http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-defense&icampaign=GMC_TR

No Jared Allen??

hermhater
01-22-2008, 01:26 PM
That's a load of horse crap!

:mob:

rbedgood
01-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Most of those other guys belong on the list...but KERNEY...seriously. He wasn't the best defensive player on his own team. That would go to either Tatupu, or Peterson.

Canada
01-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Most of those other guys belong on the list...but KERNEY...seriously. He wasn't the best defensive player on his own team. That would go to either Tatupu, or Peterson.

Yeah, I agree about Kerney and I am not saying the guys on there don't belong, but to leave the leagues sack leader off there??

rbedgood
01-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I agree about Kerney and I am not saying the guys on there don't belong, but to leave the leagues sack leader off there??

As an outsider, not only was Jared Allen the sack leader, but unlike the other guys at the top of the sack list, he's pretty darn good in run defense also!!

hermhater
01-22-2008, 01:48 PM
I guess there's still a bias against the Chiefs.

Sigh...

Canada
01-22-2008, 01:53 PM
I guess there's still a bias against the Chiefs.

Sigh...

I wouldn't say a bias. This just tells me that there are a lot of talking heads and sports writers who don't know what the hell they are talkin about!

hermhater
01-22-2008, 01:56 PM
I wouldn't say a bias. This just tells me that there are a lot of talking heads and sports writers who don't know what the hell they are talkin about!

That sounds like bias!

Canada
01-22-2008, 01:57 PM
That sounds like bias!

That sounds like a bunch of guys who talk about the bandwagon teams. When the Chiefs were at 9-0 everyone loved them. Its a flavor of the week thing if you ask me.

hermhater
01-22-2008, 01:59 PM
That sounds like a bunch of guys who talk about the bandwagon teams. When the Chiefs were at 9-0 everyone loved them. Its a flavor of the week thing if you ask me.

And when we were 4-3 and beat the Chargers, all they cold talk about was the stupid Chargers, not the Chiefs being in the lead.

DrunkHillbilly
01-22-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm not saying he should have won but did you see Kearney play at all this year? He was a monster. 50 tackles and 14.5 sacks!!!! Definetly deserved some votes.

rbedgood
01-22-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm not saying he should have won but did you see Kearney play at all this year? He was a monster. 50 tackles and 14.5 sacks!!!! Definetly deserved some votes.

Ummm...Jared Allen had 56 tackles and 15.5 sacks...

As for the other guys, no way can Bob Sanders not be on the list. He single handedly changes the Indy defense. In fact I'd argue he should be the winner.

Cromartie led the leage in INTs and is a very impressive up and coming player, Vrabel is the best player on the NE defense, and had some monster games getting sacks, forced fumbles, and yeah he doubles as a TE...oh wait so does Allen.

Finally, Mario Williams, he had very similar numbers to Allen as a 2nd year player, and doesn't have anyone to take the heat off him, but much like Kerney he isn't even the best defender on his own team. Check DeMeco Ryans.

I'd argue the voting should be in this order

1) Bob Sander (winner)
2) Mike Vrabel
3) Jared Allen (wasn't nominated, but should've been)
4) Antonio Cromartie
5) Nick Barnett (wasn't nominated, but best defender on one of the best defenses...)

DrunkHillbilly
01-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Ummm...Jared Allen had 56 tackles and 15.5 sacks...

As for the other guys, no way can Bob Sanders not be on the list. He single handedly changes the Indy defense. In fact I'd argue he should be the winner.

Cromartie led the leage in INTs and is a very impressive up and coming player, Vrabel is the best player on the NE defense, and had some monster games getting sacks, forced fumbles, and yeah he doubles as a TE...oh wait so does Allen.

Finally, Mario Williams, he had very similar numbers to Allen as a 2nd year player, and doesn't have anyone to take the heat off him, but much like Kerney he isn't even the best defender on his own team. Check DeMeco Ryans.

I'd argue the voting should be in this order

1) Bob Sander (winner)
2) Mike Vrabel
3) Jared Allen (wasn't nominated, but should've been)
4) Antonio Cromartie
5) Nick Barnett (wasn't nominated, but best defender on one of the best defenses...)
Ummmmmmm, did you read my post? I said I didn't say he should have won but deserved votes!!! Besides, you make it sound like Allen dwarfs him in the season he had! 1 sack and 6 tackles more??? Sounds like the same season to me. I don't care either way about Kearney but if your going to critisize about Allen not getting the nod, you better include Kearney in the same sentence.

Canada
01-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Ummmmmmm, did you read my post? I said I didn't say he should have won but deserved votes!!! Besides, you make it sound like Allen dwarfs him in the season he had! 1 sack and 6 tackles more??? Sounds like the same season to me. I don't care either way about Kearney but if your going to critisize about Allen not getting the nod, you better include Kearney in the same sentence.

Kerney did get the nod, Allen did not.

hermhater
01-22-2008, 06:01 PM

Jared also played in 14 games. Did Kerney start all 16?

DrunkHillbilly
01-22-2008, 06:39 PM
His post was talking about being on the list. Not sure what list this is but what I am saying is that I think they both had similar seasons so they should both be spoke of in the same breath. Don't think either one should have won the award though.

DrunkHillbilly
01-22-2008, 06:41 PM
I would guess yes. I might have a bit of an advantage over some being as I am in Az and the Seahawks are in the Cards division so I saw all of Allens games as well as most of Kearney's. They both had outstanding seasons on all accounts.

chief31
01-22-2008, 06:48 PM

As far as the statistics are concerned, if you were to pro-rate Allens numbers to a sixteen game season, Allen would have 64 tackles, and 16.5 sacks, which gives a decisive advantage to Allen, over Kerneys 50 tackles and 14.5 sacks.

But that is only by the statistics.

prough91
01-22-2008, 07:35 PM
As far as the statistics are concerned, if you were to pro-rate Allens numbers to a sixteen game season, Allen would have 64 tackles, and 16.5 sacks, which gives a decisive advantage to Allen, over Kerneys 50 tackles and 14.5 sacks.

But that is only by the statistics.

Do you know who actually does the nominating for defensive player of the year? Is it the other players, fans, coaches or whatever?

chief31
01-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Do you know who actually does the nominating for defensive player of the year? Is it the other players, fans, coaches or whatever?

According to the page that has the voting, the NFL made the decision. I am not sure if that would include players, coaches, or what.

They are supposed to take the DPOTW awards that fans oted on into account.

That's all I know aout it.

prough91
01-22-2008, 07:47 PM
According to the page that has the voting, the NFL made the decision. I am not sure if that would include players, coaches, or what.

They are supposed to take the DPOTW awards that fans oted on into account.

That's all I know aout it.

I didn't know. I just wondered if, since GMC was sponsoring it, maybe they chose all the nominees and didn't want someone that had been arrested for drinking and driving twice to win it.

Three7s
01-24-2008, 07:47 PM
I think it's all bull, every year it's always the teams who are in the playoffs that get the players nominated, even if some players on worse teams do better. The only exception this year is Mario Williams, though the Texans weren't awful by any means.

hermhater
01-24-2008, 07:49 PM
I think it's all bull, every year it's always the teams who are in the playoffs that get the players nominated, even if some players on worse teams do better. The only exception this year is Mario Williams, though the Texans weren't awful by any means.

No they weren't and they showed us that first game of the year...

Chiefster
01-24-2008, 07:51 PM
That's it! I'm never buying a GMC!

hermhater
01-24-2008, 07:52 PM
That's it! I'm never buying a GMC!

Me neither!

(I hadn't planned on it, but this gives me one more reason not to! :D)

Canada
01-24-2008, 08:12 PM
I don't know about that, I really like the GMC Sierra!!

....but if they don't get a Chiefs on that list next year then I am gonna make all of my payment a day earl so they don't make any extra money off me!!

prough91
01-24-2008, 08:47 PM

....but if they don't get a Chiefs on that list next year then I am gonna make all of my payment a day earl so they don't make any extra money off me!!

I always had really good luck with GMC's, plus they're easy to work on and there are lots of parts available.

hermhater
01-24-2008, 08:56 PM
I always had really good luck with GMC's, plus they're easy to work on and there are lots of parts available.

Buy a Honda and you won't ever have to find parts!

:lol:

Pro_Angler
01-24-2008, 10:06 PM
No jARRED Allen because the chiefs sucked.. We have atleast 3-4 more years before we make the play offs again.

Canada
01-24-2008, 10:41 PM

Same reason I married my wife!! :bananen_smilies046:

No jARRED Allen because the chiefs sucked.. We have atleast 3-4 more years before we make the play offs again.

It is not about the team, it is about the player and the impact he had on the field.

prough91
01-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Buy a Honda and you won't ever have to find parts!

That'd be fun to feed the steers in. :moo:

hermhater
01-25-2008, 12:01 AM
That'd be fun to feed the steers in. :moo:

I thought they made tractors for that stuff?

Chiefster
01-25-2008, 12:12 AM

Send it to 'em in penny rolls. :D

hermhater
01-25-2008, 12:36 AM
Send it to 'em in penny rolls. :D

YouTube - Southwest Airlines - Bank

Chiefster
01-25-2008, 07:50 AM
YouTube - Southwest Airlines - Bank (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S6cpkn_Yeg)

:lol::lol::lol:

I love that commercial!

Three7s
01-25-2008, 03:21 PM
It is not about the team, it is about the player and the impact he had on the field.Sadly, if that were actually the case, Allen would be in over Kerney or Williams. Not to say it's always good teams with these players nominated, it just helps because when you win, that player's accomplishments become more noticeable.

AkChief49
01-25-2008, 04:48 PM
JA should have at least gotten the nod!! period

Canada
01-25-2008, 05:00 PM

:sign0098::bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
01-25-2008, 06:25 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

I love that commercial!

I did it for you!

:bananen_smilies046::wheelchair:

hermhater
01-25-2008, 06:26 PM

Yep!

It is the bias against the Chiefs once again!