PDA

View Full Version : too bad...

texaschief
02-03-2008, 11:25 PM
...the Patriots didn't have a better offense. I mean, for real. Don't they know that offense wins championships?!!

THE GREATEST OFFENSE IN NFL HISTORY WAS HELD TO 14 POINTS IN THE SUPER BOWL.....A PRETTY BIG GAME IN MY OPINION....SLIGHTLY LESS THAN 30+.

For those who aren't too prideful, I'll be happy to hear a couple "Texaschief, you were right" comments....anytime y'all feel like it.

hermhater
02-03-2008, 11:28 PM
They scored almost 40 points against the Giants earlier in the year (week 17?) and the Giants only scored 3 less.

Just because the Super Bowl happened to suck ***, and for some reason the O line of the Patriots let Brady down, doesn't prove your point.

I would say the Giants Offense won the game for them at the end, so no you are not right.

:biggrin:

texaschief
02-03-2008, 11:30 PM
They scored almost 40 points against the Giants earlier in the year (week 17?) and the Giants only scored 3 less.

Just because the Super Bowl happened to suck ***, and for some reason the O line of the Patriots let Brady down, doesn't prove your point.

I would say the Giants Offense won the game for them at the end, so no you are not right.

:biggrin:

Ummm, you for one said that it takes more than 30 pts to win big games. week 17 isn't exactly a big game. but, you know, whatever you say. lol

AkChief49

:biggrin:what???:sign0153:

Chiefster
...the Patriots didn't have a better offense. I mean, for real. Don't they know that offense wins championships?!!

THE GREATEST OFFENSE IN NFL HISTORY WAS HELD TO 14 POINTS IN THE SUPER BOWL.....A PRETTY BIG GAME IN MY OPINION....SLIGHTLY LESS THAN 30+.

For those who aren't too prideful, I'll be happy to hear a couple "Texaschief, you were right" comments....anytime y'all feel like it.

Texaschief you're a legend in your own mind. :D

j/k

texaschief
02-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Texaschief you're a legend in your own mind. :D

j/k

:lol: ....come on...it's ok....you can say it. :D

hermhater
02-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Ummm, you for one said that it takes more than 30 pts to win big games. week 17 isn't exactly a big game. but, you know, whatever you say. lol

I do agree that it does take those 30 points to win the big games, I also thought this was the worst offensive line performance the Pats have ever put up!

So are you saying the Pats D sucks?

They did pretty good today, and they were pretty good all season.

I don't know what happened tonight, but it was a ridiculous game.

Chiefster
02-03-2008, 11:36 PM
:lol: ....come on...it's ok....you can say it. :D

You're right; "it". :D

texaschief
02-03-2008, 11:36 PM
I do agree that it does take those 30 points to win the big games, I also thought this was the worst offensive line performance the Pats have ever put up!

It was a defensive game!! This is REAL football. I never said the Pats defense sucked. they only allowed 17 pts. Are you saying the Pats offense sucked? "they seemed pretty good all season."

texaschief
02-03-2008, 11:37 PM
You're right; "it". :D

:lol: :lol:

Hey, a PM will do...it doesn't HAVE to be public. LMAO:D

texaschief
02-03-2008, 11:38 PM

BTW, this game is going to go down as one of the best Super Bowls ever played.....and you said it suck and was ridiculous? wow

Chiefster
02-03-2008, 11:41 PM
:lol: :lol:

Hey, a PM will do...it doesn't HAVE to be public. LMAO:D

No thanks; one must have first went into the closet to have come out of it.

DrunkHillbilly
02-03-2008, 11:50 PM
BTW, this game is going to go down as one of the best Super Bowls ever played.....and you said it suck and was ridiculous? wow
TOTALLY DISAGREE!!!!!!!!!! I do agree with your basic premis about defense. In fact I mentioned the same in another thread but I hardly agree that this will go down as on of the best Superbowls ever!!!! Biggest upset in the history of the Superbowl but definetly not the best game. I thought the game was fairly boring until the 4th quarter. No, not because of defense. Just wasn't a lot going on. Not much in the way of rusing or passing.

hermhater
02-03-2008, 11:57 PM

Some dude said something similar after the game (it's his job) and was completely wrong.

And yes it sucked and it was ridiculous.

I still don't have any idea how Coughlin got the D fired up like that, but I have an idea it was Mitchell, and Strahan that should get the Co-MVP.

TOTALLY DISAGREE!!!!!!!!!! I do agree with your basic premis about defense. In fact I mentioned the same in another thread but I hardly agree that this will go down as on of the best Superbowls ever!!!! Biggest upset in the history of the Superbowl but definetly not the best game. I thought the game was fairly boring until the 4th quarter. No, not because of defense. Just wasn't a lot going on. Not much in the way of rusing or passing.

Not the biggest upset in the history of the Super Bowl (that might be the Chiefs or the Jets).

The entire first half was 3 and out crap, and it texaschief thinks that is REAL footbal, I hope he is never an NFL coach!

texaschief
02-03-2008, 11:59 PM

any game between these two cities is going to get all kinds of hype. there's gonna be talk about how this Giant defense held down the best offense ever and came up with the biggest upset in NFL history....you really don't see it being compared to the best Super Bowls ever? Really?

Chiefster
02-04-2008, 12:06 AM
any game between these two cities is going to get all kinds of hype. there's gonna be talk about how this Giant defense held down the best offense ever and came up with the biggest upset in NFL history....you really don't see it being compared to the best Super Bowls ever? Really?

No, he doesn't.

hermhater
02-04-2008, 12:11 AM

Really.

texaschief
02-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Really.

:lol: :lol: and offense wins Championships, right HH? :lol: :lol:

hermhater
02-04-2008, 12:19 AM
:lol: :lol: and offense wins Championships, right HH? :lol: :lol:

Well it seems that the Giants Offense won this game in the end.

The Pats D is (was) better than the Giants and how did the Pats do today?

I am still so pissed.

texaschief
02-04-2008, 12:28 AM
Well it seems that the Giants Offense won this game in the end.

The Pats D is (was) better than the Giants and how did the Pats do today?

I am still so pissed.

Don't act like the Giants lit up the scoreboard now. They only scored 17 pts. and the Giants didn't do anything the Patriots didn't do in the final minutes.

I didn't realize you had stock in this game. If i had known that, i wouldn't be twisting the dagger in your side. I'm still elated that the team from Boston didn't win!! Sorry HH.

jerhart
02-04-2008, 07:36 AM
One of the best SuperBowls ever....plain and simple....David took down Goliath...

...A game winning drive to knock off the 'champs'....and a low scoring game like this....with the team who set the record for scoring the most points in a season? ...no one saw that coming...

....One of the Best games....

...and for those who disagree.... Name a game in the last 10 years which was better...had more riding on the line....

..I mean either a team was going to go 19-0....or two brothers win back to back superbowls....

....I gurantee you...it will be a while before someone goes 18-0 again and two other brothers win back to back superbowls....

ONE OF THE BEST SUPERBOWLS EVER :yahoo:

jerhart
02-04-2008, 07:41 AM
TOTALLY DISAGREE!!!!!!!!!! I thought the game was fairly boring until the 4th quarter. No, not because of defense. Just wasn't a lot going on. Not much in the way of rusing or passing.

Nothing going on eh? Seriously? Only the leagues golden boy....3 time superbowl....aka untill the game, 'best qb ever' was being thrown around a bit...

...well anyway...this guys was gettin destroyed....he got sacked 5 more times than he HAD the WHOLE season...

..how on earth could you say nothing was going on?

...you just saw the highest scoring offense in NFL history get shut down...and you say not till the 4th quarter...?

...Sorry man, but open your eyes.... :lol:

DrunkHillbilly
02-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Nothing going on eh? Seriously? Only the leagues golden boy....3 time superbowl....aka untill the game, 'best qb ever' was being thrown around a bit...

...well anyway...this guys was gettin destroyed....he got sacked 5 more times than he HAD the WHOLE season...

..how on earth could you say nothing was going on?

...you just saw the highest scoring offense in NFL history get shut down...and you say not till the 4th quarter...?

...Sorry man, but open your eyes.... :lol:
BOOOOORING!!!!!!!

5 times more than the whole season???? he was sacked 21 times this year.

better games in the last 10 years huh? How about the last 9???? Remember Willy Parker up the middle for 75 yds??? I could go on for hours about this remark!!!!

It was 3-0 after the 1st quarter!!!!!!!!!!

I liked watching the D fly around but a couple sacks and a couple hurry's in the 1st half doesn't make for great football!!!!

jerhart
02-04-2008, 09:10 AM
better games in the last 10 years huh? How about the last 9???? Remember Willy Parker up the middle for 75 yds??? I could go on for hours about this remark!!!!

Willy Parker 75 yard run? Thats all you got? That is suppose to be more exciting than a 18-0 team gettin knocked off? :smilies_musik12: HAHA Weak Sauce....try another example...

And by the way, what would have made the game better? New England winning by 50 points like everyone predicted? I am pretty sure I would have changed the channel by the 1st quarter....The fact is that I am sure that most everyone watched the game untill the very end....maybe it wasnt as high scoring as some of us would have liked, but it was a good ol football game.

One more question, were you a fan on the XFL? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DrunkHillbilly
02-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Willy Parker 75 yard run? Thats all you got? That is suppose to be more exciting than a 18-0 team gettin knocked off? :smilies_musik12: HAHA Weak Sauce....try another example...

And by the way, what would have made the game better? New England winning by 50 points like everyone predicted? I am pretty sure I would have changed the channel by the 1st quarter....The fact is that I am sure that most everyone watched the game untill the very end....maybe it wasnt as high scoring as some of us would have liked, but it was a good ol football game.

One more question, were you a fan on the XFL? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The only weak sauce is coming out of your mouth!!
An 18-0 team getting beat yesterday was historic but hardly exciting!!! Hell, the game the two teams played in week 17 was waaaaaay more exciting than the Superbowl!!! Here's 6 examples!!!!

How about last years game? Much more entertaining!!

2005.....Better game
2004.....Better game
2002.....Better game
2000.....Better game
1998.....Better game

I could break down every game but I'm sure you will regurgitate the same crap over and over again!! I am not a Pats fan at all. I couldn't care less about them. They just happen to be part of some of the more exciting Superbowl games over the last 10 years.

The six games I just mentioned were far more entertaining than yesterdays game! I guarrantee you don't remember them so do some research and tell me I'm wrong.

jerhart
02-04-2008, 11:21 AM
The only weak sauce is coming out of your mouth!!
An 18-0 team getting beat yesterday was historic but hardly exciting!!! Hell, the game the two teams played in week 17 was waaaaaay more exciting than the Superbowl!!! Here's 6 examples!!!!

How about last years game? Much more entertaining!!

2005.....Better game
2004.....Better game
2002.....Better game
2000.....Better game
1998.....Better game

I could break down every game but I'm sure you will regurgitate the same crap over and over again!! I am not a Pats fan at all. I couldn't care less about them. They just happen to be part of some of the more exciting Superbowl games over the last 10 years.

The six games I just mentioned were far more entertaining than yesterdays game! I guarrantee you don't remember them so do some research and tell me I'm wrong.

2005-
Christian Fauria recovered the onside kick, but the Eagles’ defense forced a punt. Dexter Reid downed Josh Miller’s 32-yard punt at the Eagles’ 4 with 46 seconds left, and Harrison intercepted McNabb’s pass three plays later to clinch the title.

Not too exciting there….game ends on a Mcnabb intercetption that’s no surprise….. Patriots win by 3. Better than the Giants knocking off an undefeated team? Think NOT.

2004-
Adam Vinatieri kicked a 41-yard field goal with four seconds remaining as the Patriots won their second Super Bowl in three seasons. While it took a Super-Bowl record 26 minutes and 55 seconds for the first points to be scored, the teams combined for 868 yards (481 by New England) and the game also featured the highest scoring quarter (combined 37 points in the fourth).

-it must be the almost 27 minutes into the game until someone finally scored why you think this one is better….wait you were crying because nobody was scoring last nite……yet you say this game is better even tho it was basically scoreless the FIRST HALF?

2002-
Adam Vinatieri's 48-yard field goal as time expired gave the New England Patriots their first Super Bowl title.

-I have a feeling you have a thing for kickers? Or was it that New England cheated on this game too which makes it so special to you?

2000-
Mike Jones tackled Kevin Dyson at the 1-yard line as time expired, preserving the Rams' first-ever Super Bowl title. The Rams drove inside the Titans' 20 with each of their first six possessions, but compiled just 3 field goals and 1 touchdown to take a 16-0 lead. Holder Mike Horan's bobbled snap averted a 35-yard field-goal attempt to conclude the Rams' first drive.

This is the ONE good superbowl you picked out….good job. You should be happy.

2000-
Terrell Davis rushed for 157 yards and a Super Bowl-record three touchdowns to lead the Broncos to their first NFL championship and break the NFC's streak of Super Bowl victories at 13.

A 7 point loss…still not seeing anything too great here?

Just let me refresh your mid. Last night history was almost made. A team 18-0 was on the verge of making history again. The Patriots had broken how many records this season? No one gave them a chance to win? And then Eli Manning….not Tom Brady….Not Peyton Manning…drives his team down the field and scores with under a minute to go? Oh and the most high performing offense in NFL history was held to 14 points? There is more to the storyline last night, but like you said, I could go on and on, with examples, but I will give you a chance to point out how ANY one of those games topped last nites?

Oh and I did my research…..

YOU ARE WRONG.

DrunkHillbilly
02-04-2008, 12:51 PM
2005-
Christian Fauria recovered the onside kick, but the Eagles’ defense forced a punt. Dexter Reid downed Josh Miller’s 32-yard punt at the Eagles’ 4 with 46 seconds left, and Harrison intercepted McNabb’s pass three plays later to clinch the title.

Not too exciting there….game ends on a Mcnabb intercetption that’s no surprise….. Patriots win by 3. Better than the Giants knocking off an undefeated team? Think NOT.

2004-
Adam Vinatieri kicked a 41-yard field goal with four seconds remaining as the Patriots won their second Super Bowl in three seasons. While it took a Super-Bowl record 26 minutes and 55 seconds for the first points to be scored, the teams combined for 868 yards (481 by New England) and the game also featured the highest scoring quarter (combined 37 points in the fourth).

-it must be the almost 27 minutes into the game until someone finally scored why you think this one is better….wait you were crying because nobody was scoring last nite……yet you say this game is better even tho it was basically scoreless the FIRST HALF?

2002-
Adam Vinatieri's 48-yard field goal as time expired gave the New England Patriots their first Super Bowl title.

-I have a feeling you have a thing for kickers? Or was it that New England cheated on this game too which makes it so special to you?

2000-
Mike Jones tackled Kevin Dyson at the 1-yard line as time expired, preserving the Rams' first-ever Super Bowl title. The Rams drove inside the Titans' 20 with each of their first six possessions, but compiled just 3 field goals and 1 touchdown to take a 16-0 lead. Holder Mike Horan's bobbled snap averted a 35-yard field-goal attempt to conclude the Rams' first drive.

This is the ONE good superbowl you picked out….good job. You should be happy.

2000-
Terrell Davis rushed for 157 yards and a Super Bowl-record three touchdowns to lead the Broncos to their first NFL championship and break the NFC's streak of Super Bowl victories at 13.

A 7 point loss…still not seeing anything too great here?

Just let me refresh your mid. Last night history was almost made. A team 18-0 was on the verge of making history again. The Patriots had broken how many records this season? No one gave them a chance to win? And then Eli Manning….not Tom Brady….Not Peyton Manning…drives his team down the field and scores with under a minute to go? Oh and the most high performing offense in NFL history was held to 14 points? There is more to the storyline last night, but like you said, I could go on and on, with examples, but I will give you a chance to point out how ANY one of those games topped last nites?

Oh and I did my research…..

YOU ARE WRONG.
The games you have broke down were ALL better and ALL watched until the last second like yesterdays game.

This is like having a conversation with my seven year old!!!

Somewhere around 400 yds TOTAL offense is a great Superbowl? You obviously are a Patriots hater!

1-0 baseball pitchers dual are great too!!! 15 pop ups, 5 strike outs and a ground ball double play makes for a great game!! Right!! 20 strike outs makes for a good game but this game hardly had anything of that significance as far as excitement!
157 yds rushing not exciting?????

How about when your beloved Patriots beat the Rams?

How about the Titans being stopped on the one yd line?

How about the 69 Jets being an 18 point underdog winning outright?

ALL games that were better than yesterdays game. Just because it was a historic upset doesn't mean it was a great game! Wake up bud!!! Your showing your brain!

jerhart
02-04-2008, 01:03 PM
ALL games that were better than yesterdays game. Just because it was a historic upset doesn't mean it was a great game! Wake up bud!!! Your showing your brain!

Really?.....DrunkHillbilly? ...Look before you leap....

Chiefster
02-04-2008, 01:07 PM
The games you have broke down were ALL better and ALL watched until the last second like yesterdays game.

This is like having a conversation with my seven year old!!!

Somewhere around 400 yds TOTAL offense is a great Superbowl? You obviously are a Patriots hater!

1-0 baseball pitchers dual are great too!!! 15 pop ups, 5 strike outs and a ground ball double play makes for a great game!! Right!! 20 strike outs makes for a good game but this game hardly had anything of that significance as far as excitement!
157 yds rushing not exciting?????

How about when your beloved Patriots beat the Rams?

How about the Titans being stopped on the one yd line?

How about the 69 Jets being an 18 point underdog winning outright?

One should keep their brains concealed within one's skull. :D

DrunkHillbilly
02-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Really?.....DrunkHillbilly? ...Look before you leap....
Yep! Watched em all! Thought they were all better! Only had financial stake in them. Including yesterdays game! No emotional attachment at all and IMO, yesterdays game was just ok.

DrunkHillbilly
02-04-2008, 01:18 PM
One should keep their brains concealed within one's skull. :D
I would think it may result in less headaches. :lol:

Chiefster
02-04-2008, 01:50 PM
I would think it may result in less headaches. :lol:

You maybe right; but it would be less gross. :lol:

Canada
02-04-2008, 07:35 PM
I enjoyed watching yesterdays SuperBowl!! It was fun, my buddies were over, we ate food we drank beer and watched a good football game. If you guys want to argue the best SB ever, argue knowing that there is not Right or Wrong. Some liked yesterdays, some liked the 03 SuperBowl. Who cares.

TexasChief...at the start of this thread....what are you right about?

Chiefster
02-04-2008, 08:22 PM
I enjoyed watching yesterdays SuperBowl!! It was fun, my buddies were over, we ate food we drank beer and watched a good football game. If you guys want to argue the best SB ever, argue knowing that there is not Right or Wrong. Some liked yesterdays, some liked the 03 SuperBowl. Who cares.

Excellent point!

Rep!

anaeelbackwards
02-04-2008, 08:36 PM

was that the titans/rams game?

anyways i agree, i only caught the last quarter of the game because i was in the hospital with my parents but we just happened to catch it. nothing like sitting in a waiting room watching the game with complete strangers. the only thing missing was a cooler of beer.

IlovetheChiefs
02-04-2008, 08:41 PM
I thought yesterday's SB was one of the best. But THE best one of all is Super Bowl 4, of course!

The Giants one in 1990 (well, January 1991) against Buffalo was real good too. The one where Buffalo should have won the SB but Norwood muffed the game winning fg.

Both Dallas-Pittsburgh ones from the 70's were great games with 2 extremely talented teams.

And even though the 1985 Bears over NE and 2000 Ravens over Giants were routs, they were something of a marvel to see beacuse the defenses of that Bears team and Ravens team were so incredibly dominant both in those SB's and for the whole season.