PDA

View Full Version : Mock drafts.

chief31
01-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Ahhhhh. I like the way this guy drafts for our Chiefs. It is only two rounds, but I love the way that he has things working out.

http://www.draftconnection.com/nfl/mock-draft.php

For the second round, go to picks 33-42, at the bottom of the page.

He has the Chiefs taking two OTs. A bit of exaggeration perhaps, but I would love to see two of our first three picks dedicated to the offensive line. Maybe a guard instead of a tackle, but then many college OTs become OGs in the NFL.

Ideally, I would want an OT, then a CB, and then an OG. (aside from any trade-down scenarios that would bring us extra first day picks, and disregarding any free agents.)

m0ef0e
01-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Sounds good to me.

texaschief
01-18-2008, 01:31 PM
there's no way Jake Long falls to #4. I really wish someone would make a mock draft that doesn't have the Chiefs taking Long or Ryan, cuz neither are going to happen.

Personally, I think if the Dolphins take Dorsey or Chris Long #1, you're going to see the Chiefs trade their pick to the Dallas Cowboys so they can draft Darrin Mcfadden.

We'll probably be picking at #28, #36, #59 then again at #68.

Unless Dorsey or Chris/Jake Long is still sitting on the board when the #5 pick comes up, I honestly can't see the Chiefs drafting at the #5 pick.

I think it's obvious that the Boys are looking to draft a franchinse RB and will be looking to trade up. Hopefully Peterson can get a big package to give up that #5 pick....but at the same time not ask for the moon and scare everyone off. We all know Peterson prides himself on being a shrewd negotiator. I really think that's why we never make trades and when we do, it takes months for them to happen.

DrunkHillbilly
01-18-2008, 01:43 PM
there's no way Jake Long falls to #4. I really wish someone would make a mock draft that doesn't have the Chiefs taking Long or Ryan, cuz neither are going to happen.

Personally, I think if the Dolphins take Dorsey or Chris Long #1, you're going to see the Chiefs trade their pick to the Dallas Cowboys so they can draft Darrin Mcfadden.

Unless Dorsey or Chris/Jake Long is still sitting on the board when the #5 pick comes up, I honestly can't see the Chiefs drafting at the #5 pick.

I think it's obvious that the Boys are looking to draft a franchinse RB and will be looking to trade up. Hopefully Peterson can get a big package to give up that #5 pick....but at the same time not ask for the moon and scare everyone off. We all know Peterson prides himself on being a shrewd negotiator. I really think that's why we never make trades and when we do, it takes months for them to happen.
What's wrong with Marion Barber? He will be the Boys starting RB and a good one at that. Dallas will not take McFadden unless he is there when they are on the clock but I doubt that will be the case.

texaschief
01-18-2008, 01:46 PM
What's wrong with Marion Barber? He will be the Boys starting RB and a good one at that. Dallas will not take McFadden unless he is there when they are on the clock but I doubt that will be the case.

Marion Barber is a FA. I don't think Rosenhaus will allow him NOT to test the market.

chief31
01-18-2008, 01:49 PM

By the draft pick trade value chart, that would have us givving up 1700 pts, for 970 pts.

I wonder if the Bengals might be interested in moving up. They pick ninth overall. If they were to add their third round pick, and maybe a sixth rounder, then we would be very close to an equal trade.

Then, maybe we could start talks with the Vikings, at seventeen.

Seventeen would be an ideal spot to move to. I believe that Sam Baker, Jeff Otah, and Gosder Cherilus would still be availale. (All are offensive tackles.)

Since I am sold on our dire need for an OT, and I doubt that OT Jake Long falls to us, seventeen is the spot that I would have my eye on. Especially since it one spot ahead of the Houston Texans. Who, rather they know it or not, need an offensive tackle pretty badly too.

In the process of making the two trades to get there, we would accumulate, at least, a couple of extra picks. Which I think we need, considering the rest of the teams needs.

texaschief
01-18-2008, 01:55 PM
By the draft pick trade value chart, that would have us givving up 1700 pts, for 970 pts.

I wonder if the Bengals might be interested in moving up. They pick ninth overall. If they were to add their third round pick, and maybe a sixth rounder, then we would be very close to an equal trade.

Then, maybe we could start talks with the Vikings, at seventeen.

Seventeen would be an ideal spot to move to. I believe that Sam Baker, Jeff Otah, and Gosder Cherilus would still be availale. (All are offensive tackles.)

Since I am sold on our dire need for an OT, and I doubt that OT Jake Long falls to us, seventeen is the spot that I would have my eye on. Especially since it one spot ahead of the Houston Texans. Who, rather they know it or not, need an offensive tackle pretty badly too.

In the process of making the two trades to get there, we would accumulate, at least, a couple of extra picks. Which I think we need, considering the rest of the teams needs.

yeah, it would be interesting to see what it's going to take for Dallas to jump that far. I know it would take more than a first and second rounder...but those were just the ones i was talking about.

Perhaps the Chiefs and Cowboys could pull off a 3 way trade that would net the Chiefs a pair of 1st rounders plus other additional picks.

I agree, somewhere in the teens would be ideal for picking an OL or two. It would be nice to see the Chiefs take two OL in the first so they can take a CB or WR with their first 2nd rd. pick.

prough91
01-18-2008, 01:56 PM
]there's no way Jake Long falls to #4.[/B] I really wish someone would make a mock draft that doesn't have the Chiefs taking Long or Ryan, cuz neither are going to happen.

Never say never in the NFL draft. Everyone, especially all the draft "experts", were suprised when Quinn fell as far as he did last year. There are huge surprises every year.

chief31
01-18-2008, 01:59 PM
yeah, it would be interesting to see what it's going to take for Dallas to jump that far. I know it would take more than a first and second rounder...but those were just the ones i was talking about.

Perhaps the Chiefs and Cowboys could pull off a 3 way trade that would net the Chiefs a pair of 1st rounders plus other additional picks.

I agree, somewhere in the teens would be ideal for picking an OL or two. It would be nice to see the Chiefs take two OL in the first so they can take a CB or WR with their first 2nd rd. pick.

I would be more than willing to use our second pick on a defensive player. (Most likely a CB) Because offensive guards rarely start moving off the board in the first round, Even the early second round, where our current 2nd pick/hypothetical third pick would be. That would allow us to get a first round OT, a first round CB, and an early second round OG. That would definitely make me a happy Chiefs fan. :D

texaschief
01-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Never say never in the NFL draft. Everyone, especially all the draft "experts", were suprised when Quinn fell as far as he did last year. There are huge surprises every year.

I think SOME were suprised that the best QB in the draft fell THAT far, but if he had been in any other draft class, he would've been picked around where he was. IMO

He didn't exactly light it up at Notre Dame

prough91
01-18-2008, 02:03 PM
I think SOME were suprised that the best QB in the draft fell THAT far, but if he had been in any other draft class, he would've been picked around where he was. IMO

All I know is, all the ESPN analysts and then later the analysts on the NFL Network all acted like they were shocked he fell that far.

chief31
01-18-2008, 02:05 PM

There was also the drop of DT Alan Branch to the second round. He had been projected as a top-ten, even top-five pick in most mock drafts.

And who woulda thought that Ted Ginn Jr. was going to be taken at no.9? Lol.

texaschief
01-18-2008, 02:08 PM
All I know is, all the ESPN analysts and then later the analysts on the NFL Network all acted like they were shocked he fell that far.

well, that's the reason they work for television networks and aren't scouts for pro teams. Quinn was all hype before the draft. He didn't do much at Notre Dame.

Speaking of the Browns though, is there any interest on this board in going after a QB already in the league? I wouldn't mind talking to the Browns about Anderson or going after Quinn Gray in free agency. I just don't like how fragile Croyle is. O-line aside, this guy has bad knees and gets knicked up too easily.

prough91
01-18-2008, 02:09 PM
There was also the drop of DT Alan Branch to the second round. He had been projected as a top-ten, even top-five pick in most mock drafts.

And who woulda thought that Ted Ginn Jr. was going to be taken at no.9? Lol.

You will never, ever find me arguing about draft picks. I don't watch college football, unless it's Mizzou, and they're never on any channels I get. Unless they're mentioned on ESPN I've never heard of 80% of them. I need to regress, if people say something like we need to take a LB or something and I think we need an OT, I'll argue then.

chief31
01-18-2008, 02:17 PM
well, that's the reason they work for television networks and aren't scouts for pro teams. Quinn was all hype before the draft. He didn't do much at Notre Dame.

Speaking of the Browns though, is there any interest on this board in going after a QB already in the league? I wouldn't mind talking to the Browns about Anderson or going after Quinn Gray in free agency. I just don't like how fragile Croyle is. O-line aside, this guy has bad knees and gets knicked up too easily.

Anderson is an interesting case. The Browns have a very expensive Brady Quinn on their roster, and Anderson is set to be an unrestricted. (I believe)

Do the Browns even bother to get in on the bidding for Anderson? Or do they go ahead and move forward with their expensive young QB?

As far as answering your question... I am not totally against the idea, but I don't think that it is a totally necassary move.

We already have Croyle. (Like him or not.) Then we have another young QB in Thigpen. (I don't know too much about him.) And I still like Damon Huard as the teams backup.

So I wouldn't be to thrilled about going out after a QB, myself.

texaschief
01-18-2008, 02:19 PM
You will never, ever find me arguing about draft picks. I don't watch college football, unless it's Mizzou, and they're never on any channels I get. Unless they're mentioned on ESPN I've never heard of 80% of them. I need to regress, if people say something like we need to take a LB or something and I think we need an OT, I'll argue then.

Quinn was just the best QB option last year....Just like Ryan is the best option THIS year. Neither would be selected over Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Eli or Peyton or even Tim Tebow if he decided to step out early. Their projected draft position is a product of weak QB classes.

rbedgood
01-18-2008, 02:21 PM

It is still highly debateable as to whether Quinn was the top QB in his draft.

texaschief
01-18-2008, 02:22 PM
It is still highly debateable as to whether Quinn was the top QB in his draft.

Really? Kolb will be better? Who are you thinking?

rbedgood
01-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Really? Kolb will be better? Who are you thinking?

Canada won't like my answer...but I think Edwards will have a nice career, and Quinn reminds me a bit of Ryan Leaf.

texaschief
01-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Canada won't like my answer...but I think Edwards will have a nice career, and Quinn reminds me a bit of Ryan Leaf.

Edwards?

I think Quinn has more heart and gumption than Leaf did. I don't see him quitting or getting "show shock." Leaf had great talent. He just choked.

rbedgood
01-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Edwards?

I think Quinn has more heart and gumption than Leaf did. I don't see him quitting or getting "show shock." Leaf had great talent. He just choked.

I like Edwards and I also like Kolb out of last years draft. I don't dislike Quinn, I'm just not sold on him as a complete guy.

chief31
01-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Edwards?

Nice sig. :lol:

Quinn looked awefully good in the limited time that he got to play during the preseason. And with the addition of Joe Thomas, The Browns were able to improve their left tackle position, but that one single player upgraded two more positions on their offensive line. Kevin Shaffer, the teams previous LT, moved to RT, and Ryan Tucker, the teams previous RT moved into the RG spot.

That is the reason that I value the LT position so highly. A true upgrade at that single spot can improve every position on your offense.

By upgrading positions on the entire offensive line, you will definitely improve the play from whatever QB and RB you have playing. Also, if your QB is playing better, then your recievers are going to get more opportunities, and generally produce much more.

If, hypothetically, the Chiefs were to be lucky enough to land Ryan Long, and he winds-up being nearly as good as Joe Thomas, then all of a sudden, we have a very good LT, and a pretty good RT too.

Granted, we did not have a servicable RT that could move to the inside of the O-line, but that one player has already improved two positions.

Then you have to factor in the fact that interior linemen no longer have to "help" the OTs in pass-protection, and the OTs are now more capable of "helping" those interior linemen.

Not to mention the improvements that would follow, from the RB, QB, WR and TE positions, due to an overall improved offensive line. Such as opening better holes in the running game, and allowing a QB to relax for even a split-second more than before.

hermhater
01-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Sure wish I knew more about college ball so I could join in here guys, but keep it up because I am reading everything typed and learning a lot from you guys!

:sign0098:

texaschief
01-18-2008, 03:19 PM

Quinn looked awefully good in the limited time that he got to play during the preseason. And with the addition of Joe Thomas, The Browns were able to improve their left tackle position, but that one single player upgraded two more positions on their offensive line. Kevin Shaffer, the teams previous LT, moved to RT, and Ryan Tucker, the teams previous RT moved into the RG spot.

That is the reason that I value the LT position so highly. A true upgrade at that single spot can improve every position on your offense.

By upgrading positions on the entire offensive line, you will definitely improve the play from whatever QB and RB you have playing. Also, if your QB is playing better, then your recievers are going to get more opportunities, and generally produce much more.

If, hypothetically, the Chiefs were to be lucky enough to land Ryan Long, and he winds-up being nearly as good as Joe Thomas, then all of a sudden, we have a very good LT, and a pretty good RT too.

Granted, we did not have a servicable RT that could move to the inside of the O-line, but that one player has already improved two positions.

Then you have to factor in the fact that interior linemen no longer have to "help" the OTs in pass-protection, and the OTs are now more capable of "helping" those interior linemen.

Not to mention the improvements that would follow, from the RB, QB, WR and TE positions, due to an overall improved offensive line. Such as opening better holes in the running game, and allowing a QB to relax for even a split-second more than before.

I would honestly be shocked if we saw anyone from this year's line other than Waters return. Maybe McIntosh and Taylor as backups, but i could see the entire line being new next season. I also think Lilja will be a part of that line as well.

rbedgood
01-18-2008, 06:56 PM

First of all, thanks on the sig...I made it when I first joined the site. When I first joined I was actually digging for information on LJ's holdout as a fantasy football nutcase (self-admitted)...but have since fallen into the crowd as a great place to discuss football.

Next, I think you are referring to OT Jake Long, not Ryan...assuming so, you are right, the upgrade of Jake Long would improve a few other positions...not only would it improve the LT and RT, but also you'd have an entire side of the line that would be dominant to run behind (Waters/Long), and forcing the defense to stack that side of the line, opens up the other side. (See Minnesota)...

Quinn did look pretty good in the preseason, and I'm not saying he won't be a good NFL QB...I just don't think he'll be the best of his class.

DrunkHillbilly
01-18-2008, 07:25 PM
First of all, thanks on the sig...I made it when I first joined the site. When I first joined I was actually digging for information on LJ's holdout as a fantasy football nutcase (self-admitted)...but have since fallen into the crowd as a great place to discuss football.

Next, I think you are referring to OT Jake Long, not Ryan...assuming so, you are right, the upgrade of Jake Long would improve a few other positions...not only would it improve the LT and RT, but also you'd have an entire side of the line that would be dominant to run behind (Waters/Long), and forcing the defense to stack that side of the line, opens up the other side. (See Minnesota)...

Quinn did look pretty good in the preseason, and I'm not saying he won't be a good NFL QB...I just don't think he'll be the best of his class.
From all the mock ups I have read, they still aren't sure where Jake Long will be best suited in the NFL. Left or right. So it may be hard to say how he will improve other positions until that is determined.

hermhater
01-18-2008, 07:32 PM

I think chief31 was actually referring to texaschief for his "Villain at play" sig, for starting up the trade JA, TG, LJ thread, but I have always liked your sig.

I liked Montana (as I'm sure everyone in the sports world) even before he became a Chiefs.

He was as classy as they come.

I also like those commercials for "Joe's Diner" the NFL Network has going.

garciakcfan
01-19-2008, 12:38 AM
Chief31 I think for the first time we agree on something.. If you can control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball you can win a lot of games. Left Tackle is such a vital position in football.. Bump Mcintosh over to right and draft a stud

Chiefster
01-19-2008, 01:22 AM
If Carl and Herm were in charge they would trade down.

chief31
01-19-2008, 06:33 AM

I must have been more tired than I realized. Lol. I did mean Jake Long.

Also, for hillbilly, I mentioned "if he winds-up being nearly as good as Joe Thomas" meaning that no draft pick is a sure thing.

But, I think he stands a better chance of starting at LT as a Chief, than he might with other teams, because of the lack of competition that we currently have for him.

Although, I think that MacIntosh was plenty good enough to start at RT and do a good job for us.

Coach
01-19-2008, 03:08 PM
These arguments will continue until draft day. Here are my thoughts.

Even though Atlanta could possibly beat us out of the 4th pick, they almost certainly will pick a QB. So I am going to eliminate them from the consideration since we won't be drafting a QB.

So this means that we only have to worry about Miami, St. Louis, and Oakland taking Jake Long.

Miami:
I think Miami has bigger issues than LT, but they are also in a rebuilding phase and might want to begin building an O-line that can protect their 2nd rd pick from last year, QB John Beck from BYU. They currently have Vernon Carey at LT who is only 26 and has played well. I have not read much bad about him on the phins boards that I have visited. I think most fans feel there are more pressing needs on this team. I say there is slim chance that they would spend the pick on Long. I predict no more than a 25% chance that Dolphins would take Jake Long.

St.Louis:
Orlando Pace is aging and is a big question mark. They could use an OT. But they need a DE more. Especially if Orlando Pace makes a full recovery in the off-season. So likely, if Chris Long is there, then the Rams will take him. When things get interesting is if the Dolphins decided to take Chris Long with the 1st pick. Then Dorsey would fall to the Rams. But the Rams just moved Adam Karriker to DT and he has played well there. Now they would ask him to move back to DE. Most fans feel like it would not be a good idea to move Karriker again. So what possibly could happen would be St. Louis then taking Jake Long instead of Dorsey. 49% chance that St. Louis Rams will take Jake Long.

Oakland:
Al Davis has to love the pickle that Carl Peterson and the Chiefs are in. He knows that they are hoping and praying for Jake Long to fall into their laps. Al Davis can singlehandedly crush those hopes and I am sure he would love to do so. They also spent their #1 draft pick last year on a QB named JaMarcus Russell. So spending a pick on an a good OT isn't a bad idea if you want to protect your QB investment. But I think the Chiefs have a few things working in their favor. First of all, the team needs help on defense. If they were going to spend a pick on offense, I think they would have to look seriously at taking Darren McFadden(RB) who is regarded by most as being the best player in this year's draft. Having JaMarcus Russell and Darren McFadden could be the beginning of something huge for the Faders. The Raiders also spent a 1st rd'er in 2004 on OT Robert Gallery. He has been a bust for the most part so they may feel a little gun shy about going after another tackle with this high of a pick. It really is a pick of want/need/consequence. I don't think the Raiders will take Jake Long, but I wouldn't put it past Al Davis to do it just for the reasons I have already mentioned. If Dorsey and Chris Long are both off the board, I think there is a 50% shot they would take Jake Long. If either Dorsey or Chris Long are still on the board, there is less than a 10% chance they would take Jake Long.

Chiefs:
If Jake Long is still available I think the Chiefs would be stupid not to run to the podium. But they continue to make stupid decisions regarding the offensive line. I don't think even they could screw this up though.

I get a little nervous about taking Jake Long with this high of a pick. But most regard him as the best OT in the draft. And I think we all agree that the Chiefs need to spend some early draft picks on the OL. My ideal draft would be something like OL,CB,OL,WR,S,Def.

There you have it. My opinion. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

hermhater
01-19-2008, 03:28 PM

Even though Atlanta could possibly beat us out of the 4th pick, they almost certainly will pick a QB. So I am going to eliminate them from the consideration since we won't be drafting a QB.

So this means that we only have to worry about Miami, St. Louis, and Oakland taking Jake Long.

Miami:
I think Miami has bigger issues than LT, but they are also in a rebuilding phase and might want to begin building an O-line that can protect their 2nd rd pick from last year, QB John Beck from BYU. They currently have Vernon Carey at LT who is only 26 and has played well. I have not read much bad about him on the phins boards that I have visited. I think most fans feel there are more pressing needs on this team. I say there is slim chance that they would spend the pick on Long. I predict no more than a 25% chance that Dolphins would take Jake Long.

St.Louis:
Orlando Pace is aging and is a big question mark. They could use an OT. But they need a DE more. Especially if Orlando Pace makes a full recovery in the off-season. So likely, if Chris Long is there, then the Rams will take him. When things get interesting is if the Dolphins decided to take Chris Long with the 1st pick. Then Dorsey would fall to the Rams. But the Rams just moved Adam Karriker to DT and he has played well there. Now they would ask him to move back to DE. Most fans feel like it would not be a good idea to move Karriker again. So what possibly could happen would be St. Louis then taking Jake Long instead of Dorsey. 49% chance that St. Louis Rams will take Jake Long.

Oakland:
Al Davis has to love the pickle that Carl Peterson and the Chiefs are in. He knows that they are hoping and praying for Jake Long to fall into their laps. Al Davis can singlehandedly crush those hopes and I am sure he would love to do so. They also spent their #1 draft pick last year on a QB named JaMarcus Russell. So spending a pick on an a good OT isn't a bad idea if you want to protect your QB investment. But I think the Chiefs have a few things working in their favor. First of all, the team needs help on defense. If they were going to spend a pick on offense, I think they would have to look seriously at taking Darren McFadden(RB) who is regarded by most as being the best player in this year's draft. Having JaMarcus Russell and Darren McFadden could be the beginning of something huge for the Faders. The Raiders also spent a 1st rd'er in 2004 on OT Robert Gallery. He has been a bust for the most part so they may feel a little gun shy about going after another tackle with this high of a pick. It really is a pick of want/need/consequence. I don't think the Raiders will take Jake Long, but I wouldn't put it past Al Davis to do it just for the reasons I have already mentioned. If Dorsey and Chris Long are both off the board, I think there is a 50% shot they would take Jake Long. If either Dorsey or Chris Long are still on the board, there is less than a 10% chance they would take Jake Long.

Chiefs:
If Jake Long is still available I think the Chiefs would be stupid not to run to the podium. But they continue to make stupid decisions regarding the offensive line. I don't think even they could screw this up though.

I get a little nervous about taking Jake Long with this high of a pick. But most regard him as the best OT in the draft. And I think we all agree that the Chiefs need to spend some early draft picks on the OL. My ideal draft would be something like OL,CB,OL,WR,S,Def.

Nice thoughts Coach, especially about Al Davis wanting to do anything he can to hurt the Chiefs.

chief31
01-19-2008, 03:57 PM

Miami:

St.Louis:

Oakland:

Chiefs:

I agree with every word here. Hopefully, C.P will be prepared for the idea that Long will be gone, and have some trade-down scenarios lined up.

If Long is gone, then that means that only two or three (Depending on if we get the no. four or five spot) other players will have been drafted. That improves the remaining-player-pool for those whom we would be interested in dealing with.

Pro_Angler
01-19-2008, 05:26 PM
I give a thumbs up for the first 20 draft picks. I thought we had 2 2nd round picks?? I guess we have several third?

I can see the chiefs trading down to an lower 1st for a additional 2nd pick. and maybe a thrid or 4th.

Pro_Angler
01-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Don't forget we need to address the WR and Corner positions as well. We need a good compliment to Bowe, we also need a tail back that can block.

And another QB. They neveer ever should have gotten rid of printers I liked him better then anyone on the roster.

bigmoneykc420
01-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Chiefs should take Josh Johnson at QB in the 3rd or 4th round (a little bit early according to projections) but he could be a great pick in the latter rounds.

rbedgood
01-21-2008, 10:27 AM
Don't forget we need to address the WR and Corner positions as well. We need a good compliment to Bowe, we also need a tail back that can block.

And another QB. They neveer ever should have gotten rid of printers I liked him better then anyone on the roster.

I think you can get a compliment to Bowe with your 2nd or 3rd round pick. I wouldn't be surprised with all the RB depth in this draft to see a WR like Devone Bess (Hawaii) or DeShaun Jackson (Cal) drop to mid 2nd round...

kcmostwanted
01-22-2008, 08:09 PM
the wr position isn't as deep as last year so i wouldn't expect anyone to drop too far...especially an electrifying player like D. Jackson from Cal. Although it would be nice to have him so he can help out our special teams.

hermhater
01-22-2008, 08:23 PM
the wr position isn't as deep as last year so i wouldn't expect anyone to drop too far...especially an electrifying player like D. Jackson from Cal. Although it would be nice to have him so he can help out our special teams.

Interesting...

Coach
01-23-2008, 02:02 AM

This team has many needs. I agree though that we need some depth at WR and CB. But only after we draft or acquire a top-tier O-lineman.

hermhater
01-23-2008, 02:10 AM
This team has many needs. I agree though that we need some depth at WR and CB. But only after we draft or acquire a top-tier O-lineman.

Word!

I want the team to go back to HIGH SCORING OFFENSE!!!

I believe we need the Defense to get MUCH better than they were under Vermiel, but we can't keep ignoring the O!!!!

:bananen_smilies046:

texaschief
01-23-2008, 02:15 AM
Word!

I want the team to go back to HIGH SCORING OFFENSE!!!

I believe we need the Defense to get MUCH better than they were under Vermiel, but we can't keep ignoring the O!!!!

I think the defense is already there. True, we need a couple Corners, but for the most part, the defense was there. They just quit after they were eliminated from contention. I'd be shocked if we weren't in the top 10 next season.

hermhater
01-23-2008, 02:27 AM
I think the defense is already there. True, we need a couple Corners, but for the most part, the defense was there. They just quit after they were eliminated from contention. I'd be shocked if we weren't in the top 10 next season.

Don't often do this but REP man!

Best post you've ever had!

texaschief
01-23-2008, 02:31 AM
Don't often do this but REP man!

Best post you've ever had!

really? this is the one you choose? :lol:

Just call me John Madden for my amazing grasp of the obvious. lmao

thanks for the rep though.

hermhater
01-23-2008, 02:33 AM
really? this is the one you choose? :lol:

Just call me John Madden for my amazing grasp of the obvious. lmao

thanks for the rep though.

All your other crap takes too long to read!

This was easier to give rep to!

(j/k)

Keep it up!

texaschief
01-23-2008, 02:38 AM
All your other crap takes too long to read!

and that's all it is too....don't waste your time. :lol:

texaschief
01-23-2008, 02:46 AM
back to the thread topic, who is the best OLB available in the draft? anyone? i don't feel like anymore research tonight. If he's a top 10 guy, i wouldn't mind drafting him at #5 if J.Long or Dorsey aren't still available.

I think Edwards is definitely on his way down. He isn't the guy who used to be here.

Coach
01-23-2008, 02:51 AM

I agree that the defense quit towards the end of the season.

hermhater
01-23-2008, 02:55 AM
back to the thread topic, who is the best OLB available in the draft? anyone? i don't feel like anymore research tonight. If he's a top 10 guy, i wouldn't mind drafting him at #5 if J.Long or Dorsey aren't still available.

I think Edwards is definitely on his way down. He isn't the guy who used to be here.

That is the least of our issues right now.

Edwards is on his way down (as we all are as we age) but we need to focus on the O line RIGHT NOW!!!

It is killing us!!

hermhater
01-23-2008, 02:58 AM
I agree that the defense quit towards the end of the season.

They didn't just quit at the end of the season, they quit at the end of the second half, when the figured out Herm wasn't gonna try to score anymore points!

texaschief
01-23-2008, 03:12 AM
That is the least of our issues right now.

Edwards is on his way down (as we all are as we age) but we need to focus on the O line RIGHT NOW!!!

It is killing us!!

I agree with this to a point. If you can't get a good trade down in the draft assuming J.Long doesn't fall to you, the Chiefs can't just take an OT who belongs in the teens or 20s at the #5 pick.

Every team in the league knows we want an OLineman which means they are going to try to get the #5 pick for as cheap as they possibly can. We can't go reaching for players or taking crappy trades just to get in position for an OT.

Taking a player at a different position is something that we should discuss because it's a VERY REAL possibility.

hermhater
01-23-2008, 03:17 AM
I agree with this to a point. If you can't get a good trade down in the draft assuming J.Long doesn't fall to you, the Chiefs can't just take an OT who belongs in the teens or 20s at the #5 pick.

Every team in the league knows we want an OLineman which means they are going to try to get the #5 pick for as cheap as they possibly can. We can't go reaching for players or taking crappy trades just to get in position for an OT.

Taking a player at a different position is something that we should discuss because it's a VERY REAL possibility.

It doesn't really matter what EVERY team in the leagues does, just 3 or 4 of them.

If we get a good the chance at a good O lineman early we take it. If the other teams are able to trade up to get them, then we go for the best available at the time.

I hope we get an O lineman though.

texaschief
01-23-2008, 03:21 AM
It doesn't really matter what EVERY team in the leagues does, just 3 or 4 of them.

If we get a good the chance at a good O lineman early we take it. If the other teams are able to trade up to get them, then we go for the best available at the time.

I hope we get an O lineman though.

i think you misunderstood my post

hermhater
01-23-2008, 03:29 AM
i think you misunderstood my post

OK then, are you saying if we don't get Jake Long there is no other O lineman to take?

texaschief
01-23-2008, 03:31 AM
OK then, are you saying if we don't get Jake Long there is no other O lineman to take?

at #5, NO. there is NO OTHER OL to take at #5. We need to either trade down for an OL or take the best player.

But the thing i was saying is that we need to make sure we don't get robbed of the #5 pick because we are so desperate to draft an OT.

chief31
01-23-2008, 03:36 AM
Which brings me to my draft a player to trade him scenario. As most every team knows what we want, many other teams will be unveiled for what they want. If we draft a player that could be useful to us, but that someone else wants real bad, then we gain leverage for that kind of a trade-down.

But I don't remember seeing the Chiefs ever being too creative in this department.

kcmostwanted
01-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Which brings me to my draft a player to trade him scenario. As most every team knows what we want, many other teams will be unveiled for what they want. If we draft a player that could be useful to us, but that someone else wants real bad, then we gain leverage for that kind of a trade-down.

But I don't remember seeing the Chiefs ever being too creative in this department.

That makes sense.. because for example.. if :
1. Dolphins go Glenn
2. Rams go C. Long
3. Raiders go J. Long, screwing the Cheifs...(kind of what Detroit did when they took Calvin Johnson right in front of the Bucs)

and if the Cheifs are sitting @ #4 then I say we take a player like Darren McFadden since I believe he has the most trade value and is the best player on the board. I can see a team w/ a mid round draft pick that would be interested... maybe a team with an older running back such as Panthers (I don't think Deangelo Williams is the answer) or Seattle...etc..

Unless if they decide to ship LJ out...but this is unlikely

texaschief
01-23-2008, 06:22 PM
That makes sense.. because for example.. if :
1. Dolphins go Glenn
2. Rams go C. Long
3. Raiders go J. Long, screwing the Cheifs...(kind of what Detroit did when they took Calvin Johnson right in front of the Bucs)

and if the Cheifs are sitting @ #4 then I say we take a player like Darren McFadden since I believe he has the most trade value and is the best player on the board. I can see a team w/ a mid round draft pick that would be interested... maybe a team with an older running back such as Panthers (I don't think Deangelo Williams is the answer) or Seattle...etc..

Unless if they decide to ship LJ out...but this is unlikely

First of all, the chances of getting the # 5 pick are much greater than getting the #4 pick. Therefore, when creating a mock draft, you might wanna prepare for the worse care scenerio (#5).

In that which case, i see the draft as follows:

Dolphins-Chris Long-Need to start on the defensive side
Rams-Jake Long-Need to replace Pace
Falcons-Matt Ryan-Need a franchise QB
Raiders-Darrin McFadden-Need a franchise RB
Chiefs-Glenn Dorsey or trade out

DrunkHillbilly
01-23-2008, 06:28 PM
First of all, the chances of getting the # 5 pick are much greater than getting the #4 pick. Therefore, when creating a mock draft, you might wanna prepare for the worse care scenerio (#5).

No way in hell Dorsey falls to #5 IMO.

texaschief
01-23-2008, 06:36 PM

Well, if you look at the needs of each team, i think you're gonna see either Dorsey or McFadden fall the Chiefs. It just depends on the Raiders. I think you're right now that i think about it. the Raiders are going to replace Sapp one way or another.

DrunkHillbilly
01-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Well, if you look at the needs of each team, i think you're gonna see either Dorsey or McFadden fall the Chiefs. It just depends on the Raiders. I think you're right now that i think about it. the Raiders are going to replace Sapp one way or another.
That is the #1 reason I said that. I don't think the Raiders will pass on him if he's there. I guess they could take McFadden but I think they have a decent RB. I'm not exactly sure McFadden will even play RB in the NFL. He was good for the college game but man he seems a little long and lanky to me.

kcmostwanted
01-24-2008, 01:03 PM
That is the #1 reason I said that. I don't think the Raiders will pass on him if he's there. I guess they could take McFadden but I think they have a decent RB. I'm not exactly sure McFadden will even play RB in the NFL. He was good for the college game but man he seems a little long and lanky to me.

true..he doesn't seem to have the prototypical RB body.. because he's soooo long and lanky... Also, if he's there @ #5 i don't think he's as good as last years top rated RB in AP, but he's the best available....

Should be interesting to see how things work out!

texaschief
01-24-2008, 04:31 PM
McFadden will be fine as a RB. But apparently, Miami is bidding out their #1 pick. So, mock drafts are utterly useless now...or at least till we find out who takes the #1 picks from them. My guess is we'll see the Patriots.

Why wouldn't they? They get everything else. Plus, how devastating to the rest of the league would it be for the Pats to go undefeated, then take the #1 pick? You know Belichick is just licking his chops to get another ego boost.

Coach
01-24-2008, 04:33 PM

Raiders are locked in to the 3rd pick. Falcons and Chiefs coin flip for 4th.

I agree. But if he does fall to the Chiefs and J. Long is gone, don't be surprised to see Herm takes the best defensive player on the board, which would be without any question, Glenn Dorsey.

Everything I read about the Raiders says they will take McFadden. There really isn't any talk of taking Jake Long. Atlanta would be stupid to not take a QB. Miami seems very unlikely to take J. Long. So really the biggest question mark, is St. Louis. If Chris Long is not taken by the Dolphins, I think the Rams will snatch him up. If Chris Long, is not available and Pace is not doing well, it is very likely that the Rams would take J. Long. But hey the Dolphins made a stupid move in the draft last year, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that they would do something stupid again and shake up this hole draft.

hermhater
01-24-2008, 04:37 PM
McFadden will be fine as a RB. But apparently, Miami is bidding out their #1 pick. So, mock drafts are utterly useless now...or at least till we find out who takes the #1 picks from them. My guess is we'll see the Patriots.

Why wouldn't they? They get everything else. Plus, how devastating to the rest of the league would it be for the Pats to go undefeated, then take the #1 pick? You know Belichick is just licking his chops to get another ego boost.

I just heard that same thing on NFL Live, and was shocked.

I guess Parcells has his eye on a bunch guys lower in the draft, or from other teams.

DrunkHillbilly
01-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Raiders are locked in to the 3rd pick. Falcons and Chiefs coin flip for 4th.

I agree. But if he does fall to the Chiefs and J. Long is gone, don't be surprised to see Herm takes the best defensive player on the board, which would be without any question, Glenn Dorsey.

Everything I read about the Raiders says they will take McFadden. There really isn't any talk of taking Jake Long. Atlanta would be stupid to not take a QB. Miami seems very unlikely to take J. Long. So really the biggest question mark, is St. Louis. If Chris Long is not taken by the Dolphins, I think the Rams will snatch him up. If Chris Long, is not available and Pace is not doing well, it is very likely that the Rams would take J. Long. But hey the Dolphins made a stupid move in the draft last year, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that they would do something stupid again and shake up this hole draft.

Will Dolphins deal first pick in 2008 NFL draft?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/273.jpg (http://x.go.com/cgi/x.pl?goto=http://search.espn.go.com/keyword/search?searchString=mel_kiper_jr.&name=SEARCH_m_archive&srvc=sz) By Mel Kiper Jr.
ESPN.com

A few notes from my first first-round projection for April's NFL draft:

• The Miami Dolphins need help on defense and Bill Parcells is a defensive-minded coach, so DT Glenn Dorsey would be the logical pick. And while the Dolphins could listen to trade offers for the top pick, there has not been a lot of movement in the top 10 in recent drafts. Why did Adrian Peterson slip to No. 7 last year? Because teams weren't willing to trade up knowing they would have to part with draft picks and pay more money for the higher pick. Also for Miami, QB Matt Ryan has to be in the discussion because the Dolphins may not be sold on John Beck (a second-round pick last year). Miami needs quarterback help and Ryan is going to be a top-five pick. Ryan might be too good to pass up, and he's a better prospect than Beck was when he came out of BYU last year. (Ryan is the only QB I am projecting will go in the first round).

• St. Louis will likely go with Long -- either Chris or Jake. Although the Rams drafted defensive tackle Adam Carriker last year, I could see them taking Virginia defensive end Chris Long. He's similar to Dorsey in that he plays with tremendous intensity and makes everyone around him better. If the Rams don't go with Chris Long, then Michigan left tackle Jake Long should be the pick since they could use help on the offensive line.

• The Atlanta Falcons should be in a good spot to upgrade at either running back or quarterback, so Darren McFadden or Matt Ryan could be the choice. I like Ryan here because this is a franchise that is in desperate need of a quarterback after going from Michael Vick to Joey Harrington to Byron Leftwich before finishing the season with Chris Redman.

• If Atlanta doesn't take McFadden, then Oakland will. (Remember, Oakland and Atlanta have a coin toss to determine who picks third overall.) After drafting first overall in 2007, Oakland could be looking at getting the best player in the draft if McFadden is available.

Also, there are only 31 selections in the first round this year because the New England Patriots had to forfeit their pick after illegally videotaping signals during their Week 1 game against the New York Jets.

The draft projections below are not based on ratings, but on information I have gathered and where I think teams will go based on needs.

hermhater
01-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Will Dolphins deal first pick in 2008 NFL draft?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/273.jpg (http://x.go.com/cgi/x.pl?goto=http://search.espn.go.com/keyword/search?searchString=mel_kiper_jr.&name=SEARCH_m_archive&srvc=sz) By Mel Kiper Jr.
ESPN.com

A few notes from my first first-round projection for April's NFL draft:

• The Miami Dolphins need help on defense and Bill Parcells is a defensive-minded coach, so DT Glenn Dorsey would be the logical pick. And while the Dolphins could listen to trade offers for the top pick, there has not been a lot of movement in the top 10 in recent drafts. Why did Adrian Peterson slip to No. 7 last year? Because teams weren't willing to trade up knowing they would have to part with draft picks and pay more money for the higher pick. Also for Miami, QB Matt Ryan has to be in the discussion because the Dolphins may not be sold on John Beck (a second-round pick last year). Miami needs quarterback help and Ryan is going to be a top-five pick. Ryan might be too good to pass up, and he's a better prospect than Beck was when he came out of BYU last year. (Ryan is the only QB I am projecting will go in the first round).

• St. Louis will likely go with Long -- either Chris or Jake. Although the Rams drafted defensive tackle Adam Carriker last year, I could see them taking Virginia defensive end Chris Long. He's similar to Dorsey in that he plays with tremendous intensity and makes everyone around him better. If the Rams don't go with Chris Long, then Michigan left tackle Jake Long should be the pick since they could use help on the offensive line.

• The Atlanta Falcons should be in a good spot to upgrade at either running back or quarterback, so Darren McFadden or Matt Ryan could be the choice. I like Ryan here because this is a franchise that is in desperate need of a quarterback after going from Michael Vick to Joey Harrington to Byron Leftwich before finishing the season with Chris Redman.

• If Atlanta doesn't take McFadden, then Oakland will. (Remember, Oakland and Atlanta have a coin toss to determine who picks third overall.) After drafting first overall in 2007, Oakland could be looking at getting the best player in the draft if McFadden is available.

Also, there are only 31 selections in the first round this year because the New England Patriots had to forfeit their pick after illegally videotaping signals during their Week 1 game against the New York Jets.

The draft projections below are not based on ratings, but on information I have gathered and where I think teams will go based on needs.

Well which is it? Does Oakland have the 3rd pick locked up or not?

I keep reading different things from different sources.

texaschief
01-24-2008, 04:58 PM
i haven't heard anything about the coin flps having been played out yet.

Chiefster
01-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Raiders are locked in to the 3rd pick. Falcons and Chiefs coin flip for 4th...

That is so unscientific; they should pick numbers instead. :D

Canada
01-24-2008, 08:14 PM
...or draw straws.

hermhater
01-24-2008, 08:26 PM
That is so unscientific; they should pick numbers instead. :D

...or draw straws.

What about Rock, Paper, Scissors?

I heard somewhere folks up North call it Rochambeaux.

What do they call it in Canada?

Canada
01-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Rock Paper Scissors. I won the championship at the college pub a few years ago. Undefeated through 15 rounds!! I spent a lot of time in the pub.

hermhater
01-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Rock Paper Scissors. I won the championship at the college pub a few years ago. Undefeated through 15 rounds!! I spent a lot of time in the pub.

Wicked!

That must have cut into your drinking time, so I'm sure it was difficult!

Canada
01-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Wicked!

That must have cut into your drinking time, so I'm sure it was difficult!

Nope, you can play with a beer in your hand and I won a free bar tab for the day!! :drunkhb:

hermhater
01-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Nope, you can play with a beer in your hand and I won a free bar tab for the day!! :drunkhb:

Well I meant you couldn't have a beer in each, hand.

I'll bet the owner regretted giving you a free bar tab!

:lol:

Canada
01-24-2008, 08:33 PM

I loved that pub. My buddy and I won an all expenses paid trip to Jamaica from the Molson Brewing Co, for 36 hours. I was tuned the whole time!! :bananen_smilies046: I want to go back to college now!! :lol:

prough91
01-24-2008, 08:44 PM

It went under shortly thereafter.

hermhater
01-24-2008, 08:47 PM
I loved that pub. My buddy and I won an all expenses paid trip to Jamaica from the Molson Brewing Co, for 36 hours. I was tuned the whole time!! :bananen_smilies046: I want to go back to college now!! :lol:

Jamaica would be a blast, mon!

:biggrin:

chief31
01-25-2008, 01:46 AM
i haven't heard anything about the coin flps having been played out yet.

The coin-flip situation is supposed to happen at the combine, I believe. The Raiders will flip for the third spot, with the Falcons.

If the Falcons win that coin toss, then it will go...

3. Falcons
4.Raiders
5. Chiefs

If the Raiders win that coin toss, then the Raiders will be awarded the no 3 spot, and the Falcons will have to have another coin toss, this time with the Chiefs, to determine who drafts 4th and 5th.

Coach
01-25-2008, 02:21 AM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d805a3a57&template=without-video&confirm=true

Exactly as Chief31 has said.

hermhater
01-25-2008, 02:25 AM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d805a3a57&template=without-video&confirm=true

Exactly as Chief31 has said.

So does this change the betting for the First Draft Pick chief31 put up?

I still think it's gonna be a CB!

Coach
01-25-2008, 02:34 AM
So does this change the betting for the First Draft Pick chief31 put up?

I still think it's gonna be a CB!

CB? at #5? Really??

hermhater
01-25-2008, 02:37 AM
CB? at #5? Really??

You think Herm wouldn't do it?

He might even draft a WR to fill the spot!

I don't have as much Arrowcash to bet on it, but I think it will happen!

Coach
01-25-2008, 02:45 AM

I'd be willing to lay 10-1 odds in arrowcash that we don't take a WR at #5. 5-1 odds that we don't take CB at #5.

hermhater
01-25-2008, 02:57 AM

I'd be willing to lay 10-1 odds in arrowcash that we don't take a WR at #5. 5-1 odds that we don't take CB at #5.

I meant Herm will take a WR to fill the CB spot!

And he is likely to do it with our first pick!

Herm has no idea what to do with talent.

That is if he can even recognize it.

Chiefster
01-25-2008, 07:31 AM
I meant Herm will take a WR to fill the CB spot!

And he is likely to do it with our first pick!

Herm has no idea what to do with talent.

That is if he can even recognize it.

I fear that you are correct. His first pick should be one for the "O-Line" IMO. But, I have serious doubts about Herm and Carl's ability to get picks in the draft actually fill the teams most urgent needs.

Canada
01-25-2008, 08:07 AM

Yeah, but do you have the money to back it up?? :lol:

DrunkHillbilly
01-25-2008, 04:46 PM
If Jake Long is gone, you may be payin the piper!! The only way you get out of it is if you state CB or WR only in your bet. I highly doubt we draft an O lineman if Long is gone by our pick.

texaschief
01-25-2008, 04:53 PM
This thread is getting ridiculous. There's NO WAY IN HELL we take a WR with the first pick. The only way we take a CB is if we trade really far down in the late 20's. You're either gonna see us take an O-lineman or the best available D-lineman (Long or Dorsey) or McFadden for trade value. That's about it.

DrunkHillbilly
01-25-2008, 05:25 PM
This thread is getting ridiculous. There's NO WAY IN HELL we take a WR with the first pick. The only way we take a CB is if we trade really far down in the late 20's. You're either gonna see us take an O-lineman or the best available D-lineman (Long or Dorsey) or McFadden for trade value. That's about it.
Yea I agree. My bet is on a D lineman if Long is gone but I wouldn't put it past them to draft a CB being as it is a position of need for the team. A pretty bad need IMO. I'm tired of gettin burned deep! Been watchin it for tooooooo many years!

texaschief
01-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Yea I agree. My bet is on a D lineman if Long is gone but I wouldn't put it past them to draft a CB being as it is a position of need for the team. A pretty bad need IMO. I'm tired of gettin burned deep! Been watchin it for tooooooo many years!

but you have to look at the board....you can't reach for players when you're sitting at #5. who could they possibly take at CB and justify his drafting at the #5 spot? Mike Jenkins from S. Florida? ....mmm pass.

The ONLY way i could justify the drafting of Jenkins would be if we were able to sign Samuel in Free Agency. The drafting of Jenkins would shore up the secondary and the defense would be close to complete.

But, if we DO take CB in the first, we need to make some kind of trade to get another high 2nd round pick to draft a pair of O-linemen.

DrunkHillbilly
01-25-2008, 05:44 PM
but you have to look at the board....you can't reach for players when you're sitting at #5. who could they possibly take at CB and justify his drafting at the #5 spot? Mike Jenkins from S. Florida? ....mmm pass.

The ONLY way i could justify the drafting of Jenkins would be if we were able to sign Samuel in Free Agency. The drafting of Jenkins would shore up the secondary and the defense would be close to complete.

But, if we DO take CB in the first, we need to make some kind of trade to get another high 2nd round pick to draft a pair of O-linemen.
I said I wouldn't put it past THEM! Not what I would do but I'm not runnin the show. I would trade down if Dorsey, both Longs and McFadden were gone. I doubt they will but...... The Chiefs are definetly not going to sign Samuel! He's going to get $60 or $70 million if not more!!! Carl's pocket book couldn't handle that!! Mike Jenkins will probably be the first CB drafted. Maybe 7-10 somewhere around there.

texaschief
01-25-2008, 05:58 PM
I said I wouldn't put it past THEM! Not what I would do but I'm not runnin the show. I would trade down if Dorsey, both Longs and McFadden were gone. I doubt they will but...... The Chiefs are definetly not going to sign Samuel! He's going to get $60 or $70 million if not more!!! Carl's pocket book couldn't handle that!! Mike Jenkins will probably be the first CB drafted. Maybe 7-10 somewhere around there.

too bad Samuel wasn't drafted by Carl, otherwise he'd get a huge contract....see Holmes, LJ, Gonzo....lol

hermhater
01-25-2008, 06:04 PM
I put my money on the CB because Herm likes to draft kickers and defensive players, and I don't think they are even that stupid to draft a kicker in the first round.

They seem to be happy with the D line (even though it can't stop the run to save the game) and aren't gonna use more draft picks after getting McBride and Tyler last year.

texaschief
01-25-2008, 06:17 PM
I put my money on the CB because Herm likes to draft kickers and defensive players, and I don't think they are even that stupid to draft a kicker in the first round.

They seem to be happy with the D line (even though it can't stop the run to save the game) and aren't gonna use more draft picks after getting McBride and Tyler last year.

Dude....you don't think they'd draft Dorsey or C. Long if they're still on the board? you just said yourself they couldn't stop the run. I think I'd like C. Long personally. I know DE is as far from a need as we've got, but if it's possible to move Hali inside, our D-line would be awesome.

hermhater
01-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Dude....you don't think they'd draft Dorsey or C. Long if they're still on the board? you just said yourself they couldn't stop the run. I think I'd like C. Long personally. I know DE is as far from a need as we've got, but if it's possible to move Hali inside, our D-line would be awesome.

You seem to think you are running the draft for the Chiefs.

I'm saying what I think we will do, not what I want done.

With all the D lineman we have been drafting, I just don't think Herm will go for more of them regardless of their talent.

DrunkHillbilly
01-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Ewwwwwww! We were on the same page until that!!! Dorsey is by far the best devensive player in the draft. I'm a believer that if you don't get who you want to fill your need and there is a player of that calibur on the board you take him!

texaschief
01-25-2008, 06:23 PM
You seem to think you are running the draft for the Chiefs.

I'm saying what we think we will do, not what I want done.

With all the D lineman we have been drafting, I just don't think Herm will go for more of them regardless of their talent.

i honestly can't see the Chiefs passing on C. Long or Dorsey if they are still on the board. This discussion is probably moot because neither Long or Dorsey will be there when the Chiefs pick. lol

hermhater
01-25-2008, 06:24 PM
i honestly can't see the Chiefs passing on C. Long or Dorsey if they are still on the board. This discussion is probably moot because neither Long or Dorsey will be there when the Chiefs pick. lol

So Herm will go for a D back!

DrunkHillbilly
01-25-2008, 06:25 PM
Pitchers and catchers report in a couple weeks!!!! LOL!!!

texaschief
01-25-2008, 06:27 PM

I don't see Jenkins as a "Herm type CB." I don't see Dieon Sainders playing for Herm. Herm wants CBs who will make at LEAST one tackle during their career. Jenkins is cut in the Sanders mold.

hermhater
01-25-2008, 06:27 PM
Pitchers and catchers report in a couple weeks!!!! LOL!!!

If it weren't for Herm I would find that amusing...

I guess since Herm doesn't have the internet he won't read that and may not get the idea into his head though!

hermhater
01-25-2008, 06:28 PM
I don't see Jenkins as a "Herm type CB." I don't see Dieon Sainders playing for Herm. Herm wants CBs who will make at LEAST one tackle during their career. Jenkins is cut in the Sanders mold.

The only thing for certain with Herm is that nothing is for certain!

:lol: :11:

DrunkHillbilly
01-25-2008, 08:23 PM
The only thing for certain with Herm is that nothing is for certain!

:lol: :11:
And that Carla Peterson will be our GM for the next 20 years!!!!!!!!!:mob:

hermhater
01-25-2008, 08:33 PM
And that Carla Peterson will be our GM for the next 20 years!!!!!!!!!:mob:

Don't make me cry... Please?!?

:mob:

Coach
01-26-2008, 02:50 AM

Exactly!

Exactly.

hermhater
01-26-2008, 02:53 AM
Exactly!

Exactly.

Coach, you're acting as if this is a fantasy draft.

This is gonna be another poor draft for the Chiefs with Carl and Herm.

Say all you want about what Herm has done with the Chiefs D, but it ain't that great.

Chiefster
01-26-2008, 02:59 AM
I hope coach is right, but fear that what HH is saying may have validity.

texaschief
01-26-2008, 01:37 PM

Say all you want about what Herm has done with the Chiefs D, but it ain't that great.

What drafts are you looking at?

hermhater
01-26-2008, 02:42 PM
What drafts are you looking at?

The upcoming draft.

This is Herm and Carl we're talking about, not you.

I don't disagree with what should be done, just don't think they WILL do it.

texaschief
01-26-2008, 04:17 PM
well, you said ANOTHER poor draft. I was just curious which drafts before this one were so absolutely awful that would make you think the 2008 draft is going to be disasterous.

hermhater
01-26-2008, 05:04 PM
well, you said ANOTHER poor draft. I was just curious which drafts before this one were so absolutely awful that would make you think the 2008 draft is going to be disasterous.

I am impressed with DBo, Pollard and Page.

The rest of the draft picks, not so much!

for ever red
01-26-2008, 09:14 PM
:fan_wave2: Two O-linemen I can live with that.Then Nelson :drunkhb:

Coach
01-26-2008, 09:33 PM

Not sure I follow. How am I acting as if this is a fantasy draft?

hermhater
01-26-2008, 11:01 PM
Not sure I follow. How am I acting as if this is a fantasy draft?

Actually I meant texaschief, but since you agreed with him here is why.

He is not picking players (whether available or not when we pick) that the Chiefs need the most, but rather those that are predicted to be high draft choices.

We need to scout O lineman at all costs!

I doubt Carl is going pick any up in FA so that is number one priority for us!

I believe if Jake Long is gone we will pick a DB first, but still think we need to find us a stud left tackle!

chiefnationrepresentarmy
01-27-2008, 02:35 AM
we can point to many draft failures in recent memory two words ( ryan simms ) oh and two more ( sylvester morris )
I think Jake Long,Ryan Clady or Sam Baker should be high on our draft board.
CB is a need too. talib or or jenkins would fit in nicely as well
I wouldnt mind a stud RB like stewart or mcfadded or DL like dorsey or gholston

texaschief
01-27-2008, 02:45 AM
we can point to many draft failures in recent memory two words ( ryan simms ) oh and two more ( sylvester morris )
I think Jake Long,Ryan Clady or Sam Baker should be high on our draft board.
CB is a need too. talib or or jenkins would fit in nicely as well
I wouldnt mind a stud RB like stewart or mcfadded or DL like dorsey or gholston

....uh, those were Dickie's guys.

hermhater
01-27-2008, 02:49 AM
....uh, those were Dickie's guys.

Hi texaschief!

I don't think the Vet was referring to any particular coach, just draft picks in general.

Just because you love Herm's style more than you love God, doesn't mean everyone is against you!

(Remember guy, I am THE hermhater!)

:11:

(BTW what are you doing up at this ungodly hour? Did you log on to witness me breaking 10,000 posts? It would be fitting if it were just you and I here to do it! :lol:)

chiefnationrepresentarmy
01-27-2008, 03:04 AM
Thanks HermHater!
I was referring to our drafts in general. it is only 1100am here in lovely Baghdad so i am just getting started for the day.
With Carl's job on the line this draft will be huge for him so he better pick wisely.

chiefnationrepresentarmy
01-27-2008, 03:08 AM
from a mock draft board.
5 Kansas City (http://www.sportprojections.com/kansas_city_chiefs.php) Jake Long OT Michigan The Chiefs can't get to the podium fast enough. The offensive line is their most glaring need, and Long has the ability to be great a contributor for a long time.

hermhater
01-27-2008, 03:11 AM
Thanks HermHater!
I was referring to our drafts in general. it is only 1100am here in lovely Baghdad so i am just getting started for the day.
With Carl's job on the line this draft will be huge for him so he better pick wisely.

No problem guy, and thanks for your service to our country!

Carl will probably be gone after next year, regardless of our draft success, or even if we have a winning record.

I am getting the impression that Clark is growing a set, and will get rid of his *** no matter what!

:yahoo:

hermhater
01-27-2008, 03:16 AM
from a mock draft board.
5 Kansas City (http://www.sportprojections.com/kansas_city_chiefs.php) Jake Long OT Michigan The Chiefs can't get to the podium fast enough. The offensive line is their most glaring need, and Long has the ability to be great a contributor for a long time.

If Jake is available we will pick him, I'm sure!

I don't think he will be available, but if he is it will be a major turning point in the Chiefs getting some Offensive power back in the game!!!

chiefnationrepresentarmy
01-27-2008, 03:44 AM
Ryan Clady seems to be high on everyones list as well. O-line is our most pressing need. O line isnt getting any younger. need to get young quickly in the trenches

hermhater
01-27-2008, 03:49 AM
Ryan Clady seems to be high on everyones list as well. O-line is our most pressing need. O line isnt getting any younger. need to get young quickly in the trenches

I have thought the same thing for some time!

I brought it up a few weeks ago, and everyone thought I was a dreamer.

There is a general consensus around here that if Jake Long is not taken then we don't even think about another O lineman for our first draft pick.

I think Herm will probably go for a D player for the first draft pick unless Jake is available, but I am still doubtful.

chiefnationrepresentarmy
01-27-2008, 04:07 AM
Well if Long is gone which i honestly doubt. I dont think the other missouri team will reach for him at 2 and with long and dorsey as viable options at 2 i dont think they pass either of them up. atlanta and that team near san fransicso picking ahead of us their needs are qb and al "shame on you" davis likes mcfadden. so hopefully no shenaningans at the top of the board and Long falls into our lap.

hermhater
01-27-2008, 04:13 AM
Well if Long is gone which i honestly doubt. I dont think the other missouri team will reach for him at 2 and with long and dorsey as viable options at 2 i dont think they pass either of them up. atlanta and that team near san fransicso picking ahead of us their needs are qb and al "shame on you" davis likes mcfadden. so hopefully no shenaningans at the top of the board and Long falls into our lap.

That scenario is sweet, to say the least!

(What s that overturned tank behind you by the way?)

chiefnationrepresentarmy
01-27-2008, 04:22 AM
it is an iraqi T-72 that met it demise courtesy of the US Military. And of course we decided to post a few comments via spray paint.

chief31
01-27-2008, 04:26 AM

I really like the idea of getting Clady. Although he is expected to take a bit longer than others in adjusting to the NFL, he seems to be a solid long-term solution.

chiefnationrepresentarmy
01-27-2008, 04:38 AM
i really like Sam Baker too. big time program with big game experience. should be ready to play right away. But i really believe Jake will be there at 5.

chiefnationrepresentarmy
01-27-2008, 04:41 AM
HermHater,

just glad i could be apart of your historic run to 10,000 posts. Charlie Mike ( continue mission ). look forward to your veteran leadership and mentorship in the room. :)

hermhater
01-27-2008, 04:42 AM
i really like Sam Baker too. big time program with big game experience. should be ready to play right away. But i really believe Jake will be there at 5.

Look guy, I realize you have more pressing issues right now, but you should spend more time on the Chiefs Crowd when the time if available!

Your opinions are a fresh breath of air amongst the gloom and doom that is infecting the Chiefs fans!

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!

:bananen_smilies046: :11: :sign0098: :beer: :D

chief31
01-27-2008, 04:44 AM

Plus, Baker has alot of experience in pass-protection. Which I believe is the more valuable skill at OT.

hermhater
01-27-2008, 04:47 AM
Plus, Baker has alot of experience in pass-protection. Which I believe is the more valuable skill at OT.

What about Clady?

chiefnationrepresentarmy
01-27-2008, 04:47 AM
well i plan to be fully involved in the crowd from here on out.

chiefnationrepresentarmy
01-27-2008, 04:53 AM
test

chief31
01-27-2008, 04:54 AM
What about Clady?

Here it is...

I really like the idea of getting Clady. Although he is expected to take a bit longer than others in adjusting to the NFL, he seems to be a solid long-term solution.

chiefnationrepresentarmy
01-27-2008, 04:55 AM
the new pic is of me and the fam in glendale ( KC vs ARI ) in Matt Leinharts first start. i made a little mastercard reference in the sign.

chiefnationrepresentarmy
01-27-2008, 04:56 AM
tickets 170 bucks
drive from vegas to glendale 300 miles
beer 1500 on sale
lienhart 0-1 priceless

hermhater
01-27-2008, 04:56 AM
the new pic is of me and the fam in glendale ( KC vs ARI ) in Matt Leinharts first start. i made a little mastercard reference in the sign.

Awesome, awesome, and TRIPLE FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

:bananen_smilies046: :sign0098: :11: :D :drunkhb: :yahoo: :bananen_smilies046:

chiefnationrepresentarmy
01-27-2008, 04:58 AM
I love going into enemy territory and mocking them. HA! did the same in denver.

chief31
01-27-2008, 05:01 AM
tickets 170 bucks
drive from vegas to glendale 300 miles
beer 1500 on sale
lienhart 0-1 priceless

I love going into enemy territory and mocking them. HA! did the same in denver.

Keep up the fight. You are a model Chiefs fan.

chiefnationrepresentarmy
01-27-2008, 05:07 AM
I will. I will be attending a KC game next year in both Charlotte and San Diego. photos will follow. dont worry!!!

chief31
01-27-2008, 05:13 AM
I will. I will be attending a KC game next year in both Charlotte and San Diego. photos will follow. dont worry!!!

Wow! Now I have a reason to get excited about this coming season. :D

texaschief
01-27-2008, 04:01 PM
well, i think we can rest assured that Mcfadden won't be there at #5. J. Long and Dorsey probably won't be either. so.....C. Long, Ryan, or CB.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen suggested during a special edition of Sunday NFL Countdown that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is eyeing the possibility of swinging a trade with the Dolphins for the No. 1 overall pick in the 2008 draft.

Such a deal would allow the ‘Boys to bag running back Darren McFadden, who played college football at Jones’ alma mater of Arkansas.

Per Mort, any such deal would have to include the rights to Cowboys running back Marion Barber, who is slated to be a restricted free agent. To make it happen, the Cowboys would have to work out a sign-and-trade deal before Barber gets a chance to ink an offer sheet that would force the Cowboys to match the terms or let him go in exchange for compensation. Thus, the safest bet for the ‘Boys would be to tender Barber at the highest possible level, which would force any team that signs him to give up a first-round pick and a third-round pick. Those extra picks then could be used to sweeten the pot for the top spot in the draft.

And it’s clear that the Cowboys are going to have to find a way to enhance the two first-rounders that they can offer up for the No. 1 pick. Under the revised draft order, the Cowboys pick at No. 22 (from Cleveland) and at No. 28. Under the trade chart, the No. 22 overall pick is worth 780 points and the No. 28 selection is worth 660 points. The No. 1 selection has a value of 3,000 points; thus, the Cowboys would be a whopping 1,560 points short.

Though the trade chart arguably needs to be adjusted to reflect the fact that the enormous financial investment that is now required when using the top pick makes the prospects of a move up even more fraught with risk, the Fins could justify the 1,560-point gap by placing that value on Barber, who coupled with Ronnie Brown could give Miami a deadly one-two punch in the backfield.

Some readers think that the framework for a deal is already in place, and was part of the unspoken understanding that allowed the Dolphins to have their way with the Dallas front office. If that’s true it wouldn’t surprise us. Jones surely covets McFadden, and our guess is that he is willing to do whatever is necessary to get him.

rbedgood
01-27-2008, 04:58 PM
I think the odds of Jake Long falling to the chiefs at #4/#5 are pretty high.

First of all the only reason I see a team trading up to the top 5 is for either Dorsey or McFadden, or if someone really wants QB Ryan and wants to move in front of Atlanta. So lets look at those scenarios.

#1 Pick...we know Miami would like to trade this pick...lets assume for a minute someone trades up to here...it is ONLY for Dorsey or McFadden. Dallas would be the most likely candidate, and likely for Dorsey. If Miami stays here I say they also pick Dorsey. So #1 Dorsey, most likely. Unless the suitor is NE Patriots, and then I'd say the #1 would be McFadden, but with Maroney surging in the playoffs, they'll likely stand pat with the 49ers pick and grab Jenkins (CB-FL)

#2--St Louis, this is likely the only spot where JLong could go before the Chiefs pick. However I'd say they have bigger needs on the defensive side of the ball, particularly with their pass rush. Enter Chris Long. I don't see them trading down.

#3/#4---Atlanta/Oakland---Atlanta likely takes Ryan with their pick in either spot...Oakland's O-line looked pretty good the last 5-6 games last year, and although they have a lot of depth at RB, McFadden is a rare talent. Fargas is a free agent, Jordan & Rhodes are aging, and Bush is uncertain due to his injuries. I'd say either McFadden or Sedrick Ellis (DT) are the pick for Oakland.

#5---KC---Not even Carla and Herm will pass Jake Long...if he isn't there they'll have to trade down to get value at O-line. Baker, Clady & Otah are all more middle to late 1st round type talents. Good, but not worth the $$$ at #5. If Long is gone, and they can't trade to #10-15 then the next best talent likely is Jenkins. Although they might be able to trade to #7 if they can convince NE that they'll take Jenkins at #5.

Coach
01-27-2008, 09:28 PM
well, i think we can rest assured that Mcfadden won't be there at #5. J. Long and Dorsey probably won't be either. so.....C. Long, Ryan, or CB.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen suggested during a special edition of Sunday NFL Countdown that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is eyeing the possibility of swinging a trade with the Dolphins for the No. 1 overall pick in the 2008 draft.

Such a deal would allow the ‘Boys to bag running back Darren McFadden, who played college football at Jones’ alma mater of Arkansas.

Per Mort, any such deal would have to include the rights to Cowboys running back Marion Barber, who is slated to be a restricted free agent. To make it happen, the Cowboys would have to work out a sign-and-trade deal before Barber gets a chance to ink an offer sheet that would force the Cowboys to match the terms or let him go in exchange for compensation. Thus, the safest bet for the ‘Boys would be to tender Barber at the highest possible level, which would force any team that signs him to give up a first-round pick and a third-round pick. Those extra picks then could be used to sweeten the pot for the top spot in the draft.

And it’s clear that the Cowboys are going to have to find a way to enhance the two first-rounders that they can offer up for the No. 1 pick. Under the revised draft order, the Cowboys pick at No. 22 (from Cleveland) and at No. 28. Under the trade chart, the No. 22 overall pick is worth 780 points and the No. 28 selection is worth 660 points. The No. 1 selection has a value of 3,000 points; thus, the Cowboys would be a whopping 1,560 points short.

Though the trade chart arguably needs to be adjusted to reflect the fact that the enormous financial investment that is now required when using the top pick makes the prospects of a move up even more fraught with risk, the Fins could justify the 1,560-point gap by placing that value on Barber, who coupled with Ronnie Brown could give Miami a deadly one-two punch in the backfield.

Some readers think that the framework for a deal is already in place, and was part of the unspoken understanding that allowed the Dolphins to have their way with the Dallas front office. If that’s true it wouldn’t surprise us. Jones surely covets McFadden, and our guess is that he is willing to do whatever is necessary to get him.

I've got to believe that Bill Parcells will be looking to put the screws to Jerry Jones on any kind of trade for the phins #1 pick. If this deal gets done, Dallas is going to be giving the farm to get it.

Chiefster
01-28-2008, 01:38 AM
I've got to believe that Bill Parcells will be looking to put the screws to Jerry Jones on any kind of trade for the phins #1 pick. If this deal gets done, Dallas is going to be giving the farm to get it.

Jones is normally pretty shrewd, but I wouldn't put it past him to pay out the wazzoooo if he really wants that number one pick.

chief31
02-12-2008, 02:06 PM
I was looking at a mock draft that I liked, and thought I would share what they had for our Chiefs...

1st round - OT Jake Long, Michigan

Long would have been a top 10 pick last year as he is a tremendous OT with the skills and ability to take on the best pass rushers in the NFL. At 6’7 he has the size to engulf a DE, and he also has the power to run block down field. This will come in handy in Kansas City where they like to pound the football. Kansas City’s biggest need is OT where they have struggled to have stability since the retirement of Willie Roaf. Jake Long would start right away and stabilize an Offensive Line that not too long ago was one of the most dominant in the NFL. This is a perfect marriage of value and need for KC.

(I think that we all know that I like this scenario.)

2nd round - CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tennessee State

This player is catching a lot of buzz as the small school sleeper in this draft. Outside of Patrick Surtain and Ty Law the Chiefs have very little quality depth at CB. Because the previous two are not spring chickens it would be wise to add a quality CB early in this draft. If he is as good as he is billed, Rodgers-Cromartie very well may go higher than this. Because he is rumored to post a sub 4.4 40 to match his size at 6’2, scouts are drooling over this guy. However, we cannot forget that he is a definite work in progress. The major questions will be can he play against top level competition, can he add more strength to play press and does he have the technique to help him succeed with his raw tools. We shall see.

( I may sound pretty negative about Herm at times, but I have faith in his ability to draft and develope DBs. And a 6'2" blazing fast CB would be an excellent tool to give to Herm.)

3rd round - WR Levelle Hawkins, California

Hawkins had a great Senior Bowl week and proved he is one of the better WR's in this class. The Chiefs need more WR's.

(I'm not thrilled to see a WR here. I would rather see another O-lineman. But two out of three ain't bad, and it's not like we are absolutely set at WR.)

(http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/nfl_draft_prospect/Dominique_Rodgers-Cromart/1257)

hermhater
02-13-2008, 04:16 AM
I was looking at a mock draft that I liked, and thought I would share what they had for our Chiefs...

1st round - OT Jake Long, Michigan

Long would have been a top 10 pick last year as he is a tremendous OT with the skills and ability to take on the best pass rushers in the NFL. At 6’7 he has the size to engulf a DE, and he also has the power to run block down field. This will come in handy in Kansas City where they like to pound the football. Kansas City’s biggest need is OT where they have struggled to have stability since the retirement of Willie Roaf. Jake Long would start right away and stabilize an Offensive Line that not too long ago was one of the most dominant in the NFL. This is a perfect marriage of value and need for KC.

(I think that we all know that I like this scenario.)

2nd round - CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tennessee State

This player is catching a lot of buzz as the small school sleeper in this draft. Outside of Patrick Surtain and Ty Law the Chiefs have very little quality depth at CB. Because the previous two are not spring chickens it would be wise to add a quality CB early in this draft. If he is as good as he is billed, Rodgers-Cromartie very well may go higher than this. Because he is rumored to post a sub 4.4 40 to match his size at 6’2, scouts are drooling over this guy. However, we cannot forget that he is a definite work in progress. The major questions will be can he play against top level competition, can he add more strength to play press and does he have the technique to help him succeed with his raw tools. We shall see.

( I may sound pretty negative about Herm at times, but I have faith in his ability to draft and develope DBs. And a 6'2" blazing fast CB would be an excellent tool to give to Herm.)

3rd round - WR Levelle Hawkins, California

Hawkins had a great Senior Bowl week and proved he is one of the better WR's in this class. The Chiefs need more WR's.

(I'm not thrilled to see a WR here. I would rather see another O-lineman. But two out of three ain't bad, and it's not like we are absolutely set at WR.)

So if this dream scenario occurs Herm is a genius?

I am thinking about agreeing, and yet conficted somehow...

chief31
02-13-2008, 10:32 AM
So if this dream scenario occurs Herm is a genius?

I am thinking about agreeing, and yet conficted somehow...

If that were to happen, then I would pretty happy with Herm. There would have to be some other o-line help, but I would be glad to get those first two picks made.

I would also be happy if we traded down and picked-up more early draft picks.

hermhater
02-13-2008, 12:59 PM
If that were to happen, then I would pretty happy with Herm. There would have to be some other o-line help, but I would be glad to get those first two picks made.

I would also be happy if we traded down and picked-up more early draft picks.

You mean get Long and Clady both in the first round?

That would be sweet.

SuperUberBob
02-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Who would you pick in this worst case scenario? 1. Dolphins - Chris Long 2. Rams - Glenn Dorsey 3. Falcons - Sedrick Ellis 4. Raiders - Jake Long 5. Chiefs - ??? Assume that you cannot trade down. Who would you pick? Would you reach for Ryan Clady? Or pick BAP (Ryan, McFadden)?

chief31
02-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Who would you pick in this worst case scenario? 1. Dolphins - Chris Long 2. Rams - Glenn Dorsey 3. Falcons - Sedrick Ellis 4. Raiders - Jake Long 5. Chiefs - ??? Assume that you cannot trade down. Who would you pick? Would you reach for Ryan Clady? Or pick BAP (Ryan, McFadden)?

With trading out eliminated, I go for Clady. Ellis, and Dorsey would be two players that I would have taken, had they not been taken already.

But, if McFadden is available, then I bet a trade-down scenario would make itself available.

leaves
02-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Some of my personal thoughts for a hopeful draft,

Hoping for:
1.Jake Long, need that O-line
2.Brandon Flowers, CB's are gettin lil old now
3.Earl Hawkins, WR, good enough support for the reciever front
4.Owen Schmitt or Peyton Hillis, FB, i personally think the FB schemes worked better for LJ and the backfield.

hermhater
02-20-2008, 12:07 PM

Hoping for:
4.Owen Schmitt or Peyton Hillis, FB, i personally think the FB schemes worked better for LJ and the backfield.

Who's Brandon Flowers?

I like the the others!

:sign0098:

leaves
02-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Brandon Flowers is from main CB from VT (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1331860503599515357&q=Brandon+Flowers%2C+VT&total=4&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1)

he's a monster-hitting cornerback.

chief31
02-20-2008, 10:52 PM

Hoping for:

I'm gonna need more O-line. :D

hermhater
02-21-2008, 01:42 AM
I'm gonna need more O-line. :D

Wow, that sure came out of left field!

texaschief
02-21-2008, 03:46 AM
Umm, I know this won't go over well, but after reading and looking at our current situation, I've decided i want Joe Flacco or Andre Woodson at some point in this draft. I just think either one of these guys would just be a much better option than Croyle.

The biggest problem is that Flacco could go anywhere from the 1st to 4th round. So, it would be a gamble if we decide to take him anywhere in the first 2 or 3 rounds. Same goes for Woodson between the 2nd and 5th rounds.

I DO realize we have other positions of need, but QB, believe it or not, isn't exactly out of that category either. I'm not advocating spending a 1st or 2nd round pick on Flacco, but if he's there at #4 in the 3rd round, I think I'd pull the trigger.....but i think that's a BIG IF!!

DrunkHillbilly
02-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Umm, I know this won't go over well, but after reading and looking at our current situation, I've decided i want Joe Flacco or Andre Woodson at some point in this draft. I just think either one of these guys would just be a much better option than Croyle.

The biggest problem is that Flacco could go anywhere from the 1st to 4th round. So, it would be a gamble if we decide to take him anywhere in the first 2 or 3 rounds. Same goes for Woodson between the 2nd and 5th rounds.

I DO realize we have other positions of need, but QB, believe it or not, isn't exactly out of that category either. I'm not advocating spending a 1st or 2nd round pick on Flacco, but if he's there at #4 in the 3rd round, I think I'd pull the trigger.....but i think that's a BIG IF!!
Flacco has a BIG BIG arm.

Canada
02-21-2008, 09:00 AM
Flacco has a BIG BIG arm.

I heard he has two of them!! :lol:

chief31
02-21-2008, 09:59 AM

Unless Herm feels comfortable with finding a quality CB on the second day, or we can fill at least one of our o-line needs through free agency, then I can't put QB above either of those positions. (O-line being in need of at least two starters, as we could gamble on one of our younger players to fill the third open position.)

But I am not against the idea of bringing someone in to eventually challenge for the starting QB job.

Unfortunately for Croyle, it is unlikely that he will get a fair shot at being "the man" this season, while playing behind an o-line that would include three new starters.

But, if we do address the offensive line aggressively this offseason, then it should be improved in '08, and should become a well-rounded unit in '09. That would give Croyle, or any QB that we might draft this offseason, a serious opportunity to show what they can do.

I certainly wouldn't mind having Croyle and a second year QB at our disposal when the offense gets comfortable.

texaschief
02-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Who/what can we trade to grab another 2nd and 3rd rounder? Ultimately, to fill most of the needs/wants that are on this team, getting 5 picks in the first 3 rounds is what we're gonna have to do.

Perhaps if we trade out of that #5 pick we could pick up Otah later in the first while picking up an additional 2nd and 3rd rounder in the process. Supposedly, there's a new point system/draft chart coming out this season so i'm not exactly sure how it would all add up.

But i figure the first 5 picks should be OT, CB, then in no particular order, OG, QB, WR. Getting 5 picks in the first 70-80 of the draft would go a long ways to getting this team back on track.

The more that comes out about Jake Long, the more pessimistic i get about the Chiefs' opportunity to land him. I think he goes #1 or #2 to be honest.

Ilamuku
02-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks for educating me on Flowers. I still also like Rogers-Cromartie though. However, Flowers would be a solid pick.

Chiefster
02-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Thanks for educating me on Flowers. I still also like Rogers-Cromartie though. However, Flowers would be a solid pick.

We have many knowledgeable fans here. :)

rbedgood
02-25-2008, 11:42 AM
You CAN'T trade out of the #5 unless Jake Long is gone. He is a rare talent. You don't see an OT like him in the draft every year. I'd put him a head and shoulder above Joe Thomas from last year. 5.17 is a better than average 40-time, but he showed up well in the agility drills (he's nimble on his feet) and he showed massive power, which would be huge in a run, run, pass offense...you can skip the punt part!!!!

hermhater
02-25-2008, 11:46 AM
You CAN'T trade out of the #5 unless Jake Long is gone. He is a rare talent. You don't see an OT like him in the draft every year. I'd put him a head and shoulder above Joe Thomas from last year. 5.17 is a better than average 40-time, but he showed up well in the agility drills (he's nimble on his feet) and he showed massive power, which would be huge in a run, run, pass offense...you can skip the punt part!!!!

If Long is what it takes to make this Herm style offense work, then Carl better do everything in his power to make sure he becomes a Chief this year!

DrunkHillbilly
02-25-2008, 11:48 AM
I like Long but I think you just sold Thomas a little short! He had an unbelievable season! Did not allow 1 sack from his side!!!! Very Impressive!!

rbedgood
02-26-2008, 12:36 PM
I like Long but I think you just sold Thomas a little short! He had an unbelievable season! Did not allow 1 sack from his side!!!! Very Impressive!!

Thomas is great...however Long is just as good fundamentally, but slightly larger and stronger. He should be just as good in pass blocking, but a better road grader (run blocker)...which fits the Herm style of (N)Offense...

hermhater
02-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Thomas is great...however Long is just as good fundamentally, but slightly larger and stronger. He should be just as good in pass blocking, but a better road grader (run blocker)...which fits the Herm style of (N)Offense...

Good one!

Chiefster
02-27-2008, 12:56 AM

Long won't make it to the number five spot.

chief31
02-27-2008, 02:11 AM

Agreed. Thomas was easily my pick for ROY, over A.P. The Browns' offense has been crap for years, and Thomas joins them, then POW! instant offense.

Long my be a better prospect, that is in the eye of the beholder, but Thomas, in one season, has been all that anyone might have hoped he would be.

Long has his work cut-out for him, if he wants to make the same kind of impact that Thomas did.

I like Longs tools as well as anyone, but Thomas is the cream of the crop as far as drafted OTs goes.

hermhater
02-27-2008, 02:14 AM
Long won't make it to the number five spot.

Hey a guy can hope and dream!

hermhater
02-27-2008, 02:22 AM
Agreed. Thomas was easily my pick for ROY, over A.P. The Browns' offense has been crap for years, and Thomas joins them, then POW! instant offense.

Long my be a better prospect, that is in the eye of the beholder, but Thomas, in one season, has been all that anyone might have hoped he would be.

Long has his work cut-out for him, if he wants to make the same kind of impact that Thomas did.

I like Longs tools as well as anyone, but Thomas is the cream of the crop as far as drafted OTs goes.

Cleveland made out like bandits last year, eh?

chief31
02-27-2008, 04:06 AM
Cleveland made out like bandits last year, eh?

Yup. I imagine that they are o.k. with skipping the first round of this years draft, considering how well they did last year.

Chiefster
02-27-2008, 07:40 AM
Hey a guy can hope and dream!

Your right; my apologies...

Continue. :p

texaschief
02-27-2008, 01:17 PM

umm, no. there were many more factors into that offense than a rookie OT. Anderson realized his potential, Winslow stayed healthy, Edwards became the WR he was drafted to be and Jamaal Lewis doesn't hurt ANY rushing attack. It's rediculous to say all that production came from one OL.

Peterson by far should be R.O.Y. he missed a couple games and still was only 140 yards behind LT for the rushing title.

Canada
02-27-2008, 05:54 PM
umm, no. there were many more factors into that offense than a rookie OT. Anderson realized his potential, Winslow stayed healthy, Edwards became the WR he was drafted to be and Jamaal Lewis doesn't hurt ANY rushing attack. It's rediculous to say all that production came from one OL.

Peterson by far should be R.O.Y. he missed a couple games and still was only 140 yards behind LT for the rushing title.

He couldn't beat the Chiefs!! :D

texaschief
02-27-2008, 06:36 PM
lol.....he's the only one. :lol: :lol:

rbedgood
02-27-2008, 10:12 PM
There are a few ways Jake Long could make it to #5. First of all, Miami likely takes the other Long (DE). Next St Louis would have to trade down, as they're most likely to take an offensive lineman. Atlanta will likely take a QB, and Oakland would have to take one of the top 2 Defensive Tackles to replace Sapp.

In my opinion the two teams most likely to take Jake Long in front of #5 are St Louis and Oakland. Personally I think St Louis is most likely to trade down with Dallas, who would take McFadden. Then the only question is whether Oakland would go after the defensive tackle they desperately need, or Jake Long. Their O-line looked decent the 2nd half of last year, and with Sapp retiring I'd wager they grab Ellis or Dorsey.

Chiefster
02-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Possible, but don't know how probable that is.

hermhater
02-28-2008, 02:29 AM
I just wanna win some games!

chief31
02-29-2008, 04:27 AM

Ummmm, yeah. Just because you give all the credit to the positional players, who had been unable to get squat done in recent years, doesn't blind me to what was going on there, nor in Minnesota.

Adrian Peterson was fortunate enough to get to run behind "Mount" McKinnie, Hutchison, and T-Rich.

Did you happen to notice that some schlub named Chester Taylor did awefully well in that same position, when A.D. was injured?

Who played even nearly as well as Thomas at left tackle, for the Browns....ever?

So, again, Joe Thomas was easily MY PICK for ROY in '07. In fact, very easily.

rbedgood
02-29-2008, 11:56 AM
I agree that Joe Thomas is a great talent. I still think Jake Long has the potential to be even better with his added strength. Obviously his pass blocking would be hard pressed to beat as Thomas was essentially perfect, however in run blocking I think Jake Long gets the edge....oh and for a team like the Chiefs run blocking is everything!!

jakesmith
02-29-2008, 11:09 PM
I agree that Joe Thomas is a great talent. I still think Jake Long has the potential to be even better with his added strength. Obviously his pass blocking would be hard pressed to beat as Thomas was essentially perfect, however in run blocking I think Jake Long gets the edge....oh and for a team like the Chiefs run blocking is everything!!

Agreed, Long has a the strength to be a great run blocker. Lets just hope he is still there.

AkChief49
02-29-2008, 11:36 PM
Agreed, Long has a the strength to be a great run blocker. Lets just hope he is still there.Oh please,please,please,please,please,please,please,p lease.....:D

hermhater
02-29-2008, 11:53 PM
Oh please,please,please,please,please,please,please,p lease.....:D

....please,please,please,please,please,please,plea se,please,please,please....

Canada
03-01-2008, 12:07 AM
please

hermhater
03-01-2008, 12:10 AM
please

...please,please,please,please,please,please,pleas e,please,please,please,please,please....

Canada
03-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Ok Stop now. Don't beg.

DrunkHillbilly
03-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Ok Stop now. Don't beg.
I love it when they beg!!!!:D

Canada
03-01-2008, 12:15 AM
I love it when they beg!!!!:D

Me too....but HH?

hermhater
03-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Ok Stop now. Don't beg.

YouTube - Beggin Strips

:D

AkChief49
03-01-2008, 12:17 AM
YouTube - Beggin Strips (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPmVENYCJ2o)

:DKnew that was coming!:lol:

hermhater
03-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Knew that was coming!:lol:

I try to keep it simple for DH and Canada!

DrunkHillbilly
03-01-2008, 12:19 AM
Me too....but HH?
There are different things to beg for. Obviously we are hoping HH is begging for something different than my dirty mind is thinkin about!:sign0153:

Canada
03-01-2008, 12:20 AM

Yeah, like it is a strech for you to be simple!!

DrunkHillbilly
03-01-2008, 12:20 AM

About 20 beers and 4 or 5 Jager bombers later.........simple is what I need!!!!:toast2:

hermhater
03-01-2008, 12:26 AM
Yeah, like it is a strech for you to be simple!!

Every once in a while I shine, but normally I'm as dull as Chiefsters wit!

About 20 beers and 4 or 5 Jager bombers later.........simple is what I need!!!!:toast2:

Chiefster?

Are you available?

DH needs you!

DrunkHillbilly
03-01-2008, 12:31 AM
Every once in a while I shine, but normally I'm as dull as Chiefsters wit!

Chiefster?

Are you available?

DH needs you!

Is he servin Jager Bombers up???? I'm in!:drunkhb:

hermhater
03-01-2008, 12:32 AM
Is he servin Jager Bombers up???? I'm in!:drunkhb:

I doubt he has any Jager handy, but he's happily take your money in the Casino!

DrunkHillbilly
03-01-2008, 12:36 AM
I doubt he has any Jager handy, but he's happily take your money in the Casino!
Nobody there!!!

hermhater
03-01-2008, 12:54 AM
Nobody there!!!

Had to run to the store!

I'm there now!

rbedgood
03-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Chiester sticks to DC on the rocks.

Diet Coke that is...

Canada
03-07-2008, 09:05 AM

YouTube - My New Haircut

Might be some swearing, but funny!! :D

Chiefster
03-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Chiester sticks to DC on the rocks.

Diet Coke that is...

:bananen_smilies046::sign0098: