PDA

View Full Version : Is there any room left for Al?

jerhart
01-26-2008, 06:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3215817

for ever red
01-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Not till they give King Carl is papers and Herm to

chief31
01-27-2008, 04:14 AM
Hmmm.... If Al doesn't find, or take, a job for this coming season, then maybe Bill Cowher won't mind working with him here next season.

:yahoo:

hermhater
01-27-2008, 04:16 AM
Hmmm.... If Al doesn't find, or take, a job for this coming season, then maybe Bill Cowher won't mind working with him here next season.

:yahoo:

You mean a dream come true?

I could deal with that!

:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
01-28-2008, 02:12 AM
Saunders should have been given the Head Coaching position here in KC instead of wasting a fourth round pick on Germ Edwards.

tornadospotter
01-28-2008, 02:18 AM
Saunders should have been given the Head Coaching position here in KC instead of wasting a fourth round pick on Germ Edwards.
Agreed!!! Al should be the head coach of the Chiefs.

Chiefster
01-28-2008, 02:21 AM

Yet another one of Carl's blunders.

tornadospotter
01-28-2008, 02:31 AM
Yet another one of Carl's blunders.
I really don't think he understands the fan base. Yes he was in charge of the franchise that built up this fan base, but he is going to lose it, if he blows this comming draft. Herm had better take the team to the playoffs this next season. This Chief fan is true red and gold, but tired of the almost. I want a Superbowl, win or lose I want my team to make it to the show!

Lazeye
01-28-2008, 02:18 PM
I want a Superbowl, win or lose I want my team to make it to the show!
not sure about the loss in the SB. Not many people remember who lost it in what year, so getting there would be fun but losing IT would suck and not be enough for me. If having cowher and al on the same staff in 09 I would be ok going less than .500 this year but if not than we better get 1 game above .500

Chiefster
01-28-2008, 04:46 PM
I really don't think he understands the fan base. Yes he was in charge of the franchise that built up this fan base, but he is going to lose it, if he blows this comming draft. Herm had better take the team to the playoffs this next season. This Chief fan is true red and gold, but tired of the almost. I want a Superbowl, win or lose I want my team to make it to the show!

not sure about the loss in the SB. Not many people remember who lost it in what year, so getting there would be fun but losing IT would suck and not be enough for me. If having cowher and al on the same staff in 09 I would be ok going less than .500 this year but if not than we better get 1 game above .500

I am a true fan win or lose, and will always cheer on my Chiefs, but agree, I too am tired of settling. Carl and Herm need to go IMHO.

hermhater
01-28-2008, 07:37 PM

Yep, and I bet Roaf and Shields would still be here had he not been let go!

:11:

Canada
01-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Yep, and I bet Roaf and Shields would still be here had he not been let go!

Shields maybe...Roaf, I doubt it.

hermhater
01-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Shields maybe...Roaf, I doubt it.

You doubt the power that Herm has against the Offense!

They would both be here had Herm not come!

Canada
01-30-2008, 09:04 AM
You doubt the power that Herm has against the Offense!

They would both be here had Herm not come!

So you are telling me that the fact that this last season would have been their 15th season as NFL linemen, had nothing to do with their retirement. Why did they not go play somewhere else?? I think putting their retirement on him is a bit of a strech

chief31
01-30-2008, 11:14 AM
I would go so far as to say that had Vermiel stayed, those two might have toughed-it-out for an extra year or two, but I think that it is stretch that either would have "gone out on a limb" like that for Saunders.

But, speculatively speaking, Roaf may have tried one more year. He was close to it anyway.

Canada
01-30-2008, 11:24 AM
I would go so far as to say that had Vermiel stayed, those two might have toughed-it-out for an extra year or two, but I think that it is stretch that either would have "gone out on a limb" like that for Saunders.

But, speculatively speaking, Roaf may have tried one more year. He was close to it anyway.\

I just don't think that Herm deserves all the blame for their retirement.

chief31
01-30-2008, 11:47 AM
I just don't think that Herm deserves all the blame for their retirement.

Not at all. In my opinion.

DrunkHillbilly
01-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Yea I don't either but I'm with 31, I think one or both may have tried to stretch it one more year if a different coach were there. I would guess it takes a little wind out of your sail when you as an O lineman knows that all the emphasis will be on improving the D as opposed to the offense.

Canada
01-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Yea I don't either but I'm with 31, I think one or both may have tried to stretch it one more year if a different coach were there. I would guess it takes a little wind out of your sail when you as an O lineman knows that all the emphasis will be on improving the D as opposed to the offense.

True, but when Roaf retired the offense didn't really need improvement.

DrunkHillbilly
01-30-2008, 01:46 PM
True, but when Roaf retired the offense didn't really need improvement.
Yea I just meant I think they all knew that Herm was a defense first coach. Along with the fact that they realized they were getting older, the line was quickly becoming a mess and there was question at the QB spot, they may have seen the writing on the wall. Who knows but I'm not sure anyone was exstatic that Herm was named coach. Except maybe LJ ( until the two monsters retired ) because herm was "suppose" to be a guy that ran the ball. I just wish he would realize that while his run first attitude can and has worked in the league forever, you need a line to protect and make holes to make that style come to fruition. Having said all this, I still blame CP for most of this. He is ultimatley responsible for personell and IMO, he still call some if not most of the shots. I don't care who the coach is, I believe he still has last say on who we do and don't get.

AkChief49
01-30-2008, 06:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3215817
Love Al, but would'nt the kitchen be getting a little crowded?:D