PDA

View Full Version : ...uh oh...Another has been qb in KC?

jerhart
02-10-2008, 06:01 PM
BOOOOOO!!!

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080210/SPORTS02/802100410/1022&theme=

hermhater
02-10-2008, 06:02 PM
I read this earlier today, but I'm not buying into the hype.

Someone else will come in and grab the guy.

Canada
02-10-2008, 06:15 PM
I wouldn't hate having him here. At least he can scramble.

hermhater
02-10-2008, 06:17 PM
I wouldn't hate having him here. At least he can scramble.

We can't afford him, even if his best years are behind him.

Canada
02-10-2008, 06:19 PM
I guess we shall see. I don't want them to break the bank or anything but i would not mind having him here. Just my 2/100 of a dollar!!

hermhater
02-10-2008, 06:21 PM
I guess we shall see. I don't want them to break the bank or anything but i would not mind having him here. Just my 2/100 of a dollar!!

You do realize he would call out the rest of the Chiefs in his blog!

:11:

Canada
02-10-2008, 06:24 PM
You do realize he would call out the rest of the Chiefs in his blog!

You do realize that i do not know nor do I care what a blog is. I didn't know that we didn't want troublemakers on the team. go kiss ocho stinko

chief31
02-10-2008, 06:25 PM
An aging QB who has become used to having good protection? Didn't we decide that we didn't need that last offseason?

I like McNabb, but see no reason to pursue him.

hermhater
02-10-2008, 06:26 PM
You do realize that i do not know nor do I care what a blog is. I didn't know that we didn't want troublemakers on the team. go kiss ocho stinko

A blog is sort of like a mix between a blonde and a hog.

Think Miss Piggy!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/02/36.jpg

Canada
02-10-2008, 06:26 PM
uhhhh....how about so that we have enough QBs to stand the punishment. Both or ours were hurt at the end of the season were they not. If herm is gonna kill QBs we may as well have a bunch of them. Why do you always need to argue with me? :lol:

hermhater
02-10-2008, 06:30 PM
uhhhh....how about so that we have enough QBs to stand the punishment. Both or ours were hurt at the end of the season were they not. If herm is gonna kill QBs we may as well have a bunch of them. Why do you always need to argue with me? :lol:

Because you're always wrong!

:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
02-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Because you're always wrong!

hmmm....I believe that I have posted "Chiefs Kick ***" several times here.

I question your fandom sometimes.

....and you can't hold your beer! :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
02-10-2008, 06:36 PM
hmmm....I believe that I have posted "Chiefs Kick ***" several times here.

I question your fandom sometimes.

....and you can't hold your beer! :bananen_smilies046:

Oh when you say things like "Chiefs Kick ***" you are not wrong...

It is just when you start trying to form you own opinions is where you go wrong!

Canada
02-10-2008, 06:37 PM
mmmm hmmm....guess i can't argue with something as convincing as a parrot

hermhater
02-10-2008, 07:21 PM
mmmm hmmm....guess i can't argue with something as convincing as a parrot

You said it!

:yahoo:

chief31
02-10-2008, 07:24 PM
How many minutes into the first quarter would it take for the QB-killing Herm to get the injured-every-year McNabb hurt? :D

spiman
02-10-2008, 07:34 PM
What is interesting about this article is everybody seems to think K.C. needs a Q.B. LIKE ME. Not a wash out though, A good draft pick-There might B 1.. Well see.

chief31
02-10-2008, 07:37 PM
What is interesting about this article is everybody seems to think K.C. needs a Q.B. LIKE ME. Not a wash out though, A good draft pick-There might B 1.. Well see.

I wouldn't be against taking a chance on some second-day QB from the draft, but using an early pick would cost us on the offensive line, and that would help to make sure all of our QBs stay on the sidelines.

hermhater
02-10-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm with chief31 on this, no new QB until we fix the line!

Canada
02-10-2008, 08:05 PM
How many minutes into the first quarter would it take for the QB-killing Herm to get the injured-every-year McNabb hurt? :D

But for a little bit of money, I won't really care and hopefully Brodie and/or Damon are healthy late in the season when it counts!! :D

Canada
02-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Any argument I make for a player is second to O line issues for sure. I just figure we don't need to keep bringing that up. Watching them this year was painful enough! :drunkhb:

hermhater
02-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Any argument I make for a player is second to O line issues for sure. I just figure we don't need to keep bringing that up. Watching them this year was painful enough! :drunkhb:

Well it would probably take a draft pick or two to get him, and even they are late round draft picks, we still need 'em!

Pay attention.

Canada
02-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Well it would probably take a draft pick or two to get him, and even they are late round draft picks, we still need 'em!

Pay attention.

I never pay attention when you post. :sign0104:

hermhater
02-10-2008, 08:47 PM
I never pay attention when you post. :sign0104:

You're a towel!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/194.jpg

Coach
02-10-2008, 10:19 PM
McNabb would be better than any of the other QB's on our current roster. I really don't think that McNabb would be too thrilled to come to KC anyway. Herm's offensive philosophy doesn't exactly lend itself well to QB's. Let alone the O-line being in complete disarray at the moment.

hermhater
02-10-2008, 10:41 PM
McNabb would be better than any of the other QB's on our current roster. I really don't think that McNabb would be too thrilled to come to KC anyway. Herm's offensive philosophy doesn't exactly lend itself well to QB's. Let alone the O-line being in complete disarray at the moment.

And yet still as ineffective.

If we spend the draft picks, and money on McNabb we won't be able to fix the O line!

YZILLA
02-11-2008, 12:54 AM
We dont need Mcnabb ! He isnt gonna save us if we dont fix our oline and he has had some serious injuries that never heal completely as you get older your feet get slower , just asked Trent Green and Damon Huard. Brodie is kinda girlish , hes so tiny and frail. We need a big all american Farm kid with a cannon arm like a Peyton manning , ( sorry HH ) .

hermhater
02-11-2008, 12:56 AM
We dont need Mcnabb ! He isnt gonna save us if we dont fix our oline and he has had some serious injuries that never heal completely as you get older your feet get slower , just asked Trent Green and Damon Huard. Brodie is kinda girlish , hes so tiny and frail. We need a big all american Farm kid with a cannon arm like a Peyton manning , ( sorry HH ) .

Jake Long for QB!

:sign0104:

hermhater
02-11-2008, 12:59 AM
We dont need McIntosh! He isnt gonna save us if we dont fix our oline and he has had some serious injuries that never heal completely as you get older your feet get slower , just asked Trent Green and Damon Huard. Brodie is kinda girlish , hes so tiny and frail. We need a big all american Farm kid with a cannon arm like a Peyton manning , ( sorry HH ) .

Fixed Yer Post!

YZILLA
02-11-2008, 01:04 AM
lol , Mcintosh will be ok if he blocks strong side instead of weak. if the QB doesnt see the missed block due to slow feet coming his way we are in trouble . He gave up so many sacks because they hit the QB from the blind side. At least let the Qb see it coming-lol

hermhater
02-11-2008, 01:06 AM
lol , Mcintosh will be ok if he blocks strong side instead of weak. if the QB doesnt see the missed block due to slow feet coming his way we are in trouble . He gave up so many sacks because they hit the QB from the blind side. At least let the Qb see it coming-lol

I'm out of sunny but I still think I'm right!

:D

garciakcfan
02-11-2008, 01:33 AM
I would love to see Mcnabb here in a second barring getting rid of a lot to get him. I remember watching him play at syracuse when I was still in high school. Obviously hes older now and a little slower but he's one hell of a football player. And the Philly fans talk crap about everyone. Anyone that can deal with Team Obliterator for a season and be successful is ok by me.

chief31
02-11-2008, 01:38 AM
I would love to see Mcnabb here in a second barring getting rid of a lot to get him. I remember watching him play at syracuse when I was still in high school. Obviously hes older now and a little slower but he's one hell of a football player. And the Philly fans talk crap about everyone. Anyone that can deal with Team Obliterator for a season and be successful is ok by me.

I like the guy alot too. I just am not in a big hurry to shop for a QB, and would be extra worried about his health. :D

hermhater
02-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Yep, McNabb would be toast behind our line, just like any other QB in the league!

rbedgood
02-11-2008, 03:56 PM
McNabb would be fine, as would most any other NFL QB if the Chiefs fix the issues up front...however the likely price tag to obtain McNabb would likely inhibit the team's ability to fix the O-line.

McNabb is much more likely to end up in Baltimore.

AkChief49
02-11-2008, 08:36 PM
McNabb would be fine, as would most any other NFL QB if the Chiefs fix the issues up front...however the likely price tag to obtain McNabb would likely inhibit the team's ability to fix the O-line.

McNabb is much more likely to end up in Baltimore.do you think Miami might try for him?

spiman
02-11-2008, 08:45 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/redbar/attach/jpg.gif here is what we need to do if possible-Matt Ryan. You take the best avaiable player in order-(needs) We need One! If you guys think we have a QB-you have been smoking better stuff than I got and I live in Calif.:113:

texaschief
02-11-2008, 10:35 PM
any interest out there in former #1 pick David Carr? What would you give for Derrick Anderson? (very unimpressive at the Pro Bowl). Perhaps make an inquiry on Brady Quinn.
I still like Quinn Gray from Jax.
Should we just let Greene, Thigpen, and Croyle battle it out?

Carr and Gray should be FA. Obviously, you're gonna have to trade for Anderson or Quinn....but as long as we're talking QBs, any other ideas out there? I REALLY DON'T LIKE RYAN. I could be COMPLETELY wrong about him, but in the games i've watched, he just seems to be a younger Damon Huard. Completely immobile and an AVG. QB with a decent line.

Chiefster
02-11-2008, 11:23 PM
In the AFC, along with the Ravens, would it be a shock if Kansas City made a run at McNabb? The Chiefs' four wins tied for the AFC's fewest, and the club got virtually nothing from its quarterback platoon of Brodie Croyle and Damon Huard. The Chiefs need to address other areas, but need a quarterback more than anything else.

HAHAHAHAHJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

OH golly! I needed a good laugh!

hermhater
02-11-2008, 11:49 PM
any interest out there in former #1 pick David Carr? What would you give for Derrick Anderson? (very unimpressive at the Pro Bowl). Perhaps make an inquiry on Brady Quinn.

Carr and Gray should be FA. Obviously, you're gonna have to trade for Anderson or Quinn....but as long as we're talking QBs, any other ideas out there? I REALLY DON'T LIKE RYAN. I could be COMPLETELY wrong about him, but in the games i've watched, he just seems to be a younger Damon Huard. Completely immobile and an AVG. QB with a decent line.

If Greene is back in KC I haven't heard about it yet.

Getting any QB before fixing the O line is just crazy...

texaschief
02-11-2008, 11:54 PM
If Greene is back in KC I haven't heard about it yet.

Getting any QB before fixing the O line is just crazy...

DAVID Greene boss, not TRENT Green.

hermhater
02-11-2008, 11:56 PM
DAVID Greene boss, not TRENT Green.

Are we looking at this guy?

I haven't heard anything about it.

Why haven't you posted anything about this before?

texaschief
02-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Are we looking at this guy?

I haven't heard anything about it.

Why haven't you posted anything about this before?

Sorry, didn't realize it was my job.:lol: :lol:

David Greene is on our roster already. He was the QB at UGA 5 years ago.

Chiefster
02-12-2008, 12:01 AM

McNabb is much more likely to end up in Baltimore.

Exactly!

hermhater
02-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Sorry, didn't realize it was my job.:lol: :lol:

David Greene is on our roster already. He was the QB at UGA 5 years ago.

Of course it's your job!

Seriously is he on the practice squad or what?

Why is Kennison always listed as the emergency QB?

texaschief
02-12-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm not sure where they have him. i know he's been a Chief since the Nov. 25 game against the Raiders. He's still listed on our roster along with Thigpen, Huard and Croyle.

hermhater
02-12-2008, 12:07 AM
I'm not sure where they have him. i know he's been a Chief since the Nov. 25 game against the Raiders. He's still listed on our roster along with Thigpen, Huard and Croyle.

The few downs I saw Thigpen play he looked athletic, but I didn't get to see enough of him to accurately to assess him.

Are you seriously saying we should get a QB that will get ruined before we fix the line?

texaschief
02-12-2008, 12:14 AM
The few downs I saw Thigpen play he looked athletic, but I didn't get to see enough of him to accurately to assess him.

Are you seriously saying we should get a QB that will get ruined before we fix the line?

no. i do think there will be a competition for the starting QB spot though. I said i don't want Ryan. Then, all the guys i talked about were FA or players to trade for.

I WOULD say that during free agency, you can't JUST look at the O-line and wait till you get whoever you want under contract before looking at other areas of your team. If you happen to sign or trade for another position before you get your line set is ok though.

I wouldn't advocate trading picks for a ANY current QB on another team. BUT i wouldn't mind seeing a Chad Henne or Colt Brennan in camp if we can grab him in the 6th or 7th rounds.

hermhater
02-12-2008, 12:15 AM

NFL career

Greene was drafted in the third round, 85th overall, in the 2005 NFL Draft. He spent 2006 #3 on the Seahawks' depth chart, behind Matt Hasselbeck (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Hasselbeck) and Seneca Wallace (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seneca_Wallace). Despite having a successful collegiate career, he has not played a single regular-season down in his professional career. He had been expected to compete with Seneca Wallace (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seneca_Wallace) to be #2 on the Seahawks' depth chart for the 2007 NFL Season, but disappointed with his play during the preseason. At one point, coach Mike Holmgren (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Holmgren) expressed his dissatisfaction with Greene's progress as a quarterback. In September, 2007, Greene was released from the Seattle Seahawks. [1] (http://seahawks.scout.com/2/670574.html) Greene was signed to the New England Patriots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Patriots)' practice squad on September 19 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_19), 2007, [2] (http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=27803&pcid=47&rss=1) only to be released on November 20 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_20), 2007. [3] (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/11/20/patriots.greene.ap/) Greene received snaps while on the Kansas City Chiefs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Chiefs) practice squad.[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)] Greene was signed onto the active roster on December 29 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_29), 2007.

From Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Greene

hermhater
02-12-2008, 12:18 AM
no. i do think there will be a competition for the starting QB spot though. I said i don't want Ryan. Then, all the guys i talked about were FA or players to trade for.

I WOULD say that during free agency, you can't JUST look at the O-line and wait till you get whoever you want under contract before looking at other areas of your team. If you happen to sign or trade for another position before you get your line set is ok though.

I wouldn't advocate trading picks for a ANY current QB on another team. BUT i wouldn't mind seeing a Chad Henne or Colt Brennan in camp if we can grab him in the 6th or 7th rounds.

Herm said Brodie is our future. Why would there be a competition?

texaschief
02-12-2008, 12:25 AM
Herm said Brodie is our future. Why would there be a competition?

I don't think Croyle impressed enough to make that statement stick. In fact, i think he played so poorly that if Ryan is sitting there at #5 and J. Long is gone, the war room could be torn between another defensive player and Ryan.

That's just my opinion.

I promise you're going to hear the same line you've heard from Herm you heard last year and the year before at a few other positions...."competition makes you better."

I think if Croyle couldn't win the job last year, he's not going to be handed the job this year.

hermhater
02-12-2008, 12:27 AM
I don't think Croyle impressed enough to make that statement stick. In fact, i think he played so poorly that if Ryan is sitting there at #5 and J. Long is gone, the war room could be torn between another defensive player and Ryan.

That's just my opinion.

I promise you're going to hear the same line you've heard from Herm you heard last year and the year before at a few other positions...."competition makes you better."

I think if Croyle couldn't win the job last year, he's not going to be handed the job this year.

Herm is pretty friggin' stubborn and he doesn't really care about the offense (except for controlling the clock, that worked out well with our play calling, and O line ability) so he won't be clamoring for a QB anywhere above the 5th round (where he normally wastes his picks on kickers anyways).

chief31
02-12-2008, 09:35 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/redbar/attach/jpg.gif here is what we need to do if possible-Matt Ryan. You take the best avaiable player in order-(needs) We need One! If you guys think we have a QB-you have been smoking better stuff than I got and I live in Calif.:113:

Awesome!!! How long before we start redying a gurney for him?:D

I would like to see Carr here. I think he is definitely worth a second chance.

Anderson and Quinn would both be too expensive for my taste. (Considering our situation.)

And Gray would be O.K. with me.

I too would be happy to see the Chiefs take a later-rounds shot at another young QB. Especially with some of those guys who were expected to be first-round guys having dropped to down draft boards the way they have.

Chiefster
02-12-2008, 09:41 AM
any interest out there in former #1 pick David Carr?...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

Canada
02-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Bring back Printers!!!!

m0ef0e
02-12-2008, 06:49 PM
OK dudes, the guy that wrote that article is either stupid or just doesn't know anything about the Chiefs' woes on the o-line. We have to fix the line before ANY QB will do any good. It doesn't matter if Flash, Superman, or Goku decided to QB for the Chiefs, they would still get sacked with last year's o-line, super powers and all-- and Goku even has instant transmission!

So yeah, let's sign McNabb, Carr, Printers, and the whole freakin' CFL because we will need an army of QB's if this o-line doesn't improve next season.

Canada
02-12-2008, 07:52 PM
I dunno man, I bet Superman can scramble, but he probably throws too hard.

m0ef0e
02-12-2008, 08:13 PM
I dunno man, I bet Superman can scramble, but he probably throws too hard.

Welbourne and Turley are the football equivalent of kryptonite.

Canada
02-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Welbourne and Turley are the football equivalent of kryptonite.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chiefster
02-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Bring back Printers!!!!

That would be fine with me.

OK dudes, the guy that wrote that article is either stupid or just doesn't know anything about the Chiefs' woes on the o-line. We have to fix the line before ANY QB will do any good. It doesn't matter if Flash, Superman, or Goku decided to QB for the Chiefs, they would still get sacked with last year's o-line, super powers and all-- and Goku even has instant transmission!

So yeah, let's sign McNabb, Carr, Printers, and the whole freakin' CFL because we will need an army of QB's if this o-line doesn't improve next season.

Absolutely agree; good post!

peekaboo224
02-13-2008, 01:15 AM
At least he is a quarterback - but I really don't think he would be a fit in KC.

hermhater
02-13-2008, 01:41 AM
At least he is a quarterback - but I really don't think he would be a fit in KC.

I actually think he would be a great fit if we had an O line.

I can just see him tossing deep to Bowe and TG!

Guru
02-13-2008, 01:43 AM
I would never have picked THIS thread to surpass 20 posts much less 60.

Chiefster
02-13-2008, 02:16 AM

Me either.

hermhater
02-13-2008, 02:21 AM

Me either.

What are you guys talking about?

Who passed 20 or 60 quotes?

:sign0153:

Chiefster
02-13-2008, 03:09 AM

Post replies.

hermhater
02-13-2008, 03:39 AM
Post replies.

Is that a feature I don't know about?

How do you see posts per thread?

Canada
02-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Is that a feature I don't know about?

How do you see posts per thread?

Don't worry about it....you have to be able to count. :sign0104:

Canada
02-13-2008, 09:30 AM
hahahaha this is #69 and you will never guess how I know that!! :pointlaugh: That me and Chief31 laughing at you!! :sign0104:

chief31
02-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Or look at the post-count.

Canada
02-13-2008, 09:34 AM
Or look at the post-count.

shhhhh....10 000+ posts and he still hasn't seen it. I wanna see how long it lasts!! :)

chief31
02-13-2008, 09:56 AM
shhhhh....10 000+ posts and he still hasn't seen it. I wanna see how long it lasts!! :)

I've actually seen him post things about the post-count. He is just wasted again.:lol:

Canada
02-13-2008, 09:58 AM
I've actually seen him post things about the post-count. He is just wasted again.:lol:

He can't be, he didn't call me at 2 am!!

hermhater
02-13-2008, 01:18 PM

The way Guru worded it made it sound like he was talking about someone surpassing a particular amount of posts in a thread.

:sign0104: :sign0104:

Chiefster
02-13-2008, 04:24 PM
The way Guru worded it made it sound like he was talking about someone surpassing a particular amount of posts in a thread.

:sign0104: :sign0104:

Yes you are a :sign0104: ! :D

hermhater
02-15-2008, 02:24 AM
I am not!

I have 10,000 posts that makes me a somebody!

(Doesn't it? :biggrin:)

Chiefster
02-15-2008, 10:05 PM
I am not!

I have 10,000 posts that makes me a somebody!

(Doesn't it? :biggrin:)

Why yes; it makes you a legend in your own mind! :D
j/k

hermhater
02-16-2008, 12:16 AM
Why yes; it makes you a legend in your own mind! :D
j/k

You stay away from my mind! :sign0104:

Chiefster
02-16-2008, 09:19 PM

Trust me - NO PROBLEM! :p

hermhater
02-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Trust me - NO PROBLEM! :p

Hah!

:lol:

rbedgood
02-26-2008, 01:35 PM

A great mind is a terrible thing to waste...

However in HH's case

A wasted mind is just a terrible thing...

hermhater
02-26-2008, 01:36 PM

However in HH's case

You stay away from my mind too! :sign0104:

texaschief
02-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Per PFT:

A rumor making the rounds at the Scouting Combine is that the Miami Dolphins and the Kansas City Chiefs are talking to the Buffalo Bills about the availability of quarterback J.P. Losman.

Losman, a first-round draft pick of the Bills in 2004, is entering the final year of his rookie contract. He has asked to be traded, and he has said that he intends to leave Buffalo after the deal expires.

The former Tulane quarterback wants out because he has lost the starting job to Trent Edwards, a third-round selection in 2007.

But the Bills would be wise to have a backup with game experience. Thus, having Losman around as Edwards develops makes sense.

The question that the Bills have to ask themselves is whether any offer for Losman is sufficiently significant to offset the risk of having to bring in a new backup to Edwards.

Then there’s the issue of whether the Bills want to set a precedent that guys who are unhappy can talk their way out of town. Oh, wait . . . they already did that last year with running back Willis McGahee.
I don't know much about Loseman but competition at the QB spot is always a good thing when the starter isn't set.

Chiefster
02-26-2008, 09:38 PM

However in HH's case

You stay away from my mind too! :sign0104:

...For your own good rbedgood. :D

Canada
02-27-2008, 09:04 AM
I think lossman stinks. that is my 2/100ths of a $. Still can't find that cents button. (I think he is better than T. Edwards, but makes a lot of bad decisions)

Chiefster
02-27-2008, 09:27 AM
I think lossman stinks. that is my 2/100ths of a $. Still can't find that cents button. (I think he is better than T. Edwards, but makes a lot of bad decisions)

The Chiefs do not die from a lack of people within the organization that do that.

m0ef0e
02-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Per PFT:

A rumor making the rounds at the Scouting Combine is that the Miami Dolphins and the Kansas City Chiefs are talking to the Buffalo Bills about the availability of quarterback J.P. Losman.

Losman, a first-round draft pick of the Bills in 2004, is entering the final year of his rookie contract. He has asked to be traded, and he has said that he intends to leave Buffalo after the deal expires.

The former Tulane quarterback wants out because he has lost the starting job to Trent Edwards, a third-round selection in 2007.

But the Bills would be wise to have a backup with game experience. Thus, having Losman around as Edwards develops makes sense.

The question that the Bills have to ask themselves is whether any offer for Losman is sufficiently significant to offset the risk of having to bring in a new backup to Edwards.

Then there’s the issue of whether the Bills want to set a precedent that guys who are unhappy can talk their way out of town. Oh, wait . . . they already did that last year with running back Willis McGahee.
I don't know much about Loseman but competition at the QB spot is always a good thing when the starter isn't set.

Thanks for the info. :sign0098: The Dolphins can have him.

hermhater
02-27-2008, 12:59 PM
Losman better watch out for what he wishes, he just might get that trade to Miami.

texaschief
02-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Just the fact that they're looking at Loseman makes me think they might be willing to pull the trigger on a QB at some point in this draft....i just hope it's Flacco.

hermhater
02-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Just the fact that they're looking at Loseman makes me think they might be willing to pull the trigger on a QB at some point in this draft....i just hope it's Flacco.

I like Flacco. I wouldn't mind seeing a tall QB behind the line, he might even be able to see the defenders coming around the edge of the line and get rid of the ball before he gets his *** plowed into the turf!

texaschief
02-27-2008, 01:09 PM
I like Flacco. I wouldn't mind seeing a tall QB behind the line, he might even be able to see the defenders coming around the edge of the line and get rid of the ball before he gets his *** plowed into the turf!

the only negative i've heard about this guy is his foot work. but you can coach foot work. you can't teach height and arm strength.

hermhater
02-27-2008, 01:13 PM
the only negative i've heard about this guy is his foot work. but you can coach foot work. you can't teach height and arm strength.

I'd be worried for anyone who thinks they are coming into Herms offense to learn anything.

texaschief
02-27-2008, 01:19 PM
yeah, Chan Gailey has a history of horrible offenses and losing records....what was i thinking? :iamwithstupid:

hermhater
02-27-2008, 01:23 PM
yeah, Chan Gailey has a history of horrible offenses and losing records....what was i thinking? :iamwithstupid:

You're assuming he is gonna be allowed to run the offense his way.

texaschief
02-27-2008, 01:29 PM
i doubt he'd take the job if he wouldn't be allowed to. I think you would've seen some one else, younger as the OC if Herm planned to run the offense.

I wonder if the offense does a complete 180 within the next couple years if you'd give Herm credit or Gailey.

My guess is Gailey.

hermhater
02-27-2008, 01:32 PM
i doubt he'd take the job if he wouldn't be allowed to. I think you would've seen some one else, younger as the OC if Herm planned to run the offense.

I wonder if the offense does a complete 180 within the next couple years if you'd give Herm credit or Gailey.

My guess is Gailey.

Look guy, I don't WANT to hate Herm, but he is destroying our Chiefs.

Let's see what the offense does this year, and if the D can hold up all season if they suck it up again.

texaschief
02-27-2008, 01:38 PM
no, age destroyed the Chiefs. when that happens, the fault lies at the feet of the GM.

hermhater
02-27-2008, 02:38 PM
no, age destroyed the Chiefs. when that happens, the fault lies at the feet of the GM.

Is that what happened in NY too?

texaschief
02-27-2008, 02:40 PM
which year? the year(s) Pennington got hurt or the ones Curtis ran all over the NFL?

hermhater
02-27-2008, 02:43 PM
which year? the year(s) Pennington got hurt or the ones Curtis ran all over the NFL?

Herm got Chad, and a lot of other QB's, killed while in NY.

While Curtis was running all over the NFL, he was also being run into the ground.

texaschief
02-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Herm got Chad, and a lot of other QB's, killed while in NY.

While Curtis was running all over the NFL, he was also being run into the ground.

yeah, he was running all over the NFL without an offensive line too, right?

hermhater
02-27-2008, 03:02 PM
yeah, he was running all over the NFL without an offensive line too, right?

From the injuries to the offensive players, I would warrant a big "NO" on that, but I have to admit I really don't know what the situation was there.

Canada
02-27-2008, 05:52 PM

My guess is Gailey.

Why wouldn't it be Gailey. I am willing to five Herm his chance, but this is year 3 and it is time to show the team that you plan to make a run with. I hope Gailey is allowed to have control over the O cause Herm is a terrible offensive coach. Hopefully this year he can redeem himself as a head coach.

hermhater
02-28-2008, 02:46 AM
Why wouldn't it be Gailey. I am willing to five Herm his chance, but this is year 3 and it is time to show the team that you plan to make a run with. I hope Gailey is allowed to have control over the O cause Herm is a terrible offensive coach. Hopefully this year he can redeem himself as a head coach.

Word!

Canada
02-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Barry?

Word!

rbedgood
02-28-2008, 12:24 PM

Two words

JIM DRUNKENMILLER

Not sure if I spelled his name right, but he was tall, had a great arm, but issues with footwork. Never did make anything of himself in the NFL

hermhater
02-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Barry?

White.

Two words

JIM DRUNKENMILLER

Not sure if I spelled his name right, but he was tall, had a great arm, but issues with footwork. Never did make anything of himself in the NFL

What good does footwork do when you're lying on your back?

rbedgood
02-28-2008, 01:42 PM
What good does footwork do when you're lying on your back?

With proper footwork the QB gets back to the "right" spot, quicker and is able to see the field as he drops back...this allows him to theoretically make a decision quicker and get rid of the ball quicker, thus not ending up on his back so often. Or so goes the theory.

hermhater
02-29-2008, 02:18 AM
With proper footwork the QB gets back to the "right" spot, quicker and is able to see the field as he drops back...this allows him to theoretically make a decision quicker and get rid of the ball quicker, thus not ending up on his back so often. Or so goes the theory.

I guess that's as good an explanation as I've heard.

What's with the 3, 5, and 7 step drops?

rbedgood
02-29-2008, 05:01 PM
I guess that's as good an explanation as I've heard.

What's with the 3, 5, and 7 step drops?

That's what I meant by the "right" spot. They are pretty literal...at 3 step drop is three steps back (right, left, right) into a throwing position....no stutter steps, not a shuffle, 3 full-sized steps, the third and final almost being a pivot into the throwing position. The 5 & 7 step just have a few extra steps for a deeper pocket position. 3 step drops are generally used in west coast offense or shorter routes, as a 5 or 7 step drop doesn't allow the QB to be in position to throw on a slant, curl or quickout pattern. However the 3 step drop puts him too close to the D-line for the WR to run a deep post, flag or fly pattern, thus enter the 5 or 7 step drop.

hermhater
02-29-2008, 08:37 PM
That's what I meant by the "right" spot. They are pretty literal...at 3 step drop is three steps back (right, left, right) into a throwing position....no stutter steps, not a shuffle, 3 full-sized steps, the third and final almost being a pivot into the throwing position. The 5 & 7 step just have a few extra steps for a deeper pocket position. 3 step drops are generally used in west coast offense or shorter routes, as a 5 or 7 step drop doesn't allow the QB to be in position to throw on a slant, curl or quickout pattern. However the 3 step drop puts him too close to the D-line for the WR to run a deep post, flag or fly pattern, thus enter the 5 or 7 step drop.

I like the Statue of Liberty play.

That always works.

rbedgood
03-05-2008, 04:51 PM
I like the Statue of Liberty play.

That always works.

Ummmmm...rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrri ght...

First of all the time it takes for the play to develop typically wouldn't work in the pros, especially with a mediocre O-line. Additionally you have to have a RB that has the speed to get to the outside before the LBs, not exactly LJs strong suit.

hermhater
03-07-2008, 03:54 AM
Ummmmm...rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrri ght...

First of all the time it takes for the play to develop typically wouldn't work in the pros, especially with a mediocre O-line. Additionally you have to have a RB that has the speed to get to the outside before the LBs, not exactly LJs strong suit.

That's crazy talk.

Statue of Liberty is all about misdirection, and if you DO (like we do) have a RB that can run over anyone after he gets his speed up, then we can do it every time we get into short yardage!

So put that in your pipe and smoke it!

(meerschaum I guess?)

texaschief
03-07-2008, 04:09 PM
That's crazy talk.

Statue of Liberty is all about misdirection, and if you DO (like we do) have a RB that can run over anyone after he gets his speed up, then we can do it every time we get into short yardage!

So put that in your pipe and smoke it!

(meerschaum I guess?)

If you like that crap, we might as well turn our offense into the wishbone.

hermhater
03-07-2008, 04:11 PM
If you like that crap, we might as well turn our offense into the wishbone.

WTF???

What does the Statue of Liberty play have to do with the wishbone?

No one runs that crap anymore.

We did that BS in HS and it was worthless.

texaschief
03-07-2008, 04:15 PM
WTF???

What does the Statue of Liberty play have to do with the wishbone?

No one runs that crap anymore.

We did that BS in HS and it was worthless.

There are a few HS here in Texas that still run it....and run it well. That whole offense is nothing but misdirection bs.

texaschief
03-07-2008, 04:16 PM
....and you're right....it IS worthless....just like the statue of liberty.:lol: :lol:

hermhater
03-07-2008, 04:20 PM
There are a few HS here in Texas that still run it....and run it well. That whole offense is nothing but misdirection bs.

I say the wishbone is more about the QB making split decisions (the option) rather than about misdirection from the outset of the play.

....and you're right....it IS worthless....just like the statue of liberty.:lol: :lol:

By your account D wins championships.

How did the Statue of Liberty work for Boise?

texaschief
03-07-2008, 04:24 PM
I say the wishbone is more about the QB making split decisions (the option) rather than about misdirection from the outset of the play.

By your account D wins championships.

How did the Statue of Liberty work for Boise?

Well, the way the teams run it here, it does have a lot of option, the but the off tackle and gut plays are all misdirection.

So, you're basing your arguement for this play off of one success?

hermhater
03-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Well, the way the teams run it here, it does have a lot of option, the but the off tackle and gut plays are all misdirection.

So, you're basing your arguement for this play off of one success?

I'm not really arguing, I know you can only get away with those trick plays at the right time.

I just like giving you crap texas!

texaschief
03-07-2008, 04:30 PM
you? no. :sign0098:

hermhater
03-07-2008, 04:43 PM
you? no. :sign0098:

:D:D

Pro_Angler
03-07-2008, 09:22 PM
MAn nobody wants to give Brodie a shot?? it was his first year and not a full one at that!!!!!!!!!

texaschief
03-07-2008, 09:28 PM
MAn nobody wants to give Brodie a shot?? it was his first year and not a full one at that!!!!!!!!!

I don't have a problem handing him the reigns for a couple seasons. But i will tell you, if there is some way we could trade ANYONE or anything to land Tim Tebow next season, I'd pull the trigger in a heart beat.

hermhater
03-07-2008, 09:34 PM

I do!

He can throw interceptions all year in '08 and I won't have a problem with that!

I'm just worried no one is gonna be there to show him the ropes!

I don't have a problem handing him the reigns for a couple seasons. But i will tell you, if there is some way we could trade ANYONE or anything to land Tim Tebow next season, I'd pull the trigger in a heart beat.

I like Tebow too, and if the Chiefs play like crap again next season we could get rid of Herm and get Tim!

chief31
03-12-2008, 04:11 AM

I do. I am sooo glad that he didn't start at the beginning of last season. Things would be even uglier for him right now. (Unjustifiably so.)

I do!

He can throw interceptions all year in '08 and I won't have a problem with that!

I'm just worried no one is gonna be there to show him the ropes!

I like Tebow too, and if the Chiefs play like crap again next season we could get rid of Herm and get Tim!

Sounds good, except for the Chiefs losing a bunch part. :D

hermhater
03-12-2008, 04:14 AM
I do. I am sooo glad that he didn't start at the beginning of last season. Things would be even uglier for him right now. (Unjustifiably so.)

Sounds good, except for the Chiefs losing a bunch part. :D

Such is the pain of rebuilding.

You have to pick the scab before the wound can heal.

Weird how the NFL works, eh?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

chief31
03-12-2008, 06:07 AM
Such is the pain of rebuilding.

You have to pick the scab before the wound can heal.

Weird how the NFL works, eh?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

It is mu opinion that we have already spent two seasons rebuilding. I realize that this year will be the third, but I hate watching them lose under any circumstances.

Chiefster
03-12-2008, 07:54 AM
It is mu opinion that we have already spent two seasons rebuilding. I realize that this year will be the third, but I hate watching them lose under any circumstances.

Same here, although I understand that rebuilding is in deed painful.

hermhater
03-12-2008, 02:46 PM

Herm says it's gonna be okay.

Same here, although I understand that rebuilding is in deed painful.

Painful indeed.

I hate watching the Chiefs lose.

It breaks my heart.

Chiefster
03-12-2008, 11:07 PM
Herm says it's gonna be okay.

Painful indeed.

I hate watching the Chiefs lose.

It breaks my heart.

:lol::lol::lol:

hermhater
03-14-2008, 06:00 AM
Brohm right?

Chiefster
03-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Brohm right?

Ummmmmmm....Sure, ok.

hermhater
03-16-2008, 05:35 AM
Ummmmmmm....Sure, ok.

Meh.

And Pizza.

(Pizza just sounds like a party, right? And pizza tastes good with beer!)

That makes it seem more like a party!

:drunkhb:

Chiefster
03-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Meh.

And Pizza.

(Pizza just sounds like a party, right? And pizza tastes good with beer!)

That makes it seem more like a party!

:drunkhb:

I love Pizza!

hermhater
03-18-2008, 04:19 AM
I love Pizza!

I love Pizza more!

Canada
03-18-2008, 07:20 AM
I love beer the most....uh I meanPizza.

Chiefster