PDA

View Full Version : Tren Green

X-factor
09-20-2005, 01:34 PM
Been wondering for some while now, who'll be the replacement for Trent Green...
I mean, he's turning 36 now and let's face it, is playing on atleast the second last tune.

You think Huard or Collins can fill his place?

Chiefster
09-20-2005, 07:23 PM
X-factor wrote:
I mean, he's turning 36 now and let's face it, is playing on atleast the second last tune.

In short: No chance. It is a valid concern though; wish I had an answer for it. I think we should have held onto Killian.

Old_admin
09-22-2005, 12:44 AM
Good to see you guys here in the forums. Regarding trent green, I don't know who would replace him. Let's just hope and pray he stays healthy this season. They don't have a good alternative for the #2 spot.

Chiefster
09-22-2005, 08:42 AM
admin wrote:
Good to see you guys here in the forums. Regarding trent green, I don't know who would replace him. Let's just hope and pray he stays healthy this season. They don't have a good alternative for the #2 spot

True, they haven't had a viable back-up QB since Rich Gannon.

Chiefster
02-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Seemed like a good time to revive this particular thread. :)

Guru
02-18-2007, 08:06 PM
True, they haven't had a viable back-up QB since Rich Gannon.

Who?

EDIT - I actually had to alter this because it was not at least 6 letters long. What kind of rule is that?

Chiefster
02-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Who?

EDIT - I actually had to alter this because it was not at least 6 letters long. What kind of rule is that?

Wow! not sure.

But, I probably should have said that we haven't had a viable back up QB since Elvis Grbac.

kenny1937
02-19-2007, 08:19 PM
I think Trent is good to go IF the head honcho beefs up the offensive line to allow for normal opperating time to make the selected plays. It is hard to complete a pass lying flat on the ground. Concussions will do nothing except shorten the life of the QB whoever he is.

wolfpack
02-20-2007, 10:12 AM
i think trent will take a pay cut and play one to two more years. just in time to train brodie or who ever. we saw brodie throw alot at the mini-camp and he hada cannon for a arm,but,,,,,, he seemed in college to get hurt alot and that bothers me. but it dosnt matter if they dont get a LT and shore up the rest of the line, any QB is doomed.

kenny1937
02-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Well put wolfpack, Joe Montana could not perform behind our present Ofennsive line, in fact offensive is a complimnet to this bunch!! (grin)

Chiefster
02-20-2007, 04:57 PM
i think trent will take a pay cut and play one to two more years. just in time to train brodie or who ever. we saw brodie throw alot at the mini-camp and he hada cannon for a arm,but,,,,,, he seemed in college to get hurt alot and that bothers me. but it dosnt matter if they dont get a LT and shore up the rest of the line, any QB is doomed.

Exactly! Well said.

Chiefster
02-20-2007, 04:58 PM
Well put wolfpack, Joe Montana could not perform behind our present Ofennsive line, in fact offensive is a complimnet to this bunch!! (grin)

Oh, I don't know; I found them to be quite "offensive".

kenny1937
02-21-2007, 02:58 AM
Oh, I don't know; I found them to be quite "offensive".

Yep, they are about as offensive as any bunch could get, Grin!!

wolfpack
02-22-2007, 10:47 AM
i thought Sheilds play last year showed his age. but it was still better than most guards in the nfl. Waters play seemed to be hurting also but he was playing both guard and LT. i say that because I-65 needed all the help he could get.

Chiefster
02-22-2007, 01:28 PM
i thought Sheilds play last year showed his age. but it was still better than most guards in the nfl. Waters play seemed to be hurting also but he was playing both guard and LT. i say that because I-65 needed all the help he could get.

Yup; thanks a heap Big Willie!

kenny1937
02-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Let's look at it realistically, our offensive line has age on it, and we need some folks that know how to play their positions with the talent to go with it. Had we been reloading with the right talent, we would not be in this pickle.
You have to think complete team, not just offense or defense, this is managements downfall for eighteen years, with no prospects of getting any better.

Chiefster
02-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Let's look at it realistically, our offensive line has age on it, and we need some folks that know how to play their positions with the talent to go with it. Had we been reloading with the right talent, we would not be in this pickle.
You have to think complete team, not just offense or defense, this is managements downfall for eighteen years, with no prospects of getting any better.

Unfortunately.

chief31
03-02-2007, 10:33 AM
Hasn't anyone been hearing the rumors? N.F.L. Netwoerks' Adam Schefter was reporting the Chiefs as "shopping around" both; Jared Allen and Trent Green. I think that we are going to rest the fate of our offense on the arm of Damon Huard.

While the idea scares the he77 out of me, and I'd hate to see Trent go, I think it is a good idea, to see if there is anything we could get for him, at this late stage in his career.

Chiefster
03-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Hasn't anyone been hearing the rumors? N.F.L. Netwoerks' Adam Schefter was reporting the Chiefs as "shopping around" both; Jared Allen and Trent Green. I think that we are going to rest the fate of our offense on the arm of Damon Huard.

While the idea scares the he77 out of me, and I'd hate to see Trent go, I think it is a good idea, to see if there is anything we could get for him, at this late stage in his career.
Yep; the boards have been buzzing. Where ya been? :)

kenny1937
03-02-2007, 11:35 AM
This management makes me ill, Trent Green would have taken the team further in the playoffs behind a "decent" o line, it is not a QB problem, it is a O line problem, but the present management are so tunneled visioned that all they can see is the QB, as for Allen, any half decent Management would be able to take care of his "problem", but I think that would be asking to much from this eneffective bunch.

:1374: :character00249: (guess who, grin)

chief31
03-02-2007, 12:32 PM
I have been working too much. And been working on a romantic interest, too. Plus, recently added puppies to our household. Just been real busy.

kenny1937
03-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Very understandable, good to have you posting again chief31, enjoy posting with you.

:character00176: :skateboard:

wolfpack
03-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Allen willbe a chief, Trent wont. Also saw where we are shopping around Danta and wesly.

Guru
03-03-2007, 12:45 AM
Allen willbe a chief, Trent wont. Also saw where we are shopping around Danta and wesly.

Man I would love to see Hall and Wesly gone.

chief31
03-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Wesley could go, but I don't havea problem with Hall. His biggest downfall is that Herm doesn't like the way he does his job. Wich means that he probably won't be allowed to be as dynamic as he once was, under Edwards.

Chiefster
03-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Wesley could go, but I don't havea problem with Hall. His biggest downfall is that Herm doesn't like the way he does his job. Wich means that he probably won't be allowed to be as dynamic as he once was, under Edwards.

The problem I have with Hall is that ever since he got lucky in that 2003 home Denver Game and scored a TD by running around all over the place, dancing around and running backwards he thinks that he can do that everytime the ball is kicked to him. I'll bet if he was fined 10k for everytime he ran backwards on a punt return he'd quit doin it, and his game might actually improve some.

kenny1937
03-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Yep, I have seen him run backwards and lose nine or ten yards, when if he had just lain down, the Chiefs would have decent field position. giving ground to gain ground is alright if the situation is right, he just doesn't seem to make good choices anymore. Getting back to Green, has anyone heard anything about his status?

:wos_armee_053: :character00247:

Chiefster
03-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Yep, I have seen him run backwards and lose nine or ten yards, when if he had just lain down, the Chiefs would have decent field position. giving ground to gain ground is alright if the situation is right, he just doesn't seem to make good choices anymore. Getting back to Green, has anyone heard anything about his status?

:wos_armee_053: :character00247:

Not since there was talk about a trade to Miami.

chief31
03-07-2007, 01:06 PM
The latest from the N.F.L. Network is that Trent has been given permission to seek a trade. The Chiefs have also made him a restructured offer. Rumor is, trade talks will be heating up soon, and that if a deal is made, Trent would have a pretty good value. (nothing precise was mentioned) Wonder if the Vikings might have some interest?

peekaboo224
03-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Hopefully the Chiefs can work out a plan with Green and he will stay at least another year or two before he retires. Basically he has not been injury prone, except last year when he took that hit, and he is still good. Give him some receivers this year that can catch and be the go to guy and we will have a great year.

Chiefster
03-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Hopefully the Chiefs can work out a plan with Green and he will stay at least another year or two before he retires. Basically he has not been injury prone, except last year when he took that hit, and he is still good. Give him some receivers this year that can catch and be the go to guy and we will have a great year.

Welcome to the "Crowd"!

I'm a big Trent Green fan and would love to see him back, but I don't think it will happen.

wolfpack
03-15-2007, 01:53 AM
he must really want to play. i mean a 6th or 7rnd pick,if you beleive the stories. that would tell me i`m not worth ahole lot. clark should offer him a job in the booth with lenny and mitch. i always like trent but he should retire.

Chiefster
03-15-2007, 08:30 AM
he must really want to play. i mean a 6th or 7rnd pick,if you beleive the stories. that would tell me i`m not worth ahole lot. clark should offer him a job in the booth with lenny and mitch. i always like trent but he should retire.

For health reasons I agree, but as far as tallent goes I think he still as one or two good seasons left in him. I think the Chiefs should offer him a position of the coaching staff as QB coach.

wolfpack
03-15-2007, 10:47 AM
i think he would make a great QB but he only knows attack offenses, not the boring, score 3 points and its ok offenses of hermie.

Chiefster
03-15-2007, 11:19 AM
i think he would make a great QB but he only knows attack offenses, not the boring, score 3 points and its ok offenses of hermie.

This is true; Green needs to establish a rhythm in the passing game and hermie-ball doesn't allow for that; on the other hand the only redeeming factor of hermie-ball is it's simplicity which places so much of the weight on the running game that it actually takes the pressure off the QB. Problem is that it is incredibly predictable.

Chiefsfan27
03-15-2007, 11:17 PM
who is collins?

Chiefster
03-16-2007, 03:00 AM
who is collins?

Todd Collins used to be the back up QB.

kenny1937
03-16-2007, 06:40 PM
I really like Trent, but I have to agree with Chiefster, he doesn't fit in with hermie ball, and I hate to see him humiliated by making him third string, I think that he will probably be playing for some one else, maybe not, but I don't have a feel for how he fits Herm's need at QB.

:character00269: :character00113: :bananen_smilies096:

Chiefster
03-16-2007, 10:13 PM
I really like Trent, but I have to agree with Chiefster, he doesn't fit in with hermie ball, and I hate to see him humiliated by making him third string, I think that he will probably be playing for some one else, maybe not, but I don't have a feel for how he fits Herm's need at QB.

:character00269: :character00113: :bananen_smilies096:

I wish Trent the best of luck.

chief31
03-18-2007, 02:03 PM
While I don't like my loac-most team, The Chicago Bears, I would like them a whole lot more, if Trent were here. The Bears have a very good O-line. (we all remember John Tait, he starts at LT for them.) In my opinion, they would be able to give Trent the time he needs, in the pocket. And, in return, he would throw the ball where recievers can't miss.

The other team, that I consider a good fit for Trent, is the Minnesota Vikings. They are looking for an accomplished veteran to help groom, second year "quarterback of the future" Tavaris. They, also, have a good O-line. And could use some accurate passing, to help their young, inconsistent recievers.

I would love to see him get a chance to start for a team with the O-line talent, to allow him to function properly.

Chiefster
03-19-2007, 05:00 PM
While I don't like my loac-most team, The Chicago Bears, I would like them a whole lot more, if Trent were here. The Bears have a very good O-line. (we all remember John Tait, he starts at LT for them.) In my opinion, they would be able to give Trent the time he needs, in the pocket. And, in return, he would throw the ball where recievers can't miss.

The other team, that I consider a good fit for Trent, is the Minnesota Vikings. They are looking for an accomplished veteran to help groom, second year "quarterback of the future" Tavaris. They, also, have a good O-line. And could use some accurate passing, to help their young, inconsistent recievers.

I would love to see him get a chance to start for a team with the O-line talent, to allow him to function properly.

I completely agree; good post; I just wish the Chiefs could have provided the support neccessary for him to end his career in KC.

stlchief
03-22-2007, 10:38 PM
ESPN said last night Green is working on a contract with Miami. Once they get that, then, supposedly, it's a done deal. They didn't mention draft picks...

chief31
03-23-2007, 06:38 PM
I have heard the same. I think Miami is the wrong place for Trent. They haven't bothered protecting a quarterback, since Marino.

Chiefster
03-23-2007, 08:10 PM
I have heard the same. I think Miami is the wrong place for Trent. They haven't bothered protecting a quarterback, since Marino.

I wish him well and hope he can stay healthy.

kenny1937
03-27-2007, 06:53 PM

Ditto chief31, he will probably wind up showing a younger QB how to do it, I don't see him faring well as a starter in Miami, like you say, QB's get eaten' there.
:bananen_smilies032: :bananen_smilies032:

Coach
03-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Any speculation about the Bears and Trent Green?

stlchief
03-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Never heard about the Bears. The favorites seem to be Detroit & Miami.

Coach
03-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Consider Detroit dead. I live in Detroit and don't hear anything even close to a trade. By the way, Dre Bly went to the donkeys today.

kenny1937
03-29-2007, 03:20 AM
I wish him well and hope he can stay healthy.

Me too, Chiefster, Trent is a class act.

:character00247:

:iamwithstupid:

Coach
03-29-2007, 09:31 AM
Now add Cleveland into the mix for Trent Green.

chief31
03-29-2007, 10:09 AM
And the Vikings.

wolfpack
03-29-2007, 10:49 AM
and the faiders. but i cant see that happening

Chiefster
03-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Man, I wish we would hang on to him. However, I understand the need for the team to begin getting "younger"; I just can't help but feel that we would only benefit from his experience.

kenny1937
03-31-2007, 06:03 PM
Man, I wish we would hang on to him. However, I understand the need for the team to begin getting "younger"; I just can't help but feel that we would only benefit from his experience.

That my friend is the truth, but I think that our management ned a new bottle of "smart" pills.

:character0074: :bananen_smilies091: :bananen_smilies091: :victory:

stlchief
03-31-2007, 06:56 PM
if trent stays, it would take back to back losses to split the fan base. half would be screaming to put him in, half would be screaming to stay the course for the long term good. you don't want Croyle to have a bad game and get booed (and yes - some how people in KC now boo the team on the field --> what's up with that?)

I think he has to go for the good of the team.

Coach
03-31-2007, 08:33 PM

I think he has to go for the good of the salary cap, but I wish we could keep him.

Canada
03-31-2007, 08:37 PM
they protected marino??

Chiefster
03-31-2007, 08:38 PM
if trent stays, it would take back to back losses to split the fan base. half would be screaming to put him in, half would be screaming to stay the course for the long term good. you don't want Croyle to have a bad game and get booed (and yes - some how people in KC now boo the team on the field --> what's up with that?)

I don't think that is necessarilly new to Arrowhead.

Chiefster
03-31-2007, 08:39 PM
I think he has to go for the good of the salary cap, but I wish we could keep him.

Bingo!

Coach
03-31-2007, 08:40 PM
Congrats to Kenny for hitting the 1000 post mark and joining the 'Hall of Fame' ranking!! Congrats Kenny and thanks for your contributions.

chief31
04-01-2007, 12:22 PM
they protected marino??

Ha,ha. I think they were, at least, taking the matter a little bit more seriously.

Chiefster
04-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Ha,ha. I think they were, at least, taking the matter a little bit more seriously.

Well just a tad. :D

jgunn1966
04-01-2007, 10:45 PM
What if we "showcase" Trent during preseason,keep Damon and Croyle under wraps(like they have much in their arsenal anyway) and maybe steal a stud from another team that lost a QB in the preseason. Then maybe we can fill a need that we couldn't address in the draft,ie WR,DT or OL.There will still be holes to fill after the draft and possible salary cuts victims that will come later this off season.

Chiefster
04-02-2007, 03:52 PM
What if we "showcase" Trent during preseason,keep Damon and Croyle under wraps(like they have much in their arsenal anyway) and maybe steal a stud from another team that lost a QB in the preseason. Then maybe we can fill a need that we couldn't address in the draft,ie WR,DT or OL.There will still be holes to fill after the draft and possible salary cuts victims that will come later this off season.

...Not saying it couldn't happen but this assumes that there's a team out there that risks the health of their QB's in the preseason.

hermhater
05-08-2008, 08:29 PM

Was this X-factor the Superfan?

Chiefster
05-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Was this X-factor the Superfan?

Not sure, could be.

tammietailgator
05-08-2008, 10:53 PM
Well just a tad. :D
I would say so!!!!! Is there any other???????
:sign0104:

Pro_Angler
05-10-2008, 01:36 PM
wow way to bring up a dead old thread.

hermhater
05-10-2008, 02:05 PM
wow way to bring up a dead old thread.

Thanks!

:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
05-12-2008, 08:06 PM
I would say so!!!!! Is there any other???????
:sign0104:

Huh???