PDA

View Full Version : Green to Dolphins trade

Coach
03-24-2007, 10:25 AM
OK. It's pretty clear the Dolphins want Trent Green. It's also pretty clear Trent Green wants to go to the Dolphins. What do you guys expect that we'll get in the trade?
:character00101:

chief31
03-24-2007, 11:01 AM
I have to say, that I don't expect much. Probably, nothing higher than a fifth round selection. The Dolphins realize that the Chiefs want to part with Green, on friendly terms. As does the entire N.F.L. Therefore, there is no need to offer a whole lot, for him. Few teams have a legitimate interest, anyway. being a three party deal, (Green having a say, in where he goes) Drops our leverage, too. So, I look for a sixth round draft pick, in compensation.

Chiefsfan27
03-24-2007, 01:17 PM
I think we could get a 5th round pick for Trent

Coach
03-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Do you think there any chance that we get a player instead of a draft pick?

khosier
03-25-2007, 09:46 AM
Do you think there any chance that we get a player instead of a draft pick?

I think we could get a player and a 4th pick. Trent still has a couple of good years left. People seem to forget that he was one of the top 2 or 3 QB's for the last 3 or 4 years. Until Herm came along. I think he will do good in the right system. I hope we don't regret letting him leave like we did with Gannon!!!

wolfpack
03-25-2007, 07:51 PM
they keep talking a 6th or 7th. if we get higher than a 6th this year i think we willbe lucky. maybe real lucky if we get a 5th, but cant see any higher. but stanger things have happened.

Coach
03-25-2007, 11:14 PM
If all we get is a 5th, I'd prefer to find a way to keep him.

stlchief
03-25-2007, 11:55 PM
Schuab was worth a second and a fifth? Trent Green isn't as young, but he brings a few more starts than 2. He is a fit in Miami and can help a young QB grow. He'll be there, and it will be for more than a 5th (isn't that what TB gave up for Plummer - just at a chance he would come).

Trent should bring a 3rd round. Hopefully he'll be successful there.

wolfpack
03-26-2007, 10:41 AM
i really like trent but he`s nursing home age in the nfl. he`s beat up,the fhins line isnt top of the line and he has the rest of the offense tring to learn the new system. 5th round if we are lucky this year.

chief31
03-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Maybe the trade value is rising. I heard that a few other teams were starting to show interest. Maybe they were hearing about what the tender for Green was, and decided that they could afford a little bit more than that. I'm hopin'.

kenny1937
03-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Maybe the trade value is rising. I heard that a few other teams were starting to show interest. Maybe they were hearing about what the tender for Green was, and decided that they could afford a little bit more than that. I'm hopin'.

I hope you are right chief31, yes he has age, and a bit beat up, but he still is worth more than what we got our coach for.

:bananen_smilies032: :bananen_smilies032:

Coach
03-28-2007, 08:17 PM
trent green still has a lot of good games left in him. He's a steal for a team that just needs that part. Let's say the Bears for example.

kenny1937
03-29-2007, 04:33 AM
trent green still has a lot of good games left in him. He's a steal for a team that just needs that part. Let's say the Bears for example.

Yes He is, and if the Chiefs don't get value for him, something is wrong.

:character00247: I've got everything under control!! :sign0095:

Chiefster
03-29-2007, 01:15 PM

I completely agree; noway is Green ready for retirement. :rockon:

chief31
03-31-2007, 11:31 AM
I juast heard, on N.F.L. Network, that the Chiefs are pushing the Dolphins for a second round pick! If they wind-up making this deal work......Wow!!!

With other teams getting involved in the bidding,(ClevelandBrowns, announced to the press, that they have been talking with us about him.) this sounds terrific.

Miami drafts ninth, overall and the Browns draft third, overall. If we had a second round pick, that early, we could either use it, or start looking for a deal, to move up, in the first round. That would open up ideas like Amobi Okoye, ( I swear.... I like more than the name.) or Levi Brown. Or several other guys, who are outside of our current drafting capabilities.

My preference would be to keep the extra, early second round pick. With three selections, of the first 54, we could address all three of, what I believe are, our biggest positional needs. WR; OT and DT. Especially, since it appears, that the talent level, after the top ten, runs thick through about two rounds.

Ooooo, I am awefully excited about this idea.

P.S. The N.F.L. Network just added, that the Detroit Lions are showing an interest too. ( They draft second, overall.) Tee-hee.

kenny1937
03-31-2007, 06:37 PM
I guess we will see how good of a negotiator Mr. Peterson is, we need to get value for Trent, he is too good of a QB to give away.

:bananen_smilies091: :victory: :character0074:

Coach
03-31-2007, 09:56 PM
The Chiefs asked for a 2nd from Miami, Miami offered a 7th. I think the Chiefs will get something closer to a 3rd or 4th rd'er out of him.

Chiefster
04-01-2007, 08:54 AM
P.S. The N.F.L. Network just added, that the Detroit Lions are showing an interest too. ( They draft second, overall.) Tee-hee.

That would be sweet!

jgunn1966
04-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Trent,Preist, and Allen for Jason Taylor

Chiefster
04-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Trent,Preist, and Allen for Jason Taylor

I don't believe that to be an equitable trade. IMO

Canada
04-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Trent Green for Dan Wilkinson. Wilkinson did not want to show up in donkeytown so their deal fell through!! lol