PDA

View Full Version : Change the offensive plan ?

YZILLA
03-19-2007, 04:31 AM
Anyone here sit in the stands and think , Wow we are a very predictable offense . Seems like they have about 5 plays they run and the big pass play to Dante in the corner of the endzone . I thinks the Colts rolled all over us because they basically knew what we were gonna do. Way too basic in my opinion. We need a deep ball reciever to blow by the DB's and get some points on the board. If not that at least some big and tall recievers who can go up and grab some passes over everyones heads or at least draw some Pass interferance flags ! We all know Tony is gonna do what he does , but he needs someone to keep the defense honest so we can get him open. Kennison and parker are pretty decent , but they dont scare anyone . I hope Herm lets his coaches do a little more this year whith play calling so we can keep the defense Guessing !.........YZILLA

PS : We really should dump Ty Law - Hes a big name and all , But seems to get burned pretty easliy the past two years . hes lost a step or two IMHO.

Coach
03-19-2007, 09:53 AM
I agree that we need a big play WR. None of our WR's are starters for any other team in the NFL.

Chiefster
03-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Anyone here sit in the stands and think , Wow we are a very predictable offense . Seems like they have about 5 plays they run and the big pass play to Dante in the corner of the endzone . I thinks the Colts rolled all over us because they basically knew what we were gonna do. Way too basic in my opinion. We need a deep ball reciever to blow by the DB's and get some points on the board. If not that at least some big and tall recievers who can go up and grab some passes over everyones heads or at least draw some Pass interferance flags ! We all know Tony is gonna do what he does , but he needs someone to keep the defense honest so we can get him open. Kennison and parker are pretty decent , but they dont scare anyone . I hope Herm lets his coaches do a little more this year whith play calling so we can keep the defense Guessing !.........YZILLA

PS : We really should dump Ty Law - Hes a big name and all , But seems to get burned pretty easliy the past two years . hes lost a step or two IMHO.

This was my train of thought all last season, and throughout the Marty-ball years.

wolfpack
03-19-2007, 05:51 PM
hermie change the offense,hahahaha i cant type from laughing to hard. i guess he already has changed it, from attack to nursing home ball. even marty changed his offense up after the ravens game last year. the way its going its easier to get up and get your beer and pee when we have the ball then to wait for a commercial.

Coach
03-29-2007, 12:31 AM
hermie change the offense,hahahaha i cant type from laughing to hard. i guess he already has changed it, from attack to nursing home ball. even marty changed his offense up after the ravens game last year. the way its going its easier to get up and get your beer and pee when we have the ball then to wait for a commercial.

We'll still move the ball. But the days of being a prolific offense are long gone.

kenny1937
03-29-2007, 03:00 AM
We'll still move the ball. But the days of being a prolific offense are long gone.

True Coach, and I agree with you wolfpack, I think Hermie talked it over with his friend Tony, and aked him his opinion of his playbook, or should I say his Playcomicbook.

:character00247: don't worry, I have got the situation in hand!! :sign0095:

Chiefster
03-29-2007, 12:20 PM

Unfortunately, sad but true. Now starts another era when our defense becomes our offense.

kenny1937
03-31-2007, 05:52 PM
I wonder if we will ever get out of the Marty Ball, Hermie Ball era, seeing some offense ara would be nice(daydreaming) (grin).

:character0074: :bananen_smilies091: :shootingsoldier:

Canada
04-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Why does it always have to be offence OR defence. This team is finally balancing out. Sure the offence could be better there are some holes in the defence but it was not so long ago that we had a potent high powered offensive machine and what happened? Yup, 1st round loss to....Indy. Yeah offence is fun to watch, but lets give Herm a chance. You can score all day but if you can't stop anyone whats the point?? Herm wants to pound the ball and punish teams on defence and in my opinion that is what football is all about so I personally don't mind if we don't have one of those sissy *** air it out flag football offences, but a grind it out smash mouth offence. Hopefully Solari learned something last year and maybe the offence will open up a little more this year. Huard will be better prepared. But the Hermie ball era might be a little premature!!

wolfpack
04-04-2007, 01:09 AM
i guess moving the ball to field goal range is moving the ball.pounding the ball with LJ is nice but teams will do like indy did. when preist was here it was a balanced attack. trouble is LJ cant catch so you know he will only run with it. hermieball means run,run,pass,punt. 3rd and 2,run,3rd and 10,run the ball. dickie`s "o" you didnt know if or when we would pass.

Chiefster
04-04-2007, 05:18 AM
Why does it always have to be offence OR defence. This team is finally balancing out. Sure the offence could be better there are some holes in the defence but it was not so long ago that we had a potent high powered offensive machine and what happened? Yup, 1st round loss to....Indy. Yeah offence is fun to watch, but lets give Herm a chance. You can score all day but if you can't stop anyone whats the point?? Herm wants to pound the ball and punish teams on defence and in my opinion that is what football is all about so I personally don't mind if we don't have one of those sissy *** air it out flag football offences, but a grind it out smash mouth offence. Hopefully Solari learned something last year and maybe the offence will open up a little more this year. Huard will be better prepared. But the Hermie ball era might be a little premature!!

Not to totally disagree, but...

Problem here is that unless you can balance that with some semblance of passing proficiency then you don't have an offence that can come from behind quickly, and Hermie-ball is way too easy to figure out.

Canada
04-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Not to totally disagree, but...

Problem here is that unless you can balance that with some semblance of passing proficiency then you don't have an offence that can come from behind quickly, and Hermie-ball is way too easy to figure out.
That was the first thing I said...balance. I am not saying never throw the ball. But to start calling it Hermie ball after a year with a new offensive co -ordinator no offensive line help and a new QB, Herm did what any coach would have done...rode LJ to the playoffs. I am just sayin that maybe being the first people to point out what Herm is doing "wrong" isn't gonna help anything. Remember he did take us to the playoffs. Now lets give him a chance to take us to the next level. And "Hermie ball" seems an awful lot like what the Ravens played when they won the SB!

Canada
04-04-2007, 10:39 AM
I guess I agree that we need to change the offensive plan, I just hate all this this "hermie ball" and "marty ball" crap. Yes, Herm needs to put a good offence on the field, but I will take a bit of a downgrade in the offence of the last 5 years for a defensive improvement.

wolfpack
04-04-2007, 11:24 AM
i want an offense to attack every play. they way hermieball plays is get acouple of first downs and give the defense a rest. if we get 3 pts, thats great. dont take chances. thats BS, attack go for touchdowns,take chances every so often. hermies "o" is also so PREDICTABLE. you,the D-cord,my dead grandma knows his offense. other teams have come out and said they couldnt figure out what Al`s offense was going to run. thats a good "o'. a good to great defense can take care of them selfes.

Canada
04-04-2007, 11:52 AM
i want an offense to attack every play. they way hermieball plays is get acouple of first downs and give the defense a rest. if we get 3 pts, thats great. dont take chances. thats BS, attack go for touchdowns,take chances every so often. hermies "o" is also so PREDICTABLE. you,the D-cord,my dead grandma knows his offense. other teams have come out and said they couldnt figure out what Al`s offense was going to run. thats a good "o'. a good to great defense can take care of them selfes.
...all I am saying is that shouldn't Solari shoulder a bit of the blame for this? I agree, I want the Al Saunders O back, I also want Gunther's D from the 90s back, unfortunately getting all of that this year is not likely. I just see a lot of people who are getting on Herm without really giving him a chance. I may be singing a diffeent tune at the end of this season, but I am going to give him a chance. Defence wins Championships. We know that offence didn't, so lets give Herm give it a try.:)

Coach
04-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Defense wins Championships. We know that offense didn't, so lets let Herm give it a try.:)

Good points. I just wish the offense could be more creative than run,run, pass, punt. ALA Chiefs at Colts in playoffs.
:ymca: :M16:

Canada
04-04-2007, 05:49 PM
I think they will be better, I am just not setting my hopes too high

diehardkcfan
04-04-2007, 06:53 PM
I wonder if we will ever get out of the Marty Ball, Hermie Ball era, seeing some offense ara would be nice(daydreaming) (grin).

:character0074: :bananen_smilies091: :shootingsoldier:

we had an offensive era, like 4 years ago, remember we score 42 and they score 45!

Chiefster
04-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Good points. I just wish the offense could be more creative than run,run, pass, punt. ALA Chiefs at Colts in playoffs.
:ymca: :M16:

Ditto! That's all I'm saying; is phulease get a little more creative. :)

Chiefster
04-04-2007, 11:28 PM
...all I am saying is that shouldn't Solari shoulder a bit of the blame for this? I agree, I want the Al Saunders O back, I also want Gunther's D from the 90s back, unfortunately getting all of that this year is not likely. I just see a lot of people who are getting on Herm without really giving him a chance. I may be singing a diffeent tune at the end of this season, but I am going to give him a chance. Defence wins Championships. We know that offence didn't, so lets give Herm give it a try.:)

There's a reason the Jets let him go for a fourth round pick.

I understand what you're saying, but I can't help but be skeptical of Herm until he can show me a legitimate championship run. We all went through this with in the "Marty" years.

You make good arguments though. :D

wolfpack
04-05-2007, 10:49 AM
i agree hermie left or kicked out of N.Y. for a reason. one was his PREDICTABLE offense. i never was one that total beleived defense wins champingships,ask the bears. i think a top10 "D" with an attacking "O" will win champingships. i`ll wait and see on hermie but totally against his hermieball. i will always like AL`s "O" because you didnt know what he was going to run and he was always attacking.

kenny1937
04-05-2007, 12:35 PM
labeling like "Hermie Ball" is just a fun way of saying, "This is how the coach runs the team. He is after all the coach, and is responsible for how the team shows up on game day. A good offense, keeps even a good defense, on it's heels, so the argument for balance makes sense, as was stated when we scored 42, they would score 43, so you need a complete team to make the SuperBowl run. History reports coaches comfort levels in their style of coaching, how he coached one place indicates how he will coach in another arena, so we have what we have. Playing talent can go along way in aleviating coaching inadequacies, so let's hope for a great draft and free agencies aditions to our team. "GO CHIEFS"

:bananen_smilies068: :character00182: :bananen_smilies068:

Chiefster
04-05-2007, 09:54 PM
i agree hermie left or kicked out of N.Y. for a reason. one was his PREDICTABLE offense. i never was one that total beleived defense wins champingships,ask the bears. i think a top10 "D" with an attacking "O" will win champingships. i`ll wait and see on hermie but totally against his hermieball. i will always like AL`s "O" because you didnt know what he was going to run and he was always attacking.

Yup; wished we could have held onto Saunders, but even if we had I doubt Herm would have turned him loose. He would have pulled back on the reigns.

Chiefster
04-05-2007, 09:55 PM
labeling like "Hermie Ball" is just a fun way of saying, "This is how the coach runs the team. He is after all the coach, and is responsible for how the team shows up on game day. A good offense, keeps even a good defense, on it's heels, so the argument for balance makes sense, as was stated when we scored 42, they would score 43, so you need a complete team to make the SuperBowl run. History reports coaches comfort levels in their style of coaching, how he coached one place indicates how he will coach in another arena, so we have what we have. Playing talent can go along way in aleviating coaching inadequacies, so let's hope for a great draft and free agencies aditions to our team. "GO CHIEFS"

:bananen_smilies068: :character00182: :bananen_smilies068:

Agreed; good post! :)

wolfpack
04-06-2007, 01:28 AM
Yup; wished we could have held onto Saunders, but even if we had I doubt Herm would have turned him loose. He would have pulled back on the reigns.
it wouldbe a cold day in hell before hermie would let Al run the "o" they way he did.

kenny1937
04-06-2007, 02:26 AM
it wouldbe a cold day in hell before hermie would let Al run the "o" they way he did.

You got that right my friend, it just wouldn't happen!!

:sign0156: :bananen_smilies100: :bananen_smilies100:

YZILLA
04-06-2007, 04:26 AM

Exactly my point for this whole Topic - I went to 5 home games last year and I almost knew exactly when they would run and when they would throw. The little trick play to Dante in the corner of the endzone is only gonna work so often. The Chiefs lack of mixing it up is gonna kill them this year . i dont think the offensive line was the real problem as much as it was the play calling . It was like going to the same movie over and over again and getting really lucky if you saw something you missed the previous times. A very boring Script IMO. Kinda pisses me off that Someone in a huge staff doesnt see it. Every team that we come up against knows what is gonna happen. Thats why the Chiefs got their asses handed to them in Indy . They watched the tapes closely and knew what to do in every situation. They just made it look more gracefull then the other teams. Start playing with some strategy and remember that you are playing a game to win not to just get by.

wolfpack
04-06-2007, 10:14 AM
hermie always says you play to win, but watching him coach could of fooled me.

kenny1937
04-06-2007, 01:20 PM
hermie always says you play to win, but watching him coach could of fooled me.

Yep, His definition of winning is run, run, pass and punt, He is very good at it!! (grin)

:Sports Car 2: :bananen_smilies100: :sign0156:

Chiefster
04-06-2007, 03:19 PM
it would be a cold day in hell before hermie would let Al run the "o" they way he did.

Yup! And, unfortunately the long running joke is that the same conditions would exist there if the Chiefs where to win a Super Bowl.

kenny1937
04-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Yup! And, unfortunately the long running joke is that the same conditions would exist there if the Chiefs where to win a Super Bowl.
ROFL That is more than a long running joke, that is an never ending nightmare! (grin):bananen_smilies071: :bananen_smilies071: :bananen_smilies071:

Chiefster
04-06-2007, 10:19 PM
ROFL That is more than a long running joke, that is an never ending nightmare! (grin):bananen_smilies071: :bananen_smilies071: :bananen_smilies071:

It'd be nice to see it come to an end.

Canada
04-06-2007, 11:16 PM
The End Is Near!! I Can Feel It!! Go Chiefs!! Woooooo Hooooooo!!!

Chiefster
04-06-2007, 11:27 PM

LOL! It would be nice!

Coach
04-07-2007, 12:03 AM
Spoken like a Chicago Cubs fan.

Chiefster
04-07-2007, 03:24 AM
Spoken like a Chicago Cubs fan.

I kinda liked watching the cubs play when Harry Cary(sp) was announcing.

kenny1937
04-07-2007, 11:58 AM
I kinda liked watching the cubs play when Harry Cary(sp) was announcing.

Yup, I use to listen to him when he announced the St. Louis Cardinals baseball games.

:Sports Car: