ran a pass play. Hines Ward ran directly to the Jags' CB, grabbed his facemask, yanked it down, (pulling the defender into him) and just held onto the facemask until the ball was coming, then let go, to try and catch a TD.

Hines didn't catch the TD, but the Steelers were awarded an automatic first down, for pass interference against the defender.

Also, if a defensive player is called for PI fourty yards downfield, then it becomes a fourty yard penalty, with an automatic first down. Whereas, if, by some miracle, a WR is called for OPI fourty yards downfield, it is a whopping ten yard penalty.

The rule is too one-sided.

Well exciting games sell tickets, and excitement means scoring.

I like high scoring offensives myself, and I know there are a lot of others that do as well.

I have read a lot of folks here saying that low scoring defensive struggles are exciting, but I just don't get it.

chief31
01-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Well exciting games sell tickets, and excitement means scoring.

I like high scoring offensives myself, and I know there are a lot of others that do as well.

I have read a lot of folks here saying that low scoring defensive struggles are exciting, but I just don't get it.

I prefer a high-scoring offense myself, but I prefer to see offense, not 40-60 yard penalties. I prefer to see the offense earn it.

Pro_Angler
01-19-2008, 06:22 PM
other then the guy is like 70 years old .. I dont know why we didnt even try to get the guy that went to baltimore?? or cameron.

hermhater
01-19-2008, 10:13 PM
other then the guy is like 70 years old .. I dont know why we didnt even try to get the guy that went to baltimore?? or cameron.

Herm doesn't want someone he can't push around on the team.