PDA

View Full Version : Cloverfield...

texaschief
01-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Absolutely the best monster movie i've ever seen.

J.J. Abrams wanted to create an origanl monster than NY could call it's own and delivered BIG TIME....can't wait for the OBVIOUS sequel.....

and yes, i did go see it at midnight lastnight. :lol:

hermhater
01-18-2008, 04:30 PM
I'll have to check it out when it releases on DVD.

I don't go to the movies.

prough91
01-18-2008, 05:05 PM
I'll have to check it out when it releases on DVD.

I don't go to the movies.

I'd go, if I could find a babysitter.

hermhater
01-18-2008, 05:06 PM
I'd go, if I could find a babysitter.

Can't you find some teenage girl around your parts?

prough91
01-18-2008, 05:07 PM
Can't you find some teenage girl around your parts?

Probably, but if I pay a babysitter, I won't be able to afford to go to the movie.

hermhater
01-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Probably, but if I pay a babysitter, I won't be able to afford to go to the movie.

Well do what I'm gonna do and wait for the DVD!

Netflix is only 4.99 a month, and you don't even have to leave the house!

texaschief
01-18-2008, 06:49 PM
definitely a movie that needs a big screen and surround sound....IMAX or theatre would be best, but if not, make sure you have the required equipment. lol

prough91
01-18-2008, 07:10 PM
definitely a movie that needs a big screen and surround sound....IMAX or theatre would be best, but if not, make sure you have the required equipment. lol

I have a 20 inch with one speaker. Will that work?

rbedgood
01-18-2008, 07:13 PM
I have a 20 inch with one speaker. Will that work?

Prough, head over to Phoenix in your cart and buggy, and by the time you get here the DVD will be out...I'll order it on Blockbuster.com and you can watch on my HD set-up...

Guru
01-18-2008, 07:51 PM
If it ends the way I have heard, I don't want to waste my money on it.

hermhater
01-18-2008, 07:54 PM
If it ends the way I have heard, I don't want to waste my money on it.

Does the monster turn out to be Herm and he comes to K.C. after destroying N.Y.?

:lol:

Guru
01-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Does the monster turn out to be Herm and he comes to K.C. after destroying N.Y.?

:lol:

you don't know how close you actually are.

hermhater
01-18-2008, 08:35 PM
you don't know how close you actually are.

Seriously?

I was just bashing on Herm (in case you couldn't tell, texaschief, I like to do that)!

Well I'm gonna rent it when it comes out, so don't tell me the ending.

chief31
01-19-2008, 04:19 PM

I went this morning, and I thought it was awesome!!!! It wasn't a three hour epic. In fact, only 90 minutes. But I had a great time, and I agree that missing it at the theatre would be a mistake. (If you don't mind the premise of the movie.)

I may be going to see it again tonight. I don't think that I can allow myself not to share this with my kids.

texaschief
01-23-2008, 02:04 PM
the end definitely sets up more installments.

I'm excited now that NY has it's own monster. It by far kicks the crap out of any other monster out there.

DrunkHillbilly
01-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Eh.... OK I guess. Could have definetly waited for the DVD.

hermhater
01-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Eh.... OK I guess. Could have definetly waited for the DVD.

That's what I'm doing!

I was gonna download it, but it seems those guys kept that movie under wraps pretty good.

Can't find a copy that wasn't recorded with a cam corder in the theater and those usually suck!

DrunkHillbilly
01-23-2008, 02:27 PM
That's what I'm doing!

I was gonna download it, but it seems those guys kept that movie under wraps pretty good.

Can't find a copy that wasn't recorded with a cam corder in the theater and those usually suck!
You wouldn't know it but your last statement is teeeeeribly funny!! Camcorder huh!!!!!!!!!

hermhater
01-23-2008, 02:40 PM
You wouldn't know it but your last statement is teeeeeribly funny!! Camcorder huh!!!!!!!!!

Share with the rest of the class!

I want to laugh!

DrunkHillbilly
01-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Share with the rest of the class!

I want to laugh!
The whole damn movie is filmed through a camcorder!!!!!!:lol:

hermhater
01-23-2008, 02:43 PM
The whole damn movie is filmed through a camcorder!!!!!!:lol:

Oh!

Now that is funny!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

texaschief
01-23-2008, 06:11 PM
That's what I'm doing!

LMFAO!!!! :funnypost: :funnypost: :funnypost:

I litterally started choking on my coke....i hate soda in the nose. :D :D

hermhater
01-23-2008, 06:15 PM
LMFAO!!!! :funnypost: :funnypost: :funnypost:

I litterally started choking on my coke....i hate soda in the nose. :D :D

Wow. I've been doing it wrong.

Over 9000 posts trying to get others to laugh and all it took was mentioning a cam corder!

:biggrin:

anaeelbackwards
01-23-2008, 06:17 PM
hahah i just love the ones with the camcorder especially the ones that are put in one spot then definitely someone stands or sits in the way, those are the best.

texaschief
01-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Wow. I've been doing it wrong.

Over 9000 posts trying to get others to laugh and all it took was mentioning a cam corder!

:biggrin:

well, now you know:lol: :lol:

hermhater
01-23-2008, 08:06 PM
hahah i just love the ones with the camcorder especially the ones that are put in one spot then definitely someone stands or sits in the way, those are the best.

I know it, that's why I hate those copies!

:mob:

hermhater
01-24-2008, 02:03 PM
Well I have started watching Cloverfield, and it's over 10 minutes in.

I'm watching one of those crappy camcorder videos of a movie shot with a camcorder.

When does it get good?

hermhater
01-24-2008, 02:10 PM
20 minutes in before anything happens.

I hope this gets better.

DrunkHillbilly
01-24-2008, 02:26 PM
20 minutes in before anything happens.

I hope this gets better.
I tried to warn you!

hermhater
01-24-2008, 02:30 PM
I tried to warn you!

There's a little bit of action happening now, but I still haven't seen a friggin' monster.

hermhater
01-24-2008, 02:32 PM
This reminds me of some Blair Witch Project crap.

DrunkHillbilly
01-24-2008, 02:38 PM
I wasn't impressed. Neither were my 13 and 14 year olds!! My daughter was pissed at the ending!

hermhater
01-24-2008, 02:44 PM
I wasn't impressed. Neither were my 13 and 14 year olds!! My daughter was pissed at the ending!

Well 46 minutes in and I'm not impressed either.

I guess I have to finish it now though.

hermhater
01-24-2008, 03:10 PM
That movie completely sucked.

texaschief I gotta wonder what you thought was so good about it.

texaschief
01-24-2008, 03:23 PM
That movie completely sucked.

texaschief I gotta wonder what you thought was so good about it.

the ending does lack substance....but i thought it was great!! of course, i didn't watch it on a camcorder video without surround and a 3 story screen either. so, i'm sure that DID suck. btw, i'm not the only one who loves it. it's getting rave reviews all over the country from critics.

this monster has the potential to be bad ***....all depends on what they do with it from here on out.

hermhater
01-24-2008, 03:49 PM
the ending does lack substance....but i thought it was great!! of course, i didn't watch it on a camcorder video without surround and a 3 story screen either. so, i'm sure that DID suck. btw, i'm not the only one who loves it. it's getting rave reviews all over the country from critics.

this monster has the potential to be bad ***....all depends on what they do with it from here on out.

I'm sure the special effects were more than awesome in the theater.

I also hate that it was filmed with a camcorder. It reminded me of that Blair Witch Project crap.

AkChief49
01-24-2008, 03:55 PM
This reminds me of some Blair Witch Project crap.
the wife and I went last night. and I said to her "this is Blair Witch meets Godzilla"!! I think there was 10 people in the theater.

texaschief
01-24-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm sure the special effects were more than awesome in the theater.

I also hate that it was filmed with a camcorder. It reminded me of that Blair Witch Project crap.

yeah, but a lot of ppl loved that movie too. I wasn't one of them. lol

after the first 20 min. i forgot about that part. it's kinda like sub titles. I forgot i was reading during Passion of the Christ. lol

hermhater
01-24-2008, 04:04 PM
yeah, but a lot of ppl loved that movie too. I wasn't one of them. lol

after the first 20 min. i forgot about that part. it's kinda like sub titles. I forgot i was reading during Passion of the Christ. lol

Blair Witch is my GF's favorite movie, I just don't get it.

I do see now how J.J. got away with only spending 30million on the movie though, and I'm sure it's made much more than that at the box office.

texaschief
01-24-2008, 04:05 PM
i think the next installment would be great if it was filmed by "mobile crews" like you see in reality tv. That way, you keep the premise of "experiencing the monster" while making it easier to follow and calming down the view a little.

But you could have one movie with "military crews" following the generals and military, a movie from a civilian point of view, a movie from a "lost crew" somewhere in the city.

There is just SO much that can be done with this movie/saga.

hermhater
01-24-2008, 04:07 PM
i think the next installment would be great if it was filmed by "mobile crews" like you see in reality tv. That way, you keep the premise of "experiencing the monster" while making it easier to follow and calming down the view a little.

But you could have one movie with "military crews" following the generals and military, a movie from a civilian point of view, a movie from a "lost crew" somewhere in the city.

There is just SO much that can be done with this movie/saga.

Yeah that would have helped immensely.

I don't want to give too much of the movie away, but there were other things that pissed me off about it too.

I can't mention them really without letting some of the details known.

I LOVE monster movies but I just don't see this as a monster movie.

texaschief
01-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Yeah that would have helped immensely.

I don't want to give too much of the movie away, but there were other things that pissed me off about it too.

I can't mention them really without letting some of the details known.

I LOVE monster movies but I just don't see this as a monster movie.

it can't be like all the others. then it's just another monster movie. I thought this was inovative. a completely original monster with an original story line and original POV. I love that nothing was answered! :lol: :lol:

that just means there will be another. :lol: :lol:

DrunkHillbilly
01-24-2008, 04:42 PM

I find that most of the time the majority of people I talk to, totally disagree with what the so called movie critics say.

texaschief
01-24-2008, 04:55 PM
the only thing i've heard that ppl disliked about the movie was the ending....which essentially is just frustration because ppl don't wanna wait for part 2.

well, that and the whole cam corder thing

I guarantee those ppl *****ing about the end of this movie will be shelling out another 8 bucks to see the next installment.

chief31
01-25-2008, 01:52 AM
Well I have started watching Cloverfield, and it's over 10 minutes in.

I'm watching one of those crappy camcorder videos of a movie shot with a camcorder.

When does it get good?

When you go to the theater and see it. :D

Some people will hate it, and others will love it. Put me in the love it catergory.

But then, I didn't hate the Blair Witch thing.

hermhater
01-25-2008, 02:00 AM
When you go to the theater and see it. :D

Some people will hate it, and others will love it. Put me in the love it catergory.

But then, I didn't hate the Blair Witch thing.

Jeez...

I suppose you like that NYPD Blue crap too?

Watching video someone shoots without the skill to record something is just sickening to me!

:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
01-25-2008, 02:04 AM
Jeez...

I suppose you like that NYPD Blue crap too?

Watching video someone shoots without the skill to record something is just sickening to me!

:bananen_smilies046:

So then you hate any kind of real video clips that people catch, like AFHV (Americas Funniest Home Videos)?

Have you ever done a search on youtube, for fights? There are some really good ones. But they are all recrded with a camcorder. :D

hermhater
01-25-2008, 02:08 AM
So then you hate any kind of real video clips that people catch, like AFHV (Americas Funniest Home Videos)?

Have you ever done a search on youtube, for fights? There are some really good ones. But they are all recrded with a camcorder. :D

AFV is in my top 2 favorite TV shows to watch, and I watch a lot of fights (not on You Tube though).

But an entire movie?

That just screams of low budget!

chief31
01-25-2008, 05:27 AM
AFV is in my top 2 favorite TV shows to watch, and I watch a lot of fights (not on You Tube though).

But an entire movie?

That just screams of low budget!

Unless it is a thirty-million dollar movie, And shows incredible footage of a godzilla-sized monster. :lol:

Chiefster
01-25-2008, 06:27 AM
I'll wait until it comes out on DVD and then rent it.

DrunkHillbilly
01-25-2008, 04:48 PM
the only thing i've heard that ppl disliked about the movie was the ending....which essentially is just frustration because ppl don't wanna wait for part 2.

well, that and the whole cam corder thing

I guarantee those ppl *****ing about the end of this movie will be shelling out another 8 bucks to see the next installment.
Not this one!!!!