PDA

View Full Version : Everyone in Illinois OK?

sling58
02-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Just checking to make sure none of the Crowders were involved or hurt during the shooting at the Northern Illinois University earlier.

My prayers go out to everyone.

hermhater
02-15-2008, 02:35 PM
At least that dipshh!t was kind enough to take his own life after the massacre.

chief31
02-16-2008, 05:05 AM
I don't think that I knew anyone involved. It seems that nobody has any idea why he might have done something like this.

Not that there is any kind of a reason that makes sense, but...

Chiefster
02-16-2008, 06:16 AM
Just checking to make sure none of the Crowders were involved or hurt during the shooting at the Northern Illinois University earlier.

My prayers go out to everyone.

Same here.

hermhater
02-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Too bad this incident had to come while we were discussing gun control on this site.

Just makes others arguments so much more legit.

If everyone else in the class had a gun this never would have happened.

AkChief49
02-17-2008, 03:29 PM
I read that the guy quit taking his meds. So looks like he was imbalanced to begin with. Thoughts and prayers to all at NIU!!!

texaschief
02-17-2008, 04:05 PM
The press needs to stop covering this BS!! It's giving too many dumbasses ideas.

hermhater
02-17-2008, 04:23 PM
The press needs to stop covering this BS!! It's giving too many dumbasses ideas.

So you like the second amendment, but not the FIRST???

:sign0153:

chief31
02-17-2008, 05:22 PM
So you like the second amendment, but not the FIRST???

:sign0153:

Well, they should still have the right to cover these stories so much, but maybe they should quit making the stories so big. (Just by their own sense of wit.)

Of course, the market does dictate what kind of stories the press covers. And Americans sure do love to hear about things like this.

But,as everybody probably knows by now, I think that people should retain the right to do stupid things, and use their own good judgement about exercising those right.

hermhater
02-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Well, they should still have the right to cover these stories so much, but maybe they should quit making the stories so big. (Just by their own sense of wit.)

Of course, the market does dictate what kind of stories the press covers. And Americans sure do love to hear about things like this.

But,as everybody probably knows by now, I think that people should retain the right to do stupid things, and use their own good judgement about exercising those right.

Well spoken, and very American of you.

Now if you don't love America there are thousands of other countries that would be happy to have you! :D

Canada
02-17-2008, 07:27 PM

There is something far more disturbing than TV that makes people do this crap. I watch TV and have never shot up anything. I doubt anyone saw a school massacre on TV and thought Hey! Maybe I will try that!!

chief31
02-18-2008, 04:35 AM
There is something far more disturbing than TV that makes people do this crap. I watch TV and have never shot up anything. I doubt anyone saw a school massacre on TV and thought Hey! Maybe I will try that!!

Also an excellent point.

hermhater
02-18-2008, 11:13 AM

Also an excellent point.

I don't know that I would agree with this.

I do agree that those that do it are disturbed, but don't deny that the press covering it gives those disturbed folks the idea.

That being said, it is also the press that lets the public know it is happening, and gives them the opportunity to vote for those who will pass legislation to do something about the problem.

Canada
02-18-2008, 11:31 AM
I don't know that I would agree with this.

I do agree that those that do it are disturbed, but don't deny that the press covering it gives those disturbed folks the idea.

That being said, it is also the press that lets the public know it is happening, and gives them the opportunity to vote for those who will pass legislation to do something about the problem.

So, if no one ever saw it on TV it wouldn't happen? How do you explain the first school shooting?

hermhater
02-18-2008, 11:36 AM
So, if no one ever saw it on TV it wouldn't happen? How do you explain the first school shooting?

I'm not saying "only" those people who do it, did it because they saw it on TV, only that it might influence others who are weak, and just want some infamy before they off themselves.

I don't think it should be censored, just saying it may give mentally deranged folks the idea, had they not thought of it before.

Canada
02-18-2008, 11:38 AM
So the problem is TV control, not gun control?

hermhater
02-18-2008, 11:44 AM
So the problem is TV control, not gun control?

Nope.

Just as I believe not every single thing should be allowed on TV, I also believe not every single fire arm available should be allowed to the general public.

I believe in the freedom of speech much more than I believe in the right to bear arms.

Canada
02-18-2008, 11:46 AM
I just don't buy that people are shooting up school because they saw it on TV. Maybe they got the idea of a school because they saw it on TV, but the fact is, they were gonna kill a lot of people whether it was a school, office building, subway station or any other public place (where you can't smoke) Sorry 31, had to add that! :D

hermhater
02-18-2008, 11:49 AM
I just don't buy that people are shooting up school because they saw it on TV. Maybe they got the idea of a school because they saw it on TV, but the fact is, they were gonna kill a lot of people whether it was a school, office building, subway station or any other public place (where you can't smoke) Sorry 31, had to add that! :D

On this we are agreed!

Psycho's generally go to a place where those they feel have oppressed them, and that usually involves others in their age range.

texaschief
02-18-2008, 04:08 PM

guns have been around for a couple hundred years. how come after the first one happened, there have been a rash of school shootings?

I agree that it should be reported. But once is enough. It doesn't need to be over analysed 22 hours a day, 7 days a week until the next Britney Spears episode.

Canada
02-18-2008, 04:12 PM
guns have been around for a couple hundred years. how come after the first one happened, there have been a rash of school shootings?

I agree that it should be reported. But once is enough. It doesn't need to be over analysed 22 hours a day, 7 days a week until the next Britney Spears episode.

so it should be ignored, swept under the rug and then hope that it dosen't happen again? To say these things happen because they show them on TV is truly ridiculous.

Think outside the US for a minute. Guns are not carried by most individuals. Canada does not have nearly the amound of school shootings or shootings in general that the US has.

While I agree that it does not have to be on TV all day every day, that is not the reason that it happens.

Chiefster
02-18-2008, 05:48 PM
so it should be ignored, swept under the rug and then hope that it dosen't happen again? To say these things happen because they show them on TV is truly ridiculous.

Think outside the US for a minute. Guns are not carried by most individuals. Canada does not have nearly the amound of school shootings or shootings in general that the US has.

While I agree that it does not have to be on TV all day every day, that is not the reason that it happens.

While I agree that it is not the reason I also wonder if it doesn't play some small role in the minds of these scum bags that perpetrate these heinous crimes.

Canada
02-18-2008, 07:16 PM
While I agree that it is not the reason I also wonder if it doesn't play some small role in the minds of these scum bags that perpetrate these heinous crimes.

There was mass murder long before there was TV. Just wasn't always in schools.

chief31
02-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Actually, since we are trying to blame everyone besides the actually sickos who do these things...

Damn those violent video games!!!!

:lol:

Canada
02-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Actually, since we are trying to blame everyone besides the actually sickos who do these things...

I'm not trying to blame anyone BUT the sickos who do it!!

:11: But if I have to I blame those kids and their Rock n Roll music :punk:

Chiefster
02-18-2008, 09:03 PM
There was mass murder long before there was TV. Just wasn't always in schools.

...Was it ever in schools?

I never once blamed ANYONE other then the sickos responsible for this crap.

Now that you've taken us on a stroll down Stupid Idiot Lane in La La Land, may we rejoin the populous in the real world? :lol:

hermhater
02-21-2008, 04:19 AM
...Was it ever in schools?

Now that you've taken us on a stroll down Stupid Idiot Lane in La La Land, may we rejoin the populous in the real world? :lol:

Such language!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/02/95.jpg:D

Canada
02-21-2008, 10:00 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/02/96.jpgMy cat will whip your cats ***!!

Chiefster
02-21-2008, 11:24 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/02/96.jpgMy cat will whip your cats ***!!

Hilarious! :lol:

chief31
02-23-2008, 12:30 PM

Actually, that is what seems to be going on below.

By this linking of responsibility, maybe we should start blaming the victims for neglecting the perps, and not allowing them to be part of their "click".

Maybe that neglect played some small role in the minds of these scum bags that perpetrate these heinous crimes. Perhaps a much bigger role than watching the news.:D

hermhater
02-23-2008, 01:37 PM
It would seem the bullied can now exact their vengeance upon the bullies.

While I don't agree with the methods, there is something to say for treating your fellow man with dignity...

Chiefster
02-25-2008, 02:30 AM
It would seem the bullied can now exact their vengeance upon the bullies.

While I don't agree with the methods, there is something to say for treating your fellow man with dignity...

Yes there is. Good post reply.

hermhater
02-26-2008, 03:03 AM
Yes there is. Good post reply.

Thanks Chiefster!

How's things goin' out west?

hermhater
02-26-2008, 03:05 AM

Alas, my cat will whip no more ***.

She passed on Friday, and is greatly missed by the entire family.

R.I.P. Cali.

Canada
02-26-2008, 09:33 AM

R.I.P. Cali.

Sorry to hear it man...:bananen_smilies046:

Want my cat?

rbedgood
02-26-2008, 12:00 PM
I think the coverage is good...what should happen though is the name of the perpretrator should be withheld. Much like the football game "streaker" isn't publicized, the news shouldn't give the guy (it hasn't been a girl yet right?) his 15 minutes of infamy. Cover the story, and just refer to him as "The Maniac" or "The Screwed up individual". By giving his name, some other idiot ("copycat") is more likely to follow.

rbedgood
02-26-2008, 12:01 PM

R.I.P. Cali.

Sorry brother...even as a non-feline individual, I have compassion for your loss.

rbedgood
02-26-2008, 12:03 PM
:lol: p.s. A puppy might help with the grief!!:lol:

hermhater
02-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Sorry brother...even as a non-feline individual, I have compassion for your loss.

Thanks man, it's appreciated.

We are gonna get a dog once we move into a house. Apartment living is no life for a dog.

Chiefster
02-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Thanks Chiefster!

How's things goin' out west?

Things are what they are. :D

AkChief49
02-26-2008, 07:53 PM

R.I.P. Cali.sorry to hear that HH! we have a couple of cats. They rule the roost but man are they fun! a toast to Cali-R.I.P

Chiefster
02-26-2008, 07:56 PM

R.I.P. Cali.

Sorry about that dude.

hermhater
02-28-2008, 04:15 AM
sorry to hear that HH! we have a couple of cats. They rule the roost but man are they fun! a toast to Cali-R.I.P

Sorry about that dude.

Thanks guys.

The funeral is this Sunday.

All cat lovers are welcome.