PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Claims T Anthony Alabi off Waivers

Chiefster
02-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Feb 13, 2008, 12:14:37 PM

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Wednesday that the club claimed T Anthony Alabi off waivers from the Miami Dolphins. Per NFL rules, Alabi will play under terms of his previous contract signed with Miami.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/images/8BEDF47BA0DC4FD282ABCC4F88E2196A.JPG?0.28704561628 68079
Alabi (6-5, 310) appeared in 15 contests as both a tackle and guard over three seasons in Miami (2005-07). He saw action in nine contests on the offensive line for the Dolphins in 2007. He originally entered the NFL as Miami’s fifth-round selection (162nd overall) in the 2005 NFL Draft, a pick obtained from Kansas City in the CB Patrick Surtain trade. Alabi was a four-year letterman at TCU (2001-04), starting at left tackle in his final three seasons. He earned first-team All-Conference USA accolades following his junior and senior campaigns. The San Antonio, Texas native prepped at Antonian College Prep High School.
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/02/13/kansas_city_claims_t_anthony_alabi_off_waivers/

hermhater
02-14-2008, 04:29 AM
Chiefster finally starts a thread...

And I am too tired to respond.

What did that say?

Someone summarize.

and give me beer

Chiefster
02-14-2008, 06:42 AM

What did that say?

Someone summarize.

and give me beer

Kansas City Claims T Anthony Alabi off Waivers from Miami.

Canada
02-14-2008, 07:49 AM

What did that say?

Someone summarize.

and give me beer

You tell him you are too tired to respond in your response?? :sign0098::sign0104:

jerhart
02-14-2008, 08:03 AM
anyway......so what do you guys think of this pick-up?

Chiefster
02-14-2008, 08:15 AM
You tell him you are too tired to respond in your response?? :sign0098::sign0104:

:lol::lol::lol:

...Hard to say; could be another one of Carl's projects, could be another bust - I don't really know anything about the guy.

chief31
02-14-2008, 08:58 AM

I look at this move as a project/depth move. If the Dolphins fealt compelled to release him, then he likely won't impress anyone around here either.

But then he is a younger guy, with some decent size. So, maybe he surprises us. (Project.)

Canada
02-14-2008, 09:32 AM
I look at this move as a project/depth move. If the Dolphins fealt compelled to release him, then he likely won't impress anyone around here either.

But then he is a younger guy, with some decent size. So, maybe he surprises us. (Project.)

I am crossing my fingers! I pretty much leave any opinions on O linemen to you. :D All my info comes from you guys!! :bananen_smilies046:

chief31
02-14-2008, 09:39 AM
I am crossing my fingers! I pretty much leave any opinions on O linemen to you. :D All my info comes from you guys!! :bananen_smilies046:
I know that I will be p***ed if we are putting faith in this guys ability to start. If this is our answer to a starting position, then we are in trouble for next year too. But I think he is just here for depth, and "maybe..."

Canada
02-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Maybe Herm and CP think he will play with McIntosh cause they have chemistry both bein from Miami and all?!?! :lol:

Ilamuku
02-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Cleveland, Denver, and Houston tried to claim him as well.

AkChief49
02-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Maybe Herm and CP think he will play with McIntosh cause they have chemistry both bein from Miami and all?!?! :lol:the only chemistry in Miami...well don't they smuggle that in?:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
02-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Cleveland, Denver, and Houston tried to claim him as well.

Well maybe there is something to the guy.

chief31
02-16-2008, 02:09 AM
the only chemistry in Miami...well don't they smuggle that in?:bananen_smilies046:
Very nice. Rep.

hermhater
02-16-2008, 02:14 AM
Very nice. Rep.

Rep for giving rep to a really good post.

This could turn into a phenomenon!

:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
02-16-2008, 09:13 PM

I know that I will be p***ed if we are putting faith in this guys ability to start. If this is our answer to a starting position, then we are in trouble for next year too. But I think he is just here for depth, and "maybe..."

Agreed; why are we wasting time bringing in part of an "O" line that sucked as bad as ours does?

hermhater
02-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Agreed; why are we wasting time bringing in part of an "O" line that sucked as bad as ours does?

This just in:

CARL SUCKS!

m0ef0e
02-18-2008, 03:28 PM

Ronnie Brown was tearing it up and they kept Trent on his feet until he tried to throw a block.

The 'phins were crap last year because they could not score but also because they couldn't stop anybody either. I'm sure that defense was VERY disappointing to the Miami faithful last season. I, for one, thought they had a lot more talent than they displayed.

I'm just saying that as bad as the Dolphins were, I didn't watch them closely enough to determine if their line was any better/worse than ours but there were other things I did see going on with that team. (Disappointing defense, putting their faith in a QB that should have retired, and trading their best receiving threat to sandy eggo.)

Coach
02-18-2008, 04:07 PM

I agree with Chief31, this is about depth as much as anything. He might not even make the team. I can't imagine Miami letting go of someone that was a showstopper.

Chiefster
02-18-2008, 04:16 PM
I agree with Chief31, this is about depth as much as anything. He might not even make the team. I can't imagine Miami letting go of someone that was a showstopper.

Agreed, They have more work to do then we do.

Chiefster
02-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Ronnie Brown was tearing it up and they kept Trent on his feet until he tried to throw a block.

The 'phins were crap last year because they could not score but also because they couldn't stop anybody either. I'm sure that defense was VERY disappointing to the Miami faithful last season. I, for one, thought they had a lot more talent than they displayed.

I'm just saying that as bad as the Dolphins were, I didn't watch them closely enough to determine if their line was any better/worse than ours but there were other things I did see going on with that team. (Disappointing defense, putting their faith in a QB that should have retired, and trading their best receiving threat to sandy eggo.)

Good points all around. :sign0098:

Rep!

Canada
02-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Woo hoo Its 4:20

Chiefster
02-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Woo hoo Its 4:20

You've created an alias and giving yourself mad rep love right?

Canada
02-18-2008, 04:27 PM
You've created an alias and giving yourself mad rep love right?

Me? Timsatt? Never!! :D Why does everyone think I should not get rep? jerks

Chiefster
02-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Me? Timsatt? Never!! :D Why does everyone think I should not get rep? jerks

:lol: :lol: :lol:

rbedgood
02-26-2008, 11:52 AM
I have a feeling years down the road, the name TimSatt will still be surfacing here. As for the rep, is that how everyone took off, by making aliases and repping themselves. That's pretty lame if it is!!

hermhater
02-26-2008, 02:44 PM
I have a feeling years down the road, the name TimSatt will still be surfacing here. As for the rep, is that how everyone took off, by making aliases and repping themselves. That's pretty lame if it is!!

I doubt people have been repping themselves.

I don't really know how the rep race began, though, so I guess I could be wrong.

Chiefster
02-26-2008, 09:41 PM

I can tell you most assuredly that I have not been repping myself, nor has anyone else to my knowledge. I was only joking with Canada.

hermhater
02-28-2008, 03:12 AM
I can tell you most assuredly that I have not been repping myself, nor has anyone else to my knowledge. I was only joking with Canada.

It's just so hard to believe a republican when they say something.

:biggrin:

rbedgood
02-28-2008, 12:46 PM
It's just so hard to believe a republican when they say something.

:biggrin:

As if a Democrat, Libertarian, or even Green Party individual would be any different...

hermhater
02-28-2008, 01:04 PM
As if a Democrat, Libertarian, or even Green Party individual would be any different...

Touche...

Chiefster
02-28-2008, 04:38 PM

Agreed.

Who do you think the Republicans learned from. :D