PDA

View Full Version : Croyle in '07

stlchief
03-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Anyone see what Herm says about young QB's in the AFC West? Pretty much stating that Croyle is the man unless Huard clearly squashes him in pre-season.

I'm not ready. I want to see Huard in '07 and see if it was a fluke --> I don't think so. Call me crazy, but I think the changes in defense are enough to make the squad better. Huard comes in to the simpler offense (Herm says cutting # of plays), has some young receivers (faster, better hands), the "angry-young-man" Johnson ready to prove with yards and not carries why he will be our franchise player in '08. We play the Raiders and the Broncos twice (and Cutler was 2-3 last year). I think it's a STRONG season. Play-offs for sure. It could be our first play-off win in a long time....

(if someone does something with Tynes -- please bring back Mort for anything under 40, LT can stick around for the long ones....)

Sorry, I digress, the post started as Herm giving the starting spot to Croyle. Don't you think Huard signed to play? Shouldn't he play?

(Should we have a thread to vent on why the !@#$ is LT still a Chief?)

Coach
03-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Huard is the starting QB in my mind. I like this post because it is finally something positive about next season. It's easy to complain about what we don't have. What we do have is a good QB, a good RB, a good TE, hopefully a good WR from the draft. On defense, we have a good defensive end, great LB's, and a good secondary. Every team has holes. Even the colts, have holes. Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!

kenny1937
03-29-2007, 03:29 AM
Huard is the starting QB in my mind. I like this post because it is finally something positive about next season. It's easy to complain about what we don't have. What we do have is a good QB, a good RB, a good TE, hopefully a good WR from the draft. On defense, we have a good defensive end, great LB's, and a good secondary. Every team has holes. Even the colts, have holes. Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed, as much as we like to belly ache, we made the play offs last season, when a whole bunch of teams didn't, and I think that Huard will do a great job as QB, and we may make the play offs again this year. And of course I like the way you ended your post Coach-GO CHIEFS!!

:113: :character0087:

chief31
03-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Here is how I work.....

During the off-season, I gripe. About players, about coaches, about management, even about other fans' optimism.

Why? There is nothing worse than having high hopes, and being dissapointed.
On the other hand, if you expect little, and make the playoffs (fluke) then....
WOOOO-HOOOO!!!! Like finding out you won a hundred dollars on a lottery ticket, that you never bought.
I hate buying a hundred lottery tickets, and coming away with four dollars. I like spending squat, and taking a big prize.

That said..... Huard earned the starting job. Herm is the boss. Therefore, I expect( Spending no money on the ticket) Croyle starts, and gets us to 4-6, before the beating, caused by below average OT play, is too much for him. Huard comes in to go 4-2. End result? 8-8 drafting 18th. Lots more complaining from Chief31.

Chiefster
03-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Anyone see what Herm says about young QB's in the AFC West? Pretty much stating that Croyle is the man unless Huard clearly squashes him in pre-season.

I'm not ready. I want to see Huard in '07 and see if it was a fluke --> I don't think so. Call me crazy, but I think the changes in defense are enough to make the squad better. Huard comes in to the simpler offense (Herm says cutting # of plays), has some young receivers (faster, better hands), the "angry-young-man" Johnson ready to prove with yards and not carries why he will be our franchise player in '08. We play the Raiders and the Broncos twice (and Cutler was 2-3 last year). I think it's a STRONG season. Play-offs for sure. It could be our first play-off win in a long time....

(if someone does something with Tynes -- please bring back Mort for anything under 40, LT can stick around for the long ones....)

Sorry, I digress, the post started as Herm giving the starting spot to Croyle. Don't you think Huard signed to play? Shouldn't he play?

(Should we have a thread to vent on why the !@#$ is LT still a Chief?)

LOL! That made me laugh outloud! :D

Chiefster
03-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Here is how I work.....

During the off-season, I gripe. About players, about coaches, about management, even about other fans' optimism.

Why? There is nothing worse than having high hopes, and being dissapointed.
On the other hand, if you expect little, and make the playoffs (fluke) then....
WOOOO-HOOOO!!!! Like finding out you won a hundred dollars on a lottery ticket, that you never bought.
I hate buying a hundred lottery tickets, and coming away with four dollars. I like spending squat, and taking a big prize.

That said..... Huard earned the starting job. Herm is the boss. Therefore, I expect( Spending no money on the ticket) Croyle starts, and gets us to 4-6, before the beating, caused by below average OT play, is too much for him. Huard comes in to go 4-2. End result? 8-8 drafting 18th. Lots more complaining from Chief31.

You and I think an aweful lot alike in this regard. However, optimism is a good thing also if for no other reason then to lighten things up around here and kind of balance things out.

texaschief
03-29-2007, 06:48 PM
i don't know, our schedule looks REALLY tough next year. it will be hard to make the playoffs no matter who's QB. just give the rookie the ball and look foward to nice first round pick in 08 and a really good season with a much easier schedule considering a poor record in 07. i think we build for a deep run in 08 and a championship in 09. but we have to be willing to go through a poor year. all the champs do it.

stlchief
03-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Unfortunately, a bad year no longer equals an easy schedule the following one. With the current set-up, whether you go 0 - 16 or 16 - 0, only 2 games are different. You play 6 games against your division (3 home / 3 away), 4 games against a rotating NFC division (every 4 years), 4 games against a rotating AFC division (every 3 years) and TWO games against the AFC teams that finished in the same spot in their division as you finished in yours -- so if you are 0 - 16, you play the last place finishers in the 2 AFC divisions you are not already playing, and so on.

That said, I think you have to win / win / win. Croyle is the future, but let him get his snaps in practice and mop up time this year. If he shines, play him.

BUT - the thread started with Herm doesn't sound like he is leaning that way. Anybody else get that feeling?

stlchief
03-30-2007, 02:03 AM
Here is the link to our upcoming opponents:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/future/

Canada
03-30-2007, 09:51 AM
2008 Chiefs vs the b_lls. I will be there to get my Vengance!!! Damn B_lls fans. Can I say damn in here? If not I am sorry

Coach
03-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Bills beat us 2 years ago badly. That was probably the most depressing game of the season. It still sticks out in my mind. Maybe because it was the only time that year, that I got to go out with my buddies and watch football.

TheLateGreat#58Fan
03-31-2007, 12:13 AM
I dont think they gave Huard that money as an insurance policy. And I thnk if we continue to strengthen our defense throught he draft and such, with his solid play we could win a first round play-off game or maybe more. I have trouble with the idea of putting Croyle in and let him take his licks and possibly struggle through the upcoming season. But how many times do we have to learn our lesson with older QB's and their short oppurtunity for success (DeBerg, Bono, Gannon(who should have gotten more of a shot), Montana (who brought us closer), and Green to name a few. Some other people on here have made the same suggestion but maybe its time we allowed a young QB to develop in the line of fire (I know we tried with Grbac), but if Edwards looks at Croyle and gives him the nod we need to try to stay behind through his learning curve because thats what it takes. I have been a die-hard fan for probably 18 years I am sure there our guys on here that have been fans for much longer, but I know I am sickened by our lack of play-off success- I almost jumped through the T.V. watching Lin Elliot-watching our defense-and then other times watching dissappointing seasons that we didn't even make it. I think I typed to much for my first post- but I promise you guys my heart is in the right place. Why cant we shore up all three facets of the game at the sametime as an organization?

Canada
03-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Bills beat us 2 years ago badly. That was probably the most depressing game of the season. It still sticks out in my mind. Maybe because it was the only time that year, that I got to go out with my buddies and watch football.
I was at that game and got in a fight in the parking lot. I don't like buffalo. Stinks like Cheerios

Coach
03-31-2007, 11:55 AM
I was at that game and got in a fight in the parking lot. I don't like buffalo. Stinks like Cheerios

Sweet. Now I know you're a diehard!

Coach
03-31-2007, 11:56 AM
I dont think they gave Huard that money as an insurance policy. And I thnk if we continue to strengthen our defense throught he draft and such, with his solid play we could win a first round play-off game or maybe more. I have trouble with the idea of putting Croyle in and let him take his licks and possibly struggle through the upcoming season. But how many times do we have to learn our lesson with older QB's and their short oppurtunity for success (DeBerg, Bono, Gannon(who should have gotten more of a shot), Montana (who brought us closer), and Green to name a few. Some other people on here have made the same suggestion but maybe its time we allowed a young QB to develop in the line of fire (I know we tried with Grbac), but if Edwards looks at Croyle and gives him the nod we need to try to stay behind through his learning curve because thats what it takes. I have been a die-hard fan for probably 18 years I am sure there our guys on here that have been fans for much longer, but I know I am sickened by our lack of play-off success- I almost jumped through the T.V. watching Lin Elliot-watching our defense-and then other times watching dissappointing seasons that we didn't even make it. I think I typed to much for my first post- but I promise you guys my heart is in the right place. Why cant we shore up all three facets of the game at the sametime as an organization?

My personal preference would be to start Huard. Bring Croyle in if Huard struggles and in blow out situations. Welcome to the board 'LateGreat'!!!!!

Chiefster
03-31-2007, 01:47 PM
2008 Chiefs vs the b_lls. I will be there to get my Vengance!!! Damn B_lls fans. Can I say damn in here? If not I am sorry

That made me laugh outloud.

Most everyone else does. LOL!

Chiefster
03-31-2007, 01:48 PM
My personal preference would be to start Huard. Bring Croyle in if Huard struggles and in blow out situations. Welcome to the board 'LateGreat'!!!!!

Agreed; bring Croyle along gradually.

kenny1937
03-31-2007, 05:10 PM
Realistically, hopefully Herm will use his noodle and start Huard, allowing Croyle to learn, espeacially behind the o line that we have, as was already stated Joe Montana could not succeed behind this o line, let alone a green rookie. IMOH.

:character0054: :violent-smiley-066: :group:

Canada
03-31-2007, 05:49 PM
Sweet. Now I know you're a diehard!
He said some stuff about my Chiefs that wasn't nice. And my buddy wrote 38-5 on his forhead with permanent marker after to remind him about the last time they had played. It was just the two of us cause everyone else was already in jail. I was the last one there and I didn't miss any of the game!! GO CHIEFS!!!

kenny1937
03-31-2007, 06:10 PM
(grin) Cool, Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan, Cool keep up the good work!

:sword: :drums: :bananen_smilies085:

Canada
03-31-2007, 06:50 PM
It s got nothin to do with being a Chiefs fan, I just really hate the b_lls :)

stlchief
03-31-2007, 06:52 PM
I hate about 31 teams....

Coach
03-31-2007, 08:39 PM
And my buddy wrote 38-5 on his forhead with permanent marker after to remind him about the last time they had played.

I think this defines the phrase "Adding insult to injury"!
:character0074:

Chiefster
03-31-2007, 08:43 PM
Realistically, hopefully Herm will use his noodle and start Huard, allowing Croyle to learn, espeacially behind the o line that we have, as was already stated Joe Montana could not succeed behind this o line, let alone a green rookie. IMOH.

:character0054: :violent-smiley-066: :group:

Yep! Congrats on the big 1k! :D

Chiefster
03-31-2007, 08:45 PM
I hate about 31 teams....

Sometimes our Chiefs are a team that I hate to love, but I do anyway.:yes: