PDA

View Full Version : Wanna play a game?

chief31
01-27-2008, 07:05 AM
I have been thinking about getting a Chiefscrowd mock draft going. Where we take volunteers to be assigned a team/teams to draft for, then assign specific times/dates (Perhaps a 12-24 hour window for each team.)for each team to be drafted for. So you would have a pre-set time or day, and would not absolutely have to be on the site each day.

For example, if we have eightteen members who are willing to play, then four members would be assigned one NFL to draft for, and the other fourteen memers would be assigned to two teams.

I think that it would be wisest to do only two rounds. This would leave open the option of trading draft spots. Although, if the majority would prefer to do one, or three rounds, then I would be willing to consider those options.

We would have a couple of threads specifically designated for this mock draft. One would be the actual draft thread, then we would have to have a thread for discussion about the mock draft.

Also, we might need a "players available" thread, listed the top-??? prospects that are available. Perhaps including links to a couple of sites that have player evaluations, since few people are active enough to have evaluated all of the top-??? players that are eligible for this draft. And, in this thread, we could also show what players have been taken.

Before I can commit to this idea, I would need to find out how many "players" we would be able to get in. So, if you have any interest in participating in this, then simply leave a reply here, in this thread.

I have done some similar mock drafts on other BBs, and it is rather fun. But we will need to get plenty of players, so let me hear from ya.

hermhater
01-27-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm in!

If I get stuck with the Raiders though I am gonna draft all kickers!

:lol:

chief31
01-27-2008, 01:46 PM
I imagine we would have a team-draft. Meaning that I would draw names out of a hat to see who gets to pick their team first.

hermhater
01-27-2008, 02:19 PM
I've never done any mock drafts before, so this will be quite the learning experience!

Guru
01-27-2008, 04:09 PM
I don't follow college ball outside of KU and KSU so count me out.

rbedgood
01-27-2008, 04:26 PM
I'll join....and would take the 49ers if everyone doesn't mind...might be better to have 10-15 of us to split the NFL and have 2-3 teams each...otherwise it would move very slowly.

Chiefster
01-28-2008, 01:48 AM
I don't follow college ball outside of KU and KSU so count me out.

Ditto.

AkChief49
01-29-2008, 12:00 AM
this sounded like the movie "saw". "I wanna play a game"...

Chiefster
01-29-2008, 03:51 AM
this sounded like the movie "saw". "I wanna play a game"...

Or...

YouTube - WarGames - SHALL WE PLAY A GAME?

chief31
01-29-2008, 09:48 AM
Of course, there's always...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/329.jpg

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?

Interest seems to be pretty low for the idea. We are needing some more people willing to give it a shot.

I myself don't know much about college players, but I have seen a little, and heard alot about the players. Plus, I read alot about the players on different sites.

I think we would need a minnimum of ten players to get this thing off the ground. We have three now. So we need at least seven more.

anaeelbackwards
01-29-2008, 12:41 PM
ugh. i hate killer dolls, mannequins, and clowns.

i hate faces with permanent smiles. creeps the **** out of me.

especially this guy.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/330.jpg

and for the game part, i dont really know how to get into mock drafts and things of that sort, so i guess im out. sorry

Chiefster
01-30-2008, 08:38 PM
ugh. i hate killer dolls, mannequins, and clowns.

i hate faces with permanent smiles. creeps the **** out of me.

especially this guy.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/01/330.jpg

and for the game part, i dont really know how to get into mock drafts and things of that sort, so i guess im out. sorry

How about Chucky???

tammietailgator
01-30-2008, 08:51 PM
How about Chucky???
even some people that are real and breathing can look like that -

Chiefster
01-30-2008, 11:23 PM

Botox treatment gone terribly wrong.

hermhater
01-30-2008, 11:25 PM

OH GOD!!!

I will have nightmares now!!!

:scared2:

Chiefster
01-30-2008, 11:31 PM
OH GOD!!!

I will have nightmares now!!!

:scared2:

Oh who are you kidding; you'll merely drown that image in a couple of twenty-four packs of beer.:drunkhb:

hermhater
01-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Oh who are you kidding; you'll merely drown that image in a couple of twenty-four packs of beer.:drunkhb:

Wish I could!

This 9-5 thing is kicking my butt!

I can't wait 'til training is over so I can get back on my normal schedule!

:bananen_smilies046: