PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Surtain

rhino17
01-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Is this guy still good?

I am doing an nfl re-draft and was considering taking him to be on my team. Or has he shown signs of aging?

hermhater
01-17-2008, 05:36 PM
While some people on this site will tell you he is worth a damn, I am not one of them.

I would never take him!

PawnshopMarimba
01-17-2008, 05:49 PM
HH is right. Pass on Surtain. He has the awareness, and can still jump on a short route every now and then, but throw the ball downfield on him and he's toast.

rhino17
01-17-2008, 06:41 PM
ok, I just need a #2 corner. My secondary right now is Rodney Harrison, Will Demps, and Charles Woodson. We're in the 20th round right now (25 total). So he's not a capable #2?

hermhater
01-17-2008, 06:45 PM
ok, I just need a #2 corner. My secondary right now is Rodney Harrison, Will Demps, and Charles Woodson. We're in the 20th round right now (25 total). So he's not a capable #2?

Again I would say no.

And again others on the site would disagree with me.

I hope he isn't even a Chief next year.

And I hope he takes T(ripp)y Law with him too.

YZILLA
01-17-2008, 07:14 PM
All harris would be good for a second guy. Surtan and Law will not be back as a chief next year unless something dramatic changes.

rhino17
01-17-2008, 07:17 PM
the best remaining dbs look like Deltha O'neal (Bengals), Cedric Griffin (Vikings), Fred Bennett (Texans), Houston (Falcons), and Surtain

who would ya'll chose?

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 07:56 PM
If you are in Madden doing a re-draft for "franchise mode" you can pretty much ignore what happened on the field this year. Surtain will be good for the game, but I'd rather go with Cedric Griffin and spend time working on his catching skills in mini-camp on the game. He'll work out fine for you.

hermhater
01-17-2008, 08:02 PM
I was wondering what you were up to rhino.

I didn't realize this was for Madden. The game probably has Surtain set up with some pretty good skills, though in real life he gets burned by turtles!

rhino17
01-17-2008, 09:24 PM
no, its not madden its just on another sports website, actually, Surtain is gone now, same with griffin, so I think i'm gonna go with deltha o'neal

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 09:29 PM
O'neal was probably best from the rest of that list...

Lazeye
01-17-2008, 10:01 PM
I hope he isn't even a Chief next year.

And I hope he takes T(ripp)y Law with him too.
I AGREE they both suck maybe nto in the good old days but they shoould both retire.

Canada
01-17-2008, 10:05 PM
I AGREE they both suck maybe nto in the good old days but they shoould both retire.

Or go to SF...either or!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
01-17-2008, 10:07 PM

Screw that, send them to Denver, and we get Champ Bailey!

:11:

Canada
01-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Screw that, send them to Denver, and we get Chump Bailey!

:11:

FYP!! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
01-17-2008, 10:13 PM
FYP!! :bananen_smilies046:

Say what you will about him, he's friggin' awesome.

I would trade half our D for him!

(Not Jared though!)

:bananen_smilies046:

rbedgood
01-17-2008, 10:42 PM

Thanks but we have two good corners (Clements and Harris)...of course if we had any sort of offense, or more than one Linebacker, or a pass rush that might help...but we have two good DBs...

Canada
01-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Say what you will about him, he's friggin' awesome.

I would trade half our D for him!

(Not Jared though!)

:bananen_smilies046:

I will still take Tony G against him any day!!

hermhater
01-18-2008, 02:20 AM
I will still take Tony G against him any day!!

I agree!

Tony G can out jump any corner in the league!

(Hope your night is getting better man!)

Canada
01-18-2008, 02:24 AM
I agree!

Tony G can out jump any corner in the league!

(Hope your night is getting better man!)

its not

rbedgood
01-18-2008, 02:41 AM
Okay...I hate to say it, but now I'm looking at every poster who has less than about 50 posts as a plausible TimSatt alias. Time for me to take a break...and TimSatt, if you read this you *****, don't bother sending me another PM...have the balls to spread your message publicly...

hermhater
01-18-2008, 02:56 AM
Okay...I hate to say it, but now I'm looking at every poster who has less than about 50 posts as a plausible TimSatt alias. Time for me to take a break...and TimSatt, if you read this you *****, don't bother sending me another PM...have the balls to spread your message publicly...

Glad to see you come around Jerry Fletcher!

:lol:

It has become a sort of game for me to "Spot the New timsatt".

I still don't believe timsatt1 was the original poster.

There are more that have been having discussions without repercussions, he just uses offensiveness to get more attention.

At least I do it blatantly with my own username!

Northcountry68
01-18-2008, 09:19 AM
Both law and surtain had great careers at one time. But now age has taken its toll.

chief31
01-18-2008, 10:02 AM
I don't have a big problem with either of those guys. Yes, we need some youth in the mix, but I didn't see them as any kind of major liabilities to our defense this season.

A few missed tackles, and getting beat deep a couple of times happens to most CBs in the NFL.

And getting beat deep should reflect more on the Safeties than on the CBs, IMO.

But I would not be surprised to see either one of them go. Not both, but either one. Especially Surtain, due to his contract, and the fact that he was here when Herm got here.

m0ef0e
01-18-2008, 12:00 PM
I don't have a big problem with either of those guys. Yes, we need some youth in the mix, but I didn't see them as any kind of major liabilities to our defense this season.

A few missed tackles, and getting beat deep a couple of times happens to most CBs in the NFL.

And getting beat deep should reflect more on the Safeties than on the CBs, IMO.

But I would not be surprised to see either one of them go. Not both, but either one. Especially Surtain, due to his contract, and the fact that he was here when Herm got here.

Especially when you are dropping the safties back into cover 2 alot. The Packers' receiving corps made our safties look BAD when we played them.