PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts on Jared Allen Staying

YZILLA
03-19-2007, 04:51 AM
I just wanted to Post here and Say I know Jared Allen has a bad rap off the field with his Stupid DUI 's . I really hope If he stays he doesnt come on to the field to Boos every game because he wants more money . I think out of everyone on that defense, he was the most productive. Also He played with passion for the game when he was on the field . He probably has a jerkoff agent who is doing most of the speaking on his behalf . Making him look like a schmuck to the Chiefs fans. I think he deserves a pay raise because he brings it to the field every game . His actions on the field warrant the extra cash. Off the Field I would have to say he needs to have a stipulation in his contract that he gets some type of help with his addiction to Alcohol . I call it an addiction because its definately affecting his personal life and his careeer. I really hope we keep him . Somehow I feel more at ease with him in the game . He is definately a huge factor on how well our defense plays . Also I would like to see Tamba Hali have a breakout season this year .... Thanks for listing to my point of view !

Coach
03-19-2007, 09:52 AM
I think he deserves a pay raise because he brings it to the field every game . His actions on the field warrant the extra cash.

I agree with you that Allen brings it every play. I just think its a sad state of affairs when we have to reward players for what they are getting paid to do. How much does Jared Allen make? He should bring it every damn play.

So should the rest of those average players on the Chiefs roster that are making tons of cash. Is Allen under contract? Ok, then he needs to shut up and play every play as if it were his last, because he signed a contract promising to do just that.

Jared needs to quit being a baby and learn to call a cab like the rest of us.

:character0013:

Chiefster
03-19-2007, 04:51 PM
I agree with you that Allen brings it every play. I just think its a sad state of affairs when we have to reward players for what they are getting paid to do. How much does Jared Allen make? He should bring it every damn play.

So should the rest of those average players on the Chiefs roster that are making tons of cash. Is Allen under contract? Ok, then he needs to shut up and play every play as if it were his last, because he signed a contract promising to do just that.

Jared needs to quit being a baby and learn to call a cab like the rest of us.

:character0013:

Amen! My Chiefs Brother! :adminwonz:

wolfpack
03-19-2007, 05:41 PM
unless traded allen is here to stay awhile. i think the queen will give him a pay increase but it willbe loaded with "be a good boy" clauses. and it shouldbe! but he shouldn`t make top tier DE money because he`s not one.

Chiefster
03-19-2007, 06:43 PM
unless traded allen is here to stay awhile. i think the queen will give him a pay increase but it willbe loaded with "be a good boy" clauses. and it shouldbe! but he shouldn`t make top tier DE money because he`s not one.

Agreed!

chief31
03-31-2007, 11:21 AM
I just wanted to Post here and Say I know Jared Allen has a bad rap off the field with his Stupid DUI 's . I really hope If he stays he doesnt come on to the field to Boos every game because he wants more money . I think out of everyone on that defense, he was the most productive. Also He played with passion for the game when he was on the field . He probably has a jerkoff agent who is doing most of the speaking on his behalf . Making him look like a schmuck to the Chiefs fans. I think he deserves a pay raise because he brings it to the field every game . His actions on the field warrant the extra cash. Off the Field I would have to say he needs to have a stipulation in his contract that he gets some type of help with his addiction to Alcohol . I call it an addiction because its definately affecting his personal life and his careeer. I really hope we keep him . Somehow I feel more at ease with him in the game . He is definately a huge factor on how well our defense plays . Also I would like to see Tamba Hali have a breakout season this year .... Thanks for listing to my point of view !

Every season, this kind of thing happens. Not, neccesarily, to the Chiefs, but it does happen every season. Somebody becomes unpopular, because of his contract dispute. Hopefully, like most of these situations, it will blow over, by the time the season starts. I love the guy. He is friendly, off the field and dedicated, on the field.

Chiefster
03-31-2007, 03:04 PM
Every season, this kind of thing happens. Not, neccesarily, to the Chiefs, but it does happen every season. Somebody becomes unpopular, because of his contract dispute. Hopefully, like most of these situations, it will blow over, by the time the season starts. I love the guy. He is friendly, off the field and dedicated, on the field.

I think he is good for our defense, he just needs to stay on the right side of the law so he can play the game.

Coach
03-31-2007, 04:32 PM
The same thing is happening to Lance Briggs in Chicago.

kenny1937
03-31-2007, 04:43 PM
He is one of the better defensive player that we have currently, and it seems that when someone stands out in a particular position on a team, they usually try for more money, but he also has to abide by the laws, just as we ordinary mortals do, as Coach said, get a cab, or have some one who is sober drive the car. What a role model for youngsters. :shootingsoldier:

Coach
03-31-2007, 05:05 PM
By the way, have I mentioned how sick and tired I am of players signing contracts and not honoring them. Jared Allen you need to finish your contract and if you have a good season next year, you will get your money. Until then, quit being a baby you pansy ***.

kenny1937
03-31-2007, 05:15 PM
By the way, have I mentioned how sick and tired I am of players signing contracts and not honoring them. Jared Allen you need to finish your contract and if you have a good season next year, you will get your money. Until then, quit being a baby you pansy ***.

:sign0098:
Well said Coach, in fact that says it all, that is exactly what he needs to do, love him or hate him, he still needs to do what he said he would do, play football, and stay out of the tank with dui's.

Chiefster
04-01-2007, 04:25 PM

Ditto man!

jgunn1966
04-01-2007, 11:32 PM
It's just the like movie Jerry McGuire he plays like he should and keeps his past in check and he will be the "show me the money" guy and all will be forgotten. Now will he be chief next year is another question.I think he is going to be around this year and doesn't he had a court order to fill out is DUI convictions in KC?:character00285:

Cisco Kid
04-02-2007, 03:52 AM

My biggest concern with Allen is his lack of discipline and maturity shown off the field. That same lack of maturity and disrespect for his own talent and God given abilities is alarming. Could these same character issues surface on the field in a game changing situation? It's a shame all around. GM Carl Peterson and the Chiefs would love nothing more than to reward Jared for his outstanding play but simply cannot at this point in time. Today's NFL Superstars are roll models whether they want to be or not-they carry the city's banner and are a reflection of that community's work ethics and at times, moral standards.

Trading DE Jared Allen maybe a difficult pill to stomach, but it might just be the direction of change required by new owner, Clark Hunt. If this should be the case, there will be takers willing and able to provide draft picks as compensation for Allen. Whether or not a 1st and a 3rd will materialize, well that is a matter best left with Carl Peterson.

chief31
04-02-2007, 06:15 AM
Allen would be pushing for more money, because he was still under his rookie contract. Low figures there. I agree, that when you sign a contract, you should honor it. However, it has become commonplace, in the league, to threaten sitting out, when you are exceding expectations.

wolfpack
04-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Allen sitting out games becuase of money on top of his 4 gamer will do him no good. sometimes the players are just stupid. all their crying usually dosnt work. the problem is the agents filling their heads with this B.S. that they are the best players ever to play ball.

jgunn1966
04-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Allen should play out his and the Chief roll the dice on him and see where he is on the open market or franchise him. If he has been caught with two dui's
he has driven drunk atleast 50 or more times without getting nailed.He rolls the dice every other Friday Night.

Chiefster
04-02-2007, 03:28 PM
My biggest concern with Allen is his lack of discipline and maturity shown off the field. That same lack of maturity and disrespect for his own talent and God given abilities is alarming. Could these same character issues surface on the field in a game changing situation? It's a shame all around. GM Carl Peterson and the Chiefs would love nothing more than to reward Jared for his outstanding play but simply cannot at this point in time. Today's NFL Superstars are roll models whether they want to be or not-they carry the city's banner and are a reflection of that community's work ethics and at times, moral standards.

Trading DE Jared Allen maybe a difficult pill to stomach, but it might just be the direction of change required by new owner, Clark Hunt. If this should be the case, there will be takers willing and able to provide draft picks as compensation for Allen. Whether or not a 1st and a 3rd will materialize, well that is a matter best left with Carl Peterson.

This is a concern shared by most here; good post and welcome aboard the "Crowd" Cisco Kid!! Make yourself at home! :)

Chiefster
04-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Allen would be pushing for more money, because he was still under his rookie contract. Low figures there. I agree, that when you sign a contract, you should honor it. However, it has become commonplace, in the league, to threaten sitting out, when you are exceding expectations.

Agreed, and believe that a "commonplace" trend reversal is in order. :D

sdchieffan
08-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Hopefully Jared will become alot more disciplined this year, I mean wouldn't be great if he could learn to control the outside and not let the bootleg kill us!

rbedgood
08-30-2007, 07:38 PM

It is very hard to expect one group (the players) to honor the contract over the full term, when they know from history that the other party (the owners) will terminate the contract at will.

What needs to happen is that contract terms need to be guaranteed. (deja vu, I think I've said this before), and the owners would then only offer contracts that are reasonable. Then there needs to be an arbitration system (similar to the one in baseball) where younger players that are outperforming their contract can get a raise without holding out and hurting themselves and their teams.

This is too much common sense (Chiefster's next response) and it likely won't happen...but to expect a player to fulfill a contract that isn't worth the paper its written on to the owner, is an unjust expectation.

In an arbitration system, LJ would've gone to arbritation in Feb/Mar, gotten his contract in April and participated in 100% of the offseason program and all of training camp.

It wouldn't fix the Bowe issue, or JaMarcus Russell, but veteran holdouts would become virtually non-existent.

stlchief
08-31-2007, 12:42 AM
It is very hard to expect one group (the players) to honor the contract over the full term, when they know from history that the other party (the owners) will terminate the contract at will.

What needs to happen is that contract terms need to be guaranteed. (deja vu, I think I've said this before), and the owners would then only offer contracts that are reasonable. Then there needs to be an arbitration system (similar to the one in baseball) where younger players that are outperforming their contract can get a raise without holding out and hurting themselves and their teams.

This is too much common sense (Chiefster's next response) and it likely won't happen...but to expect a player to fulfill a contract that isn't worth the paper its written on to the owner, is an unjust expectation.

In an arbitration system, LJ would've gone to arbritation in Feb/Mar, gotten his contract in April and participated in 100% of the offseason program and all of training camp.

It wouldn't fix the Bowe issue, or JaMarcus Russell, but veteran holdouts would become virtually non-existent.

It's a business. Period. It cannot be a one-way street. The business has to be good going both ways.

How many years of contracts were left on the Chiefs players cut this week? I haven't read one post stating "The Chiefs need to stop whining and honor the commitment they made."

Why did they not hesitate to cut in the middle of a contract? It made good business sense. Why did LJ hold out? It made good business sense. Why is Allen trying to re-do his contract now? It makes good business sense.

These posts have been going on a lot and they are usually followed by averaging out the amount of $ someone makes a play and complaining how wrong that is.

Guess what? That's capitalism and every time we go to a game / buy a shirt / watch an ad during an NFL broadcast, we vote with our dollars that it is RIGHT.

If we don't think any pro-football player is worth $20 million, then we can all do something about it. It's simple. I did it for two years: stop watching professional sports. Just watch college. Let's give our $ to the other professions that always come up as getting short-changed (teachers are a good one). We would all agree teachers should make more. Let's take the $100 - $1000 we'll spend this year and donate it to them.

But we don't. Why? We like the product. Or better yet, we "demand" the product. Supply is limited, prices go up. Do you know who really makes the $? The Hunts. They pay these salaries every year. Think they are upset with the prices? Hell no. They can afford it. It's an investment and they are getting a nice return on it. How else do you put in $125 million on a stadium renovation? Just their way of saying thanks for the $ and being nice, right? Wrong. It's an investment. And they will get that back too.

I think anyone who doesn't like contract hold-outs & big salaries should follow a business where that has been removed (like college football).

Otherwise, let's keep sending them our money, drinking the beer they advertise, and enjoying the product that each of us has helped to build with our support. But if we go this route, let's not complain about it....

Ahhhhhhhhh. The soapbox is now free again. I have thick skin, so no need to hold back in the replies...

rbedgood
08-31-2007, 01:02 AM

It's a business. Period. It cannot be a one-way street. The business has to be good going both ways.

How many years of contracts were left on the Chiefs players cut this week? I haven't read one post stating "The Chiefs need to stop whining and honor the commitment they made."

Why did they not hesitate to cut in the middle of a contract? It made good business sense. Why did LJ hold out? It made good business sense. Why is Allen trying to re-do his contract now? It makes good business sense.

These posts have been going on a lot and they are usually followed by averaging out the amount of $ someone makes a play and complaining how wrong that is.

Guess what? That's capitalism and every time we go to a game / buy a shirt / watch an ad during an NFL broadcast, we vote with our dollars that it is RIGHT.

If we don't think any pro-football player is worth $20 million, then we can all do something about it. It's simple. I did it for two years: stop watching professional sports. Just watch college. Let's give our $ to the other professions that always come up as getting short-changed (teachers are a good one). We would all agree teachers should make more. Let's take the $100 - $1000 we'll spend this year and donate it to them.

But we don't. Why? We like the product. Or better yet, we "demand" the product. Supply is limited, prices go up. Do you know who really makes the $? The Hunts. They pay these salaries every year. Think they are upset with the prices? Hell no. They can afford it. It's an investment and they are getting a nice return on it. How else do you put in $125 million on a stadium renovation? Just their way of saying thanks for the $ and being nice, right? Wrong. It's an investment. And they will get that back too.

I think anyone who doesn't like contract hold-outs & big salaries should follow a business where that has been removed (like college football).

Otherwise, let's keep sending them our money, drinking the beer they advertise, and enjoying the product that each of us has helped to build with our support. But if we go this route, let's not complain about it....

Ahhhhhhhhh. The soapbox is now free again. I have thick skin, so no need to hold back in the replies...

I agree completely...as the system is currently set the owners do what makes sense for business and so do the players.

My point was if the expectation is for players to fulfill the terms of the contract the same expectation should be on the owners. My suggestion of implementing arbitration of some kind was just an idea of how to alleviate the issue of hold-outs...another factor is guaranteed contracts would likely actually drive down the value of contracts slightly as owners would be more reticent to sign big $$ contracts for longterm if they had to pay them out. However players would benefit as the terms of their contracts would be guaranteed.

It likely won't happen as the entire salary cap system would have to be restructured, and with everyone (players and owners) making money, the incentive to change the system is low.

I'm just a fan with an opinion. I'm used to getting flamed on message boards.

stlchief
08-31-2007, 01:06 AM
I agree completely...as the system is currently set the owners do what makes sense for business and so do the players.

My point was if the expectation is for players to fulfill the terms of the contract the same expectation should be on the owners. My suggestion of implementing arbitration of some kind was just an idea of how to alleviate the issue of hold-outs...another factor is guaranteed contracts would likely actually drive down the value of contracts slightly as owners would be more reticent to sign big $$ contracts for longterm if they had to pay them out. However players would benefit as the terms of their contracts would be guaranteed.

It likely won't happen as the entire salary cap system would have to be restructured, and with everyone (players and owners) making money, the incentive to change the system is low.

I'm just a fan with an opinion. I'm used to getting flamed on message boards.

The intent was not to flame you - I think we are on the same page. Just keep it fair between the millionaires (the owners & the players). They'll all make their $ - it just might be distributed a little different among the players...

rbedgood
08-31-2007, 01:23 AM
I didn't take it as a flame...we essentially agree in principle on the major issues. We may see different ways to solve them, but in the end we've both put some thought into our positions. Good stuff.

m0ef0e
08-31-2007, 11:59 AM
Yeah, good posts guys. Really well though-out opinions and you both presented them well.

swmochiefsfan
08-31-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm in a union myself so I can see where disputes develop over money,bennies or whatever, but when we agree to a contract you have no choice on what else you want until that contract is fufilled and good luck getting it then. But I dont make millions of $ either so it seems selfish to me to holdout, now I understand that a players career could be over at any minute and I agree that they should be compensated fairly but in doing so you better straighten up and fly right. I mean polease,
you make MILLIONS, HIRE A DAMN DRIVER. There is no excuse for that.I like Allen, he's got potential to be one of the greats I just hope he keeps his nose clean.Just my humble opinion.

rbedgood
08-31-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm in a union myself so I can see where disputes develop over money,bennies or whatever, but when we agree to a contract you have no choice on what else you want until that contract is fufilled and good luck getting it then. But I dont make millions of $ either so it seems selfish to me to holdout, now I understand that a players career could be over at any minute and I agree that they should be compensated fairly but in doing so you better straighten up and fly right. I mean polease,
you make MILLIONS, HIRE A DAMN DRIVER. There is no excuse for that.I like Allen, he's got potential to be one of the greats I just hope he keeps his nose clean.Just my humble opinion.

This is true, but your employer is also bound to fulfill the contract...this is where the player's contracts differ completely from yours.

swmochiefsfan
08-31-2007, 12:50 PM
This is true, but your employer is also bound to fulfill the contract...this is where the player's contracts differ completely from yours.
Actually not so much my company has the right to pretty much well do whatever the hell they want, when they want. Got a pretty crappy contract last time and this aint gonna be no better.

sbenson9
08-31-2007, 12:51 PM

ahhhhh- yEAH yOU HEARD HIM

stlchief
08-31-2007, 09:07 PM

Amen to that. Or why doesn't every NFL team have 5 - 10 cab drivers on weekend-retainer 52 weeks a year? It should cost less than $75,000 a year. Put a clause in your players contracts that states: You get a DUI in our city, you get a one game fine. The bigger player you are, the bigger it hurts. $75,000 a year is nothing when you are talking payroll of $100 million plus a year.

Everyone wins...

rbedgood
09-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Amen to that. Or why doesn't every NFL team have 5 - 10 cab drivers on weekend-retainer 52 weeks a year? It should cost less than $75,000 a year. Put a clause in your players contracts that states: You get a DUI during the term of your contract, you get a one game fine. The bigger player you are, the bigger it hurts. $75,000 a year is nothing when you are talking payroll of $100 million plus a year.

Everyone wins...

I fixed your reply

YZILLA
10-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Just thought I would revive this post I started back in August ( I think ) . I feel very strongly that he is the backbone of our Defense and is making his statements on the field and not off. Bravo Jared ! Your doing great man , KEEP IT UP !

hermhater
10-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Just thought I would revive this post I started back in August ( I think ) . I feel very strongly that he is the backbone of our Defense and is making his statements on the field and not off. Bravo Jared ! Your doing great man , KEEP IT UP !

Yeah we would have been 4-0 right now if he would have hired a driver!!!

:toast2: :bananen_smilies046: :drunkhb:

m0ef0e
10-04-2007, 06:12 PM

Agreed. Jared is a beast and a wrecking machine.

Pro_Angler
10-04-2007, 06:49 PM
I dont see in any way how KC could or would let him go.. IMO

m0ef0e
10-04-2007, 06:51 PM
I dont see in any way how KC could or would let him go.. IMO

I certainly hope not. We need that guy. He brings a new level of intensity to the whole defense.

Canada
10-04-2007, 08:04 PM

I doubt he was sh*t faced drunk when he was pulled over. How many times have some of you (no one in particular, but myself included) gone out for dinner and had a few beers, or glasses of wine and possibly gone over the 0.08 limit. It really dosen't take much. I can be over the legal limit and not even notice. I don't know the circumstances around his particular DUI outside of the fact that he got a couple. But I do not judge as we all make mistakes. Remember that these guys are millionaires in their early 20's. I hate to think what I would have been like. I was an idiot and I was makin minimum wage. Jared kicks ***!!! Keep him on the team, if he has a drinking problem then he should get help and it should be offered to him. But the man is a beast and we should keep him!! It would be a HUGE mistake to let him go!! :beer:

Polleo Pit Man
10-04-2007, 08:08 PM

Jared is awsome but to say our 2 losses are because of him being out is ridiculous! They were team losses.

hermhater
10-04-2007, 08:08 PM
I doubt he was sh*t faced drunk when he was pulled over. How many times have some of you (no one in particular, but myself included) gone out for dinner and had a few beers, or glasses of wine and possibly gone over the 0.08 limit. It really dosen't take much. I can be over the legal limit and not even notice. I don't know the circumstances around his particular DUI outside of the fact that he got a couple. But I do not judge as we all make mistakes. Remember that these guys are millionaires in their early 20's. I hate to think what I would have been like. I was an idiot and I was makin minimum wage. Jared kicks ***!!! Keep him on the team, if he has a drinking problem then he should get help and it should be offered to him. But the man is a beast and we should keep him!! It would be a HUGE mistake to let him go!! :beer:

He was out at a bar that I used to frequent in Kansas.

He has since stated (on Hard Knocks, and in interviews) that he is glad those things happened to him because it really opened his eyes to what he could accomplish with out the beer!

And I think it has shown this year since he has stopped drinking!

The point about him being a millionaire in his twenties makes my point more valid!

If anyone can afford a driver it is those millionaires!

:toast2: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2:

Canada
10-04-2007, 08:12 PM
He was out at a bar that I used to frequent in Kansas.

He has since stated (on Hard Knocks, and in interviews) that he is glad those things happened to him because it really opened his eyes to what he could accomplish with out the beer!

And I think it has shown this year since he has stopped drinking!

The point about him being a millionaire in his twenties makes my point more valid!

If anyone can afford a driver it is those millionaires!

:toast2: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2:

...and if anyone is dumb enough not to it is those early 20's millionaires.:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
10-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Jared is awsome but to say our 2 losses are because of him being out is ridiculous! They were team losses.

It was not that much of an exaggeration!

Chicago would not have scored any offensive points (including the field goals) because their offense was just barely able to beat our D without Jared. With Jared I give us the win.

Houston's offense would have been stymied, but we still probably would have lost with that terrible offensive performance of our own.

So at least 3-1.

But you can't count out the play of just one person helping out an entire team.

We would have run over the Colts D last year in the playoffs if it wasn't for that one guy on their defense (can't remember his name) that returned after injury.

So 4-0 is not a big stretch in my opinion!

Canada
10-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Boob Sanders

Chiefster
10-04-2007, 09:36 PM
B( o Y o )b Sanders

FYR!! :D

hermhater
10-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Boob Sanders

What he said!

:sign0098::yahoo: :toast2:

Canada
10-04-2007, 09:47 PM
FYR!! :D

:lol: I was just thinkin about those boobs and laughing to myself!! :bananen_smilies046:

Polleo Pit Man
10-04-2007, 09:56 PM
It was not that much of an exaggeration!

Chicago would not have scored any offensive points (including the field goals) because their offense was just barely able to beat our D without Jared. With Jared I give us the win.

Houston's offense would have been stymied, but we still probably would have lost with that terrible offensive performance of our own.

So at least 3-1.

But you can't count out the play of just one person helping out an entire team.

We would have run over the Colts D last year in the playoffs if it wasn't for that one guy on their defense (can't remember his name) that returned after injury.

So 4-0 is not a big stretch in my opinion!

I just think if our two losses or two wins ,however you like at it are only because we have jared allen then let s get rid of the rest of the team. right? all we need is him. ??

No they play the game as a team. If your team isnt good enough to win even after losing a guy or to ,to injuries or what have ya....or a bad call here or there then youre not a good enough team to deserve the win.
Our D did good in both looses, its our offense that didnt do squat! I think JA is a hero but cant blame a win or loss on him.:drunkhb:

hermhater
10-04-2007, 10:12 PM
I just think if our two losses or two wins ,however you like at it are only because we have jared allen then let s get rid of the rest of the team. right? all we need is him. ??

No they play the game as a team. If your team isnt good enough to win even after losing a guy or to ,to injuries or what have ya....or a bad call here or there then youre not a good enough team to deserve the win.
Our D did good in both looses, its our offense that didnt do squat! I think JA is a hero but cant blame a win or loss on him.:drunkhb:

What if JA didn't strip the ball and SD goes and scores?

It's a tie game, up for grabs!

Could go either way but there are big time players that change games, if you don't know that then you are not watching the NFL, dude!

I am not giving the wins exclusively to JA but he is THE BIGGEST play maker on defense.

His presence was sorely felt!

Polleo Pit Man
10-04-2007, 10:17 PM
What if JA didn't strip the ball and SD goes and scores?

It's a tie game, up for grabs!

Could go either way but there are big time players that change games, if you don't know that then you are not watching the NFL, dude!

I am not giving the wins exclusively to JA but he is THE BIGGEST play maker on defense.

His presence was sorely felt!
I dont wanna argue about it I think hes a great player and makes huge plays. If we didnt have him someone else would hafta step it up!
:drunkhb:

Chiefster
10-04-2007, 10:18 PM
:lol: I was just thinkin about those boobs and laughing to myself!! :bananen_smilies046:

Hehehehe!:lol:

sling58
10-05-2007, 07:42 AM
Jared is a force to be planned for. I hope we keep him. If we don't it will come back to bite us in the arse later, anyone remember Gannon?

m0ebr0
10-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Allen shoud be resigned after this year for sure. He is one of hte DE's that teams prepare for no doubt. He will be one of the all-time greats later on in his career.

You cant blame him being out 2 games has made us lose thoguh. The loses were as a team. Our O did not preform against the Bears the way they should of. Allen definitally helped the wins but they as well were team efforts.

chief31
10-05-2007, 03:35 PM
I dont wanna argue about it I think hes a great player and makes huge plays. If we didnt have him someone else would hafta step it up!
:drunkhb:

Yes, that's true. But not everyone is a play-maker. If the Colts lose Manning, I believe that they are in huge trouble. No team can afford to get an extra Peyton Manning.

I know that ideally, the next guy in line would have to "step it up" but if he can't fill the shoes that he is stepping into, then he just can't. All football players aren't created equally.:D

m0ebr0
10-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Yes, that's true. But not everyone is a play-maker. If the Colts lose Manning, I believe that they are in huge trouble. No team can afford to get an extra Peyton Manning.

I know that ideally, the next guy in line would have to "step it up" but if he can't fill the shoes that he is stepping into, then he just can't. All football players aren't created equally.:D

Wilkerson I think did a good job of stepping in and did what needed to be done.

m0ef0e
10-05-2007, 03:39 PM

Boone is also a monster but that doesn't mean we need Jared any less..

chief31
10-05-2007, 03:41 PM

Yes, he did alright. He didn't make the impact that Allen has.

Boone plays DT, Allen is a DE. But I really like Boone. I wish we had gotten the guy who had been ahead of him, on the Bears, now that I've seen what Boone does in our defense.

m0ebr0
10-05-2007, 03:42 PM

We need Allen Im just saying that we had the guys that were able to fill the spot while he was gone. Glad to have Allen back though he was greatly missed.

m0ef0e
10-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Boone plays DT, Allen is a DE. But I really like Boone. I wish we had gotten the guy who had been ahead of him, on the Bears, now that I've seen what Boone does in our defense.

I know. I was just pointing out that Jared compliments the other good players we have. As good as the rest of our defense is, without Allen, we are missing a piece of the puzzle.

chief31
10-05-2007, 03:47 PM
We need Allen Im just saying that we had the guys that were able to fill the spot while he was gone. Glad to have Allen back though he was greatly missed.

Agreed.

I know. I was just pointing out that Jared compliments the other good players we have. As good as the rest of our defense is, without Allen, we are missing a piece of the puzzle.

And, most definitely, agreed.