PDA

View Full Version : Priest

chief31
03-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Friday, on N.F.L. Network, Tony Gonzales and Rich Eisen were discussing the return of Priest Holmes, to the Chiefs, this season. T.G. said that if Priest says he is coming back, then he would expect him to return.

My first thought was...:sign0162: ...Go Priest!!!

Then the reallity set in. Herm won't let him have a chance to take the starting job from L.J. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chiefs attempt to unload him through a trade. Likely, for a seventh round pick.

However, the visions of Priest cutting between his blockers for big chunks of yardage, and some touchdowns, does stir-up some emotions.

Coach
03-18-2007, 09:21 PM
He won't start. But, he'd be a nice insurance policy. God knows LJ needs some help. Last year he broke the single season carry record.

Chiefster
03-19-2007, 01:59 AM
He won't start. But, he'd be a nice insurance policy. God knows LJ needs some help. Last year he broke the single season carry record.

I agree, but wouldn't rule out a trade; Herm as made no secret of the fact that he wants this team to get younger.

YZILLA
03-19-2007, 04:18 AM
I say let him play one season . They have been paying him anyways since hes been hurt. Hes the type of guy who always puts out 100 % He really cant do much worse than Bennett at this point ( who is always coming off an injury or getting injured ) . They need a Big back Like Lorenzo Neil to blow holes for larry to follow through if they get rid of Holmes.

Coach
03-19-2007, 09:56 AM
I say let him play one season . They have been paying him anyways since hes been hurt. Hes the type of guy who always puts out 100 % He really cant do much worse than Bennett at this point ( who is always coming off an injury or getting injured ) . They need a Big back Like Lorenzo Neil to blow holes for larry to follow through if they get rid of Holmes.

Yep!
:rock_dj:

Chiefster
03-19-2007, 04:45 PM

I would love to see him in the backfield again, but do wonder about his effectiveness if the "O" Line does not improve.

wolfpack
03-19-2007, 05:53 PM
i would love to see preist play again but its getting harder to see it happening.

stlchief
03-19-2007, 11:32 PM
I believe LJ will make 800k this year. He has been nothing but unhappy in KC. Think he'll be a Chief next year? If Priest is coming back, I would trade LJ for a couple of young players and a draft pick or 2. Bring Priest back, let him mentor a new RB and really rebuild. I think you lose LJ after the season anyway. Why not get something for the future for him? I don't think this is the year we make a run anyway. Remeber LJ talking about learning to wait for his blocks from Priest? Let Priest show another talented, gifted runner how to be an NFL back. "# of carries" record should be for the coach. That was his decision. Average # of yrds per carry --> that's the offensive line's stat. Yards after first touch, that is the one the RB owns by himself --> and I don't think LJ is the top there. I love the Chiefs and admire LJ, but if we building for the future, LJ is the biggest building block we have...

Chiefster
03-20-2007, 12:36 AM
I believe LJ will make 800k this year. He has been nothing but unhappy in KC. Think he'll be a Chief next year? If Priest is coming back, I would trade LJ for a couple of young players and a draft pick or 2. Bring Priest back, let him mentor a new RB and really rebuild. I think you lose LJ after the season anyway. Why not get something for the future for him? I don't think this is the year we make a run anyway. Remeber LJ talking about learning to wait for his blocks from Priest? Let Priest show another talented, gifted runner how to be an NFL back. "# of carries" record should be for the coach. That was his decision. Average # of yrds per carry --> that's the offensive line's stat. Yards after first touch, that is the one the RB owns by himself --> and I don't think LJ is the top there. I love the Chiefs and admire LJ, but if we building for the future, LJ is the biggest building block we have...

Good post, and welcome to the Crowd! BTW

I'll still be surprised to see Priest back in the Red and gold.

chief31
03-22-2007, 12:10 PM

I like the way you think. :character0075: OMG!!!! IT'S AN ERIC CARTMAN SMILEY!!!!!

Oops, sorry about the ADD there.

But, anything that includes dealing L.J. away, makes me smile.

Coach
03-22-2007, 10:08 PM
LJ isn't going anywhere and Priest won't come back in my opinion.

stlchief
03-23-2007, 01:41 AM
you are right - LJ is probably not going anywhere, but he will have to be franchised next year to keep him here.

But if Priest says is playing (and those around him say it), why wouldn't he be a perfect 2nd or 3rd back in the rotation. He is inifinitely better than LJ on 3rd and long (he picks up blitzes better / has better hands / runs a screen better)? If he comes back, the offense is better with him as the #2 or #3 back than where we were this year.

Chiefster
03-23-2007, 08:15 PM
you are right - LJ is probably not going anywhere, but he will have to be franchised next year to keep him here.

But if Priest says is playing (and those around him say it), why wouldn't he be a perfect 2nd or 3rd back in the rotation. He is inifinitely better than LJ on 3rd and long (he picks up blitzes better / has better hands / runs a screen better)? If he comes back, the offense is better with him as the #2 or #3 back than where we were this year.

Agreed, but I'm curious as to how well he'll do with the current "O" line. I have to agree with admin; I'll be, pleasantly, surprised if he comes back.

kenny1937
03-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Agreed, but I'm curious as to how well he'll do with the current "O" line. I have to agree with admin; I'll be, pleasantly, surprised if he comes back.

It would be great to see Priest come back, even if he is not the runner he was, he will be better than a lot of teams starter, but daydreaming aside, I lean towards agreeing with Coach and Chiefster, he probably won't, but I will be happy if he does.

:bananen_smilies032: :bananen_smilies032:

Chiefster
03-29-2007, 12:27 PM
It would be great to see Priest come back, even if he is not the runner he was, he will be better than a lot of teams starter, but daydreaming aside, I lean towards agreeing with Coach and Chiefster, he probably won't, but I will be happy if he does.

:bananen_smilies032: :bananen_smilies032:

Yup! We could do a whole lot wrose.

kenny1937
03-31-2007, 05:48 PM
Yep, come on back Priest, this old Chief fan would like to see you run again.

:bananen_smilies091: :bananen_smilies091: :bananen_smilies091:

Chiefster
04-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Yep, come on back Priest, this old Chief fan would like to see you run again.

:bananen_smilies091: :bananen_smilies091: :bananen_smilies091:

It would be nice, but I don't hold out a lot of hope for that senario.

jgunn1966
04-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Priest and Larry line up real nice on Madden '06,but Roaf is playing LT and we all know that helps. Did Roaf ever say if he was coming back this year, if I remember right he left the door open about coming back after one year off.Has any one heard about his retirement status?

Chiefster
04-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Priest and Larry line up real nice on Madden '06,but Roaf is playing LT and we all know that helps. Did Roaf ever say if he was coming back this year, if I remember right he left the door open about coming back after one year off.Has any one heard about his retirement status?

Roaf won't be returning.

jgunn1966
04-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Have the Chiefs put him on the retirement list?

chief31
04-02-2007, 06:09 AM
Have the Chiefs put him on the retirement list?
He asked the team to do that, last season, after Trent got hurt. Due to the speculations, from fans and media, he wanted to end the discussion. However, even though I don't think it will happen, I haven't heard anything final.

Cisco Kid
04-02-2007, 06:26 AM
He asked the team to do that, last season, after Trent got hurt. Due to the speculations, from fans and media, he wanted to end the discussion. However, even though I don't think it will happen, I haven't heard anything final.

If Priest were to return at 100% strength things would be rather interesting in K.C.. Could his return help to foster a trade of LJ? Sure we've heard of the on going talks with LJ's agent about a long term deal, but there are still a large number of RB hungry teams out there. One such team is the Buffalo Bills who are equipped with #1/11 and two 2nd round picks...makes you kind of stop and ponder the "what if" question doesn't it?

Howdy there Mr. 31...I'll be calling this place home from here on out.

chief31
04-02-2007, 08:56 AM
If Priest were to return at 100% strength things would be rather interesting in K.C.. Could his return help to foster a trade of LJ? Sure we've heard of the on going talks with LJ's agent about a long term deal, but there are still a large number of RB hungry teams out there. One such team is the Buffalo Bills who are equipped with #1/11 and two 2nd round picks...makes you kind of stop and ponder the "what if" question doesn't it?

Howdy there Mr. 31...I'll be calling this place home from here on out.

Well, good to make your acquaintance. This is a great place to show your enthusiasm, for the Chiefs, as well as, to vent your frustrations. Hope to share some viewpoints,( as this one) and disagree on some too, in the near future.

wolfpack
04-02-2007, 10:35 AM
i just wish he would say yea or nea real soon. i getting tired of "is he or isn`t he". just make up your mind and move on.

Chiefster
04-02-2007, 03:41 PM

I fully expect that Priest is through playing in a Chiefs uniform.

Chiefster
04-02-2007, 03:43 PM
...Howdy there Mr. 31...I'll be calling this place home from here on out.

...And, a fine "home" you've picked; glad your here. :D

Canada
04-03-2007, 06:23 PM
I fully expect that Priest is through playing in a Chiefs uniform.
Unfortunately, I fully expect that Priest is finished playing in a football uniform.

Chiefster
04-04-2007, 05:25 AM
Unfortunately, I fully expect that Priest is finished playing in a football uniform.

This may also be true.

wolfpack
04-04-2007, 10:05 AM
he was a better back than LJ is. more balanced as in running ,catching,and blocking. but with his age and that injury he needs to retire.

Chiefster
04-04-2007, 11:32 PM
he was a better back than LJ is. more balanced as in running ,catching,and blocking. but with his age and that injury he needs to retire.

Agreed.

stlchief
04-05-2007, 12:08 AM
Anyone in their right mind comparing LJ & Priest is nuts. Priest is the man. With Priest back there, maybe the rushing yards drop, but so do the number of sacks and missed passes.

I keep my fingers crossed for his return (which numerous people say will happen).

kenny1937
04-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Having him even on a "limited" basis, would be nice, we will have to wait and see, it's April and it keeps inching towards another Football season. Can't get here quickenough to suit me.

:character00182: :bazooka: :invasion:

Chiefster
04-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Having him even on a "limited" basis, would be nice, we will have to wait and see, it's April and it keeps inching towards another Football season. Can't get here quickenough to suit me.

:character00182: :bazooka: :invasion:

Same here; football withdraw is murder.

wolfpack
04-06-2007, 01:36 AM
thank god for my recorded games.

kenny1937
04-06-2007, 02:21 AM
You can say that again, wolfpack, my favorite is the game when Joe Montana, came back and beat Elway and the Donk's.

:sign0156: :bananen_smilies100: :bananen_smilies100:

wolfpack
04-06-2007, 10:21 AM
that was a classic betwwen to hall of fame QB`S.

kenny1937
04-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Same here; football withdraw is murder.

It sure is, Arena Football just don't cut it!!

:Sports Car 2: :bananen_smilies100: :sign0156:

Chiefster
04-06-2007, 03:14 PM
thank god for my recorded games.

Ditto that!

Chiefster
04-06-2007, 03:15 PM
It sure is, Arena Football just don't cut it!!

:Sports Car 2: :bananen_smilies100: :sign0156:

It is a poor substitute.

kenny1937
04-06-2007, 07:06 PM
It is a poor substitute.

Yes, it is worse than lard for butter, (grin)

:split: :bananen_smilies084: :sign0153:

Chiefster
04-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Yes, it is worse than lard for butter, (grin)

:split: :bananen_smilies084: :sign0153:

Except no substitutes.