PDA

View Full Version : Schaub over Carr?!?!?!?!?!?!?

chief31
03-22-2007, 01:09 PM
WTF are the Houston Texans thinking?!?!?!?!?!

They traded away two second round draft pickS, and dropped themselves two places, from eighth to tenth, in the first round. They did this to pick up a backup quarterback, Matt Schaub. (who they will, likely, start)

The baffling part of this transaction is the fact that David Carr was their starter last season. He led the N.F.L. in completion percentage, by three full percentage points. He threw only twelve interceptions.

Here is a list of quarterbacks who had, at least as many.

Tom Brady 12 No comment
Carson Palmer 13 Stud quarterback
Michael Vick 13 N.F.L. golden child, and starter ahead of Matt Schaub
Tony Romo 13 Half season, and pro-bowl
Matt Hasselbeck 15 playoffs
Chad Pennington 16 Playoffs

There are a whole lot of others, I could have added to this list. A list of guys who threw fewer would have been alot easier. In fact......Starters for the entire season.....

Marc Bulger 8
Peyton Manning 9
Phillip Rivers 9
Drew Brees 11

PERIOD!

All of this after being the most sacked quarterback in the N.F.L., the previous season. Meaning, he he was a very good quarterback without the benefit of a good O-line.

THE HOUSTON TEXANS ARE S....T....U.....P.....I.....D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach
03-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Hopefully the Texans continue to suck. If the other 30 teams could suck, then we'd have a chance. I agree that the problems were much deeper than Carr's. The finger pointing started a long time ago in Houston and there had to be accountability.
So it ended with Carr even though he probably didn't deserve it. As soon as Dominick Davis went down last year, you knew the pundits would be screaming about Reggie Bush not being selected. That team is in complete disarray.

stlchief
03-22-2007, 10:35 PM
:wtfdude:

Point of information: This is a Chiefs site, how does this relate?

If we can tie the Schaub / Carr thing to Trent Green, then it is interesting.

:-)

speaking of Green, ESPN said yesterday just waiting on Miami & Trent to close a contract.

I know, I know -- I'll start a new thread....

Chiefster
03-23-2007, 08:25 PM

speaking of Green, ESPN said yesterday just waiting on Miami & Trent to close a contract.

It is a Chiefs site with tons of info about the Chiefs, see the home page, but we are also football fans and Chief31 has been around long enough to earn the right to post non specific Chiefs threads. :D

chief31
03-23-2007, 09:02 PM

In my opinion, anything that happens in the N.F.L., regading player movement, affects the Chiefs. This particular deal could have an impact on the next home of Trent Green. If the Dolphins decide to pursue Carr, then Green would have to continue shopping. Likewise, any other team who may have an interest in Green, may lose interest, considering the availability of Carr.

Not to mention, there hasn't been a whole lot happening with the Chiefs,lately.

Chiefsfan27
03-23-2007, 10:21 PM
i hear you brotha, after I found out about the trade, I began scatching my head over why the hell they would do that. dropped two spots, 2 2nd round picks? Falcons are soo damn lucky they didnt even lose a starter. lol

wolfpack
03-25-2007, 06:58 PM
remember that the texans are the team that passed up on Bush, that should show you how smart they are.

bluv
03-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Here's how it relates: how about the Chiefs picking up Carr. I think he's a good leader, has good character and is a decent player. He just had no offensive line in Houston and lack of a running game last year. He's a Peterson player and he should go after him. Green is leaving, I don't think Huard can handle the load for the entire season and Croyle is just too young and hasn't proven himself to me yet.

stlchief
03-25-2007, 10:52 PM
chiefs are not going after any young QB. Brodie will be the starter, if not by the end of '07, then by opening day of '08. The only way it doesn't happen is if Huard gets that elusive win in the playoffs next year.

kenny1937
03-27-2007, 06:44 PM
remember that the texans are the team that passed up on Bush, that should show you how smart they are.

Yep! You said it my friend!! (grin)

:imagestore (12):

diehardkcfan
03-28-2007, 04:13 AM
i agree. i dont understand why the texans would go with a QB that has only started 2 nfl games, he has played in more games than that of course but his career QB rating 69.2! i hope he enjoys the turf at relient stadium because he will be laying on it quit often!

Coach
03-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Releasing Carr was stupid. And it does muddy the waters for trent green. No way does Carr come to KC though.

kenny1937
03-29-2007, 03:53 AM
Releasing Carr was stupid. And it does muddy the waters for trent green. No way does Carr come to KC though.

Yes I agree, I don't think we will see Carr in a Chief Uniform, we will have to see how it may affect Trent.

:character00247: Duh, I don't need a car, I just bought one!

:iamwithstupid:

Chiefster
03-29-2007, 12:06 PM
chiefs are not going after any young QB. Brodie will be the starter, if not by the end of '07, then by opening day of '08. The only way it doesn't happen is if Huard gets that elusive win in the playoffs next year.

Not to be disagreeable, but I think this statement assumes a great deal. If Huard has a good season then Croyle continues to warm the bench, but agree that all Huard has to do is have one off season and it's :sign0097: .

kenny1937
03-31-2007, 06:00 PM
Yes, all it takes is getting hit hard, and suffering a concussion, a situation that could happen to anyone at anytime with our present o line.

:bananen_smilies091: :bananen_smilies091: :bananen_smilies091: :shootingsoldier:

Chiefster
04-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Yes, all it takes is getting hit hard, and suffering a concussion, a situation that could happen to anyone at anytime with our present o line.

:bananen_smilies091: :bananen_smilies091: :bananen_smilies091: :shootingsoldier:

Yuppers!