PDA

View Full Version : any of you watch college basketball? / AND THEN THERE WERE TWO!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

tammietailgator
04-08-2008, 12:33 AM
although... kansas recruiting may be enough
:bananen_smilies046:

royalswin100games
04-08-2008, 12:34 AM
yeah, what ever... he makes more than you and I can imagine... unless we come up with a really great idea!

maybe staying loyal to the team you just brought to the championship for a win is more valuable to his family than money.... it would be to me if it were me

The commentators on CBS seem to think the same way you do. They think he will renegotiate with Kansas for less money than is offered by Ok St.

hermhater
04-08-2008, 12:39 AM
Chiefster can we change this thread title now?

:biggrin:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/35.jpg

:yahoo:

hermhater
04-08-2008, 01:16 AM
75,000 KU fans out on Mass. St right now.

Lawrence is rocking right now!!!

Classes have been canceled in Lawrence!

anaeelbackwards
04-08-2008, 07:15 PM
75,000 KU fans out on Mass. St right now.

Lawrence is rocking right now!!!

Classes have been canceled in Lawrence!

and i was one of those 75 thou out having the time of my life, didn't get home til 7 in the morning.... and still partying/celebrating. i wish i woulda seen the parade this morning...:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
04-08-2008, 07:20 PM
and i was one of those 75 thou out having the time of my life, didn't get home til 7 in the morning.... and still partying/celebrating. i wish i woulda seen the parade this morning...:bananen_smilies046:

Is that you in this video?

YouTube - Downtown Lawrence after KU wins national championship

anaeelbackwards
04-08-2008, 07:26 PM
that was just mass chaos... seriously... i kept getting hit in the head with beach balls. its something ive never experienced, if only the chiefs were to win the superbowl and the royals win the world series this year, i would be complete...

god bless them jayhawks... ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK BABY!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/60.jpg

hermhater
04-08-2008, 07:32 PM
that was just mass chaos... seriously... i kept getting hit in the head with beach balls. its something ive never experienced, if only the chiefs were to win the superbowl and the royals win the world series this year, i would be complete...

god bless them jayhawks... ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK BABY!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/60.jpg

Awesome picture leeana!

Is that Allen Fieldhouse?

anaeelbackwards
04-08-2008, 07:38 PM
no that was at the nat'l championship game.

this is at allen fieldhouse.. not my video but its amazing...

YouTube - Kansas Jayhawks National Champions 2008 - AFH Reaction

was at the wheel in downtown lawrence so right when we won, we stormed the streets outside with our beers. its was great, i thought the celebration outside for unc was amazing, the celebration yesterday was 4x as great!

hermhater
04-08-2008, 07:43 PM
no that was at the nat'l championship game.

this is at allen fieldhouse.. not my video but its amazing...

YouTube - Kansas Jayhawks National Champions 2008 - AFH Reaction (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYC3HaUOU_o)

was at the wheel in downtown lawrence so right when we won, we stormed the streets outside with our beers. its was great, i thought the celebration outside for unc was amazing, the celebration yesterday was 4x as great!

I was watching you on the news!

It looked like the biggest party in the world!!

:yahoo: http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/61.jpg

anaeelbackwards
04-08-2008, 07:45 PM
I was watching you on the news!

It looked like the biggest party in the world!!

:yahoo: http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/04/61.jpg

the biggest party ive ever attended..... it was like getting laid. hah.. just kidding but it was amazing. did you jump for joy when chalmers made that shot? I SURE AS HELL DID.....

tammietailgator
04-08-2008, 08:29 PM
the biggest party ive ever attended..... it was like getting laid. hah.. just kidding but it was amazing. did you jump for joy when chalmers made that shot? I SURE AS HELL DID.....
You ROCK leanna!!!! Glad you went and represented our jayhawks!!!!!!!!

Cant wait to party at the homeopener! You have great experience!

:sign0098::bananen_smilies046::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo :

hermhater
04-08-2008, 08:34 PM

Hell yeah I was jumping for joy!!!

That was the exact play as when he did it to Texas last year.

I was watching it on You Tube earlier but can't find it now.

Yes she does rock!!!!

anaeelbackwards
04-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Yes she does rock!!!!

Cant wait to party at the homeopener! You have great experience!

have great experience? ---- i don't know what to make of that. :lol:

thanks guys, you guys always know how to make me smile....:yahoo:

Chiefster
04-08-2008, 08:42 PM
SAN ANTONIO – Brandon Rush has played his last game as a Kansas Jayhawk. Two sources close to Rush told Yahoo! Sports late Monday that Rush – KU’s leading scorer for the past three seasons – has decided to forgo his final season of eligibility and enter the NBA draft. Rush’s decision ends a college career that saw him earn first-team all-league honors in each of his three seasons while guiding Kansas to three straight Big 12 regular-season and conference tournament titles. Rush scored 12 points in Monday’s 75-68 NCAA championship game victory over Memphis at the Alamodome. He declined to comment on his draft status after the game. Rush averaged 15.8 points in six tournament games and 13.6 points in his career. This marks the third time Rush has declared for the draft. He did so following his senior season at Mt. Zion Academy in 2005 but withdrew when it became obvious he wouldn’t be selected in the first round. Rush also entered the draft following his sophomore season at Kansas but was forced to pull out after tearing an ACL less than a week before the pre-draft camp in Orlando. Most NBA scouts and analysts have pegged Rush as a mid-to-late first round selection in this summer’s NBA draft. The 6-foot-6, 210-pound Rush is the youngest brother of former UCLA star JaRon Rush and current guard Kareem Rush. Also Monday, a source close to Kansas sophomore guard Sherron Collins said Collins will return for his junior season. The source said that Collins had considered “testing the waters” by entering the draft without hiring an agent, which would have given him the option of returning if his draft status was unfavorable. Collins, though, realizes how much he’ll be able to enhance his stock by returning to Kansas in 2008-09, when he’ll take over for Russell Robinson as the Jayhawks’ starting point guard. Two other Kansas underclassmen – forward Darrell Arthur and guard Mario Chalmers – are also considering leaving school early for the draft. Their intentions were unknown as of Monday, although it’s believed that Arthur is leaning strongly toward turning pro.

royalswin100games
04-08-2008, 08:44 PM
SAN ANTONIO – Brandon Rush has played his last game as a Kansas Jayhawk. Two sources close to Rush told Yahoo! Sports late Monday that Rush – KU’s leading scorer for the past three seasons – has decided to forgo his final season of eligibility and enter the NBA draft. Rush’s decision ends a college career that saw him earn first-team all-league honors in each of his three seasons while guiding Kansas to three straight Big 12 regular-season and conference tournament titles. Rush scored 12 points in Monday’s 75-68 NCAA championship game victory over Memphis at the Alamodome. He declined to comment on his draft status after the game. Rush averaged 15.8 points in six tournament games and 13.6 points in his career. This marks the third time Rush has declared for the draft. He did so following his senior season at Mt. Zion Academy in 2005 but withdrew when it became obvious he wouldn’t be selected in the first round. Rush also entered the draft following his sophomore season at Kansas but was forced to pull out after tearing an ACL less than a week before the pre-draft camp in Orlando. Most NBA scouts and analysts have pegged Rush as a mid-to-late first round selection in this summer’s NBA draft. The 6-foot-6, 210-pound Rush is the youngest brother of former UCLA star JaRon Rush and current guard Kareem Rush. Also Monday, a source close to Kansas sophomore guard Sherron Collins said Collins will return for his junior season. The source said that Collins had considered “testing the waters” by entering the draft without hiring an agent, which would have given him the option of returning if his draft status was unfavorable. Collins, though, realizes how much he’ll be able to enhance his stock by returning to Kansas in 2008-09, when he’ll take over for Russell Robinson as the Jayhawks’ starting point guard. Two other Kansas underclassmen – forward Darrell Arthur and guard Mario Chalmers – are also considering leaving school early for the draft. Their intentions were unknown as of Monday, although it’s believed that Arthur is leaning strongly toward turning pro. #ysports .iysmcm { padding:5px; border:1px solid #999; width:auto;} #ysports .iysmcm h3 { margin-bottom:0; font-size:92%; color:#000; font-weight:bold; } #ysports .iysmcm h4 { font-size:100%; } #ysports .iysmcm-col { margin:0px 20px 0 0; padding:0px; list-style-type:none; } #ysports .iysmcm-col li { margin-top:10px; } #ysports .iysmcm-desc { margin:0px; } #ysports #bd .iysmcm-desc a { text-decoration:none; color:#000; } #ysports #bd .iysmcm-url { color: #008000; } #ysports .iysmcm div { clear:both; }

You guys are deep. Shouldn't effect the team much.

hermhater
04-08-2008, 08:50 PM
have great experience? ---- i don't know what to make of that. :lol:

thanks guys, you guys always know how to make me smile....:yahoo:

SAN ANTONIO – Brandon Rush has played his last game as a Kansas Jayhawk. Two sources close to Rush told Yahoo! Sports late Monday that Rush – KU’s leading scorer for the past three seasons – has decided to forgo his final season of eligibility and enter the NBA draft. Rush’s decision ends a college career that saw him earn first-team all-league honors in each of his three seasons while guiding Kansas to three straight Big 12 regular-season and conference tournament titles. Rush scored 12 points in Monday’s 75-68 NCAA championship game victory over Memphis at the Alamodome. He declined to comment on his draft status after the game. Rush averaged 15.8 points in six tournament games and 13.6 points in his career. This marks the third time Rush has declared for the draft. He did so following his senior season at Mt. Zion Academy in 2005 but withdrew when it became obvious he wouldn’t be selected in the first round. Rush also entered the draft following his sophomore season at Kansas but was forced to pull out after tearing an ACL less than a week before the pre-draft camp in Orlando. Most NBA scouts and analysts have pegged Rush as a mid-to-late first round selection in this summer’s NBA draft. The 6-foot-6, 210-pound Rush is the youngest brother of former UCLA star JaRon Rush and current guard Kareem Rush. Also Monday, a source close to Kansas sophomore guard Sherron Collins said Collins will return for his junior season. The source said that Collins had considered “testing the waters” by entering the draft without hiring an agent, which would have given him the option of returning if his draft status was unfavorable. Collins, though, realizes how much he’ll be able to enhance his stock by returning to Kansas in 2008-09, when he’ll take over for Russell Robinson as the Jayhawks’ starting point guard. Two other Kansas underclassmen – forward Darrell Arthur and guard Mario Chalmers – are also considering leaving school early for the draft. Their intentions were unknown as of Monday, although it’s believed that Arthur is leaning strongly toward turning pro.

He said in the post game interview last night that it was his last game.

anaeelbackwards
04-08-2008, 08:50 PM
they won the championship, what else is there to prove? but also i myself would like them to stay.... i am not for students leaving early for the draft, atleast stay at a minimum of 2-3 years... but hey thats for another forum, another subject.

mario chalmers darrel arthur and brandon rush gave me what i wanted. a championship. 5 years of heartbreak and made me sane again since that dreadful year of 2003. finally some closure with roy, oh the list goes on and on... 1988 i was only 2 years old and too young to understand...but now i know the feeling.. its great.

and plus, bill self says KU is gonna be good next year, i believe him.... 5 good recruits, we'll see.... CHEERS TO ALL YOU JAYHAWK FAITHFUL!

Chiefster
04-08-2008, 08:51 PM

...Sure do hope not.

hermhater
04-08-2008, 08:52 PM
they won the championship, what else is there to prove? but also i myself would like them to stay.... i am not for students leaving early for the draft, atleast stay at a minimum of 2-3 years... but hey thats for another forum, another subject.

mario chalmers darrel arthur and brandon rush gave me what i wanted. a championship. 5 years of heartbreak and made me sane again since that dreadful year of 2003. finally some closure with roy, oh the list goes on and on... 1988 i was only 2 years old and too young to understand...but now i know the feeling.. its great.

and plus, bill self says KU is gonna be good next year, i believe him.... 5 good recruits, we'll see.... CHEERS TO ALL YOU JAYHAWK FAITHFUL!

I can't possibly believe that Self will turn down $10,000,000 from Oklahoma State...

Chiefster
04-08-2008, 08:55 PM
I can't possibly believe that Self will turn down $10,000,000 from Oklahoma State...

KU would have to dig down deep to keep him.

anaeelbackwards
04-08-2008, 08:56 PM

allen fieldhouse vs gallager-iba

gallagher-iba is a great place to play and watch a basketball game, but come on..... allenfieldhouse... NO COMPARISON.

self wouldn't be that dumb...... true it is his alma mater, but self could make a better name for himself staying at kansas.

tammietailgator
04-08-2008, 08:57 PM
I believe he will stay at KU, trust me - they will pay up and ku gives him very good recruiting choices in the future.

Chiefster
04-08-2008, 09:15 PM
I believe he will stay at KU, trust me - they will pay up and ku gives him very good recruiting choices in the future.

...Hope your right.

anaeelbackwards
04-08-2008, 09:17 PM

I SECOND THIS.... Self would be stupid to do so. And plus he already said he's not leaving.

hermhater
04-08-2008, 09:25 PM
He has a Championship under his belt now, he will be able to recruit where ever he's at...

anaeelbackwards
04-08-2008, 09:27 PM
He has a Championship under his belt now, he will be able to recruit where ever he's at...

true true....

look at larry brown, he won a title and moved elsewhere... who knows, history might come up on us again...

HOPEFULLY NOT.

hermhater
04-08-2008, 09:31 PM
true true....

look at larry brown, he won a title and moved elsewhere... who knows, history might come up on us again...

HOPEFULLY NOT.

KU always brings in coaches that rock, I'm not worried!

royalswin100games
04-08-2008, 09:32 PM

KU won't match Ok St. He could make 4 mil a year there and 2 mil a year if he stays. Self will probably not leave though.

anaeelbackwards
04-08-2008, 09:34 PM
KU always brings in coaches that rock, I'm not worried!

unless its billy donovan or krzyzewski, i want no one else.

and how the hell does krzyzweski sound like "she-shefs-ski"?

Chiefster
04-08-2008, 09:35 PM
I SECOND THIS.... Self would be stupid to do so. And plus he already said he's not leaving.

...I thought so, but you know that's what Roy Williams said when rumors of him leaving for NCU begin circulating.

...Speaking of Good 'Ol Roy; did you guys catch the KU pin on Roy during last nights game? ...This after throwing his own team under the bus for losing to the Hawks Saturday.

hermhater
04-08-2008, 09:35 PM
KU won't match Ok St. He could make 4 mil a year there and 2 mil a year if he stays. Self will probably not leave though.

He would be crazy not to go if KU won't match.

I don't understand why they wouldn't though...

hermhater
04-08-2008, 09:37 PM
unless its billy donovan or krzyzewski, i want no one else.

and how the hell does krzyzweski sound like "she-shefs-ski"?

Back in the 1500's Germany invaded Poland and stole all their vowels!

:11: :biggrin:

...I thought so, but you know that's what Roy Williams said when rumors of him leaving for NCU begin circulating.

...Speaking of Good 'Ol Roy; did you guys catch the KU pin on Roy during last nights game? ...This after throwing his own team under the bus for losing to the Hawks Saturday.

Yeah I noticed that...

anaeelbackwards
04-08-2008, 09:39 PM

during the game, and during the half-time interview. i personally thought it was a great thing. its like finally getting over the whole ordeal and cheering for a team that you coached for 15 years. though the media is making a big deal out of nothing, unc fans will get mad but they aren't going to fire the man for it.

i was looking at the photos on kuathletics.com and there spotted was good ol' julian wright! and jacque vaughan, lots of kansas celebrities!

anaeelbackwards
04-08-2008, 10:03 PM
this video is caught at the one of the greatest moments of my life. thank you mario chalmers!

YouTube - Mario Chalmer's Shot, filmed at Allen Field House

hermhater
04-08-2008, 10:09 PM
this video is caught at the one of the greatest moments of my life. thank you mario chalmers!

YouTube - Mario Chalmer's Shot, filmed at Allen Field House (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=614gBkR1Y8A)

WOW!!!!

Those guys were almost as loud as me last night!

Chiefster
04-11-2008, 07:57 AM

YouTube - Mario Chalmer's Shot, filmed at Allen Field House (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=614gBkR1Y8A)

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!