PDA

View Full Version : Wes Welker / Dante Hall

Coach
02-05-2008, 12:35 PM
When I was watching the superbowl the other night, I was amazed at how effective Wes Welker was fohe Patriots and the effort he gave on every play. Then I started thinking, why don't more teams use these tiny, super quick WR's. Then I remembered we tried that with Dante Hall. He was quick, why wasn't he successful....

I think the lesson learned is how important it is be to an effective route runner. You hear lip service all of the time about the imprtance of route running as a WR. Wes Welker is living proof that route running is a lost art and is not just hype.

Just my .02

Canada
02-05-2008, 12:36 PM
I think Welker has better hands that Dante did, but I agree on the route running. Jerry Rice wasn't the biggest guy and wasn't the fastest guy but he was the best for a reason.

DrunkHillbilly
02-05-2008, 12:38 PM
When I was watching the superbowl the other night, I was amazed at how effective Wes Welker was fohe Patriots and the effort he gave on every play. Then I started thinking, why don't more teams use these tiny, super quick WR's. Then I remembered we tried that with Dante Hall. He was quick, why wasn't he successful....

I think the lesson learned is how important it is be to an effective route runner. You hear lip service all of the time about the imprtance of route running as a WR. Wes Welker is living proof that route running is a lost art and is not just hype.

Just my .02
Not to mention that Welker is twice the receiver than Dante ever was. Back in the day there was ( sorry Canada ) Don Bebe, Ed McCaffery and more recently was Brandon Stokley.

Canada
02-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Not to mention that Welker is twice the receiver than Dante ever was. Back in the day there was ( sorry Canada ) Don Bebe, Ed McCaffery and more recently was Brandon Stokley.

meh....it happens. they were bound to accidentally get a good player or two!! :lol:

chief31
02-05-2008, 12:53 PM

Just my .02

I would have to agree that Dantes hands weren't great, and add that he never looked comfortable playing WR.

And, uhh... are we just going to overlook Marvin Reggie in Indy? Those guys live off of great route-running, and excellent hands.

(I know, you were just pointing out the successful slot-recievers, but I had to slip those names in somehow.)

DrunkHillbilly
02-05-2008, 02:06 PM
I would have to agree that Dantes hands weren't great, and add that he never looked comfortable playing WR.

And, uhh... are we just going to overlook Marvin Reggie in Indy? Those guys live off of great route-running, and excellent hands.

(I know, you were just pointing out the successful slot-recievers, but I had to slip those names in somehow.)
Ur right!! I was speaking of slot guys! I think I may take Wayne over Harrison these days. Eventhough Marvin was and probably still is a great receiver.

Chiefster
02-05-2008, 03:10 PM
I think Welker has better hands that Dante did, but I agree on the route running. Jerry Rice wasn't the biggest guy and wasn't the fastest guy but he was the best for a reason.

Yeah I wished he would have ended his career in KC like Montana did.

Lazeye
02-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Hall had Very poor hands! welker hardly drops anything.

DrunkHillbilly
02-06-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm the only one saying that!

Canada
02-06-2008, 12:05 PM
woW thank you Friend did not know you cared so much to say such things in a simple football forum. Can you let me know when the people quit noticing me as an ***. But you do StilL like to correct people and then make them out to look like an ***.:fighting0030:

Yer doin a fine job all on your own!! :sign0098::bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
02-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Learn how to capitalize the first letter in your sentences or go away timsatt!

So is that really a PrObLeM FoR YoU! If So GeT a JoB aS An EnGlIsH TeachER OK!

:sign0153:
So this is what started the big cat fight? :lol: :D

hermhater
02-06-2008, 10:23 PM

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/icons/icon3.gif
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

Chiefster figured something out!

:yahoo:

:biggrin:

IlovetheChiefs
02-06-2008, 10:28 PM

You mean the Bengals played the Lions? Shouldn't happen in CHIEFS land!

Chiefster
02-06-2008, 10:37 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/icons/icon3.gif
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

Chiefster figured something out!

:yahoo:

:biggrin:

Well when yer as old as I am....GET OFF MY LAWN :sign0104:! :p

hermhater
02-06-2008, 11:39 PM

:lol:

Nice!

anaeelbackwards
02-07-2008, 02:55 PM

hahaha this reminded me of that simpsons episode where the whole george bush sr./bart simpson ordeal.. anyone remember that one?

hermhater
02-07-2008, 08:41 PM
hahaha this reminded me of that simpsons episode where the whole george bush sr./bart simpson ordeal.. anyone remember that one?

I don't remember that one Leeana, why don't you post it so I can get a laugh?

:sign0098:

Chiefster
02-08-2008, 09:13 AM

I don't remember that one Leeana, why don't you post it so I can get a laugh?

:sign0098:

It was funny.

Chiefster
02-08-2008, 09:18 AM
YouTube - Read My Lips

Chiefster
02-08-2008, 09:21 AM
YouTube - Like Mr. Rogers

Chiefster
02-08-2008, 09:23 AM
And for HH...

YouTube - Busch Garden