PDA

View Full Version : Faux Paux?

texaschief
01-23-2008, 12:32 AM
Though some league insiders believe that Jim Fassel will never be an NFL head coach again, Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Fassel could be the head coach of the Washington Redskins as soon as Wednesday.

And Fassel could be paired with former Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan, who is under consideration to return to the Ravens in that same capacity — and who also could end up coaching the Falcons.

Left out in the cold would be current Redskins defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, who not long ago was given a healthy raise to get him to refrain from pursuing other opportunities to become a head coach elsewhere. Williams has been interviewed multiples times, has spent four years in the building, and hasn’t been offered the job. That’s not a good sign.

With Fassel being the head coach and probably wanting to run the offense himself, would it be a faux paux to bring back Al Saunders to run the offense and fire Chan Gailey? :lol:

hermhater
01-23-2008, 12:38 AM
Though some league insiders believe that Jim Fassel will never be an NFL head coach again, Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Fassel could be the head coach of the Washington Redskins as soon as Wednesday.

And Fassel could be paired with former Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan, who is under consideration to return to the Ravens in that same capacity — and who also could end up coaching the Falcons.

Left out in the cold would be current Redskins defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, who not long ago was given a healthy raise to get him to refrain from pursuing other opportunities to become a head coach elsewhere. Williams has been interviewed multiples times, has spent four years in the building, and hasn’t been offered the job. That’s not a good sign.

With Fassel being the head coach and probably wanting to run the offense himself, would it be a faux paux to bring back Al Saunders to run the offense and fire Chan Gailey? :lol:

Anything to get Saunders back!

Fire Herm and let him run the team!

chief31
01-23-2008, 01:31 AM
I would have to doubt that Saunders would return to us, considering the nature of his departure.

I thought that the Redskins hired him under the title of "co-head coach" last season. I would have thought that with Gibbs retiring, they would have already had their head coach in place with Saunders.

hermhater
01-23-2008, 01:48 AM
I would have to doubt that Saunders would return to us, considering the nature of his departure.

I thought that the Redskins hired him under the title of "co-head coach" last season. I would have thought that with Gibbs retiring, they would have already had their head coach in place with Saunders.

If the Redskins don't use Saunders for their new Head Coach they are as retarded as the Chiefs for not doing the same thing.

Coach
01-23-2008, 01:49 AM
Are you seriously considering whether Saunders would come back to the Chiefs? That era is over for numerous reasons.

hermhater
01-23-2008, 01:52 AM
Are you seriously considering whether Saunders would come back to the Chiefs? That era is over for numerous reasons.

Are you asking me, or texaschief?

I don't think Saunders will come back, I was just mocking the other team named after Native Americans!

:bananen_smilies046:

texaschief
01-23-2008, 02:09 AM

no. and i've said before there's no way he comes back...especially after we hired Gailey....it was more of a joke than anything.

hermhater
01-23-2008, 03:01 AM
no. and i've said before there's no way he comes back...especially after we hired Gailey....it was more of a joke than anything.

Word!

texaschief
01-23-2008, 01:00 PM
It's official. We have 3 OC's on this team. Eric Price was hired as the WR coach today.

hermhater
01-23-2008, 01:16 PM
It's official. We have 3 OC's on this team. Eric Price was hired as the WR coach today.

:lol:

Talk about friggin' overkill!

I hope they are able to gang up on Herm and tell him to leave the offense alone!

Canada
01-23-2008, 01:21 PM
That is a good sign to me. Two OCs to distract Herm and the third to actually score a few points next season!!

hermhater
01-23-2008, 01:47 PM
That is a good sign to me. Two OCs to distract Herm and the third to actually score a few points next season!!

Maybe one of them will kick him in the balls!

Canada
01-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Maybe one of them will kick him in the balls!

He has no balls....haven't you seen is offensive play calling?

hermhater
01-23-2008, 01:51 PM

My bad!

Maybe one of them will kick him in his *****!

texaschief
01-23-2008, 01:58 PM

I think it takes more balls to stick to your game plan than to adhere to the mob and try to start flingin the ball all over the field with a horrible line not being able to protect your 2nd year QB.

I mean, it's not like the Chiefs were getting blown out EVERY SINGLE GAME. 8 of their 12 losses were by 10pts or fewer. 3 of the other 4 losses came after the Chiefs were out of playoff contention. 1 to GB and 2 to the Broncos.

As horrible as the offense was, this team isn't THAT FAR OFF.

Canada
01-23-2008, 02:02 PM
I agree with you except that Herm was way too predictable in his play calling. He did throw the ball sometimes, but he ran consistently on first down and again on 2nd and short. There was no creativity to it.

texaschief
01-23-2008, 02:15 PM
I agree with you except that Herm was way too predictable in his play calling. He did throw the ball sometimes, but he ran consistently on first down and again on 2nd and short. There was no creativity to it.

But you're making the assumption that Herm was calling the plays and not the OC (who's job it actually is). While the offense in 06 wasn't nearly what it had been earlier in the decade, There were two distinct differences between the past two offensive seasons.

For one, LJ didn't play nearly half the season this year. Second, the O-line was much, MUCH worse than last year. True, they were no Al Saunders, but they called enough offensive plays to get to the playoffs last year.

As can be seen this year in the playoffs, you don't need to score in the 40s to make deep runs in the playoffs. If your offense can use a power running game to wear down the defense, things should open up in the 4th.

Herm's football philosophy is in line with mine, or visa versa, whatever. If you can get ahead, then put the game on the defense, by the time the 4th quarter rolls around, you should be able to impose your will on your opponent. The 4th quarter is when you win the game. You set up your 4th quarter by running mondane plays during the first 3/4 of the game.

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for an offense like we had under Vermeil, but those kinds of offenses are usually run with experienced players who can grasp an extensive playbook. Not rookies.

hermhater
01-23-2008, 02:17 PM
I think it takes more balls to stick to your game plan than to adhere to the mob and try to start flingin the ball all over the field with a horrible line not being able to protect your 2nd year QB.

I mean, it's not like the Chiefs were getting blown out EVERY SINGLE GAME. 8 of their 12 losses were by 10pts or fewer. 3 of the other 4 losses came after the Chiefs were out of playoff contention. 1 to GB and 2 to the Broncos.

As horrible as the offense was, this team isn't THAT FAR OFF.

I hope to God you're right!

I predict a SB win for the Chiefs next year!!

:yahoo:

Canada
01-23-2008, 02:20 PM
But you're making the assumption that Herm was calling the plays and not the OC (who's job it actually is). While the offense in 06 wasn't nearly what it had been earlier in the decade, There were two distinct differences between the past two offensive seasons.

For one, LJ didn't play nearly half the season this year. Second, the O-line was much, MUCH worse than last year. True, they were no Al Saunders, but they called enough offensive plays to get to the playoffs last year.

As can be seen this year in the playoffs, you don't need to score in the 40s to make deep runs in the playoffs. If your offense can use a power running game to wear down the defense, things should open up in the 4th.

Herm's football philosophy is in line with mine, or visa versa, whatever. If you can get ahead, then put the game on the defense, by the time the 4th quarter rolls around, you should be able to impose your will on your opponent. The 4th quarter is when you win the game. You set up your 4th quarter by running mondane plays during the first 3/4 of the game.

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for an offense like we had under Vermeil, but those kinds of offenses are usually run with experienced players who can grasp an extensive playbook. Not rookies.

I am making the assumption that Herm could have at some point stepped in and said "Stop running EVERY first down" I agree with the philosophy of wearing down a team and winning late too, however, we should have some sort of contingency plan for when we are behind in a game. Run run run while we are up then throw to the end zone at the end of the game is more how it went. Predictable.

texaschief
01-23-2008, 02:21 PM
I hope to God you're right!

I predict a SB win for the Chiefs next year!!

:yahoo:

yeah, that won't happen either.

yes, i know...that's pessimistic. But it's also grounded.:lol:

hermhater
01-23-2008, 02:22 PM
yeah, that won't happen either.

yes, i know...that's pessimistic. But it's also grounded.:lol:

You're grounded!

Go stand in the corner!

DrunkHillbilly
01-23-2008, 02:26 PM
What are the odds we make it to .500 next season?

hermhater
01-23-2008, 02:27 PM
What are the odds we make it to .500 next season?

I'd say about 50/50!

:D

DrunkHillbilly
01-23-2008, 02:28 PM
I'd say about 50/50!

:D
Funny!!!!! I wish I really believed that!

texaschief
01-23-2008, 02:28 PM
You're grounded!

Go stand in the corner!

aww, man:character00285:

texaschief
01-23-2008, 02:29 PM
we will be right back around 9 wins again next season. under if Croyle plays poorly and 1 playoff win if he plays well.

hermhater
01-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Funny!!!!! I wish I really believed that!

I think we can pull it off.

We have 3 OC's on the team now!

They are gonna keep Herm away from the play calling!

DrunkHillbilly
01-23-2008, 02:31 PM
we will be right back around 9 wins again next season. under if Croyle plays poorly and 1 playoff win if he plays well.
WOW!!! From 4 wins to the playoffs huh!!!! You realize they won't take three teams from our division right?

Canada
01-23-2008, 02:33 PM
WOW!!! From 4 wins to the playoffs huh!!!! You realize they won't take three teams from our division right?

No, but the Faders and the donx are nothin special right now.

hermhater
01-23-2008, 02:39 PM

And the Chargers are sitting at home right now just like the Chiefs!

Poor LT is probably crying into his Campbells Chunky soup, and Rivers is probably still arguing with the fans!

:sign0098:

DrunkHillbilly
01-23-2008, 02:41 PM
I know but it is painfull for me to think of how close we came to finishing behind the Raiders and I think the Donks are a better team than both of us right now. I hope the draft sways things in our direction but I don't think things will turn around in one year unfortunatly.

Canada
01-23-2008, 02:43 PM
I know but it is painfull for me to think of how close we came to finishing behind the Raiders and I think the Donks are a better team than both of us right now. I hope the draft sways things in our direction but I don't think things will turn around in one year unfortunatly.

Last season sucked, but we will at least split with the Donx next year and beat the faders a couple oftimes.

texaschief
01-23-2008, 02:44 PM

dude, we are NOT as bad as our record showed. this team is getting younger and more talented. the new line is gonna get better every year along with the defense and QB.

In my opinion, this team is two full seasons away from being a true contender.

hermhater
01-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Super Bowl for the Chiefs next year!

DrunkHillbilly
01-23-2008, 02:45 PM
dude, we are NOT as bad as our record showed. this team is getting younger and more talented. the new line is gonna get better every year along with the defense and QB.

In my opinion, this team is two full seasons away from being a true contender.
OK, but your prediction of playoffs next year leaves me wondering.

texaschief
01-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Super Bowl for the Chiefs next year!

well, not with Herm....right? :lol: :lol:

hermhater
01-23-2008, 02:48 PM
well, not with Herm....right? :lol: :lol:

I think the team is gonna stop listening to his sorry *** next year, and just do the right thing!

After this year it doesn't sound like anyone was listening to what he had to say anyways!

texaschief
01-23-2008, 02:50 PM
OK, but your prediction of playoffs next year leaves me wondering.

well, i was right about the way this season turned out. if you go back to our preseason posts, you'll find me predicting a top 5 draft position.

So, that wondering feeling you have right now, just wait till we're in the playoffs next season and you're in bewilderment about my prognostication.

........for real.....somebody needs to play me in scrabble...QUICK!!! I might forget these words later.

DrunkHillbilly
01-23-2008, 02:53 PM
well, i was right about the way this season turned out. if you go back to our preseason posts, you'll find me predicting a top 5 draft position.

So, that wondering feeling you have right now, just wait till we're in the playoffs next season and you're in bewilderment about my prognostication.

........for real.....somebody needs to play me in scrabble...QUICK!!! I might forget these words later.
That's funny!!!! Ask chiefs31 about my predictions!!!! We argued for months before the season started! BTW, same as yours! Weird! Put your money where your mouth is!

chief31
01-24-2008, 02:27 AM

That's funny!!!! Ask chiefs31 about my predictions!!!! We argued for months before the season started! BTW, same as yours! Weird! Put your money where your mouth is!

We never argued about what their record was going to be, but why. Because I had the Chiefs finishing in the cellar too.

hermhater
01-24-2008, 02:32 AM
We never argued about what their record was going to be, but why. Because I had the Chiefs finishing in the cellar too.

Damn.

I have missed so much Chiefs discussion by not being here before the season started.

Chiefster
01-24-2008, 05:06 AM

Don't tease me! :11:

DrunkHillbilly
01-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Yea I know but you and Canada were always on my *** for saying how bad we were going to be.

chief31
01-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Yea I know but you and Canada were always on my *** for saying how bad we were going to be.

We butted heads a few times, but not for that. I was the voice of severe pessemism before you arrived. I was rather thankful that I no longer had to pee in everyones cheerios once you started posting here.

Thanks, by the way. :D

DrunkHillbilly
01-24-2008, 12:54 PM
We butted heads a few times, but not for that. I was the voice of severe pessemism before you arrived. I was rather thankful that I no longer had to pee in everyones cheerios once you started posting here.

Thanks, by the way. :D
Just the facts ma'am!:D